GUILTY MI - Ricky Holland, 7, Williamston, 1 July 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New Year's Day will mark six months - 184 days - since Ricky Holland's parents say they last saw him, and police don't appear any closer to solving a case that drew national attention and gripped a community.

Authorities have chased possible sightings, searched the Red Cedar River, followed tips from a July airing of "America's Most Wanted" - even dug up the boy's parents' backyard - but turned up no sign of the Williamston youngster who turned 8 years old in September. Ricky's parents also remain "persons of interest" in the investigation, police said.

Studies indicate that only a small percentage - a fraction of one percent - of missing children are never found.

Still, Tim and Lisa Holland continue to hope for their son's return, said their attorney Neil Rockind.

"They're extremely devastated that Ricky is not in their home, where he should be."
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051228/NEWS01/512280356

Adoptive mother of missing boy jailed

Updated: 1/26/2006
By T.M. Shultz, Lansing State Journal

Lansing - Lisa Holland, the adoptive mother of missing child Ricky Holland, is in the Ingham County Jail Sheriff Gene Wrigglesworth confirmed today.

“We're seeking warrants right now,” Wrigglesworth said early this afternoon.

He declined to say what the warrants are for; he said he expects to release more information later this afternoon.

It's not clear if Holland's arrest is tied to Ricky's case.

The child went missing in July 2005 and sparked a massive search that yielded few clues over the next several months.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49668

Having recently moved far from the general area Ricky was from I am VERY interested to see where this goes. Please keep us informed. I don't know whether to hope this is connected to Ricky or not. I still want to believe he is okay, but it's been so long. I still pray for a happy resolution in this case.

Lisa Holland, adoptive mother of 8-year-old rocky Holland, will be arraigned this afternoon for domestic assault.

This is not a complaint related to the disappearance of her son rocky, who's been missing since July.

document.write('');Ingham County Sheriffs Deputies tell News 10, its "very likely" that rocky was murdered.

Tim and Lisa Holland have been suspects since this summer. Chief Deputy Vicki Harrison says the case is progressing rapidly.

It's very likely that he was murdered? What does that mean? Is it possible one of the other children told someone Ricky was beaten when he went missing and that's why she's now in jail? This news is confusing.

The mother of a missing Williamston boy is behind bars, facing changes unrelated to her son's case.

Tim and Lisa Holland are the adoptive parents of eight-year-old Ricky Holland. Lisa was arrested Wednesday night and charged Thursday with domestic assault. She was ordered to not have contact with her husband.

The boy has been missing since July after he ran away from home.

Ingham County sheriff's deputies say it is "very likely" that Ricky was murdered.

The boy's adoptive parents have been suspects in his disappearance since the summer.

Another deputy says the case is progressing very rapidly.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4416555&nav=0Rce

I really thought when Lisa was arrested today we would find out what happened to Ricky. I am disappointed that this arrest appears to have nothing to do with Ricky's disappearance. I think that is just on the surface. From what I have read today there were two separate assault instances by Lisa against Tim, one last night and one just before Christmas. Read my blog entry for the complete story. I also was able to capture a picture of Lisa at her arraignment from Windows Media Player for anyone who has not seen a clear picture of her.

Yes, the police did say they believe Ricky was murdered and they are handling the case as both a missing persons case as well as a murder investigation. Poor Ricky. :furious:

I don't understand how the Holland's adoption was finalized this past fall for the last child one month after Ricky's disappearance.

This is so hard to tell what's going on here.

Of note, and interesting that this isn't mentioned in the article, is "was the hair dryer plugged into the wall at the time she threw it at him in the shower?". Throwing a hair dryer at someone is one thing. Throwing a plugged in hair dryer at someone in the shower is attempted murder, premeditated, with a preconceived story of how to cover it up.

Hm.

KatherineQ said:
This is so hard to tell what's going on here.

Of note, and interesting that this isn't mentioned in the article, is "was the hair dryer plugged into the wall at the time she threw it at him in the shower?". Throwing a hair dryer at someone is one thing. Throwing a plugged in hair dryer at someone in the shower is attempted murder, premeditated, with a preconceived story of how to cover it up.

Hm.
You have a good point KatherineQ. I am guessing that the hair dryer was most likely unplugged and it is being considered a dangerous weapon because it was thrown at Tim. He just happened to be in the shower at the time of the assault. She got him when he was most vulnerable so to speak.

I am a bit perplexed at Tim being the victim of domestic violence with him being in the Army and an Intelligence Officer. Either way I am glad he brought charges against her if she is exhibiting those behaviors.

I suppose they will say in her defense that she has been under so much stress because of the investigation that she just "lost it".

Well well, sounds like Lisa might have a problem with anger control. I wonder if she ever lost it with Ricky? Maybe while she is in jail she will break down and confess. Sounds like the home life is getting pretty rocky about now. May be from stress but it could also be the stress of knowing that the possibility of being arrested for Ricky's murder is getting closer and closer. I'm sure that they know that LE suspects them.

I just want Ricky found. If she murdered him then she should just tell the truth and get it over with. I wonder if they are both involved or just one of them. The person who isn't guilty may not even know about the other person.

It will be interesting to see how this all comes out. It really does sound like LE is getting close to an answer. I hope so anyway. Ricky deserves justice.

Ricky Holland's Mother Charged
Lisa Holland, adoptive mother of 8 year old Ricky Holland, was arraigned for domestic assault. The sheriff's office calls the charges unrelated to the disappearance of her son. (full story)

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/2236271.html

His body has been found and both of his parents have been arrested.

Wait, what?! Where did you hear that? Do you have more details?

Oh that breaks my heart. I knew it was unlikely he was still safe and alive but I was holding out hope that someone was taking care of him.

I am SO TIRED of hearing about parents, biological or adoptive, hurting their children!!!

It is such a sad story, you're right Jaybird. What a sweet faced little boy.

On a smaller note how much time, effort and money are wasted each year looking for children when the parents say their child has run off or been abducted that could be put into finding children who really ARE missing, and not murdered and buried and the parents know it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yochy
Back