MI-Rochester Hills-Multiple people injured in shooting at Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad. splash pad-June 15,2024

sds71

Reaction score
ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. (WXYZ) — Multiple people have been injured after an incident involving an active shooter at a splash pad in Rochester Hills on Saturday evening.

Rochester Police said via Facebook just after 6 p.m. Saturday that there was an active shooter situation at Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad, located at 1585 E. Auburn in Rochester Hills.

This is right behind my house. I drove by the shooting site about an hour before it happened. Very shocking.

I'll share any local updates as they come through.

I did see an Oakland County Sheriff helicopter fly just north of my house a few minutes ago, presumably still searching for the shooter.

This is right behind my house. I drove by the shooting site about an hour before it happened. Very shocking.

I'll share any local updates as they come through.

I did see an Oakland County Sheriff helicopter fly just north of my house a few minutes ago, presumably still searching for the shooter.
So sorry - I know from experience how awful these situations are when they happen nearby. Very upsetting. Take care.

jmo

As many as ten people were shot at a splash pad in Rochester Hills around 5 p.m. Saturday after a "random" gunman got out of a vehicle and unloaded 28 gunshots from a handgun at the streetside park, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said.

The shooting occurred at the Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad, 1585 E. Auburn Road, in Rochester Hills, according to the Rochester Police Department and Oakland County Sheriff's Office.

The gunman drove up to the water park, got out of a vehicle, opened fire with a 9mm Glock semi-automatic handgun, reloaded, fired and then reloaded a second time, leaving three bullet magazines at the scene, Bouchard said.

Police later recovered the handgun and magazines, Bouchard said.

Addressing reporters at 7:30 p.m. near the Rochester Hills park, Bouchard said there were nine or ten shooting victims.

Bouchard said the gunman was contained in a home a half mile away from the park and that a swat team was being assembled.

Agenda Free TV on youtube has live coverage

He is pointing out this is the same county/area where Ethan Crumbley shot and killed four students at his school three years ago. And now another mass shooting. Fyi, the ticker has shown 9 to 10 people shot including an 8 year old. That's all the info showing, no updates on condition.

"Nine, “maybe 10” victims were injured in the shooting at Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad in Rochester Hills and transported to multiple hospitals with “varying kinds of injuries,” Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said during a Saturday evening news conference.

The sheriff did not have further details on the extent of the injuries but said he knew at least one person was out of surgery and “did well.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingman73
Back