MI-Rochester Hills-Multiple people injured in shooting at Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad. splash pad-June 15,2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is Any Place "Safe?"
"Rochester Hills is a city in Oakland County... state of Michigan.... 2020 census, population of 76,300....14th-largest city in Michigan."< wiki*
Also:
"It has also ranked as the safest city in Michigan for the past seven years. [6]" w source ---
"Welcome to Rochester Hills, MI". www.rochesterhills.org. Retrieved 2024-04-26.
If info & source are still on that website, I missed it atm.

FWIW, some other info re crime, w raw numbers & rate comparisons to other Detroit suburbs, US, & US cities.

Regardless of where, how, & circumstances, these injuries & deaths are tragic. :(

Rochester Hills — A Rochester Hills couple with two young children were among the nine victims shot at a splash pad in the city, according to a set up by a friend of the family.

Micayla and Eric Coughlin had just arrived at the splash pad with their two children, ages 2 and 7 months, when they heard gunfire, according to the . They each grabbed a child to protect them and were shot seven times in all.

A pregnant woman and her 8-year-old son were also shot, according to a set up by the woman's husband, Kyle Thompson. The boy was shot in the face and is "fighting for his life," according to the . Thompson's wife, who was 29 weeks pregnant, lost the baby.

"The emotional and physical trauma they are enduring is beyond words," Thompson wrote. "We are facing overwhelming medical bills, the costs of trauma care, and funeral expenses for our daughter."

In total, nine people were shot Saturday after a gunman got out of a vehicle and unloaded 28 gunshots from a handgun in a “random” act at the Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad along Auburn Road in Rochester Hills. All remain alive, Oakland County Executive Dave Coulter said at a press conference Sunday morning...

Gunman named: Michael William Nash.
Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said the gunman drove up to the park just after 5 p.m., approached the splash pad and fired more than 28 shots before leaving. He reloaded multiple times, officials said.

[...]

According to Bouchard, the 42-year-old suspected gunman had no criminal history and was living with his mother, who was not home at the time. Officials later identified him as Michael William Nash.

ETA name of shooter at top

Last edited:
Rochester Hills — A Rochester Hills couple with two young children were among the nine victims shot at a splash pad in the city, according to a set up by a friend of the family.

Micayla and Eric Coughlin had just arrived at the splash pad with their two children, ages 2 and 7 months, when they heard gunfire, according to the . They each grabbed a child to protect them and were shot seven times in all.

A pregnant woman and her 8-year-old son were also shot, according to a set up by the woman's husband, Kyle Thompson. The boy was shot in the face and is "fighting for his life," according to the . Thompson's wife, who was 29 weeks pregnant, lost the baby.

"The emotional and physical trauma they are enduring is beyond words," Thompson wrote. "We are facing overwhelming medical bills, the costs of trauma care, and funeral expenses for our daughter."

In total, nine people were shot Saturday after a gunman got out of a vehicle and unloaded 28 gunshots from a handgun in a “random” act at the Brooklands Plaza Splash Pad along Auburn Road in Rochester Hills. All remain alive, Oakland County Executive Dave Coulter said at a press conference Sunday morning...
If he hadn't unalived himself, they'd be able to get him for fetal homicide, if Michigan did that. I have a feeling this (formerly) pregnant woman and 8-year-old boy are the mother and brother of the 4-year-old who was also shot.

About the fundraiser: It was taken down right after I posted, and my money was refunded.
On WXYZ news at 10:00PM last night, reporter mentioned that there was more than one fundraising effort for victims of the shooting. Evidently, there is only one legitimate site, and potential donors are warned to be careful not to contribute to phony fundraisers.

...On Sunday, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard warned residents to beware fraudulent pages since some people have falsely claimed to be victims of the splash pad shooting.

"These bottom-feeding scumbags are preying off this tragedy," Bouchard said in a release. "They have already shown their character. We are unaware of any legitimate charity collecting donations for these families. I encourage anyone interested in donating to check with the Sheriff's Office first. If there are legitimate sites, we will let the public know."

One page collected funds for Kyle J. Johnson, who falsely claimed to be a victim of the shooting, according to the release...

Troy — Charity Litmore doesn't know the victims of Saturday's mass shooting at a splash pad in the city, is not a member of the community or the church that held a Sunday vigil for the victims, but she longed to make sense of the tragedy and create a sense of community in its wake.

‘The only connection I have is I feel horrified that this has happened," said Litmore, 29 of Troy. “I just wanted a place to express my grief with others.”

The prayer vigil held at 5 p.m. for the nine shooting victims brought an overflow crowd to Troy’s Woodside Bible Church; an estimated 150 to 200 people attended. It capped a day when the now-dead gunman was identified as Michael William Nash of Shelby Township, four of the victims were identified, and other area residents and officials condemned the attack...

Troy — Charity Litmore doesn't know the victims of Saturday's mass shooting at a splash pad in the city, is not a member of the community or the church that held a Sunday vigil for the victims, but she longed to make sense of the tragedy and create a sense of community in its wake.

‘The only connection I have is I feel horrified that this has happened," said Litmore, 29 of Troy. “I just wanted a place to express my grief with others.”

The prayer vigil held at 5 p.m. for the nine shooting victims brought an overflow crowd to Troy’s Woodside Bible Church; an estimated 150 to 200 people attended. It capped a day when the now-dead gunman was identified as Michael William Nash of Shelby Township, four of the victims were identified, and other area residents and officials condemned the attack...
Finally identified.

jmo

Update

No motive, arsenal of weapons etc....

Of course there was no motive. Just someone who was paranoid and angry, probably with a personality disorder. IOW a paranoid jerk with too many guns, maybe too much booze and was angry at the world for... whatever. JMO Sick of these entitled jerks.

Last edited:

[QUOTE="BetteDavisEyes, post: 189...al-two-remain-critical/74125033007/ [/QUOTE]

From your second article, its so sad to read the mother's account of the shooting. She and her husband had to grab their kids, cover them with their bodies and drag them out of the line of fire, all while being shot by this jerk. The mom, who had the 2 yr old underneath her, was shot 5 times while trying to get away. It sounds like this creep was deliberately trying to shoot through her to kill the child. The dad was holding the 7 month old baby and was shot in the shin. He yelled at his wife to grab their daughter and try to get away.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen
Back