MI MI - Romulus, LIVING BlkFem 40-60, Double Amputee, Names: Cj, Jesse, China Black, May'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’ve tried doing that, no luck. This time I should put in more than effort - I had stuff to do that day so I didn’t have a lot of time.

Any effort can go a long way..... I seen an earlier post that was a news story about her where she said that she hit by a car outside of a McDonald's and she beleaves that is how she lost her memory but I don't think there was a date as to when that happened I'm guessing since that is how she lost her legs that she would have been in the hospital for quite some time. So if some type of timeline could be established that would be a great start... I also saw some posts saying that she may have been homeless... Has anyone ever went to homeless shelters or with her picture or showed her picture to homeless people in the area?

Maybe this was already posted, but I saw an interesting suggestion by somebody posting on the DNA Doe Facebook page.

Jessie Barnes – The Charley Project

jessie_barnes_1.jpg

• Missing Since 07/07/2000
  • Missing From West Point, Mississippi
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 07/24/1971 (50)
  • Age 28 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and a blue denim dress or jumper.
  • Medical Conditions Barnes is mentally disabled. She can't remember names or numbers very well and has a very trusting nature as a result of her disability.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Barnes has a bite mark on her neck, a scar just below her right knee, and a burn scar on her lower back. Her nickname is Little Jessie.

Maybe this was already posted, but I saw an interesting suggestion by somebody posting on the DNA Doe Facebook page.

jessie_barnes_1.jpg

• Missing Since 07/07/2000
  • Missing From West Point, Mississippi
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 07/24/1971 (50)
  • Age 28 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white t-shirt and a blue denim dress or jumper.
  • Medical Conditions Barnes is mentally disabled. She can't remember names or numbers very well and has a very trusting nature as a result of her disability.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Barnes has a bite mark on her neck, a scar just below her right knee, and a burn scar on her lower back. Her nickname is Little Jessie.

Already posted and I think that the lookalike is there, but some details are clear enough to rule her out.

1) CB said she had a son called David, California.
I know that Jessie doesn't remember names well because of her disability, but I don't believe that she'd say "I have a son" when she actually has a daughter.
The more I think, the more I believe that this name for CB's son is key for ruling out Jessie.

2) Jessie's page mentions nothing about Detroit. CB grew up at Detroit, and her sparse memories point out to Detroit.
Also, people remembered seeing her at Detroit while homeless.
MI - MI - Romulus, LIVING BlkFem 40-60, Double Amputee, Names: Cj, Jesse, China Black, May'18
No mention of Detroit for Jessie is a real problem.

These two details put together means it's not a match.

The lookalike is there, but the puzzle doesn't fit from two key details.

I was checking back on a NJ case for which I suggested Elizabeth Regina Turner, missing from Detroit 4/2013, as a potential match. I don't know how recently it happened but it seems her case may have been resolved as the NamUs profile now has a permission error but the suggested UID's profile is still active. After looking at Elizabeth's photos again I realized she might be China Black. I hope they give an update on China and/or Elizabeth.

If this is Elizabeth it would fit with and perhaps explain the time frame. For example:

Elizabeth missing - 04/09/2013
China found - 05/14/2018 - she'd been there 3-4 years which would be 2014-15.

Seems if Elizabeth was involved in an accident she'd have quite a lengthy recovery for at least a few months but maybe longer. I wonder if China lost her pinkie in the accident? Elizabeth's profile mentions a scar on her upper thigh but has absolutely zero info about injuries/scars/disfigurements/etc.

I hope for China's sake that she gets answers soon (or already has her answer)! :D

turner_elizabeth2.jpg
Original

turner_elizabeth.jpg
Original

I wish!

But what's strange for me is that Elizabeth Turner is not on NamUS while CB is still.

Also, Elizabeth Turner is still on Charley Project: Elizabeth Regina Turner – The Charley Project

Elizabeth Turner has very few details available, but the rule-out is Elizabeth Turner is out of NamUS while CB is still active.

Stats match, they are uncannily similar, but the NamUS deactivation for Elizabeth means that it's not a match.

Just wondering why she uses the name China Black. Interesting and strange: I found somebody with the nickname China Black who went to the Wayne State University in Detroit.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/china-black-345369192

I wouldn't bet all my money on saying she wasn't educated, just because she speaks in a certain way. We know now that Dr. Cherryl Lamont Pearson isn't a match. Thanks for that @Giuc0. And remember, people of all walks of life can become homeless and not surprisingly lot's of them are intelligent (not the same as educated). Although I understand bringing up theories for narrowing the search down. Let's be careful by saying things about her possible background and what she is or she isn't.
True, but she went to uni after CB lost her memory, in 2019.

I am not that sure our CB, the person we try to help, was at uni in 2019.

But it points out to CB's strong ties with Detroit.

PM Suggestions -
Tannisha Marie Edison
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Apart NamUS, I find nothing about her. Edison on Charley Project turns nothing, nothing on Doe Network and nothing on LE website, nothing on Detroit Police social medias. The little info available and no photo is very frustrating!

Katrina Lynn Johnson
Again, nothing on Charley Project. Nothing on Doe Network and limited info + no photo. Ugh!

SHEQUENIA D BURNETT
Considered as "resolved" by Charley Project, and the report about CB made the leg in Arkansas River very unlikely. CB has been amputated at hospital, so a leg in the river... Excuse me but nope! Shequenia Burnett – The Charley Project
Nose matches, but a leg in Arkansas river is inconsistent with amputation from frostbite. A leg in Arkansas river is consistant with a homicide, not with losing a leg from medical amputation.

Jessie Barnes
Already gave my opinion on why it doesn't work. On the top of that, even accounting for age and weight changes, nose doesn't match at all.

Kierra Westine Barnett
Kierra Westine Barnett – The Charley Project
The only problem with this one is that by running at least fingerprints on her other fingers, or even better, DNA, CB would already had been matched. On the top of that, even accounting for aging and weight changes, noses are too different.

Brynisha Nichelle Allen
Brynisha Nichelle Allen – The Charley Project
Tatoos photos and description for MP are absent on CB. I know that laser removal is available, but laser removal is much more visible on dark skin. Brynisha has tatoos on her arms and on CB's photo pushing her wheelchair, even with the dark background, it's obvious that there are no tats nor traces of laser removal.
And Brynisha's skin is more a cappuccino color while CB's skin is much darker.
So, story matches, but the tats on MP is a major inconsistency and skin tones are not a match.

Last edited:
I check in periodically for updates on this case - either she's been identified and LE/DDP are not making an announcement for some legal reason, or they are still working the case - but usually we see after this long they start to make geographic and or specific surname call-outs and... nothing.

Any other theories?

I am terrible at comparing older and newer photos but could this be her?

pUXQAlf.png

This woman is named China Johnson and attended Pontiac Northern High School in Pontiac, Michigan which is about 30 minutes from Detroit. She was born in about 1970. This photo is from 1986.

I don't think you can see the page without being logged into Ancestry.com but if you have an account, here is the link to the page: Join Ancestry

It's in their database called U.S. School Yearbooks, 1900-2016.

pUXQAlf.png

This woman is named China Johnson and attended Pontiac Northern High School in Pontiac, Michigan which is about 30 minutes from Detroit. She was born in about 1970. This photo is from 1986.

I don't think you can see the page without being logged into Ancestry.com but if you have an account, here is the link to the page: Join Ancestry

Their lips are similar imo, that’s a good find MOO

pUXQAlf.png

Curious if this got turned over to the detective? Or if anyone dug further to see if they could find this lady. Is it just a coincidence CB has also brought up the initials “CJ”? ‍♀️

Curious if this got turned over to the detective? Or if anyone dug further to see if they could find this lady. Is it just a coincidence CB has also brought up the initials “CJ”
Following to find that out as well. It would be so amazing for her to get her identity back in her lifetime

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back