GUILTY MI - Stephen McAfee, 19, Macomb Township, 10 March 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Disgusting. I can't believe he has videos with Stephen! UGHHHHH this sickens me...

Here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCYYR7KvqX4

And another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4xIO7Mimo

This one is captioned "[FONT=&amp]Me and Stephen have known each other since kindergarten! we are brothers from different motherS" [/FONT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1iHZKTfQ4Y (sorry, not sure why that one won't hyperlink)

There are a bunch more...I just don't understand. They were clearly friends. How on EARTH does it get to this point? :(

From Local Media Coverage

Teen accused of covering up murder released from Macomb County Jail

[FONT=&amp]
POSTED: [/FONT]
04/29/17, 3:32 PM EDT[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
Before most were sitting down for dinner Friday, 18-year-old Eevette Macdonald was walking out of the Macomb County Jail after her family posted bond for the teen accused of helping to cover up a murder.

Macdonald’s family posted a $20,000 bond set hours earlier during a Romeo court hearing in which the woman’s former boyfriend, Andrew Fiacco, was charged in the slaying and mutilation of an acquaintance who went missing last year.

“She’s out now and must follow whatever conditions were set by the judge that she is required to follow,” Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said Saturday.

They were questioned and investigators were led to the shallow grave behind Fiacco’s home where a skull and lower extremities were unearthed.

According to the sheriff’s office, McAfee had been shot three times in the field by Fiacco and left to die. Fiacco returned to the scene about a month later with Macdonald to show her the body. They left and returned a second time, where Fiacco used an ax to chop the body in half. They then collected the body parts in a duffle bag and drove to Fiacco’s house, where one set of body parts was burned in a fire pit, investigators said.

Officials said Fiacco’s story “changed multiple times,” and they still haven’t determined a motive.

Fiacco’s attorney, Richard Graving, said his client was questioned by police without him being present and that his client has mental health issues including depression and Asperger’s syndrome, a form of autism.

“He was in an inpatient drug rehabilitation program and he shouldn’t have been there,” Graving said. “He simply doesn’t have a drug problem. The idea was, he needed to be in counseling.”
Fiacco, who was adopted at a young age, was working with his father in either construction or general labor, Graving said. The attorney described Fiacco and McAfee as being “best friends” since the age of 8.

He said once released, Macdonald would be staying at the residence of her grandmother, who works for the Troy district court. He said she is a senior who is supposed to graduate in June, and will take online classes for her last few weeks in school. She enrolled at Macomb Community College and has a full-time job, he added. She must wear an electronic tether so her movements can be monitored.
Fiacco remains in jail. Both are scheduled to return to court May 23.

~

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...ng-up-murder-released-from-macomb-county-jail

BBM

This is a VERY Strange Case all the way around. Rumbling on local pages of AF's possible reasoning makes this so Senseless :(

She sure got out fast! Online Schooling is all I can see for her. Locals we're fearing she may try and return to the local HS.

Attorney stating AF was questioned without him present..... Oh Boy!

Why only take half of his remains and leave the rest there? :waitasec: Odd? Did they not think someone might find them?

AF was adopted at a young age?

AF & Stephen Best friends since age 8.

~

[h=1]From Local Media Coverage

Teen accused of covering up murder released from Macomb County Jail
[/h][FONT=&amp]
POSTED: [/FONT]
04/29/17, 3:32 PM EDT[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
Before most were sitting down for dinner Friday, 18-year-old Eevette Macdonald was walking out of the Macomb County Jail after her family posted bond for the teen accused of helping to cover up a murder.

Macdonald’s family posted a $20,000 bond set hours earlier during a Romeo court hearing in which the woman’s former boyfriend, Andrew Fiacco, was charged in the slaying and mutilation of an acquaintance who went missing last year.

“She’s out now and must follow whatever conditions were set by the judge that she is required to follow,” Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said Saturday.

They were questioned and investigators were led to the shallow grave behind Fiacco’s home where a skull and lower extremities were unearthed.

According to the sheriff’s office, McAfee had been shot three times in the field by Fiacco and left to die. Fiacco returned to the scene about a month later with Macdonald to show her the body. They left and returned a second time, where Fiacco used an ax to chop the body in half. They then collected the body parts in a duffle bag and drove to Fiacco’s house, where one set of body parts was burned in a fire pit, investigators said.

Officials said Fiacco’s story “changed multiple times,” and they still haven’t determined a motive.

Fiacco’s attorney, Richard Graving, said his client was questioned by police without him being present and that his client has mental health issues including depression and Asperger’s syndrome, a form of autism.

“He was in an inpatient drug rehabilitation program and he shouldn’t have been there,” Graving said. “He simply doesn’t have a drug problem. The idea was, he needed to be in counseling.”
Fiacco, who was adopted at a young age, was working with his father in either construction or general labor, Graving said. The attorney described Fiacco and McAfee as being “best friends” since the age of 8.

He said once released, Macdonald would be staying at the residence of her grandmother, who works for the Troy district court. He said she is a senior who is supposed to graduate in June, and will take online classes for her last few weeks in school. She enrolled at Macomb Community College and has a full-time job, he added. She must wear an electronic tether so her movements can be monitored.
Fiacco remains in jail. Both are scheduled to return to court May 23.

~

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...ng-up-murder-released-from-macomb-county-jail

BBM

This is a VERY Strange Case all the way around. Rumbling on local pages of AF's possible reasoning makes this so Senseless :(

She sure got out fast! Online Schooling is all I can see for her. Locals we're fearing she may try and return to the local HS.

Attorney stating AF was questioned without him present..... Oh Boy!

Why only take half of his remains and leave the rest there? :waitasec: Odd? Did they not think someone them?

AF was adopted at a young age?

AF & Stephen Best friends since age 8.

~

Very senseless and tragic. I just can't wrap my head around it. Thoughts and prayers for Stephen's family and also for the families of AF and EM as all of their worlds are turning upside down.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This may be a very complicated case to work through being that both young men had Aspergers Syndrome and without knowing Stephens side of the story to refute any thing that AF might say about what happened that night, could pose a real problem. Unless there was a third party that saw what happened. I have to Consider this speculation for now as I do not know any of the facts yet. "Story changed multiple times," leaves me to wonder where the truth will come from.

Disgusting. I can't believe he has videos with Stephen! UGHHHHH this sickens me...

Here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCYYR7KvqX4

And another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO4xIO7Mimo

This one is captioned "[FONT=&amp]Me and Stephen have known each other since kindergarten! we are brothers from different motherS" [/FONT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1iHZKTfQ4Y (sorry, not sure why that one won't hyperlink)

There are a bunch more...I just don't understand. They were clearly friends. How on EARTH does it get to this point? :(

BBM

So Many Videos! He certainly liked to perform for the camera. Makes me wonder if he may have taken Video of any of the events surrounding Stephen?

I've seen some other morbid rumors in non-reputable threads that I've not seen in MSM as of yet. It will be interesting to see what is recovered from phones, pc's etc.

~

[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]According to the sheriff’s office, McAfee had been shot three times in the field by Fiacco and left to die. Fiacco returned to the scene about a month later with Macdonald to show her the body. They left and returned a second time, where Fiacco used an ax to chop the body in half. They then collected the body parts in a duffle bag and drove to Fiacco’s house, where one set of body parts was burned in a fire pit, investigators said.

~

[/QUOTE]

If guilty, this young man is a horrible monster. That said, without guardianship by a parent or other person, he was free to consent and discuss anything he wanted with the police without a lawyer present.

With the rise of ASD with other complicating behavioral issues and a depletion of resources , I believe we will see more of these types of crimes that just don't make sense. It seems as if this young man was self-medicating with drugs which even further complicates things.

I am so sorry for Stephen and his family. The betrayal must be heart and gut wrenching.

Is this going to affect the ruling in any way, I wonder? I'm wondering what her grandmother does for the court...

I'm still so disturbed that she was released and I'm also upset at the person who paid her bail. I'm sure EM had to delete her FB because there were people making note of the crime all over it - so at least I think she or whoever deleted has some sense of how awful people find this crime.

I also felt that the "grandma working for the court" reason for her to be released was ridiculous and if what her grandmother does had any bearing on EM's life, she wouldn't be involved in this crime in the first place.

I also wish the autism that Stephen and apparently the AF has would not be referred to as a "mental illness" because it's a MEDICAL (neurological) illness.

Because of my experience with my brother (who also has AS), this could end up being as simple as Stephen committing some real or even imagined offense toward AF. I find my brother harbors a large degree of hatred toward people for things that are trivial and happened decades ago.

Stephen McAfee murder: Timeline of events
2 charged in Macomb County cold case

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr.

Posted: 11:57 AM, April 29, 2017
Updated: 12:16 PM, April 29, 2017

Macomb County Sheriff's investigators say two people are responsible for 19-year-old Stephen McAfee's murder.*

Here is a timeline of events since his disappearance, according to investigators...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/stephen-mcafee-murder-timeline-of-events

I'm still so disturbed that she was released and I'm also upset at the person who paid her bail. I'm sure EM had to delete her FB because there were people making note of the crime all over it - so at least I think she or whoever deleted has some sense of how awful people find this crime.

I also felt that the "grandma working for the court" reason for her to be released was ridiculous and if what her grandmother does had any bearing on EM's life, she wouldn't be involved in this crime in the first place.

I also wish the autism that Stephen and apparently the AF has would not be referred to as a "mental illness" because it's a MEDICAL (neurological) illness.

Because of my experience with my brother (who also has AS), this could end up being as simple as Stephen committing some real or even imagined offense toward AF. I find my brother harbors a large degree of hatred toward people for things that are trivial and happened decades ago.
I don't understand the relevance of the grandmother's job either. Makes no sense other than to portray that she would be supervised by a presumed upstanding citizen. Regardless, that is irrelevant when it comes to the allegations imo.

As for the diagnosis, I agree with you that autism is a neurological disorder. Many mental health disorders arguably actually have neurological roots- schizophrenia, pdd, bi-polar, even ADHD, etc. The DSM V is the manual used to diagnose all of these and applying the label "mental health" or "mental illness" provides more resources and services. If my reference to the diagnosis offended you, my apologies. I'm in the mental health field and am a huge advocate so my intention was certainly not to take the diagnosis out of context.

Oh my !! Just popping in to see if there were any updates and OMG !!
Unbelievable !! My heart is broken for Stephen and his family and the family of the so-called friends. With friends like that, who needs enemies ??

And I am troubled that EM is out on bail...NOPE..She doesn't deserve to be allowed out at all, JMO..and I don't care who grandma is !!

Ok, rant over..glad I popped in for updates and will now have to wait to follow court proceedings for these 2 "friends".

RIP Stephen and may God bless your family !!

For those that have followed many cases, is it very unusual to have an accomplice post bail? I'm following the Tara Grinstead case and after over 10 years, they've arrested two men. One is charged with murder and the other allegedly helped bury the body. The alleged accomplice is out on bail in this case, too.

Just curious if this is more typical than not, albeit unsettling.

If I understand correctly, her lawyer successfully requested bail because she has not been accused of murder, but of being an accessory, she has no criminal record, she is going to school and planning for college, and she lives with a grandmother who knows the legal system and consequences and will guide her to be following the rules set forth under the release. She has been cooperative to this point (after initially denying any knowledge of the crime), and will be on a GPS tether now.

This is not unusual, IMO.

If I understand correctly, her lawyer successfully requested bail because she has not been accused of murder, but of being an accessory, she has no criminal record, she is going to school and planning for college, and she lives with a grandmother who knows the legal system and consequences and will guide her to be following the rules set forth under the release. She has been cooperative to this point (after initially denying any knowledge of the crime), and will be on a GPS tether now.

This is not unusual, IMO.
That's my understanding as well. Thanks for your input!

Has anyone come across information about funeral arrangements or a memorial service for Stephen? Have remains been released to the family? Last report I heard the family asked for privacy, but I hope they will let the public know about a memorial that honors Stephen's life :rose:

Drugs? Violent Videos? What Motivates A Teen To Participate In Murder?

May 1, 2017 12:41 PM

DETROIT (WWJ) – What caused a 19-year-old Macomb County man to allegedly shoot and dismember his childhood friend, with the help of his ex-girlfriend?
It’s alleged that Andrew Fiacco shot Stephen McAfee and left his body in a field. About a month or so later, he and Eevette McDonald — his girlfriend at the time — allegedly cut the body up.

The shocking crime made many wonder what would make someone, particularly a teen, take part in the gruesome murder and eventual cover-up?
Investigators say a motive for the crime is not clear at this time as Fiacco gave multiple stories.

“McDonald really didn’t provide us a motive,” Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said shortly after two were arrested last week. “She was brought out there (by Fiacco) at a later time. The exact time she was brought out there to see the body, we don’t know; but it was at that point that she insisted on dismembering him.”

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/05...at-motivates-a-teen-to-participate-in-murder/

~

Has anyone come across information about funeral arrangements or a memorial service for Stephen? Have remains been released to the family? Last report I heard the family asked for privacy, but I hope they will let the public know about a memorial that honors Stephen's life :rose:

Nothing that I have seen yet. They did mention they were not sure they had all body parts in the presser?

~

Friends gather to remember slain 19-year-old Stephen McAfee
Stephen McAfee's dismembered remains found in April

By Priya Mann - Reporter

Posted: 11:06 PM, May 07, 2017
Updated: 6:50 AM, May 08, 2017

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Friends gathered Sunday at Dodge Park in Sterling Heights for a candlelight vigil to honor Stephen McAfee, a 19-year-old man from Macomb Township who went missing last year.

His dismembered remains were discovered in April.*

"We set this up because he deserved it," said a woman only identified as Jillian.*

"To see all this support, it's amazing," Kayla Wilhite, a friend of McAfee's, said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/friends-gather-to-remember-slain-19-year-old-stephen-mcafee

How can such a beautiful girl be involved in this horrific crime? :waitasec:

Seriously? As if looks have ANYTHING to do with someone's behavior? :facepalm:
If you have kids/teens - please don't say that around your kids.. I'd hate for one of your daughters to hop in a guy's car because he was handsome, and how could someone that handsome be a criminal? ugh

Oh goodness it's Karla Homolka and Casey Anthony all over again. Pretty is as pretty does. Freaking Karla Homolka used the fact that she appeared "preppy" to lure at least one of her and her husband's rape and murder victims. Good looking people do awful things and some "ugly" people are rather kind and awesome. We need to move past judging people by their looks even if it feels like a positive association.

Just recently some old never-before-seen photos of Ted Bundy were published and I gotta be honest --in one of his photos he's freaking HOT. but we all know his looks and his behavior were not congruent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares
Back