GUILTY MI - Stephen McAfee, 19, Macomb Township, 10 March 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So much weirdness around this one. A lot of the rumors about this case have been deleted from this page (and I can understand why), but he had/has quite a cast of characters for friends. I'd not be surprised if they were involved somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I also never understood the difference between missing person cases. With that I mean, someone goes missing and there's a ton of attention, flyers, searches, etc. But then there is cases like Stephen where there's nothing.. Besides the same article re-written over and over again and posted once a month and nothing more. Is it all about the push from the family? Or does LE not care? Is there really nothing to go on besides a phone ping? I don't get it.. And I really wanted Stephen to be found quickly when I first heard of him. MHO, I think after his one friend passed away, he was threatened, panicked and ran and is in hiding somewhere. ☹️

His photos give me an Asperger vibe, although his family has not said such. Could also be why he doesn't drive.

I think the above mention of asperger's is a possibility, IMO. My 15-year old son with asperger's says he doesn't think he wants to learn to drive because he believes his asperger's would make it hard for him to concentrate and drive safely.

From this article....

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/08...-old-macomb-township-man-missing-since-march/

“Stephen suffers for Asperger’s syndrome (a condition on the autism spectrum),” Krebs said. “He is high-functioning; however believed to be easily coerced.”

Posting this confirmation in case michmi rolls by and doesn't read this article.

Just wanted to add as well that many people with Asperger's do not drive (not all, of course). I assume it's because of the thought of too much stimuli involved in navigating the roadway with all the sights and sounds involved.

I agree. I also never understood the difference between missing person cases. With that I mean, someone goes missing and there's a ton of attention, flyers, searches, etc. But then there is cases like Stephen where there's nothing.. Besides the same article re-written over and over again and posted once a month and nothing more. Is it all about the push from the family? Or does LE not care? Is there really nothing to go on besides a phone ping? I don't get it.. And I really wanted Stephen to be found quickly when I first heard of him. MHO, I think after his one friend passed away, he was threatened, panicked and ran and is in hiding somewhere. ☹️

I think if there's a good story "hook" involved, media just automatically picks it up and runs with it. If LE hasn't been too active in finding the person to that point, pressure will mount for them to do so. Otherwise, it's up to the family and friends to keep pushing to keep the missing person's name out there, especially after the initial searches die down as people tend to forget and move on to the next news item or missing person.

I sure wish the family had made this well known when he first went missing. The public might have been more motivated to look. For a little while I thought maybe he'd end up with his brother but at this point I don't think that's going to happen. If he was easily taken advantage of by others, that doesn't bode well for him. In at least 1 of his pictures it looked like he was wearing a store employee vest - I wonder if he had money from working or possibly a tax refund when he left?

If he ended up in Detroit he might eventually be found, but if he left the area there's no telling.

My brother drives but wouldn't be able to deal with heavy traffic or aggressive driving - meltdown city and he becomes destructive.

I wish there was more to go with. There's been nothing but the same article written over and over again.. and there hasn't even been that lately. [emoji26] This was the first case I attempted to follow closely and it simmered out pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macomb County officials uncover human remains behind home in Ray Township
Neighbors see person in jail jumpsuit lead officials to scene

By Shawn Ley - Reporter , Derick Hutchinson

Posted: 3:12 PM, April 27, 2017
Updated: 3:42 PM, April 27, 2017

RAY TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Macomb County Sheriff's Office investigators unearthed remains Thursday behind a home on Kunstman Road near 28 Mile Road in Ray Township.

Sources told Local 4 that investigators were led to the scene by a person who came to them and claimed to have information about a homicide. Investigators said they were led to an exact spot behind the home, where they started digging and discovered partial human remains...

Officials were digging to solve a mystery. The sheriff said the investigation is related to a missing person case. A teenager disappeared last March from his family's home, which is 8 miles away from the scene...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ver-human-remains-behind-home-in-ray-township

Brief report on WDIV news at 4:00PM. More details about the "missing person" case connected to remains at 5:00.

Oh no. I know his mom we graduated from same hugh school and friends with her on facebook

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

RAY TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Macomb County Sheriff's Office investigators unearthed remains Thursday behind a home on Kunstman Road near 28 Mile Road in Ray Township.

Sources told Local 4 that investigators were led to the scene by a person who came to them and claimed to have information about a homicide. Investigators said they were led to an exact spot behind the home, where they started digging and discovered partial human remains...

Officials were digging to solve a mystery. The sheriff said the investigation is related to a missing person case. A teenager disappeared last March from his family's home, which is 8 miles away from the scene...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...ver-human-remains-behind-home-in-ray-township

From the Article:

Neighbors watched as a person wearing a jail jump suit lead investigators to the area behind the home. The Macomb County medical examiner took the remains away.

BBM

Very familiar with this area. It's all farm fields out there. No one would know to look unless they were told to search there. :( Very sad.
Wondering what prompted the individual to give up the info?

Ariel of Area

attachment.php

~

Attachments

• SteveMcCafee28Mile.jpg
    SteveMcCafee28Mile.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 276
Investigation underway after body parts found in Ray Twp., sources say

3:51 PM, Apr 27, 2017

[FONT=&amp]RAY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - Body parts have been uncovered from a shallow grave in Ray Township on Kuntsman Road, just south of 28 Mile Road - according to sources.

[FONT=&amp]The body was not intact and reportedly is male.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sources are telling 7 Action News, an investigation is underway in Ray Township in northern Macomb County in connection with a case of a missing teen male from a year ago.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The sources say a yard has been dug up in the area of Kunstman Road near 28 Mile and body parts have been found. [/FONT]

[/FONT]

http://www.wxyz.com/news/investigation-underway-after-body-parts-found-in-ray-twp-sources-say-

~

Located the house in question. Going to check owner info :(

~

Investigation underway after body parts found in Ray Twp., sources say

3:51 PM, Apr 27, 2017

[FONT=&]RAY TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - Body parts have been uncovered from a shallow grave in Ray Township on Kuntsman Road, just south of 28 Mile Road - according to sources.

[FONT=&]The body was not intact and reportedly is male.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Sources are telling 7 Action News, an investigation is underway in Ray Township in northern Macomb County in connection with a case of a missing teen male from a year ago.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The sources say a yard has been dug up in the area of Kunstman Road near 28 Mile and body parts have been found. [/FONT]

[/FONT]

http://www.wxyz.com/news/investigation-underway-after-body-parts-found-in-ray-twp-sources-say-

~

Located the house in question. Going to check owner info :(

~
I see that the article was updated just five minutes ago, and the details are absolutely horrific ....

Kudos to the person who came forward:
"Sources also tell 7 Action News that the suspected killer is also a teen who was not in custody, but in a drug treatment program And this is a drug-related murder.

A girlfriend of the suspected killer came forward and told investigators where they would find [the body.]"

Updated: 5:18 PM, April 27, 2017

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ver-human-remains-behind-home-in-ray-township

6:00PM WDIV: Partial remains found at second location. Sounds like it will take a few days for identification of remains.

According to the accompanying video:
1. More of the remains have been found nine miles north of the home on Kunstman Road, along 34th Mile RD;

2. A young man living at the Kunstman Road case is currently doing some jail time for a pretty well publicized case just a few months ago;

3. Sheriff says he will say more about the case during a news conference tomorrow.

If this indeed turns out to be Steven just mapping locations.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MapDistance2_2.jpg
    MapDistance2_2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 324

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads