MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait just a minute here...have not read previous thread because I found Tanya Skelton on the Michigan Sex Offenders Registry, living in Morenci MI...which is where the boys live. Is this the MOM??? She's a sex offender??? She has multiple alias' and she is required to register as a sex offender for 25 years! She was convicted of Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree in 1999 when she was 34. WTH?? Why hasn't THIS been publicized??

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/PSORSearchDetails.aspx?oid=10407971

Snipped the penal code.

This was eleven years ago, almost twelve, surely the children's father must have known about her conviction for a very long time. The boys hadn't even been born yet. So why panic now if she was placed on the registry in 1999??? :waitasec:

This is one bizarre case! :eek: Something is rotten, and it's not in Denmark.

Skelton also posted a Facebook message Wednesday indicating that he hoped God and his wife would forgive him.

For what is unclear.

If he was JUST committing suicide, wouldn't he hope his sons would forgive him too?

It's telling he did not include hoping his boys would forgive him.
Unfortunately that leads me to believe this is a failed murder suicide.
I think he killed and left those three boys somewhere he believes their bodies won't be found. If he truly wanted to commit suicide the reasons he gave for giving the boys to this alleged online friend don't make sense. He could have dropped the boys off with their mother and gone somewhere to commit suicide HE would likely not be found. Not disappear the boys.

Sadly, this is not uncommon with a split - when one parent becomes distraught over not being the custodial parent, or their children facing the prospect of living in a one parent home.

I also wonder why he called the friend. I'd be very interested in what he told the friend.... I think the friend he called may be key to having or gleaning information which could locate the boys.

jmo

More on mother...

She is 44.
Convicted of Criminal Sexual Conduct 4th Degree (Multiple Variables).
Date of entering registry is 1998, but conviction is listed as 1999.
Date of registry expiration 2023.

This type of crime can involve sexual conduct with a minor, someone with special education needs, or someone receiving mental health therapy from the convicted person. Do we know if she was a teacher or a therapist?

Hard to say if any of this has any bearing on this case.

If he had an online relationship/connection to this woman and they have NOT found her by now it's because she doesn't exist. With the FBI involved, they would have been able to tell by examining his computer and phone records if she existed.

I think the contact Tanya had with this Joann will turn out to be falsified emails from dad, "pretending" to be this Joann.

Skelton also posted a Facebook message Wednesday indicating that he hoped God and his wife would forgive him.
For what is unclear.

Read more: Where are 3 missing Morenci brothers? | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...are-3-missing-Morenci-brothers?#ixzz16axNJdnV

If he was JUST committing suicide, wouldn't he hope his sons would forgive him too?

You are so so right imo - I want them found safe but it is not looking good.

Can someone plz post the father's FB link? There are many many JS's on FB. TIA...

If he had an online relationship/connection to this woman and they have NOT found her by now it's because she doesn't exist. With the FBI involved, they would have been able to tell by examining his computer and phone records if she existed.

I think the contact Tanya had with this Joann will turn out to be falsified emails from dad, "pretending" to be this Joann.

Right but if that was the case (dad pretending to be Joann), wouldn't LE have those emails and be able to trace the IP address back to dad? That's really easy for them to do..

I'm wondering if this is more along the lines of the mom and dad both made up Joann, thus no communications on their computers to the mysterious Joann.

Right but if that was the case (dad pretending to be Joann), wouldn't LE have those emails and be able to trace the IP address back to dad? That's really easy for them to do..

I'm wondering if this is more along the lines of the mom and dad both made up Joann, thus no communications on their computers to the mysterious Joann.

I have no doubt they have traced them back to dad and just are not sharing that information. jmo

I don't think mom has anything to do with this other than being the poor mother who is missing her three little boys and wondering if she will ever see them again. :(

latest tweets from Roop Raj -- Reporter/Weekend Anchor at Fox 2 News

News conference delayed in Lenawee County. Family of 3 missing boys waiting for update. http://yfrog.com/05pathy0j

News Alert: Volunteers searching for 3 missing boys in Harrison Lake area told to leave as FBI took over search there.

http://twitter.com/#!/roopraj

In a couple recent MP cases, when volunteer searchers were discouraged or sent away, it meant that LE had specific info on where to look. And when a presser was postponed, the MP had been found.

Still holding out hope for their safe return, and hoping they have close family other than the parents to take custody (sorry).

Is there anything more than the vechicle to go on? Is there a description of JT? Where did he drop them off? Did he meet her somewhere? Did she pick them up from his home?
What were the boys wearing? Were the clothes they had for the holliday were they to be returned to the mother and are those clothes missing from the home or still at the home of the father?

These answers have not been mentioned at all. I strongly think that he IS not talking due to mental ward and procted by law and questioning (perhaps) by doctors and hospital policy.

I do not live in the area however, I have been to Michigan many times and in that area. There are alot of small towns, back roads that are full and I mean full of wooded areas. I remember telling someone I was with one of the times I was there that if someone was missing and wanted to discard of a body it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack in all the wooded area's there. The small towns are pretty rual some of them and wooded from town to town.

I am praying for more information and intense search crews. Please God let these little boys be found alive.

Skelton, who lives in Morenci, about 75 miles southwest of Detroit and just north of the Ohio state line, is separated from their mother but had been keeping his sons.
He told investigators Friday he wanted the boys out of his house when he committed suicide and that he had asked the Taylor to take them to their mother.
Skelton said he met Taylor several years ago and that the two had been involved in an online relationship. She was believed to live in Jackson or Hillsdale counties in southern Michigan.
But officers Saturday had no success tracking down a woman by that name or the silver van Skelton said she was driving.
"The bulk of our action has been putting together a timeline and trying to locate this Joann Taylor," Weeks said.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101128...e-search-for-three-missing-boys#ixzz16bADLTV4

I did find a MT and JT on Intelius. I'm not sure however, that these are the people that LE is looking for. It lists Taylor, Wyandotte, Romulus and Lincoln Park, MI as places this couple has lived. It states that MT is 38 years old!
I sure hope that LE finds these adorable little boys soon! I'm praying for their safe return!

In my research experience, it's not always a sure thing to find a couple with the same names and ages in a similar area. Joann and Mark appear to be fairly common names up there. Middle names would be helpful since many sites list them. I found a Joann and Mark Taylor, with Joann being 54 years old. :banghead:

It's telling he did not include hoping his boys would forgive him.
Unfortunately that leads me to believe this is a failed murder suicide.
I think he killed and left those three boys somewhere he believes their bodies won't be found. If he truly wanted to commit suicide the reasons he gave for giving the boys to this alleged online friend don't make sense. He could have dropped the boys off with their mother and gone somewhere to commit suicide HE would likely not be found. Not disappear the boys.

Sadly, this is not uncommon with a split - when one parent becomes distraught over not being the custodial parent, or their children facing the prospect of living in a one parent home.

I also wonder why he called the friend. I'd be very interested in what he told the friend.... I think the friend he called may be key to having or gleaning information which could locate the boys.

jmo

With much respect, I don't believe this was ever a murder/suicide (with a fail on the latter).

I believe it was a murder/Cover up because if he truly planned on suicide, there was no need to hide/move the other victims. The suicide was just part of the cover up story.

Oh and since searchers are looking in this persons known hunting grounds, it is safe to assume he owned a weapon. Yet he chose hanging for his suicide attempt, I think a weapon would have been quicker and more certain.

I am so sad for these poor lads.

Why wouldn't this so called preacher's wife and friend JoAnn get HELP for him being suicidal!
instead of just taking kids?????
why isn't she coming forward now and give the children back?
IMO, she does NOT exist

Why wouldn't this so called preacher's wife and friend JoAnn get HELP for him being suicidal!
instead of just taking kids?????
why isn't she coming forward now and give the children back?
IMO, she does NOT exist

Right, the same reason Zanny the nanny never came forward!

With much respect, I don't believe this was ever a murder/suicide (with a fail on the latter).

I believe it was a murder/Cover up because if he truly planned on suicide, there was no need to hide/move the other victims. The suicide was just part of the cover up story.

Oh and since searchers are looking in this persons known hunting grounds, it is safe to assume he owned a weapon. Yet he chose hanging for his suicide attempt, I think a weapon would have been quicker and more certain.

I am so sad for these poor lads.

Good points. I agree and will add the suicide might not only be part of the cover story but perhaps a planned defense strategy.

I hope I am wrong and these boys are in route somewhere with someone who is unaware an amber alert exists, but I'm afraid that is unlikely.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members