MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Michigan police chief heading the investigation for three missing brothers said in a press conference Tuesday, that the boys' father, John Skelton, has been arrested for parental kidnapping.

Skelton was released from a mental hospital and taken into custody by FBI agents outside of Toledo shortly before 3 p.m., according to Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks.

He is facing three counts of parental kidnapping.

Because he was arrested in another state he will face an extradition hearing to be returned to Michigan, Weeks said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20024163-504083.html

I wish I could believe in a positive ending to this story, but I fear the boys are dead. I think he did intend to kill himself, and before he tried, killed his boys to get back at the mother. I just hope they are found and justice is done, in any case.

I have one question. This man is a hunter? As in he enjoys hunting recreationally?

What's up with the suicide by hanging? Why not just go get your gun?

Would really be interested in hearing if LE seized any weapons at the home.

ETA okay, maybe four questions (math not my strong suit)

I have one question. This man is a hunter? As in he enjoys hunting recreationally?

Well, early on in the case, searchers were searching a giant wooded area because it had been reported that the father had loved to hunt there. So, I'm pretty sure he was a hunter, and I'd assume he had guns in his home.

I imagine if he only owned hunting guns that would explain why he went with the hanging... it would be rather difficult (not impossible, of course) to shoot oneself with a shot gun.

Has it been stated anywhere where exactly the attempted suicide took place? At his home? I don't think I can recall ever hearing of a murder-suicide where there were two different locations. Unless the suicide was never an intention to begin with.

Did they find blood in the home or van? If not, I can only assume IF he did kill those poor boys he did it wherever he left them.

IMO, hanging is easier to "fake". Rope was too long, not strong enough and broke, etc....

Gun shot almost impossible to fake....shooting oneself anywhere besides the head or chest (heart) doesn't scream suicide. Although it has been done before (lined up at a certain angle to basically just graze the scalp) you run a very high risk of getting the angle wrong...plus possibly passing out and bleeding out.

Pills and carbon monoxide would run the same risk of passing out and not being found in time.

I would still like to know when he actually fractured his ankle.

I can't help thinking he killed them by giving them an overdose of something. They fell "asleep" and he packed them in the car and left them somewhere. Imagining that he killed them one at a time, with the others watching, is too horrifying.

Wow - he looks really gaunt in that photo....drug use maybe? Not seeing any type of marks on his neck either. UGH - he makes me SICK!

There are no marks on his neck because he must have tried to hang himself by his foot - it was his stupid ankle that was fractured. What an evil, idiotic, pathetic waste of flesh. :furious::furious: I guess I will never understand why these bas!ards think they can get away with this kind of horror.

IMO, I don't think he tried to hang himself. If he did, I don't understand why his eyes are not bloodshot. Hanging is very violent and usually causes broken vessels in the eyes even if you do come to.

ETA: I don't think, the the marks on his neck would not be visible in that picture. They're usually very high up on the neck, right under the jaw.

I too wonder if there was ever an actual suicide attempt. Wondering if more likely that ankle could have been broken jumping out of a tree blind (?), back of a truck trailer (?), etc... during disposal.

I just got a twitter update from our local news anchor that - she's on Channel 3 WKYC out of Cleveland.
Monica Robins (WKYC)
Sad update on the missing brothers... According to sources, Morenci Police say John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons.

155933_473037124871_513544871_5370554_28291_n.jpg

76409_469101482219_538437219_5464669_4983687_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...et=o.178948148783654&pid=5464669&id=538437219

I just got a twitter update from our local news anchor that - she's on Channel 3 WKYC out of Cleveland.
Monica Robins (WKYC)
Sad update on the missing brothers... According to sources, Morenci Police say John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons.

Then hopefully the pond scum will tell them where the boy's are so they can recover them. Poor little guy's.

I imagine if he only owned hunting guns that would explain why he went with the hanging... it would be rather difficult (not impossible, of course) to shoot oneself with a shot gun.

Unfortuneately I knew 2 women and a man that used shotguns for suicide.
Where there is will there's a way........KWIM?

I'm not sure how we're expecting to see rope marks on this fellow's neck as his collar has, it appears, been intentionally turned up and covers the area around which we'd expect to see them, though there may actually be a reddish tinge in the photo at the base of his throat, the only portion of it visible in the photo.

Also, the photo as show here is too lightly reproduced to see anything but white in terms of the whites of his eyes, where damaged blood vessels would be visible.

Saw a post on another website that is a local from the search area that is giving info said to be credible. Checking on rules for posting from another site....

I feel so bad for the mother of the boys................she's lost all of her sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil