MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF JS ever does come clean with this, whether the boy’s are alive or deceased. He will want to appear as mentally anguished, a psychological break down, and attempt to evoke some sympathy somewhere, an “I did it“ BUT “it wasn‘t all my fault“ kind of thing. He will want to blame all his “anguish” on someone else.

An attempt at psychological despair and confusion. When in my book it is all jealousy and revenge, with an “I‘ll show you“ attitude. All at the cost (alive or dead) of those poor little boy’s. Doesn’t get much more selfish than that.

Has there ever been a missing case that they stopped looking to gather there thoughts etcs... not that i follow every case but mistake me if i am wrong with 3 youngs boys in EXTREME danger. why would you stop.... unless something is not being revealed.. i do hope that is true that someone knows something....

I’m still curious as to what the fight over extradition to MI is too?
Does anyone know the differences in chgs. between the States for parental kidnapping?
Or does he think at sometime the boy’s will be found in MI, and he wants to be in OH?

I don’t get the opposition in extradition, unless there is a reason?

And it’s likely he will loose that fight? He was originally transferred from a MI. hosp. to an OH. Hosp. and only because of his suicide attempt? His chgs. For kidnapping are in MI. he will likely get sent back there on Dec. 14th. I would think?????

He will lose the fight over extradition.

Nothing about fighting extradition makes sense other than to delay the inevitable charges against him, create more havoc and demonstrate how he is just gonna keep his boots stuck in the mud and not budge. I think this is also his way of showing his disgust with the court system. His record of such cooperation with the family courts, not! and he is just doing the usual here again with this court. Past behavior is usually indicative of future behavior.... I think we can see clear past history regarding JS and the court system.

Honestly, if he really passed his children along to someone for safe keeping and was ready to face whatever charges and sentencing to ensure his kids were safe why fight which state was gonna charge and sentence him? He'd be ready and willing to go with whatever the consequence in any court- because he would be certain his kids were safe.

jmo

I have a DROID phone, and it pings my location even if I don't have my navigator turned on because it's GPS-enabled. Trust me, if you have a GPS-enabled phone, they can find where you've been. He may have had an older cell phone or one without GPS on it.

As for the expensive Christmas gifts, he wouldn't be the first person I've ever come across that pays for hobbies or material things before their mortgage. Case in point, I know someone who goes to the bar at least 3 times a week, has two nice SUVs, a bunch of dogs, 500 dollar cell phones for her, her husband, and her kids, but is about 6 months behind on her mortgage and her home is going into foreclosure. If it were me I'd sell the dogs, and stop going to the bar at least. If you have money for those sorts of things, you should be able to pay your mortgage. But some people have screwed up priorities.

I agree Cubby,

All the more reason I just can't come to grips with the children "being safe" somewhere.
I sure wish something would happen that would spin me in that direction but, hope against all hope, everything seems to be pointing against it.

I know Ronso -

It gives me the creeps to look at my phone, and it’s tracking me! Stupid, huh? I expect one day it will say something to me! But I guess going to the grocery store isn’t that big of an event! LOL!

LE has probably retrieved all kinds of records, phone, bank, etc…
I know people that are up to their eye balls in debt too, and it doesn’t’ keep them from spending. Or paying bills late. That would make me crazy, not to mention hard to enjoy anything you have. But they can do it!

Hopefully LE can track JS’s phone further into the past than Thanksgiving. Maybe knowing the areas he frequented or something. Or by the use of a credit card, or debit card, like buying gasoline in other areas or something?

I can't think of a case when a parent said he/she had killed the children and they hadn't. I have trouble getting past this-who could say that if it wasn't true?

I know some people believe he said this only to add to his wife's pain, but that does not make sense to me. This partial confession will come back to haunt him at some point and is likely to result in murder charges if the boys are not found alive.

I think he did kill them, and then turned even more cowardly when it came time to kill himself. So he makes up one story and then changes it to say he killed them, and at some point, we'll probably have to hear about his "diminished capacity."

In the Kyron threads, we learned that cell phones ping even when they are turned off. But pinging is not an exact science. Your phone does not always ping on the tower nearest you, sometimes it skips around (correct me if I have said that wrong).

I think it is good to give JS' family one more shot at getting him to be honest, but I don't think it will work...he is just crazy--personality disorder, something...my money at this point is on anti-social personality disorder. He just does not care about the pain his kids feel when he separates them from everything they know.

I think if family pressure does not work they need to put him in solitary confinement. He will go nuts with nobody to manipulate. They can put him in the general population after he has led authorities to his kids.

Do non GPS cell phones ping when turned off?

I don't think solitary confinement will break him. I think it will actually benefit him to not have to face anyone. He couldn't even look at the judge when in court.

I wish they could inundate him with pictures of his boys 24/7 - maybe then he will have enough compassion for them to lead the authorities to them so they can either have a proper burial or be returned safely.

Do non GPS cell phones ping when turned off?

I don't think solitary confinement will break him. I think it will actually benefit him to not have to face anyone. He couldn't even look at the judge when in court.

I wish they could inundate him with pictures of his boys 24/7 - maybe then he will have enough compassion for them to lead the authorities to them so they can either have a proper burial or be returned safely.

I think he had trouble with the judge because he knew he couldn't manipulate him. Solitary is the way to go, in my opinion. But I really like the idea of also inundating him with the pictures during that time. Hopefully he would feel some torment eventually.

I don't know the answer to the GPS question. We did not discuss that. Which kind of makes me think you do not have to have GPS to have a turned-off phone ping. But someone who knows should correct me if I am wrong.

I don’t think GPS is necessary to pinging. But it could be helpful in tracking, however how much data it would store, I wouldn’t have a clue.

Cell phones can also be pinged if they are called. Which wouldn’t be the case here unless TS, or someone else, would have been calling him or something.

I don’t know if they ping if they are turned off though. Or if the battery is removed.
But they might now a days.
---------
O.K. here's a pinging thing -
http://blog.a1peoplesearch.com/2007/11/cell-phone-ping-is-it-legal.html

Yes your cell phone can be pinged by LE even if it is off. It is part of a 911 system only LE can use.
But at the time of JS's ping(s) LE was not calling him, they were looking for him calling out.

All cell phones ping. Phones with GPS can be tracked pretty accurately.

This family has already been through alot, those daughters and ex-husband must be very upset with everything going on, as well. It gives insight as to the background of Tanya, which I am sure must be even more painful for her (and her family), if she has regret and remorse over that whole situation. I don't think it really has anything to do with the boys being missing, but possibly sheds a bit of light on the undercurrent of her relationship with John Skelton.

The former Tanya Derby had been 31 when she had a sexual relationship with an underage male neighbor — a boy hired by her and her former husband to help maintain rental properties.

Her then-husband, Brent Derby, filed for divorce in August 1998 after being told by the couple's two daughters, Brittany, now 23, and Courtney, now 19, about their mother's meetings with the youth.

Well, I've cried 3 times this morning for these boys, once over the Christmas Guitar Hero picture I posted, which I already cried over last night.

So, I can't read anymore today.

It's just so very, very heartbreaking. :(

respectfully snipped. I agree the gift may have been from someone other than TS and JS ( and I mentioned so in my pp :) )

Who knows about the motorcycle(s) they might have been repo'd. I doubt the guy had money to pay cash for them and they may have been financed. Of course the possibility exists that he'd make the bike payments but leave his house and child support payments unpaid.

BBM
I've been wondering about those motercycle photos from his MySpace page (it's been taken down I see).
I also wonder if the bike was his or not. We don't know the story behind the photos, but the ones in the driveway were not taken at his current house. In several of them there is an older gentleman which makes me think it could be at Tanya's parents house and it might be her father's bike.
I'm not an expert on motorcycles, but that looks like a Honda Goldwing and they're not cheap. Throw in the trailer and possible 3rd party add-ons, and yeah Cubby, we're talking a lot of money. But anything's possible - heck, they might have been looking to buy it and the photos are of the test ride.
I was able to find the location where several of the photos were taken, but not the ones taken in the driveway (Even if I did find it, I probably wouldn't post it).

Here is one of the photos from AmandaReckonwith's Photobucket Album:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Andrew -Alexander -Tanner Skelton -MI-/

John2myspace.jpg

And here's where it was taken:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...id=GYVIPIET3-g4GmhZLjhBZQ&cbp=11,13.52,,0,0.5

I don't think it means anything though. This was taken in Adrian, MI - north east of Morenci and in the in the opposite direction from where they've been searching.
I just had to see if I could find the location. I get obsessed with finding these sorts of things. :)

I don’t think GPS is necessary to pinging. But it could be helpful in tracking, however how much data it would store, I wouldn’t have a clue.

Cell phones can also be pinged if they are called. Which wouldn’t be the case here unless TS, or someone else, would have been calling him or something.

I don’t know if they ping if they are turned off though. Or if the battery is removed.
But they might now a days.
---------
O.K. here's a pinging thing -
http://blog.a1peoplesearch.com/2007/11/cell-phone-ping-is-it-legal.html

Yes your cell phone can be pinged by LE even if it is off. It is part of a 911 system only LE can use.
But at the time of JS's ping(s) LE was not calling him, they were looking for him calling out.

Again, what was said on the Kyron thread was that the phones do ping if they are turned off. But if you remove the battery they will not ping.

talking about phones got me to thinking...
remember reading about the Monday night, before the boys went missing? Something about JS was upstairs on the phone and the boys couldn't find him...and they called 911??

- can LE find out WHO he was talking to, apparently not where the boys could hear him, from phone records, whether cell or house phone??

- and why would the boys call 911, seems like they would have run all over the house looking, and called mama first, saying we can't find daddy

- are there still pay phones in the area, that JS could have used at some point?? any chance of recovering any info there?

Maybe they aren't his motorcycles. I've never seen anyone who rides regularly wear shorts.

Yes, LE can obtain phone records with both incoming and outgoing calls. They can get texts, and if JS erased info LE can get that too, though it takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ax445