MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Wil.J... what a bond...I'm an only, adopted to boot,never had that, sweet. Oh dear :( little fellas.

I did notice this-snipped from http://toledoblade.com/article/20101203/NEWS16/12030304

"John Skelton initially told police he gave the boys to a woman who was to deliver them to their mother, Tanya Skelton, and then unsuccessfully attempted suicide. He has since recanted the story about the woman."

JS recanted this??? I had not seen that reported before.
Of course we don't really know what to believe...why Is JS's mom still referring to this then.

Pictures of tattoos on JS back - any ideas on what this is:

Not caught up with the thread yet.. and the photo's are not very clear but this looks like a Calvin and Hobbes tat. I just can't make out the expression on the faces of each.

I recognize it because I loved reading Calvin and Hobbes cartoons in the paper back in the day.

I don't know why I'm thinking this but I really am leaning towards those boys are alive and well. This father has gone to great lengths to appear these boys are dead without telling where the bodies are. He leaves 3 nooses in the house, surely if evidence was on those ropes we would have heard by now. He also took great care to hide the bodies but yet leaves the nooses to be found? (not adding up) The police would have without a doubt state under no uncertain terms that it was a homicide.

Why would he risk jail? Simple if they are alive and he knows it then he also knows they will not get any evidence and if he was convicted all of a sudden those boys will be found and he would have a huge law suit.

He wants to keep the boys from his X wife not because he fears the children's safety but out of spite. After all he took them to FLA once before right? He planned this but who would risk all of this to help him? Girlfriend, believes from what he told her that the kids would be in peril if they go back to the mom? Did he sell his kids to someone overseas?

Something just isn't adding up for me right now to convince me those boys are deceased.

As far as the game goes, the father could have signed up twice using his son's name. Could be to play two different characters.

I think the nooses he left around the house were for staging/appearance purposes. Something to add to the anguish he wished to instill on his STBX. I really think he likely gave them something to knock them out, maybe a lot of benedryl and then suffocated them. I hate thinking so, but that is the easiest way for him to have gotten rid of all three without the boys fighting back.

My son is 8. Twice someone tried to put something around his neck (both playful situations that could have been dangerous) in both cases his immediate response was to use his hands to remove the item away from his neck. There is no way this guy would have hung his kids, unless he gave them something to knock them out first... and logically it would have been much more difficult to hang a knocked out child than to suffocate them with a pillow or even stuffed animal.

jmo

Yes, why would he have told the Joann Taylor story knowing the nooses were at home to be found? If he really used them, why were they not dropped off in garbage somewhere before he went to the hospital?

Unless the broken ankle really threw him off and he forgot to cover his tracks because of the pain...just wanted to go to the hospital.

Or maybe he thought he would be hard to find if he were in the hospital.

So many possibilities...

Was it reported the ankle is broken? I've only read the ankle was injured.

What I see as a ray of hope in this is that Americas Most Wanted and other LE must be seriously considering they might be out there-alive. Would AMW air a show so early into this if law enforcement was so sure that JS had killed the boys.

I don't beleive AMW has aired a story about the boys. They have a lot of online info regarding missing persons cases and unsolved murders that are web site 'exclusives' so to speak but have never been aired.

I don't think the cops are even sure they boys are deceased! My gut is still telling me those boys are alive somewhere!

Interesting....

When he separated from first wife Michelle Skelton on July 1, 2000, he took sole custody of their daughter, who is now 17. He moved the girl from their home at Travis Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska, where he appears to have served in the Air Force, to Morenci.
Five months later, he accused his ex-wife of attempting to take the girl to Massachusetts. But, by February 2001, a judge placed the girl in her mother's custody.
As of January, Skelton was almost $3,500 behind on his child support.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101130/METRO/11300364/Father-took-boys-away-previously#ixzz178TdGwo8

Interesting.... Note, when JS seperated from his first wife the above indicates he TOOK, not he was granted sole custody by the courts. And TOOK the child across state lines. He later lost custody. Why did he lose custody? Clearly there is a reason he lost custody the first time around which is sealed by the family courts. I'm sure that is part of the reason he was not granted partial physical custody this time around. Imo, this is more info to demonstrate JS's unwillingness to 1)Coparent 2)Work within the court system.

Other MSM articles indicate he was jailed for non payment of Child Support but we see a Christmas photo of the boys with guitar hero which is for an expensive WII system. Why buy expensive toys (if this gift was from TS and JS versus someone else) and video game systems when one can't pay child support or their mortgage?

Dude has a long history of non compliance with the family court system. In addition to just taking his kids and tossing out accusations against the other parent. No, I don't see any history of this man being willing to coparent and the more MSM released the more evidence to support so. This, imo, indicates a reason why he wasn't going to go that route again and took matters into his own hands.

bilde

In a photo taken from a family album, the Skelton boys open a Guitar Hero present received last Christmas.

http://toledoblade.com/article/20101203/NEWS16/12030304

I want to believe and really hope, that wherever these boys are... they are still together.

Well pesky work has kept me away! Taken a bit to catch up.

Glad to see the parents of JS are finally arriving! Bout time!! They may be able to help in getting some real info.

The Guitar Hero gift is expensive but, it could of come from a Grandparent or another relative?. JS or TS may of not purchased it themselves.

If he was behind in his payments of child support and a looming foreclosure on the home, I do wonder if the motorcycle(s?) were sold? That’s not a cheap hobby either.

She (TS) pleaded guilty to one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and was serving time in Scott Correctional Facility when she and her ex-husband were sued by the youth's parents.
They claimed he had suffered post-traumatic stress and required treatment.
Although Brent Derby claimed he had no knowledge of his wife's affair, the lawsuit was settled when he agreed to pay the youth's family $10,000. His ex-wife also agreed to pay $20,000 to the youth's family. Court records show numerous attempts to garnishee Tanya Derby's wages. "She most recently listed herself as an unemployed stay-at-home mother".

(She served a year in prison for an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy in 1998.)From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101130/METRO/11300364/Father-took-boys-away-previously#ixzz16wzJMhZh
-----------------
Tanya may of been a bind for money as well?

No answers after visit to missing Morenci boys' dad in jail

http://www.freep.com/article/201012...ter-visit-to-missing-Morenci-boys-dad-in-jail
-------------

I do wonder what he IS saying though -

I don’t know where they are…..
I’m not telling where they are….
They are with someone else……

Or is he just staring silently off into space when he is ask where the boy’s are, or what??????

AND I wonder if it was a videoed or audio taped visit? And if the visitors were told what they could or couldn’t ask? Or what they could or couldn’t tell JS?

I hope they weren’t able to tell him that the whole town of Morenci was turned inside out, or that this was National Headlines, etc…… Or give him any news on the search and stuff.

Because THAT’S exactly what he would of wanted to hear! Wanting a “control factor” like he does.
He would be basking in all of that news.

No answers after visit to missing Morenci boys' dad in jail

Two members of the clergy and a family member of John Skelton were given special visitation this week with the father of the three missing boys from Morenci in hopes that he would reveal his sons' whereabouts, an Ohio jail administrator said.

The visitation at the Lucas County Corrections Center in Toledo was face-to-face -- instead of the normal half-hour, weekly video visitation -- and is used only on rare occasions, Corrections Administrator Jim O'Neal said.

The special visitors were requested by authorities in an effort to talk to Skelton about the whereabouts of his sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, who have been missing since last week.

Skelton, 39, of Morenci is jailed on parental kidnapping charges and faces a Dec. 14 hearing that seeks to extradite him to Michigan. He has declined all requests for interviews, O'Neal said

Read more: No answers after visit to missing Morenci boys' dad in jail | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201012...ssing-Morenci-boys--dad-in-jail#ixzz178ktb481

Still not cooperating. :curses: :curses: :curses:
Kind of makes his plea find my kids sound like a dare. :furious:

Well pesky work has kept me away! Taken a bit to catch up.

Glad to see the parents of JS are finally arriving! Bout time!! They may be able to help in getting some real info.

The Guitar Hero gift is expensive but, it could of come from a Grandparent or another relative?. JS or TS may of not purchased it themselves.

If he was behind in his payments of child support and a looming foreclosure on the home, I do wonder if the motorcycle(s?) were sold? That’s not a cheap hobby either.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101130/METRO/11300364/Father-took-boys-away-previously#ixzz16wzJMhZh
-----------------
Tanya may of been a bind for money as well?

respectfully snipped. I agree the gift may have been from someone other than TS and JS ( and I mentioned so in my pp :) )

Who knows about the motorcycle(s) they might have been repo'd. I doubt the guy had money to pay cash for them and they may have been financed. Of course the possibility exists that he'd make the bike payments but leave his house and child support payments unpaid.

I, like everyone else so wish something would of turned up yesterday.
Our snow has already started here, and MI/OH must be about the same. Once it starts snowing, you wouldn’t be finding much until May or June (at least where I’m at)
This guy just makes me sick.

And I am still wondering if this guy was wiley enough to drive his van to somewhere it could have been seen (turnpike exit?) And even turned on his phone, checked his voice mail or something, just to have the phone ping.
Then turned it off and driven in the opposite direction to hide the boy’s.

And he’s having a good ol’ time thinking everyone is searching.

He must be fairly confident they won’t be found.

And I am still wondering if this guy was wiley enough to drive his van to somewhere it could have been seen (turnpike exit?) And even turned on his phone, checked his voice mail or something, just to have the phone ping.
Then turned it off and driven in the opposite direction to hide the boy’s.

And he’s having a good ol’ time thinking everyone is searching.

i still would like to know who on earth he would call if he did..... out of guilt,sad that he had to talk to someone....just is all so puzzling. :banghead:
how on earth could a lawyer let this go on and on....mind you with the stafford case it dragged for a few weeks but at least someome talked. just looking at JS he doesnt seem like he could be capable of being so nasty unless it was a bigger story...i pray and beleive that they are safe somewheres. maybe not safe but alive with someone...

i still would like to know who on earth he would call if he did..... out of guilt,sad that he had to talk to someone....just is all so puzzling. :banghead:
how on earth could a lawyer let this go on and on....mind you with the stafford case it dragged for a few weeks but at least someome talked. just looking at JS he doesnt seem like he could be capable of being so nasty unless it was a bigger story...i pray and beleive that they are safe somewheres. maybe not safe but alive with someone...

I’m thinking if you have GPS on your phone, the phone may ping itself periodically?? If the GPS is on. Maybe not?.
Or simply switching tower locations could do it too.
But he wouldn’t of had to of called anyone but his voice mail, to make the phone ping.

If the phone is off, and you turn it on, it will ping a tower, you don’t have to call anyone.

If he did call someone at that hour of the morning, I’d like to know WHO it was too!! I’m sure LE would know though.

The phone will ping on the nearest tower if it is turned on. It doesn't have to have GPS. think along the lines of the phone having to ping while on in the event an incoming call comes in.

I wonder why he brought the cell phone with him.

I keep my GPS turned off, unless I’m using it, cause it gives me the creeps that my phone knows where I am! LOL!!! ( the phone would know anyway!:waitasec:)

But if the phone is on, it will ping which ever tower you are closest to as you travel from one area to another.

I wonder why the phone too? But maybe it is just an unconscious :”gathering up” before you get into your car, ya know. The mental check list thing.

UNLESS! It was a staged event. Which I am still suspicious of. I’m suspicious of everything he does, truthfully.

He started out “plotting” AKA Joann Taylor………
The suicide plot…
I think he continues to plot …..
Weak plots but, plotting none the less.

And the phone, and car sighting, the nooses, etc.. may of just been another portion of one of his insidious plots.

I don't think the cops are even sure they boys are deceased! My gut is still telling me those boys are alive somewhere!

I have thought this also. For some strange reason thoughts running between my ears I think the mother may know where the boys are.

Really I think we are just hoping this may be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50