MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to why LE called off searches, if they knew for certain that the boys were deceased, wouldn't they have kept looking for them? I know they are privately (or so they said), but why keep the community from helping to bring these boys home?

IMO, this case could go either way.

I too, kinda, think if the boys are gone, JS would have succeeded in attempting suicide.

Wondering about what his father said, at about 1:02--"might not have been the best judgment, but was a positive decision" from video on
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/video?id=7832420

Something else I ran across-
http://74.6.117.48/search/srpcache?...a&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=IE4YFB7DTTuLzW1TAcYxgw--

snipped- "It all started with a suspicious suicide note where John Skelton claimed his boys were fine and "

WHAT note??? First I have read that?!?! Does anyone remembr reading there was a note??? If so, where was it? At the house, in the van, pinned to JS jacket when he went to the hospital??? huh

Another item that caught my eye- snipped from- http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...Missing-Michigan-Boys-are-Safe-111592774.html
"I don't understand that why when he went to call her that Friday night after Thanksgiving and into Saturday that she refused his calls," says Arens.

Say do WHAT?? JS tried to call TS on Fri and Sat????

So according to the FBI agent, there was no evidence the boys were killed.

I'm hopeful. I just hope that they can come home before Christmas.

Well- that is what the donut lady said he said, not official from FBI- they have not commented yet...

can't get oo excited over that IMO

I don't buy the sucide attempt not being complete as a reason the boys are alive...too often, parents kill their children, then "attempt" to commit, suicide but someho they happen to survive. I think if he killed the kids and the "attempt" was to be his out, that he was distraught, crazy, whatever...

But I do agree that LE seems to either have no clue, or is not taking their not being found very seriously. Have there been any open words from LE about the felonies involved if someone is holding the boys? Life in prison for example?? The boys were not "his" to do with what he wants.

So if he took a taxi to the hospital, there would be someone that would have known that wouldn't they? Aren't calls to taxi's logged and surely the taxi driver would have come forward and said hey I took him to the hospital. Also a tax ride 40 miles would be expensive I think. It cost us $65 to have a taxi bring my brother from a nursing home to my house apprx 12 miles away and then of course the return trip, but still that is a lot of $$. I also tip the driver an additional $10 because he is working on a holiday usually.

Closest taxi service I could find was in Adrian, about 15 miles away. Don't think there are too many taxis cruising the streets for Morenci looking for fares.
IMHO don't think the taxi idea is valid....too far & too much $$

He went to a Toledo hospital....it is about 40 miles to Toledo from Morenci.. I wonder what TIME he got there...and it was on Friday???

(and not much further on down to Bowling Green and then to Sandusky...hmm)

My understanding is that he went first to Fulton County Medical Center in Wauseon. There he got treatment for the ankle and got put on suicide watch. Was "transfered" to Toledo Hospital, mental health division and then to the Lucas County Jail from there.

Ah redtailhawk, yes that rings a bell. About 20-25 minutes, about 16 miles, straight down 108.

here- snipped-
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101128/NEWS16/101129637

Police said Mr. Skelton, who works as a long-haul truck driver, called an acquaintance after the failed attempt and the acquaintance drove him to Fulton County Health Center in Wauseon.

That elusive acquaintance!!:banghead: AND what TIME was that???

WTH--Hospitals have tons of video cameras. I used to work at one. Unless he was dropped off in the parking lot, which I highly doubt. I hope LE pulls video.

wonder if he has a secret gal pal????

You know, since you brought this up.......

I have been wondering if this is possibly the reason they were splitting? From reading the comments on JS's myspace, TS seemed to be pretty happy with him not too long ago, then out of nowhere they were splitting.

Also, his comments on FB about TS and God forgiving him, maybe it was forgiving him for adultery, and nothing to do with the kids.

Purely speculation, but it has crossed my mind a few times.

ooohh JenRen- just had a thought... that mysterious phone call when the boys couldn't find him?? Wonder if LE has tracked down any potential girlfriend(s) from the phone/computer records?

Disposable phones could be an explanation for LE not finding anything on his phone. He was a truck driver and I speculate he has used them before in areas he is unable to get reception with his service.

ooohh JenRen- just had a thought... that mysterious phone call when the boys couldn't find him?? Wonder if LE has tracked down any potential girlfriend(s) from the phone/computer records?

Yes, that too, thank you for reminding me! He definitely wouldn't want the boys to hear him talking to someone else, then have them accidentally bring it up in front of their mother.

I don't want to go as far as to say he had a gf that now has the boys, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another woman involved somewhere in the mix.

His "suicide" could have also been an attempt to get pity from TS after he "broke off the affair".

Again, just want to stress that this is all speculation on my part.

Disposable phones could be an explanation for LE not finding anything on his phone. He was a truck driver and I speculate he has used them before in areas he is unable to get reception with his service.

I live near I-70, and there are at least 4 truck stops within 20 miles of my home, all of them have a full aisle of these types of phones. It would be reasonable to say he could have a disposable phone.

*Also, another trick used by those who have a "partner" on the side.

Disposable phones....now are those the kind you basically pre pay for a set amount of minutes?? Can someone call you on them, or is it just for out bound calls?
Can they be re- loaded with more minutes? Or do you literally throw them away??
And I assume they can't be tracked/pinged ...and there is no bill, unless a receipt is kept?

Yes...all speculation...until those boys come home, it is all there is

Hmm wonder if he used a CB radio??

Yes, that too, thank you for reminding me! He definitely wouldn't want the boys to hear him talking to someone else, then have them accidentally bring it up in front of their mother.

I don't want to go as far as to say he had a gf that now has the boys, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was another woman involved somewhere in the mix.

His "suicide" could have also been an attempt to get pity from TS after he "broke off the affair".

Again, just want to stress that this is all speculation on my part.

It might also account for his talking in the dark and not answering his kids.

Disposable phones....now are those the kind you basically pre pay for a set amount of minutes?? Can someone call you on them, or is it just for out bound calls?
Can they be re- loaded with more minutes? Or do you literally throw them away??
And I assume they can't be tracked/pinged ...and there is no bill, unless a receipt is kept?

Yes...all speculation...until those boys come home, it is all there is

Hmm wonder if he used a CB radio??

Yes, you buy the phone for a reasonable amount, then you can buy minutes on a prepaid card and reload them. No contract involved. My daughter had one about a year ago until I put her on my plan, and she was able to make outbound calls and receive calls.

They are actually a nice idea for someone who doesn't use a cell phone often and only wants one for emergency situations. They are also used frequently by people who are having an affair, it's how I found out about my ex's LOL!

I also wanted to add.....when I found out about my ex's affair, he also tried to gain sympathy by threatening to kill himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap