MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A theory....
Hypothetically speaking, let's say JS truly thought his sons were in danger. He could be messed up enough, and delusional enough in his grief over the loss of his marriage that he might have convinced himself of this.

So, he arranges to have the kids taken into hiding, because he knows a judge is not going to give him full custody, given what has gone on before, and what usually happens in custody disputes. He knows TS is not going to just let him have the kids.

When the Kids are gone, taken by the "organization," he doesn't trust that he will be able to keep it a secret, and he can't face life in jail, so he decides to kill himself. Without his kids, he doesn't have anything to live for anyway. His marriage is over. He's a failure. So he goes about setting up his suicide.

But, like many people, when push comes to shove, he really can't do it, and he convinces himself that he will be able to keep it a secret and keep his sons safe. He decides that he can spend his life in jail, knowing his kids are safe. He climbs down, and falls, and hurts himself.

It all depends on what JS's mental state really is, and how far down the delusion path he has roamed. IF this was an act of desperation brought on by faulty logic/thinking, then the kids are safe. IF this was an act of spiteful retribution to his wife, then I don't think the kids are safe.

it is so confusing.. if they came and got the kids from the house )which i read somewheres) why try to attempt to kill yourself there. then if they are ok i would think you would stay alive and get a chance to see them again and to hurt TS. i would think if he did hurt the children he would have such a guilt he would indeed kill himself then to rot in jail unless he did hide them and then to appear distraught he would get less time, then to get out and see them again. but then why wouldnt you go with the organization to be with your children or why wouldnt u run and hide indefintely. his motives are the key to where they are...

I still go back to my initial thoughts that he may have figured the "suicide attempt" would net him 72 hours under observation, and then he'd be free to go. I think he may have thought that would take the suspicion off of him completely. Backfired at any rate, since he's in jail.

I just want to see these boys home for the holidays.

What if he never tried to kill himself. that could be a lie as well...and i was thinkin. prob u guys have thought of it but putting it out there if not. what if he owes money to someone and they threaten his kids so he put them in safe hiding. do u actually know if he abuses drugs and alchol or do we assume. does he gamble? Christmas is comin quick. please bring them home...

Just from my knowledge, the family has never said drugs. But even today when I spoke with DZ he mentioned that JS drank alcohol, smoked and played on the computer a lot of the time.

On a sid note. In the local paper (State Line Observer) today it was mentioned that the family home on Congress was broken into 2 times last week. Once on Dec 14 and Once Sat. Dec 18. In our little sleepy town this is rather uncommon to have a home broken into espiscially 2 times in a week. Makes me question if someone is looking for something.

I know it has been discussed before, But grandpa said today that JS's family has had no contact with them and he feels they know something, like most of us have thought.

I still go back to my initial thoughts that he may have figured the "suicide attempt" would net him 72 hours under observation, and then he'd be free to go. I think he may have thought that would take the suspicion off of him completely. Backfired at any rate, since he's in jail.

I just want to see these boys home for the holidays.

i figured that as well.. but he must of got nervous and said he gave them to a organization when questioned. but suspicion off him hmmmm still the kids were missing and he had them last. dont know what he is thinking...

Not meaning this as argumentative, but does it make a difference if he did or didn't try to kill himself? Does it give us any information about what he did with the boys? Do you see a connection between him attempting/not attempting suicide and whether he murdered the kids or kidnapped/gave them to somebody else?

We know he lies because he has told both stories, accdg to police.

Just helps us put together a more complete narrative.

For instance, if there was no suicide attempt then how did he hurt his ankle ..

But then it shounds like we might have an answer to that.

From GeorgiaJean:
What I recall from MSM is that he was going to attempt suicide, even climbed up on the banister, but then thought the better of it, and fell as he was climbing down. That's how he hurt his ankle. He did not actually attempt suicide.

Just from my knowledge, the family has never said drugs. But even today when I spoke with DZ he mentioned that JS drank alcohol, smoked and played on the computer a lot of the time.

On a sid note. In the local paper (State Line Observer) today it was mentioned that the family home on Congress was broken into 2 times last week. Once on Dec 14 and Once Sat. Dec 18. In our little sleepy town this is rather uncommon to have a home broken into espiscially 2 times in a week. Makes me question if someone is looking for something.

I know it has been discussed before, But grandpa said today that JS's family has had no contact with them and he feels they know something, like most of us have thought.

bolded by me..
isnt the home under police watch... that is wierd to be broken in twice. what could they be looking for other than maybe birth certificates,passports. i know JS family has to know something. since they talked to him etc... did the aunt ever get in to talk to him...

i got thinking who on earth would give him the info on a organization to bring the kids to that is so secretive. how come we cant find it on the net. how come not one person has come forward that would of know of the situation and gave him a contact number...
just putting it out there... how does one person come to find out about the ppl...

I'm guessing that the family hasn't asked the whereabouts of the children because they can't be compelled to offer up information if they don't have any.

Just helps us put together a more complete narrative.

For instance, if there was no suicide attempt then how did he hurt his ankle ..

But then it shounds like we might have an answer to that.

From GeorgiaJean:

In an earlier thread someone posited that he could have broken his ankle trudging through the snow and ice to hide the bodies.

I think the fact that the police continue to say they do not anticipate a positive outcome means the things they know about and haven't released to the public (the friend who brought JS to the hospital, info about the nooses, the kids' belongings that were left behind) point to murder.

I believe LE does not want TS to talk to JS because they want to use that as a bargaining chip. If JS' motive was to hurt TS, they do not want JS to see her upset. LE is probably telling JS that he cannot see TS until he tells where the boys are.

Keepinghope, that news about the break-ins is so striking. Could be adventurous teenagers...could be JS' family.

Blazelet, this story is definitely complex....from the changing stories of JS, to the FB dialogue, to TS' criminal history, to the family court judge allowing unsupervised visits after kidnapping. All of this happening in a tiny tiny town, where everybody knows everybody else's business. It's hard to believe the mystery of where the boys are is so difficult to solve.

bolded by me..
isnt the home under police watch... that is wierd to be broken in twice. what could they be looking for other than maybe birth certificates,passports. i know JS family has to know something. since they talked to him etc... did the aunt ever get in to talk to him...

At first there was a state police car out front. But not anymore. Both times the paper said that somone came in through the back door which had been boarded shut and the boards were pryed off. Yeah it could just be teens or looky lou's but who knows.

In an earlier thread someone posited that he could have broken his ankle trudging through the snow and ice to hide the bodies.

Just and observation. On Thanksgiving we did not have snow or ice here. Infact we did not have any measurable snow the whole month of Nov this year. When I was on the search for the boys it was muddy though in the ditches and fields.

i think today at 12:25PM(christmas month and day) we should all have a moment and all pray today that the boys will come home either on christmas eve or christmas day! i will be at work. I hope we can give the JS strength and honesty that he tells where they are...and that they come home for christmas...THE BOYS DESERVE IT. :)

How can this man smile :furious:

Attachments

• bilde-5.jpg
    bilde-5.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 41

BBM: Thank-you, Keepinghope.

TWO break-ins at the family home? HUH??? Wow. There is something up with that.

I hope LE lays charges if they have evidence of a crime being committed, in the withholding of information in this case.

read this this am...
they're looking for people who saw John Skelton's van, or John and the boys, between 2:30pm Thanksgiving day and 1:30pm Friday, November 26. Police have information John may have been traveling with the boys between 4:30AM and 6:45AM Friday.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/Skelton_Boys_Are_With_A_Community_112013034.html

Thank-you, Girlygirl.

This is a new expanded timeline request, isn't it?

Why 2:30 pm, kwim? Last confirmed sighting of the boys?

Blessings for these 3 little boys and their family this Holiday season. Wishing they were getting ready for Santa with their family. Instead JS languishes in jail and the family and many concerned citizens are left wondering the true fate of the boys.

No matter which way I look at this: being the boys are with an organization or the unthinkable has happened, JS is just plain evil, mean spirited, and very spiteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez