MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this article: "A hearing on the contempt charge is scheduled for Jan. 28. Noe warned Skelton last month there is no limit to the length of time she can keep him in jail for refusing to obey her custody order."

I like this judge. No limit. So JS can't just sit out his kidnapping charge and skip free. Good.
Yeah but not good enough for me. If LE can't find the boys by the end of the max time for a kidnapping charge (couldn't it be the max time times 3, nonconcurrently), then JS goes free. I absolutely will go crazier ;) if that happens and the boys are still missing.

I continue to believe, as I have from almost the start, that they boys are alive and being hidden. And if that's true, IMO JS definitely premeditated, and definitely, IMO at least one or more other people are accomplices.

Actually, that's not entirely true. According to research:

*False claims of abuse are actually quite rare in custody cases
* Men are many times more likely to file false claims then women (something like 2% of women's abuse claims are false, compared with 16% of men's, although that also means that 98% of women's and 84% of men's claims are valid.

Some parental abductions are committed by controlling parents who want to "win at all costs." Other abductions are commited by protective parents who panic or feel they have no other options. (Abusers who contest custody are eventually successful 70% of the time - see "Ten Custody Myths and How to Counter Them", ABA Committee on Violence and Families.)

Don't get me wrong - I am not saying I believe JS is a protective parent. Not at all. It just irks me when opinion is slung out as fact because it leads people to form mistaken impressions that ultimately help to inhibit victims from seeking and receiving justice.

Where'd you get those statistics? The research I've seen put out about parental kidnapping says that the overwhelming majority of parents kidnap for spite or to force a reconciliation with the other parent.

(I know false allegations are rare in custody cases and that allegations in the first place are only made in 2% of custody cases. But I'm not talking about all cases, just parental kidnapping ones, where lots of times abductors claim abuse. And I never said men don't make false allegations - they do, they're just less likely to gain public support for them.)

And I believe that "70%" statistic includes anyone who wound up with unsupervised visitation with their kid, even if they have no legal or physical custody rights.

I have not been on for a couple days, but had hoped these boys would be home by now. Prayers that these boys are safe.

I have not been on for a couple days, but had hoped these boys would be home by now. Prayers that these boys are safe.

Every day I also hope they will be found safe, but sadly I don't think they will be nor do I think he will divulge where they are. :cry: MOO

Missing Morenci boys' Aunt calls John Skelton coward
19-year-old Courtney Derby, like her mother, Tanya Skelton, wishes she knew what happened to Andrew, Alexander and Tanner.
The boys' sister spoke only with FOX 2.
"The I love yous and the screaming coming out the door. You forgot to give me a kiss. You forgot to hug me. Even snow, rain … the middle one and the youngest always running out the door. No shoes on, mom's yelling get inside, you're going to get sick. They didn't care. They wanted a kiss from their sister. I mean, that's what I miss," said Derby.
More... Video included...

i just found this.. hope it hasnt been posted... a video of the 1st court hearing for JS
http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Skelton--Missing-brothers-given-to-organization-worker

As he was being taken out of the courtroom in a wheelchair as the hearing ended, John Skelton said, “I do have three pieces of information if you want it.”
at the end of the video...
http://www.lenconnect.com/breaking/...-judge-he-turned-boys-over-to-an-organization

BBM

Have not seen this mentioned anywhere!!! Now it could have been more untruths, but it could have been something to take note of.

Does anyone know if JS has been having any visitors?? Does he meet with his lawyer often?

Okay I have been wondering....

Did LE follow up re someone taking a 'sabbatical'...I KNOW they got a tip on this
....hmm

Wonder if certain persons met up with other certain persons, while they were all in the same area...and passed off 'luggage'...and that 'luggage' continued further away from the area.
And somehow that 'luggage' made it to the coast, and onto a boat, with a diesel engine...that then sailed the ocean blue to a little hideyhole in the country of 700 islands

Yeah I know, me and my theories...

BUT where are they????
Anyone got any better ideas??

Also- I wonder if the locals are still searching areas on their own, in case of a sad alternative??

ALSO if I may- if you had family member(s) that were missing, wouldn't you do everything within your power to try to find them...like, I don't know, start a web page or something??? Instead of sitting back ...Thinking they're okay???????

yeah, showtime is tizzed about the ho mhum of some. BLAH

'JS' has changed his profile pic on FB too BTW

COME ON JS ....or whomever may be reading this that is in the KNOW-
GIVE'em up

SkeltonBoysflyer.jpg

Awesome job on the poster there Dreamfinder!! Maybe it coudl be used to make some posters, or placed on all family's FB pages, etc.

A friend of Tanya's family took pictures that Tanya took over this past summer and fall and put them to music. It is a great video. I would suggest having a tissue ready it is just so sweet.
Reposted from Facebook

"Alexander, Andrew, And Tanner Skelton Missing For 45 Days Have You Seen Us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DnaSP3Ag34

Awareness Video For 3 Missing Boys Alexander, Andrew, and Tanner Skelton Missing For 45 Days"

It is a beautiful poster Dreamfinder, would it be ok if I posted it on the Media thread for the boys?

Where'd you get those statistics? The research I've seen put out about parental kidnapping says that the overwhelming majority of parents kidnap for spite or to force a reconciliation with the other parent.

(/QUOTE]

This study just came out in December. It deals only with Hague (international) cases, but it's not realistic to think that concerns about abuse and violence are limited only to individuals with international ties. As the study references, the Hague rules were originally created to avoid non-custodial parents - i.e. not the child's primary caretaker - kidnapping children and fleeing to other jurisdicitions. The research suggests that in fact, a significant portion of Hague cases are actually mothers fleeing abusive and/or violent situations, not spite driven individuals. Also, many of these indivduals were fleeing to their countries of origin. It's a study on a very small group of individuals, but does indicate that conventional wisdom may have to be reexamined in regards to the motivations of these individuals.

http://www.haguedv.org/reports/finalreport.pdf

This study just came out in December. It deals only with Hague (international) cases, but it's not realistic to think that concerns about abuse and violence are limited only to individuals with international ties. As the study references, the Hague rules were originally created to avoid non-custodial parents - i.e. not the child's primary caretaker - kidnapping children and fleeing to other jurisdicitions. The research suggests that in fact, a significant portion of Hague cases are actually mothers fleeing abusive and/or violent situations, not spite driven individuals. Also, many of these indivduals were fleeing to their countries of origin. It's a study on a very small group of individuals, but does indicate that conventional wisdom may have to be reexamined in regards to the motivations of these individuals.

http://www.haguedv.org/reports/finalreport.pdf

That report looked at 300 cases for a total, actually examined 47 of them, and reported on the results of 22 cases. There are thousands of parental kidnapping cases each year. Looking at such a tiny percentage tells you nothing.

Ken Connolly, who was abducted by his father as a child, had a good response to this.

That report looked at 300 cases for a total, actually examined 47 of them, and reported on the results of 22 cases. There are thousands of parental kidnapping cases each year. Looking at such a tiny percentage tells you nothing.

Ken Connolly, who was abducted by his father as a child, had a good response to this.

Hopefully we don't get banned for straying somewhat OT here lol...I read the article you linked. It's terribly sad what he went through, and totally unacceptable. I am not an advocate for parental abduction. Thus the reason that my child and I must still be in contact with his father who has been physically abusive to both of us throughout our lives. But I can't pretend that everyone's situation is my own. I had a supportive family and limited financial resources that were enough for me to extricate myself from abuse. I had an education and job skills to sustain us so that I didn't have to go back. Not every woman is in this situation. I can tell you from firsthand experience that while being in a violent relationship is a very traumatic experience it is absolutely NOTHING when compared to having to watch your child go through the same thing.

What defies logic is how this gentleman can be both anti-kidnapping and anti-violence, as I am, and yet be SUPPORTIVE of the fictitious defense abusers rely most heavily on when trying to desperately retain their position of control and dominance over their victims - that of a so-called parental alienation syndrome. Certainly some angry parents, both male and female do engage in alienating behaviors. But PAS is not based on sound science, was wisely rejected for inclusion in the DSM-IV and is not admissable under evidentiary standards in most states as it does not meet Dauber.

The case against abusers using PAS as a defense is most cogently argued here:

http://www.dvleap.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=IQUr0aK2SIU=&tabid=167

Folks let's please stay on topic. It is not going to help the Skelton brothers case for us to debate PAS on this thread. If you would like to start a discussion on the topic of PAS, please do so in the jury room.

Thank you,
Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members