MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=575847

Posted: 39 mins ago

DETROIT (AP) -- The father of three missing Michigan boys tells a Detroit TV station that he has not harmed them.

John Skelton tells WXYZ-TV in a telephone interview from the Lenawee County Jail that he's "always maintained" he "didn't hurt" 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner.

The interview was conducted Tuesday and is being aired Wednesday.

Please continue here!

skelton-blog-post.gif

Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, & Andrew, 9 mysteriously vanish Thanksgiving day. The young boys were with their father, John Skelton, and were supposed to return to their mother after a scheduled visit, but never did.

The boys’ father allegedly first told police he gave the children to a woman because he planned to hang himself and didn’t want the boys to witness the suicide. His suicide attempt failed and Skelton was placed in the hospital for a mental evaluation. After a massive search across state lines for the 3 missing boys, police declared the father’s story about a woman was a lie, and investigators now say the case has turned into a homicide investigation.

According to police, since the boys vanished, their father’s story has changed several times. John Skelton, now charged with 3 counts of parental kidnapping, says now that he would never hurt his children. His latest story is that he put his 3 children in hiding, giving them to a secret organization in order to keep them safe.

With the missing boys’ father’s story allegedly changing constantly and massive search efforts turning up empty, we still don’t know the location of the missing boys. Please help us find Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, & Andrew, 9 Skelton.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/page/8/

Previous Threads:

Media Links

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27247329/detail.html

Auction To Boost Missing Brothers Case
Proceeds Of Auction Will Help Pay Attorney's Fees In Skelton Case

POSTED: Saturday, March 19, 2011
UPDATED: 10:08 am EDT March 19, 2011

MORENCI, Mich. -- An auction will be held on Saturday to help pay for legal and investigative fees in the case of three missing brothers from Morenci.

Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton were last seen at their father's home in Morenci along the Michigan-Ohio state line on Thanksgiving...

I don't know I have mixed feelings about that. It says it is for "legal and investigative services. What kind of "legal and investigative services do three missing boys have?
Is this for the reward or searches or the investigation?

Also there is this...
Any remaining money will got to the Morenci Education Foundation and playground equipment at Morenci Elementary School and Wakefield Park in Morenci.
Who decides when the money is no longer needed for the case?

But all in all, it is good to see the citizens are pushing this and even working on it themselves.

I haven't read this thread in quite some time...Catching up on #6. I just had a strange thought....

Here in the North Florida area, we are having a visit from the "Rainbow People." They are a group of "Modern Hippies" that are staying in the Apachicola National Forest. They are given a temporary permit to camp out and live in the forest. They are about 150 people who "live off the land." They are made up of adults and children. Four of them were arrested at the Wal Mart in Crawfordville for stealing 288 dollars worth of beer and 10 cans of Computer Keyboard Compressed Air. This I learned was for "Huffing." They were taken to jail and the ones in the parking lot were sent back to the forest. I was feeding the ducks with my grandson, at a local lake, and one guy was there making and selling necklaces. I chose a bead from his box and waited for him to make me an adorable Hemp necklace. We chatted and he told us about his dog being sick and that he was taking it to the local Spay & Neuter Clinic, which was a few blocks from the lake. He told me that he would not charge me anything for the necklace...I could just make a "love offering" to him. I gave him a 20 dollar bill, because that is what I would pay for a necklace like that at a craft's fair. At lease he was not stealing like some of the others did!

This is the point I am making...The local TV station went out a did a story on their encampment....Well some of the adults and children had scarves tied over their faces during the filming!

Makes one wonder WHY??? Were they trying to hide their identities?

The guy I met let me take his picture and I posted it on Facebook. He was not looking at me...he was busy weaving my necklace.

Here is the main thing....These people live permanently in the Ocala National Forest. This forest is just about 30 to 40 miles south east of Jacksonville, FL....Where JS's parents live!

Could he have met up with some family members during the time he was on the move? Could these family members then have driven the boys south and turned them over to the "Rainbow People?" IIRC the grandparents/family members seemed to think that the boys were somewhere safe. If they are in Florida...there certainly would not be a huge need for the jackets that were left behind!

Just throwing this out there as a possibility...

DEAR GOD..PLEASE BRING THE SKELTON BOYS HOME TO THOSE THAT LOVE THEM!!

I haven't read this thread in quite some time...Catching up on #6. I just had a strange thought....

Here in the North Florida area, we are having a visit from the "Rainbow People." They are a group of "Modern Hippies" that are staying in the Apachicola National Forest. They are given a temporary permit to camp out and live in the forest. They are about 150 people who "live off the land." They are made up of adults and children. Four of them were arrested at the Wal Mart in Crawfordville for stealing 288 dollars worth of beer and 10 cans of Computer Keyboard Compressed Air. This I learned was for "Huffing." They were taken to jail and the ones in the parking lot were sent back to the forest. I was feeding the ducks with my grandson, at a local lake, and one guy was there making and selling necklaces. I chose a bead from his box and waited for him to make me an adorable Hemp necklace. We chatted and he told us about his dog being sick and that he was taking it to the local Spay & Neuter Clinic, which was a few blocks from the lake. He told me that he would not charge me anything for the necklace...I could just make a "love offering" to him. I gave him a 20 dollar bill, because that is what I would pay for a necklace like that at a craft's fair. At lease he was not stealing like some of the others did!

This is the point I am making...The local TV station went out a did a story on their encampment....Well some of the adults and children had scarves tied over their faces during the filming!

Makes one wonder WHY??? Were they trying to hide their identities?

The guy I met let me take his picture and I posted it on Facebook. He was not looking at me...he was busy weaving my necklace.

Here is the main thing....These people live permanently in the Ocala National Forest. This forest is just about 30 to 40 miles south east of Jacksonville, FL....Where JS's parents live!

Could he have met up with some family members during the time he was on the move? Could these family members then have driven the boys south and turned them over to the "Rainbow People?" IIRC the grandparents/family members seemed to think that the boys were somewhere safe. If they are in Florida...there certainly would not be a huge need for the jackets that were left behind!

Just throwing this out there as a possibility...

DEAR GOD..PLEASE BRING THE SKELTON BOYS HOME TO THOSE THAT LOVE THEM!!

i've heard of them, my wife's friend had attended one of their "events" once. from what he said it was almost like a drug to him and he was tempted to run away with them.
they are called the "rainbow family". they travel around have group meet ups with various groups, play drums, sell home made crafts and the like.

was the father a hippie? i honestly doubt he would give his children to people from the rainbow family. the last thing they would want is police attention towards their group, as many events involve people doing drugs. a lot of them are decent people who meet up to attend the events.
as mustang sally mentioned, not all are bad.

while anything is possible, i really think that sadly the father has done something awful. he attempted to kill himself which failed. his story has changed numerous times, which means he is lying.

if one cared about their children and wanted to hide them, the best safest place would be with a good friend or family.

i believe the father killed his 3 sons, then attempted to kill himself, which he failed at.

the auction mentioned above in a link here again:
http://www.freep.com/article/201103...t-effort-find-3-missing-boys?odyssey=nav|head

“This is no longer a missing persons case, but a murder investigation,” Weeks said at that time. “I’m sure that when the time is appropriate … charges will be requested.”

it's possible the money from the auction will be used for search teams to recover the boys?

also in the article, the father claims the boys were with some random united foster underground outreach group, yet likely police checked that.

from how this has unraveled, i gather they will be having a recovery mission for the bodies of the boys.

Sadly I too think that he killed them. His words and actions after his arrest showed that his thoughts and actions were not about the boys that he "couldn't find." It showed that his thoughts and actions were divided between getting back with his wife and retaliating against her. The boys seemed to be an afterthought and only important as they related to the marriage and his relationship with his wife. So I too think it is more a recovery mission rather than a rescue mission.

Even in his divorce appearances he is very worried about his belongings and the request for child support and maintenance kinds of things. Not the custody, not the visitation. Just the stuff.
He ranted about the stuff of his that was left in the home and he thought some of it was destroyed by Tanya and her family.

I agree, he has killed the boys.

WDIV update on auction to benefit Skelton brothers:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/27247329/detail.html

Morenci Fundraiser Raises $30K Missing Boys Search
Proceeds Of Auction Will Help Pay Attorney's Fees In Skelton Case

POSTED: Saturday, March 19, 2011
UPDATED: 11:05 am EDT March 21, 2011

MORENCI, Mich. -- Area residents have rallied behind a southern Michigan mother whose three young sons were last seen on Thanksgiving with their now-jailed father.

A fundraising event and auction held Saturday night in the Morenci High School gym brought in at least $30,000 to aid the search for Andrew Skelton, 9; Alexander Skelton, 7; and Tanner Skelton, 5...

I wonder if any organized search efforts are being planned, based on info that LE has...I think they are still holding quiet on some stuff. There wasn't a lot of cell ping info released.

June 3 preliminary hearing set for Skelton
A June 3 preliminary examination on kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment charges was set Monday in Lenawee County District Court for the father of three missing Morenci boys. Public defender John Glaser requested a date be set, although a final decision has not been made on whether to have an examination where prosecution witnesses would testify.
More...

With spring coming, I truly wish for the boys to be recovered and be brought home to their mother, their family and friends. :(

Sadly I too think that he killed them. His words and actions after his arrest showed that his thoughts and actions were not about the boys that he "couldn't find." It showed that his thoughts and actions were divided between getting back with his wife and retaliating against her. The boys seemed to be an afterthought and only important as they related to the marriage and his relationship with his wife. So I too think it is more a recovery mission rather than a rescue mission.

I believe that is the case also and just hope they will be found for a proper burial. :cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back