MI - Teens tried to abort fetus with bat, Armada Township, Oct 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
luvbeaches said:
I'm not saying what they did is right, I am only saying that in this country, it is legal to get an abortion. I don't think the boy should be charged with a crime. Are doctors charged when they abort babies?

Now had that guy beat her and caused her to lose the baby (and she wanted the baby), then that would be another story.

How can you say that this guy should not be charged with a crime? What do you think he was trying to do, play with the baby?
He knew exactly what he was doing, he was trying to kill that baby. This guy is not an MD, he does not have a license to practice medicine, comparing what he did to what doctors are doing is like comparing apples and oranges. You are right, abortion is legal, but not when the woman is 6 months along (per post # 37 on page 2 of this thread).
I think that both him and his girlfriend should be charged with committing this crime, they both conspired and participated in this act that resulted in the death of their unborn child.

marine said:
How can you say that this guy should not be charged with a crime? What do you think he was trying to do, play with the baby?
He knew exactly what he was doing, he was trying to kill that baby. This guy is not an MD, he does not have a license to practice medicine, comparing what he did to what doctors are doing is like comparing apples and oranges. You are right, abortion is legal, but not when the woman is 6 months along (per post # 37 on page 2 of this thread).
I think that both him and his girlfriend should be charged with committing this crime, they both conspired and participated in this act that resulted in the death of their unborn child.

I don't think he should be charged. Apples and oranges? It's okay for a doctor to kill a baby, but not okay for this kid?

BTW, I am pro-choice. I just don't think this kid should be charged.

luvbeaches said:
I don't think he should be charged. Apples and oranges? It's okay for a doctor to kill a baby, but not okay for this kid?

BTW, I am pro-choice. I just don't think this kid should be charged.

Doctors performing abortions are LICENSED to do so, they went to school, they passed the BAR Exams, they are allowed, BY LAW, to practice medicine. If something goes not as planned while an abortion is being performed, the doctor is trained and knows how to react. This kid hasn't even graduated from High School. What if his girlfriend died while he "performed" his version of an abortion? That shouldn't be considered a murder either?
Following your logic that if it's okay for a doctor to kill a baby, it should be okay for this kid to do it as well, please consider this:
A doctor cuts you open and takes out your appendix - that's called a surgery, something that is completely legal. Your friend anesthetizes you, makes an incision and takes out your appendix. Is this legal? Following you logic, if it's okay for a doctor to take out an appendix, it should be okay for your friend to do so as well, right?

Legality and licenses don't make something right.
It was not illegal to hold slaves in America at one time. It was not
illegal to cause the deaths of millions of Jews and others (deemed
non-persons) in Nazi Germany.

I just came across a stunning commentary on WND in regards to
the "pro-choice" movement. I provide the link with warning that
it is extremely disturbing. Here is the link to the
commentary entitled
'How lying marketers sold Roe v. Wade to America' :
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42462

Oh, I feel compelled to say that if anyone reading this has
ever undergone an abortion: Please, please know that
God loves you. That with Him there is forgiveness, healing, peace.

I can't even put into words how disturbing I find this story. It is truly an ABORTION of humanity.
I graduated from highschool in 1995 ~~~ so scary that I actually remember a girlfriend who started having sex and was worried that she might be pregnant. She told me that she planned to just have her boyfriend punch her in the stomach until it killed the baby. She went on to explain that she knew another coupled in our school who had done this, her boyfriend's cousin and his girlfriend.
I found this alarming at the time and I didn't even realize the full extent of it then. Luckily this girl never became pregnant.
I just don't know where people come up with . I don't care if you are pro-life or pro-choice....
where is the basic RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE in our society?? Where is the RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS??
Teenager's have sex, it's been going on for a long time - BUT HOW IS IT THAT THIS IS HOW YOUNG PEOPLE ARE LEARNING TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES???

If I get teased at school - I'LL JUST BRING IN A GUN A SHOOT THE PLACE UP?
If I get pregant - I'll just have someone BEAT IT OUT OF ME?

There is a complete lack of REALITIZATION OF CONSEQUENCES FOR ACTIONS! I find it truly, deeply, frightening!
:doh: :banghead: :bang:

I SO disagree with the majority of this thread! This was not an ABORTION, This was violence against a pregnant female and ATTEMPTED MURDER!!!!!! One does not perform an abortion with a baseball bat, nor does one do it at 6 months. Fetuses are viable at 27 weeks.:twocents:

I definitely agree with you that this was repeated brutal force, severe trauma and violence against a pregnant female by a male with a baseball bat. She very well could have died. Most people don't treat their animals like that. If they did, they would be in jail the same day. For some reason, the girl allowed herself to be tortured. I keep wondering why she thought so little of her body and how she could withstand the pain for almost a dozen different times of being beat.

I hope she receives a good emotional/ psychiatric evaluation and care.

LinasK said:
I SO disagree with the majority of this thread! This was not an ABORTION, This was violence against a pregnant female and ATTEMPTED MURDER!!!!!! One does not perform an abortion with a baseball bat, nor does one do it at 6 months. Fetuses are viable at 27 weeks.:twocents:

Candlelight said:
I definitely agree with you that this was repeated brutal force, severe trauma and violence against a pregnant female by a male with a baseball bat. She very well could have died. Most people don't treat their animals like that. If they did, they would be in jail the same day. For some reason, the girl allowed herself to be tortured. I keep wondering why she thought so little of her body and how she could withstand the pain for almost a dozen different times of being beat.

I hope she receives a good emotional/ psychiatric evaluation and care.
No, I agree with you Candlelight. This girl definitely has problems. If she wanted an abortion, that wasn't the way to go about it, but I strongly disagree with those posters on this thread who call this incident an abortion, it's not even in the same category as a botched coat-hanger type abortion...

ariel7 said:
Legality and licenses don't make something right.
It was not illegal to hold slaves in America at one time. It was not
illegal to cause the deaths of millions of Jews and others (deemed
non-persons) in Nazi Germany.

I just came across a stunning commentary on WND in regards to
the "pro-choice" movement. I provide the link with warning that
it is extremely disturbing. Here is the link to the
commentary entitled
'How lying marketers sold Roe v. Wade to America' :
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42462

Oh, I feel compelled to say that if anyone reading this has
ever undergone an abortion: Please, please know that
God loves you. That with Him there is forgiveness, healing, peace.
:rolleyes: Your post may be better received on the Political Forum. Please don't turn this thread into a lecture based on your own personal religious and political views, some of us are here to actually read about updates on this case.

LinasK said:
I agree with you 100%. Sadly, many people take cases like this and instead of delving into the psychological and social problems behind such an atrocity, they use it for their own religious and political agendas.

Bottom line is something went SERIOUSLY wrong with these two kids; what was it, and how can we fix it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

***Olivia: This thread is here to discuss the case. Since others
found it appropriate to comment, I figured it was open to all.
Sorry if I was mistaken, but it does seem that if no one
could discuss anything in particular,or not in particular as
so often happens mid thread :) , then what is the purpose of
having a forum to begin with.
I'm sorry we don't see eye to
eye, but I am not ramming anything down anyone's throats
so to speak.My posts were not discussing politics and religion (though
I did feel compelled to mention God's love and forgiveness in case
there was someone reading this torn up from guilt about having an
abortion), and
umm, if I were not to comment based on my own personal thoughts,
what would I be saying?:D Whose thoughts does everyone else
use? Their own, I hope.:crazy:
I do hope it is ok to include links,btw. Especially ones relevant and
compelling.
For those
that don't agree with me. That's ok. :)
If ya don't wish to read my posts... please skip 'em.
I tend to be stubborn :banghead: so I'd not feel slighted to know that someone
just couldn't stand my posts.
Oh,and thanks for the tip about
the political forum, perhaps I'll swing by there one o' these days.:)

Candlelight, olivia, LinasK:

I understand your points, but must respectfully disagree
with y'all.

This thread started with the article that specifically mentions
the supposed intention of these teens as "aborting".

Yes, they went to what may seem like extremes to most of us.

What is wrong with them? Nothing more than is wrong with most
of us: selfishness. I've no doubt they felt desperate. Most
criminals do.(Selfishness combined with desperation is a powerful
combination.) Undoubtedly they couldn't have afforded the
so-called safe,legal, oh! and very expensive (she was in the 2nd term
ya know) procedure to end the babe's life in the politically correct way.

Everyone is pitying the poor girl for allowing this...yes, she sure is
to be pitied, imo. But it's not like
she had the tar beat out of her against her will---according to the
media reports anyway.It comes across that she was quite a willing
participant in this---that she was highly motivated by own thing above
all others: getting rid of that baby. [Flame me if you must, but
please bear with me just a bit longer.]

Some people
do and allow some mighty sick things to be done to themselves.
Some do some mighty awful things if they stand
in line to benefit.(Witness the Fear Factor phenomenon,for example.)

Then again, many, many "real" abortions ARE truly against the
woman's wishes---coercion shall we say. Perhaps this case will
turn out to be one of those cases. However, in discussing this we
really only have a few articles to go on so for me to assume
THIS aforementioned possibility would really be conjecture.

Anyway, one last comment: for those that seem to find the
sterile atmosphere of an abortion clinic & the sainted hands
of the md's ensuring that all
women have that so-called "right-to-choose"
as noble, as proper, as anything but violent: I challenge
you-absolutely- to research what exactly occurs
during an abortion. It is truly as violent, but even more gruesome than
what these kids did to their unborn baby. Things we would never,
never do to an a pregnant animal and her babies!!!! (Well, unless
we were like that awful guy and the puppies... :( )

With that said, I too wonder why did they choose this? Why? How did such a young girl, a child herself, find herself here in
this terrible mess? Where were the parents?Something undoubtedly went
very wrong here. I wonder why?
(That's something I really find myself asking quite a lot lately (when
reading the news. :( )

Anyway, sorry about the long posts. I'll neglect this thread from
now onward. Adios. :)

Ariel7

A teenage boy convicted of striking his girlfriend with a baseball bat to end her pregnancy has been sentenced to 200 hours of community service at a pro-life pregnancy center, drawing objections from his lawyer and his family.

Macomb Circuit Judge Matthew Switalski on Thursday sentenced the 17-year-old Richmond teen to two years probation and community service at Compassion Pregnancy Centers, which has two locations in Macomb County.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/0510/01/B01-332781.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back