MI MI - Tiane Brown, 33, Detroit, 29 October 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No names yet on the two that had her phone?

Check the overall trend since the 1990s please. :) You also forgot the rest of the sentence...

"but a 9.9 percent decrease from the 2008 figure, and a 10.3 percent drop from the number in 2003..."

(I don't mean to derail but it's good to have a reality check once in a while when one reads about violent crime all day.)

Yes I read on and def went down over the years.
I felt much better after reading on :)

I almost hope there is more to this story than the senseless killing of a promising young woman. They didn't want her car, so there has to be more. This doesn't smell like a random carjacking or robbery. One shot to the head. Highland Park has become such an armpit, to put it mildly.

I agree and came to post something along those lines. Very strange they took the phone but left the car. And that they left her in the car, without torching/sinking it. Seemingly wanting her found and identified quickly? If it was about $$ that car could've been scrapped in a few hours. The whole thing is just heartbreaking. I hope justice is swift and thorough.

This is bizarre :waitasec: I've now heard a channel 4 (WDIV) reporter mention twice that the DPD Chief suggested during the press conference that the two people in custody are likely related to the case but not necessarily the shooting. Any thoughts on what this might mean? Could the pair have picked up the cell phone at a different location than where Tiane's body was found inside her vehicle? :confused:

I probably shouldn't even share this because you guys/gals will think I am :crazy: but...Last night I was working on the map I posted adding Tiane's parents' township and I kept being drawn to the 94 towards Lake St Clair. Never been there before but something told me that is where she was. I was thinking in the lake but just now when I saw the map of the area, it kind of gave me chills to know she was found just off that road in that direction.

So in the news conference for now they are saying they have 2 suspects. Must be the ones that had her phone but still working to see if they "found" her phone or were also involved with her murder. I guess it is possible the murderer/s threw the phone out the window and the other guys picked it up.
Hopefully LE has DNA that will prove or disprove their involvement.

This is bizarre :waitasec: I've now heard a channel 4 (WDIV) reporter mention twice that the DPD Chief suggested during the press conference that the two people in custody are likely related to the case but not necessarily the shooting. Any thoughts on what this might mean? Could the pair have picked up the cell phone at a different location than where Tiane's body was found inside her vehicle? :confused:

Just posted the same thing.:blushing:

I probably shouldn't even share this because you guys/gals will think I am :crazy: but...Last night I was working on the map I posted adding Tiane's parents' township and I kept being drawn to the 94 towards Lake St Clair. Never been there before but something told me that is where she was. I was thinking in the lake but just now when I saw the map of the area, it kind of gave me chills to know she was found just off that road in that direction.

So in the news conference for now they are saying they have 2 suspects. Must be the ones that had her phone but still working to see if they "found" her phone or were also involved with her murder. I guess it is possible the murderer/s threw the phone out the window and the other guys picked it up.
Hopefully LE has DNA that will prove or disprove their involvement.

If someone wanted to dispose of a body (or vehicle) in water, the Detroit River is only 2-3 miles from WSU campus.

When DH and I go into the city for arts or sports entertainment (opera, theatre, Red Wings games, etc.), we park our car at a restaurant that is in the WSU campus area. The shuttle ride to Joe Louis Arena that is on the riverfront takes 6 or 7 minutes. The Detroit River feeds into Lake St. Clair, but the current runs the opposite direction.

Was it someone she knew?

"According to court documents in Wayne and Oakland counties, Brown, who was raising three daughters while attending law school, is divorced and in 2007 sought a personal protection order against an ex-husband, claiming he was dangerous. An Oakland County judge denied the order.

She also was involved in a custody dispute over the last year with the father of one of her children, a female toddler who is almost 2 years old. That father, records show, sought joint custody, but an Oakland County judge denied his request in February. She also filed a civil suit in 2011 in Wayne County against a man who had possession of her car and would not return it. The outcome of that case is not known."

http://www.freep.com/article/20131030/NEWS01/310300124/

We cannot imagine what her last few moments were like. I'm having a hard time dealing with this one.

very discouraged to see 'found deceased' when I logged in

I was really hoping Tiane would be home in time to take her children out for Hallowe'en

rest peacefully pretty lady

So sad. Wha a promising and beautiful young woman.

This makes me so sad...and MAD! What a loss. She sounds like a remarkable young woman.

My prayers to her family. My heart breaks for them. R.IP. Tiane.

Just weeks before her body was discovered in a vacant lot near Detroit’s long-shuttered Packard plant, the Wayne State University Law School student discussed the city’s pervasive violence and her desire to get rid of it.

“We want to help the children growing up in the city. My cousin was killed in Detroit. He was 25. ... Seeing his life taken away makes you realize how short life is,” Brown said in a law school article that was to be published this week. “ You need to live each day like it’s your last. That has helped me keep my focus. I stay involved because I want to make a difference.”

Brown had a master’s degree in biomedical engineering, a master’s in business administration and a bachelor’s degree in biology. She clerked at a law firm and once worked as a biomechanical engineer for a defense contractor and as an emergency technician at a local hospital. Outside work, she was on the advisory board for the nonprofit group DevelopingKIDS.

http://www.freep.com/article/20131030/NEWS01/310300124/missing-student-wayne-state-body-found

This makes me so sad...and MAD! What a loss. She sounds like a remarkable young woman.

My prayers to her family. My heart breaks for them. R.IP. Tiane.

Just weeks before her body was discovered in a vacant lot near Detroit’s long-shuttered Packard plant, the Wayne State University Law School student discussed the city’s pervasive violence and her desire to get rid of it.

“We want to help the children growing up in the city. My cousin was killed in Detroit. He was 25. ... Seeing his life taken away makes you realize how short life is,” Brown said in a law school article that was to be published this week. “ You need to live each day like it’s your last. That has helped me keep my focus. I stay involved because I want to make a difference.”

Brown had a master’s degree in biomedical engineering, a master’s in business administration and a bachelor’s degree in biology. She clerked at a law firm and once worked as a biomechanical engineer for a defense contractor and as an emergency technician at a local hospital. Outside work, she was on the advisory board for the nonprofit group DevelopingKIDS.

http://www.freep.com/article/20131030/NEWS01/310300124/missing-student-wayne-state-body-found

Oh man. :( She managed to have three children while obtaining two master's degrees and a bachelor's degree ... what amazing accomplishments. And then to have her life end this way. It just makes me so darn angry.

"Sometimes you are delayed where you are because God knows there's a storm where you're headed. Be Grateful."

Per Tiane's FB page. Her poor little ones!

No! No! No!!!

*storming mad! Off to throw a temper tantrum, and cry*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

“I really feel like my whole career, I hadn’t been around a student quite like this before." said law professor Katherine White, "She had incredible leadership skills, incredibly intelligent, hard working.”
It’s why Wayne State University will be honoring Brown with a posthumous degree, as well as giving her three children the education their mother never got to finish.
“If they desire to come to Wayne State, they will do so without having to pay anything.” said Wayne State University President M. Roy Wilson.

“She really symbolized a lot of hope for the future." said White, "And so it’s going to be difficult, but we’ll help each other.”

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/murder...-offers-her-children-full-rides#ixzz2jIby9ERy

-----------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000
Back