MI - Updates On Stanley Case-2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First let me thank everyone for their prayers prior to and after my surgery. I am now at home trying to recuperate and get my strength back. The surgery was complex but with the Lords help I'll should be able to be around a few years longer. If anyone has heard anything please advise.

I'm glad your home bumblebug and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Welcome back bumblebug!!!!

Unfortunately, this thread has been quiet while you were gone. So, I can assume nothing happened or I would have thought at the least HAWG would have said something.

Or, she was just waiting for you so you could relax after the surgery.

I'm sure if there was anything earth shattering, we would have heard!!

Glad everything went well, sorry I havent been posting I have been trying to get ready for Ashleys wedding in July. Alot of trips to Hobby Lobby if you know what I mean. I had alot of friends in the flood in Columbus, Indiana also plus I started a new job so I hope guys understand. I really havent heard anything at all. I hate the new PI I cant find anything, I will get use to it.LOL Things around here have been non-stop. I will let you know if I find anything out.

Hawg, it sounds like you have really been busy! Hang in there and let us know if you happen upon any new information.

HAWG
First of all, congratulate Ashley on her upcoming marriage. I'm sure you know I wish her the very best. Regarding the case, the only thing I can say at this time is that the case remains as much as a mystery as ever.
If the police had done anything close to what they should have, everything would have been over now one way or the other. I just can't imagine how difficult it is to be in jail waiting for trial. Take care and thanks for everyones best wishes.

I just got a letter from one of the players saying the pre-trial is set for Sep 15th at 1:30 p.m. and that the trial is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on October 13th. The letter also affirms that James still says that he had nothing to do with Erin's death. Anyone else out there have any ideas?

I really can't believe they have enough evidence to send James to trial.

McDraw
I have read thousands of postings on the Internet about this case as well as lots of other material.
For now I concur with your statement.

I really can't believe they have enough evidence to send James to trial.

:clap::clap::clap: I third your post :)

I hope that the jury sees what we do- Its a shame that there are 2 dead sisters, but SOMEONE had to kill Erin. That is the only thing that bothers me about proclaiming his 100% innocense. Im at about 95% right now :confused: Hope that makes sense. :crazy:

:clap::clap::clap: I third your post :)

I hope that the jury sees what we do- Its a shame that there are 2 dead sisters, but SOMEONE had to kill Erin. That is the only thing that bothers me about proclaiming his 100% innocense. Im at about 95% right now :confused: Hope that makes sense. :crazy:

I understand what you are saying. I keep thinking maybe Erin had a seizure too. Then again I think it's too coincindental that both sisters died within such a short time of each other. I can't remember if toxicoligy reports were done on the sisters. So I'm not 100% either.

I understand what you are saying. I keep thinking maybe Erin had a seizure too. Then again I think it's too coincindental that both sisters died within such a short time of each other. I can't remember if toxicoligy reports were done on the sisters. So I'm not 100% either.

I'm pretty certain toxicology reports were done on both girls. They came back clear.

The autopsy report determined Erin was strangled. Now we need to know, by who?

miss vegemite
I believe you are correct about the toxicology report. Both girls came back negative. For the record there are a few things that continue to bother me a great deal about this case. (1) There is no documentation regarding the police talking to Kelly. I would think they would want this documented since they asked for per password so they could gain access to Erin's "My Space" page. (2) What would James' motive be. I can understand how James and Erin might have a problem with her parents or vice versa but what would James gain by strangling Erin. I think it has also been established that James and Erin had sex that evening. I suspect that is why the defense wanted the bottom bed sheet tested. As we all know the local police did not want to test the bottom bed sheet. (3) Why was so little attention paid to making sure the body and evidence was preserved (Lead investigator said Erin's clothes are missing) (The Stanley's said one month after Erin's death they took the mattress to the dump to get rid of it. They also said no one asked them to preserve it. The top sheet and blanket are missing and lastly no sexual assault kit was ran at the autopsy, the body was not combed for DNA type materials like fiber, hair etc, and no scrapings were taken from under Erin's fingernails ...even though the pathologist told the lead investigator and coroner that Erin had apparently been strangled. I am looking forward to see what the test tell us.

First of all, Bumblebug, bice to see you back- How are you feeling? Well, I hope. :blowkiss: Your post makes sense as always, but Im curious as to the fact that you said they had sex that night. Is this in a public record somewhere, or just speculation? Not that I care if they did, and I wouldnt be surprised- They were two yound kids in love. A few months ago I mentioned maybe this was auto-erotic asphyxiation gone bad? Maybe they were into into that type of thing, and it went too far?

You would be surprised how many people actually do that- It is a scary, sexual game to play, but that's what makes it more erotic to some :eek:. They get off accomplishing it at the perfect timing (usually,unfortunately, right before death). It is more common than the average person thinks (I know I was shocked!) I heard a news program on Dateline a few years ago. if anyone thinks this may be the case, I will look up some stats- I don't want to sound crazy, but something like this could easily be the missing piece to this wierd puzzle. Plus it would account for the bruising she had around her throat.

Not sure this means anything, but I could have sworn I read she had sweatpants on when they found her (and she had soiled them during death). :waitasec:

Chicogirl, yes, apparently she was wearing sweatpants. I also wonder about auto-erotic asphyxiation and if this was what happened. But considering she was wearing her sweatpants, it seems less likely in my mind. I am inclined to think that for whatever reason, James was seething mad that night. I tend to think he strangled Erin in a rage, not premeditated. He probably freaked out afterwards and called out to Erins's parents.... I can't really believe any other scenario. I have no idea what his motive was without knowing more about his personality and their relationship.

I agree with Bumblebug though, the police have done a very shoddy job. To not take DNA from Erin is unbelievable.

Chicogirl36
As you know not everything is in the paper (especially if it is Richmond, Indiana). To the best of my knowledge the having sex comment is not speculation. That's all I can say.
Miss Vegemite
As I understand it, by the time she arrived for the autopsy she did not have her clothes. I don't recall the staff at the hospital being told to preserve anything. I think at the bond hearing that question was asked of both the attending doctor and the lead investigtor...but don't me to that.
Miss Vegemite
I don't recall any testimony that said James was mad that night at anyone. Both Mr. and Mrs Stanley said there was no anger displayed, no threats made nor any tension in the house when everyone went to bed. Also it was the Stanleys that were out drinking the night before. During the bond hearing it was also mentioned that another couple not from Centerville mentioned to the Stanleys that they needed to get a hold of their anger before going home...or word to that affect. Even though Mr. Stanley said he drank only two or three beers that evening, Mrs Stanley said he drank 10 beers in the 1 to 2 hours they were there. I wonder who slept on the couch after that testimony. I seem to recall they were not sleeping in the same room the night Erin died. I think Mrs. Stanley slept down the hall in the living room.
Lastly, I think it's obvious that local law enforcement was ill prepared to handle a case like this one. Take Care and again thanks for your prayers. Please pray for Alexis as well. She certainly has lost the most.

Has anyone out there heard anything. It sure has been quiet. Perhaps we'll learn something in September at the pre-trial.

Hello, bumblebug
We havent heard anything for awhile but I didnt expect to here much. I think that they are hopeing that all the publicity will die down so they dont look soo bad. jmo
Ashley got married over the weekend, it was very warm but beautiful. Alot of work, I had forgotten how much.
Have you heard anything from James? How is holding up?

HAWG

Got a letter yesterday. I think he is holding up reasonably well considering the situation. He is still in isolation at his own request. He said he did not want any trouble to find him before his pretrial and trial. I think he is for the most part looking forward to getting this over with so he can get on with his life. I get the impression that he feels that the mishandling of his case will help his position a great deal. For now I think that's all should say.

Please tell Ashley that I wish her the very best. She has worked hard and deserves much happiness.

Take Care

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back