GUILTY MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently they think that Spenser is responsible. They are enititled to that opinion, there was no definitive proof of Stewart's guilt, it was largely based on Spenser's allegations.

It depends on what is on the posters, if it just a reminder to keep an eye open for clues that is fine, but if they are harking on Stewart as the killer, then that serves no purpose other than to harrass his family (which might well be the point of the posters).

Apparently they think that Spenser is responsible. They are enititled to that opinion, there was no definitive proof of Stewart's guilt, it was largely based on Spenser's allegations.

It depends on what is on the posters, if it just a reminder to keep an eye open for clues that is fine, but if they are harking on Stewart as the killer, then that serves no purpose other than to harrass his family (which might well be the point of the posters).

What???

The point of the posters is to find VENUS!

And there was a lot of evidence besides Ricky's testimony.

YouTube videos show Doug Stewart's parents taking down Venus Stewart search fliers near Fulton (with video)

Three videos posted today on YouTube show Doug Stewart's parents tearing down fliers hung by family and friends of Venus Stewart alerting residents and hunters to be on the lookout for clues that may lead to the recovery of her body.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/11/youtube_videos_show_doug_stewa.html

This makes me ILL!!!!

Remember it was not Ricky who was TAPED at the Wal-Mart in Ohio buying a shovel, a hat, gloves, and a tarp. Doug was! That receipt was found in his vehicle. The tarp wrapping was found in Venus' parents' yard.
The tire tread found in the field across from Venus' parents' home matched Doug's truck tires.
Oh and then there were the pay as you go cell phones that DOUG bought.

I'm sure there was more but I'm going from memory. Ricky was nowhere near Michigan when Venus was abducted.
He was taped at an ATM, in Doug's apartment building, and he went in to pay a bill for Doug. All part of the plan. His testimony matched all the physical evidence.

Doug was convicted of murder. Not only because of Ricky's testimony. Because of the facts of the case. People are not convicted from witness testimony alone. They had plenty on Doug.

There is no way Doug's parents believe Ricky killed Venus.

They know what there son did.

Doug Stewart's mother, Karol Stewart, defended her actions and the actions of her husband and said that the couple only took down "nasty" fliers that directly targeted their son and referred to him as a murderer.

She said they left other fliers alone.

venusq.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/11/youtube_videos_show_doug_stewa.html

Well, he IS a convicted murderer!
I see nothing wrong with the fliers.

I think we all want to know where Doug hid the lifeless body of his children's mother.

Well, he IS a convicted murderer!
I see nothing wrong with the fliers.

I think we all want to know where Doug hid the lifeless body of his children's mother.

I don't see anything "wrong" with them and I have spent MANY hours looking at maps, good places to hide a body, trying to figure out where Venus could be. I absolutely want that.

I just don't think it's the most effective use of the space on the flier. Doug isn't going to see it.
They could have used that space to give specifics on what to look for (other than the obvious) and/or make the text bigger.
3 phone numbers is probably a bit much to have on there. Someone calling can leave a message and a 3rd person could call them back.

That would seem like a more effective use of space to me.

But then again, that's what I do... obsessively compulsively find the most effective way to use space.
On paper, when taking a picture, when organizing the house.
It's all just my opinion, from a obsessive, compulsive, logical, point of view.

This is what I mean:

venus3.jpg

Like I said, just my opinion. That's how I probably would do it with just the information they had on there.
I might add specifics to look for as well. It doesn't mean the one they have won't work. :seeya:

He is the killer. They just need to suck it up. And look at their statement, they visited Doug and he is doing fine. Well bully for them. Venus isn't doing fine, she was murdered and tossed away like garbage. Poor Venus looks like she married into a whack job family and didn't have a chance. jmo

He is the killer. They just need to suck it up. And look at their statement, they visited Doug and he is doing fine. Well bully for them. Venus isn't doing fine, she was murdered and tossed away like garbage. Poor Venus looks like she married into a whack job family and didn't have a chance. jmo

I thought you were talking about Susan Powell for a minute. :waitasec:

The similarities are quite strong... Josh and Doug are a lot alike. Frightening.

I don't see anything "wrong" with them and I have spent MANY hours looking at maps, good places to hide a body, trying to figure out where Venus could be. I absolutely want that.

I just don't think it's the most effective use of the space on the flier. Doug isn't going to see it.
They could have used that space to give specifics on what to look for (other than the obvious) and/or make the text bigger.
3 phone numbers is probably a bit much to have on there. Someone calling can leave a message and a 3rd person could call them back.

That would seem like a more effective use of space to me.

But then again, that's what I do... obsessively compulsively find the most effective way to use space.
On paper, when taking a picture, when organizing the house.
It's all just my opinion, from a obsessive, compulsive, logical, point of view.

This is what I mean:

venus3.jpg

Like I said, just my opinion. That's how I probably would do it with just the information they had on there.
I might add specifics to look for as well. It doesn't mean the one they have won't work. :seeya:

Ok I get that.

But Venus is their daughter and I will not criticize how they make up a flyer begging people to look for their daughter.
I'm sure this is the first and only time they have ever had to do such a thing. IMO we shouldn't expect them to know the correct or most effective ways to use the space.

Ok I get that.

But Venus is their daughter and I will not criticize how they make up a flyer begging people to look for their daughter.
I'm sure this is the first and only time they have ever had to do such a thing. IMO we shouldn't expect them to know the correct or most effective ways to use the space.

I'm not criticizing. I'm saying that removing that part from the flier could accomplish two things.

A.) Use space more effectively and increase the odds of people reading it and finding something.

B.) Prevent the fliers from being torn down, so not wasting their money and time in printing and putting them up.

I actually only showed an example in case they ARE reading here. To try and assist them with ways to better use that space.

I promise that any post I ever make is made with an intent to help somewhere behind it. Especially if I make a visual aid to go with it. :seeya:
If I feel the urge to criticize a victim's innocent family or friends, I leave the computer for a while. I am here to help, not criticize.

I thought you were talking about Susan Powell for a minute. :waitasec:

The similarities are quite strong... Josh and Doug are a lot alike. Frightening.

I know, the same thought ran through my head when I wrote it, I am sure I probably wrote it somewhere on Susan's thread too.

I was going to disregard this... until I realized, it is not even an hour out of the way.
To stop in "Douglas" or "Thomas" on your way to Newport News, does not even add an hour to your drive.

And.... Douglas? Really? The irony would be incredible. I can see Doug doing something like that.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...Vk1wgnuwiTEby8gD7FV-7A&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

I know... it's too far... I know he wouldn't have gone that far with a body... I know I know I know.

But I'm going to hope anyway. She needs to be found.

Sorry... forgot the link.

http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/...n-5-news-human-remains-found-in-tucker-county

I was going to disregard this... until I realized, it is not even an hour out of the way.
To stop in "Douglas" or "Thomas" on your way to Newport News, does not even add an hour to your drive.

And.... Douglas? Really? The irony would be incredible. I can see Doug doing something like that.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...Vk1wgnuwiTEby8gD7FV-7A&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

I know... it's too far... I know he wouldn't have gone that far with a body... I know I know I know.

But I'm going to hope anyway. She needs to be found.

Was there a body found there recently?

Oh I wouldn't put it past DS to have dumped Venus there. After he couldn't place her were he originally planned, he may have decided to get the heck out of the area!

Praying for the family of this deceased person, no matter who it may be.

But gosh, I pray daily that Venus is found.

Remember it was not Ricky who was TAPED at the Wal-Mart in Ohio buying a shovel, a hat, gloves, and a tarp. Doug was! That receipt was found in his vehicle. The tarp wrapping was found in Venus' parents' yard.
The tire tread found in the field across from Venus' parents' home matched Doug's truck tires.
Oh and then there were the pay as you go cell phones that DOUG bought.

I'm sure there was more but I'm going from memory. Ricky was nowhere near Michigan when Venus was abducted.
He was taped at an ATM, in Doug's apartment building, and he went in to pay a bill for Doug. All part of the plan. His testimony matched all the physical evidence.

Doug was convicted of murder. Not only because of Ricky's testimony. Because of the facts of the case. People are not convicted from witness testimony alone. They had plenty on Doug.

There is no way Doug's parents believe Ricky killed Venus.

They know what there son did.

I haven't seen the Wal-Mart video so I can't say if it was him or not. I do know that typically those sorts of video are not clear enough to identify anyone conclusively, so until I see it I'll have doubts about it.

The shovel, hat, gloves and tarp were not found. Surely he would have kept some of those things if he was careless enough to leave the reciept and tarp packaging lying around, particularly the hat and gloves...where are they?

The tarp packaging was presented to LE by the father. If it was found by LE I would be more inclined to consider it, but the providence is tainted because of who provided it. There is no way of knowing if that was the tarp packaging from the video. If it was from unrelated material previously handled by DS that would be one explanation for the fingerprint. The cover was not definitively linked to Ohio.

The video of "Spenser" in Virginia was obscured. They relied on Spenser to say it was him.

The eye witness testimony of Spencer at the Law office was from someone who had seen neither man before and was collected some time after the event. Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable under those circumstances.

The purpchase of the cell phones suffers from the same issue. It was based on the recollection of a salesperson many weeks after the event. And in any case Spenser was known to have visited DS. Who is to say that he didn't take the cell phones?

Remember, there was the mysterious man who took the midnight swim in the lake near the scene the day before who bears an uncanny resemblance to Spenser. What are the odds of that?

The tire tracks were not matched to DS's vehicle, they were just judged to be the same make. No physical evidence connecting the vehicle to the scene was uncovered. The truck was found some blocks away from where DS lived. What would be the point of that? Surely it would be more logical to leave the vehicle where it was normaly found, unless whoever had it didnt have access to that parking area (which I presume is keyed).

Depending on the clarity of the video involved (which would clear up who was where), the alternative scenario is that Spencer is a nut who took it upon himself to solve DS's problem when he visited DS. In that situation what could DS do? If he says nothing he gets charged with murder, and if he says what Spenser did, then he still gets charged with murder since no one would believe that he wasn't in on it.

Most of the evidence against DS was testimony from Spencer. If Spencer was the one who did it then of course he would know the details, and of course the details would match the other evidence. How did they find Spencer? Did they do a search on his home? How did they get him to talk?, because we know he didn't come to them. That was something not explored, and it seems to me that it is very relevant to the case.

Remember, DS did not present a defence at trial, nor publically before or after, so we have no way of knowing what his story is. He took the effort to try to get custody of the kids. What was the deal with that? Then there is the frankly bizarre behaviour of VS's father. If the evidence against DS was so conclusive (and remember that the results of the investigation have to be made available to the defence) what would be the point of going to trial pleading not guilty, and then not mounting a defence? Surely it would make more sense in that case to take a deal in exchange for the location of the body, claim emotional irrationality and get a lesser sentence that let him out of prison eventually, instead of a life sentence. It doesn't make sense. And why was there basically no defence? They didn't seem to challenge any of the states evidence, even though much of it was very weak. They didn't seem to do anything. The only thing that makes sense is that they were blindsided and felt that the only option open to them was to appeal on procedural grounds to get a new trial, and they didnt want to present their case until that happened.

The whole investigation and subsequent trial seemed odd to me. Right from the start they immediately focussed on DS even though he was living halfway across the country. The whole point of the investigation appeared to be to convict DS, not investigate the case. I could accept that they might eventually get there, but not that they would head there immediately and not look at anything else. Then there was the trial itself. The overall weak nature of the evidence, the bizarre allegations (which IMO situations like that require a higher level of proof) of conduct, the allegations that evidence was not presented to the defence, or not in a timely manner and then the complete failure to defend in trial.

The whole thing just did not seem particularly solid to me, and very strange, so I am left wondering.

I have seen the video. It was him. They also had video of his truck entering the parking lot.

The gloves (or at least 1 glove) was found in his vehicle along with the receipt from the Wal-Mart.

The tarp wrapper was shown to LE by her father because it was in his yard. And yes, it was linked by the code on the wrapper to the receipt from the Wal-Mart.

The videos were definitely NOT Doug in Virginia because he could not have been on those videos and at the Wal-Mart at the same time.

Early in a case, there are a lot of tips that don't pan out. Someone reported seeing the man at the lake because they thought it may be connected. It was not.

The truck was found several blocks from DS's apartment because he didn't want it found. Pretty simple concept.

No defense? Ummm I'm guessing they couldn't argue video tapes and receipts!
Just my opinion.

What are you calling bizarre behavior from Venus' dad?

They focused on him due to previous threats.

He was CONVICTED. He is GUILTY.
He KILLER his children's mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38