GUILTY MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doug Stewart cell phone used outside Venus Stewart's parents' home on morning she disappeared

Published: Wednesday, March 09, 2011, 6:27 PM By Rex Hall Jr. | Kalamazoo Gazette

On the morning Venus Stewart disappeared, a cellular phone purchased by her estranged husband at a Hampton, Va., Walmart was used to call her parents' Colon Township home, a Michigan State Police detective testified Wednesday.

The call, which was made at 7:17 a.m. on April 26, hit off a cellular tower near Colon, not far from the Driftwood Drive residence of Stewart's parents, Therese and Larry McComb, Detective Sgt. Shane Kriger said under questioning from St. Joseph County Prosecutor John McDonough.

Criger was the last witness called Wednesday during testimony in the trial of Doug Stewart.

more at link
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/03/doug_stewart-bought_cell_phone.html

Wow!!!!
:smile:

Wow is right. Without Venus it would normally be a hard case to try, and I wasn't all that hopeful with just CE.

But apparently Doug isn't the brightest. He clued them in with phone calls all the way to MI and back.
Not to mention choosing a squawking accomplice.

Today you could just see the defense almost begging for them to oust the maps. It was like a picture of the ship sinking.

(but all it takes is 1 juror with doubt)

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a case with so much evidence. And he thought he was so smart.

At this point - it's overwhelming against Doug Stewart. IMO

If I was on this jury and had never heard a word about this case prior to this trial - I would vote guilty. No question about it in my mind.

The pros rested, the defense rested. They've all left the room, but the live feed is still on and the gallery is discussing this and that.
Someone ought to tell them shhh.

I've watched the whole trial. Doug's toast. I expect the jury to begin deliberations this evening, and resume tomorrow morning. Probably be found guilty tomorrow.

People say that the case is circumstantial. Well, the circumstances aren't in Doug's favor. Just no doubt he did this.

His rebuttal was righteous.

I was surprised that the Schroders didn't even put on a defense. Well, other than objecting to everything entered as evidence.

Not even one witness.

Really, what kind of defense could he put on? This case is as solid as any I can ever remember. I can't even think of anything the defense could say. I don't see how it could take the jury very long to decide.

But I can't picture a time when he will ever tell where Venus is...

Doug Stewart's fate in jury's hands

Published : Friday, 11 Mar 2011, 7:00 AM EST

By Dani Carlson

CENTREVILLE, Mich. (WOOD) - Beginning Friday, 12 people will decide whether Doug Stewart killed his wife, Venus, in April 2010, and buried her body where it has not been found. The jury, selected in mid-February, sat through dozens of prosecution witnesses since the trial began Feb. 23. They heard no witnesses for the defense.

After the final witness was called Thursday, prosecutor John McDonough and defense attorney Jeffrey Schroder made their closing arguments to the men and women who will decide Doug's fate.

Judge Paul Stutesman gave them their instructions and told them to begin deliberations at 8:30 a.m.
snipped..........

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Doug-Stewart-murder-trial-March-11-2011

Praying for justice for Venus and her parents and children today

Camera is back on in the courtroom, fixed on the State of Michigan Seal, not sure what this means.

Does the jury have a question?
Did the jury reach a verdict?

Guess we will find out shortly (yes, I am getting anxious!)

Court is back in session and on the record.

The judge has announced the jury has reached a verdict.

The jury is making their way back into the courtroom.

Count #1 GUILTY 1st degree murder

Count #2 GUILTY Conspir to commit murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pam1420