Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 2 *D. Stewart guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Puff - do we know how Venus got home - both vehicles were found with hubby. Do you think she was picked up by someone?

The property the home is on is quite large - no wonder no one heard Venus scream.

We've not heard how she got home. I'd guess that someone in her family came and got her. That is a question I'd like answered, too.

c.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/venus stewart/crankycrankerson/Venus Stewart/c.jpg?o=39

I do not know how she got home this time but according to this document she has flown before and he followed.

Great find.

I just looked at airfare to Grand Rapids MI from Norfolk VA, and it would have run about $350/person so that would be $1050 for her and the two girls.

http://www.thedailyreporter.com/features/x1394812175/BHS-grad-may-have-been-abducted

Police said she may be in the company of Douglas Harrie Stewart, 29. 
He is a white male, 5 feet, 11 inches tall and 250 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

So I guess he's not 5'7...

Has anybody posted whether or not DS was ever active in the any of the branches of the armed forces? If not, maybe it's something to check out. And if so, whether he was honorably discharged, or if he had any issues.

I thought that comment about Venus draining "his" bank account, very interesting as it hadn't been out on the news. This person must have some inside information.

Some of the locals and family members of DS and VS have probably posted comments to some of these articles, but I wouldn't put too much weight on anything you read in the comments, I am sure there is some truth mixed in but I would want to hear it from a reputable news source before I put too much thought into it. They are interesting to read though.

She did buy clothes for the kids. She stopped at a Walmart after she left and bought some clothes.

$1200 isn't a lot of money, especially if you plan on hiring a lawyer and filing for divorce. And with winter turning to spring, the children probably do need clothes.

You are right, $1200 isn't a lot of money. Nor is it a lot of savings for a family of 4. They must have been living lean with the rent prices that were posted from these high rise apartments.

How much money can you possibly make delivering food to restaurants? If DS did this, there will be a paper trail somewhere.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

Both protection orders obtained by the Stewarts in 2008 were dismissed that October.
Court records also show that Douglas Stewart filed for divorce from his wife in September 2007 and again in July 2008, but both divorce petitions were eventually dismissed.

I am trying to make some logical sense of some of this...

Let's assume (as several of you already do) that DS is a sick, crazed, violent spouse abuser who controls VS to the point that she is afraid for her life and wants to run away, as VS alleges, and DS wants nothing more than to keep VS from leaving him.

Well, then why would he spend the money to hire up a lawyer and file for divorce against her...not once, but twice? It's not cheap to file when you have 2 children. Most lawyers want a $2500 retainer upfront for divorce proceedings where children are involved if they are any good. If he was really one of these "if I can't have you, no one will" type of people then it doesn't make much sense that he'd file for divorce, it would almost be counterproductive to his goals if that's really how DS is. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks all. :)

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

Both protection orders obtained by the Stewarts in 2008 were dismissed that October.
Court records also show that Douglas Stewart filed for divorce from his wife in September 2007 and again in July 2008, but both divorce petitions were eventually dismissed.

Let's assume (as several of you already do) that DS is a sick, crazed, violent spouse abuser who controls VS to the point that she is afraid for her life and wants to run away, as VS alleges, and DS wants nothing more than to keep VS from leaving him.

Well, then why would he spend the money to hire up a lawyer and file for divorce against her...not once, but twice? It's not cheap to file when you have 2 children. Most lawyers want a $2500 retainer upfront for divorce proceedings where children are involved if they are any good. If he was really one of these "if I can't have you, no one will" type of people then it doesn't make much sense that he'd file for divorce, it would almost be counterproductive to his goals if that's really how DS is. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks all. :)

Excellent point. I'm not getting that he is a crazed stalker type at all. She is the one with the domestic violence charges, not him. And I'm not convinced a crime has even occurred at this point. Maybe I'm jaded because of the Tehan case. I don't understand the rush to judgment and the assumption that it has to be the ex so quickly in this case, especially when there was the weird wet guy the dad exonerated so quickly. Oh, and crouching dude.
If there were a struggle, I would think at least one of VS's slippers would have come off, especially if she was kicking high up on the propane tank. Let's say the kidnapper is a nice guy and picks it up for her. Is he going to do that but leave the tarp packaging that has his prints on it behind? I will feel terrible if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure there wasn't a lot of staging in this case.

This one, again, has "MAY HAVE BEEN ABDUCTED" "MAY HAVE BEEN KILLED" in huge letters stamped on it, but again, I don't see either of those phrases in the warrant. wth?? Again, *very* misleading.

vssearchwarrant.jpg

I don't understand why this news station would do this.

If there has been any "rush to judgment" of the husband here, it's because this story seems to fit a very, very familiar narrative: rocky marriage, woman tries to escape it, man's pride is fatally damaged, violence ensues. How many times have we seen this? Tragically, too many times to count.

Now, does this mean this is necessarily what happened in this case? Absolutely not!! It's possible that VS is the baddie, she tormented him, abused him, ran away to her parents, and was abducted by a stranger. Or is even hiding in Miami Beach! Totally possible.

Fact is, the information coming out on this case has been really irregular and weird. Two different police departments reporting to various little TV stations, is what it looks like to me -- no serious reporter has tried to put together a definitive version of events. And NG? Who knows where she is getting her info.

My money is on that this story is exactly what the parents say it is -- domestic abuse gone very bad. However, I'm just a person on the internet. I admit I'm going by a lot of gut feeling: DS strikes me that way. But I know I could be very very wrong.

We're suffering from a painful lack of info.

I sure Hope Monday we hear something ... anything ! I am going to go batty ...

This is a mess....

After reading alot of the comments that have been showing up on the news articles it would appear they both had issues, if the comments can be believed.

My brothers ex-wife was abusive to him she is like 5'1 and a whoppin 115lbs, she would wack him on the head w/ a cast iron skillet among other things, and when he would hold her so she wouldnt hit him again she would break free and call LE on him and he'd be arrested, that went on for years until he left ....

Then you have my ex bf who when he would start smacking me around I would manage to get to the phone and call 911, he would rip the phone out of my hand and start telling the 911 operator that I was trying to kill him and I was suicidal and when LE would arrive they would haul my bum out of the house like I was the one who assaulted him! I mean he would be sitting on me and I would have a fat lip bruises and they still hauled me off because they believed him.
The CRAZY WOMAN, that most abusers like to portray their victims to be and they do a good job convincing people.

So it is hard to say really what the case may be here, it could be a little of both. The one thing I do know is that she was granted a protective order against him which are not easy to get, she was awarded temporary full custody of the kids and now she just happens to be missing with signs of a struggle in the yard.

moo of course ....

Assuming Douglas is a spouse abuser, a bully - he would stop at nothing to gain control. Filing for divorce on 'his' terms with 'himself' in charge gives him the control he needs to have at the time.

Spending money to get that control is irrelevant for the abuser - whatever it takes, including murder, is what he resorts to. Add to the pot, violence, arrogance, narcissism, the obsession to control, and manipulative behaviors - you have the recipe for murder.moo

The whole business of control is an obsession that can lead to murder. The survivor of the obsession should truly be congratulated. moo

Or is even hiding in Miami Beach! Totally possible.

sbm

Her best bet to stay alive would've been to take off some place other then where he knows she is (parents) & I do believe she was desperate enough to fake a kidnap/murder but what about the hysterics of her mother?..I suppose it's possible nobody told her of the plan or she's really that good of an actor?

The kids are now supposedly in "hiding" but who's to say they didn't meet up with mom with the help of her father or both her parents? That would be easy enough to do too except I assume LE must know where they are & have made contact with them..That still doesn't mean tho it can't or won't happen in the future.

Assuming Douglas is a spouse abuser, a bully - he would stop at nothing to gain control. Filing for divorce on 'his' terms with 'himself' in charge gives him the control he needs to have at the time.

Spending money to get that control is irrelevant for the abuser - whatever it takes, including murder, is what he resorts to. Add to the pot, violence, arrogance, narcissism, the obsession to control, and manipulative behaviors - you have the recipe for murder.moo

The whole business of control is an obsession that can lead to murder. The survivor of the obsession should truly be congratulated. moo

You definitely get it!

Oh, you forgot 'lawyers up' and 'stops talking to LE,' oh and last but not least, has buddies or even himself, posting on the internet to make it appear the victim is NOT a victim at all.

JMHO
fran

PS....pity, the Tehan-effect seems to be budding nicely. :(

If there has been any "rush to judgment" of the husband here, it's because this story seems to fit a very, very familiar narrative: rocky marriage, woman tries to escape it, man's pride is fatally damaged, violence ensues. How many times have we seen this? Tragically, too many times to count.

Now, does this mean this is necessarily what happened in this case? Absolutely not!! It's possible that VS is the baddie, she tormented him, abused him, ran away to her parents, and was abducted by a stranger. Or is even hiding in Miami Beach! Totally possible.

Fact is, the information coming out on this case has been really irregular and weird. Two different police departments reporting to various little TV stations, is what it looks like to me -- no serious reporter has tried to put together a definitive version of events. And NG? Who knows where she is getting her info.

My money is on that this story is exactly what the parents say it is -- domestic abuse gone very bad. However, I'm just a person on the internet. I admit I'm going by a lot of gut feeling: DS strikes me that way. But I know I could be very very wrong.

We're suffering from a painful lack of info.
Same here, my "gut feeling" is pretty strong on this one and very hard to ignore. It may be because I have had experience with this sort of relationship and some of the behaviors are unmistakable. I hope I am wrong, I would like for Venus to be somewhere safe and alive, but everything within me says that's not the case, this time.

SFT, I so agree with you.

Anyone who's ever had intimate knowledge of domestic violence--whether through their own marriage or by being close to the abuser/victim--knows that everything about this marriage screams domestic violence and spousal abuse.

Were it not for Venus being abducted and likely murdered, she would be able to call herself a SURVIVOR of domestic violence. Now she's another statistic, sadly, more than likely at the hands of her controlling, abusive husband who could not let her "win" at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member