Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 2 *D. Stewart guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true. If the vehicles turn up no evidence and the husbands alibi holds up they will drop him as a POI and turn the investigation elsewhere.

It would be somewhat more murky if the vehicles do turn up evidence but the alibi holds up. What then? The question then would become does the evidence relate to the incident under investigation or does it come from unrelated things. For example, they were married and lived together for a long period of time, so evidence that she was in the vehicles directly or indirectly at some point has to be there. That would make interpretation difficult.

I think the pivotal question is going to be the alibi.

I agree - If he was at work, picking up the food, loading his truck, delivering to the restaurants on his route - there shouldn't be a problem clearing him. Just think of all the people who would have seen him and all the signatures he would have given. moo

He did. He made a statement that two people can verify that he was in Virginia.

He didn't say that only two people could though. If he was doing deliveries there would be people at the pickup points who would know him, and people at the dropoff points, who wouldn't know him. The deliveries themselves would still be verifiable, even if the folk taking them didn't take much note of who was doing the delivery. If he was going about his normal work schedule that day there are probably a lot more than two people who can verify that.

Well, he says he has an alibi and LE says he has an alibi.................so, does he?

Time will tell.

In the mean-time, I think I'd look at his bank records to see if there's been any $$ changing hands.

Just a thought.

JMHO
fran

PS.....does anyone know if his family has been over to lend support to Venus' family or visit the girls? Would be interesting.....fran

PS.....does anyone know if his family has been over to lend support to Venus' family or visit the girls? Would be interesting.....fran

Respectfully snipped...

Even though his father lives seven miles from Venus' parents, he's made no statements to the media.

I kinda feel sorry for his father. He seems like a simple man and seemed to love the kids in the videos that Doub posted on myspace. Breaks my heart seeing the video of the oldest daughter riding the tractor with her grandpa.

He didn't say that only two people could though. If he was doing deliveries there would be people at the pickup points who would know him, and people at the dropoff points, who wouldn't know him. The deliveries themselves would still be verifiable, even if the folk taking them didn't take much note of who was doing the delivery. If he was going about his normal work schedule that day there are probably a lot more than two people who can verify that.

Again, semantics.

If he were at work on the Monday that Venus disappeared, the truck and car would hold no evidence--unless he was stupid enough to hire a hitman and allow him to use his truck. As of now, the tire pattern on the Ram "generally matches" the impression found in the field across from Venus' house.

In no statements that Doug has made has he said, "I was at work." That would be easy to verify--yet no one, not LE not Doug, has said that he was at work on Monday.

Except that usually the reverse happens in a manipulative relationship. People are persuaded to abandon divorce proceedings because they "need" the person they are leaving.

I don't see how starting divorce proceedings could be used to manipulate someone. What could you possibly be trying to get them to do? If it was something they didnt want to do you would have just provided them an out. It would seem to be a very counterproductive strategy to me.

Suppose it rests in how a person starts divorce proceedings. Using the children as personal possessions/pawns to wield power and control is hardly giving a person a way out. An abusive person can turn divorce proceedings into a psychological trap - it's in their nature to do so. If the partner begins to see daylight in the marriage and is getting out - the abuser will sabotage the proceedings. moo Case after case here on WS show that to be the case. moo mho and all that stuff!

hmmmm....In her notes, Venus says she took $1200 out of the account....seems with $1200 she could buy clothes for the kids. She says she left with only the clothes on their backs and the money.
Was this before she went to Michigan? If so, do we know yet how she and the kids got there? I'm thinking maybe the money was for transportation. MOO

Here's another thing...

If Doug had been in Virginia, carrying on his life as usual, at work... why would he only have two alibi witnesses? Anyone who works as a delivery person would have a dozen or more alibi witnesses putting him in Virginia on Monday.

This is why I don't think that he went to work on Monday. He only has two alibi witnesses, and those two could be anybody.
It would be very useful if someone connected with Doug would say what his regular work schedule is. If he delivers food/supplies to restaurants, maybe he works weekends and Monday is an "off" day? :waitasec: MOO

Respectfully snipped...

Even though his father lives seven miles from Venus' parents, he's made no statements to the media.

I kinda feel sorry for his father. He seems like a simple man and seemed to love the kids in the videos that Doub posted on myspace. Breaks my heart seeing the video of the oldest daughter riding the tractor with her grandpa.

I agree - and if the background check I did is accurate, grandpa is going to be 65yo tomorrow, May 10th. This mess is NOT a fit birthday present. moo

Was this before she went to Michigan? If so, do we know yet how she and the kids got there? I'm thinking maybe the money was for transportation. MOO

I agree. Earlier in the thread, someone had checked on the cost to fly 3 people to Michigan and I think it came up to a little over $1,000.
Does not leave much for clothes, food, etc... IMO

#1. This investigation (in Michigan) is being done by the Michigan State Police because the area where this abduction occurred is in unincorporated Colon Township this is actually great for the victim. This is good because the MSP is very professionial and very thorough and they are not small town Barney Fife LE. They have their own superb forensics facilities and they have solved many, many tough cases. I'm confident they are doing all they can to find any evidence at this point. The problem is...they aren't coming up with much of anything yet unless something breaks soon. It will have been 2 weeks tomorrow. Aside from involving the FBI, it's in the right people's hands though.

#2. Ok, I get the fact that many of you are previous victims of spousal abuse because several of you point it out in your posts. I hate that you had to go through that. I'm guessing that your experiences have given you some good instincts that go off when you "hear" that certain aspects are involved in a case and I'm sure that more often than not, serves you well. But this is all based on one side of the story from the victim's family and not on any real evidence at this point. So call me skeptical.

If anyone other than DS is found to be responsible for this, are you going to feel horrible that you never fully considered the inconsistencies and questions that are being raised?

#3. My philosophy is this. If 95% of the people here are ready to hang the guy based solely on what was told to LE by the victim's family and what they heard on NG, what harm can it do to look for things that may point to him "NOT" being the one who did it? It's in no way an endorsement for DS. But shouldn't someone be looking the opposite direction? Whoever did it obviously needs to be held accountable. There are major hiccups with this case as it stands. That cannot be disputed.

#4. I asked about DS filing for divorce twice...and I really really wanted to put on the very end of that post..."and yes, I'm expecting a few of you to come back with (The Divorce IS the Control) or (He's a serial divorce abuser, jerk) and out of respect for those who have been abused, I refrained. But sure enough, it came right out that the crazy psycho must have filed for all these divorces to keep her from leaving...money being no object he kept his control over her, free to do what he...do you see what I am saying? That's not logical thinking.

There are several people in this post that get it, who can step back from this and look at it objectively, and not be offended by people posing questions that don't line up with their own opinions of the case. Put aside anything that may have happened in their own life and look at the facts and what makes sense and what doesn't. I applaud those posters.

DS could turn out to be a cold blooded wife killer. He may be every bit the monster VS made him out to be. But at this point, VS family are the only ones releasing all the info to the media and the LE. The cops have admittedly not much to work with. The cops did say they investigated VS allegations made in February and did not have sufficient evidence to find DS commited a crime at all. Yes she is the one missing. Yes it very heartbreaking and tragic if someone took her. It would be even more tragic if someone on here could have helped figure out this mystery but was too biased to offer substantive info.

These children, when they are older, I'm sure would say that they would have wanted EVERY question asked, EVERY witness questioned, and EVERY scenario worked through to find out how, why, and who did this to their Mommy. And if DS didn't do this, oh man, those grandparents are going to have a hard time getting any family court to allow them to see those grandbabies after this.

Hopefully she is in a motel hiding out somewhere. Otherwise, this is going to be tragic no matter how it ends.

I THINK, THEREFORE I AM

I agree - and if the background check I did is accurate, grandpa is going to be 65yo tomorrow, May 10th. This mess is NOT a fit birthday present. moo
It's also not what Venus' mother should be going through for Mothers' Day. :cry:

I agree. Earlier in the thread, someone had checked on the cost to fly 3 people to Michigan and I think it came up to a little over $1,000.
Does not leave much for clothes, food, etc... IMO
That's exactly what it sounds like the money went for. :( MOO

Also, I mentioned before wondering if DS had a military background at all? Is anyone finding anything on that? Is there a way to check it out?

It's also not what Venus' mother should be going through for Mothers' Day. :cry:

You are so right! How tragic that any mom has to spend this special day grieving the loss of her child.

I can say for myself, I am not a victim of prior abuse. Been with my hubby since I was 14. He is a very loving husband and father.

Therefore, it has not "clouded my ability to be objective". I think he's guilty of murder or he paid someone to murder her. My reasons...the way he's acted since she went missing.
HINKY!!!!

We all have the right to come to our own conclussions. If we turn out to be wrong, so be it.

He has been named a POI. That tells me LE also feels he may have been involved in some way. I think they use logical thinking.

I can say for myself, I am not a victim of prior abuse. Been with my hubby since I was 14. He is a very loving husband and father.

Therefore, it has not "clouded my ability to be objective". I think he's guilty of murder or he paid someone to murder her. My reasons...the way he's acted since she went missing.
HINKY!!!!

We all have the right to come to our own conclussions. If we turn out to be wrong, so be it.

He has been named a POI. That tells me LE also feels he may have been involved in some way. I think they use logical thinking.

Assuming he is innocent and accused of this...how should be behaving? He is the spouse. He is almost immediately a person of interest as is the spouse in ANY abduction as a matter of normal police procedure.

The cycle of domestic violence is very well established - it is taught in classrooms throughout the country. There are organizations throughout the country for women in need of help. Ongoing research exists. What seems to differ is the level of psychological terror and sadistic violence involved.

With that in mind - I'm not sure one has to experience the abuse itself in order to see it in others. However, those who have experienced and survived the cycle of abuse are able to nail the dynamics down perfectly when seeing it in others.

As for hanging this man for being guilty - he has been named a POI and his vehicles have been searched via search warrant. I doubt he would be our focus if LE didn't suspect him or if LE cleared him. Not sure who we should move on to - any ideas? moo

Assuming he is innocent and accused of this...how should be behaving? He is the spouse. He is almost immediately a person of interest as is the spouse in ANY abduction as a matter of normal police procedure.

Normal police procedure is to publicly name a spouse a POI?
Not the case in the cases I've followed thus far.

As a matter of fact, very few are actually NAMED a POI so early. And when they are, there is a reason, and most times they turn out to be the murderer.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member