Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 2 *D. Stewart guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if they can trace the tarp wrapping. they're not going to find the tarp because the perp wrapped the girl in it.

Surveillance cams between MI and VA:

surveillancecams.jpg

Credit: Screencap from NG show.

How long does it take to compare the tire treads of a truck with tracks? Anyone??

NG now has someone on the show demonstrating self-defense techniques for women.

Now back to something found in the driveway. A plastic wrapper that once contained a tarp. Dad didn't purchase it; says wind didn't blow it there. NG saying perp would've had to unwrap the tarp in the driveway, or it fell out of the truck.

My opinion...

Doug thinks that he's smarter than everyone... his wife, investigators, judges, etc... Thinks he had planned this down to the second, arranged alibis, was scot-free.

But that tarp wrapper that fell out of his truck--he didn't notice it--it's going to do him in.

I don't think so Panthera. I just heard today that the truck was hers.
I'd think she would've taken it if it was registered to her ~ unless he was using it at the time and she couldn't risk leaving at another time? But then again how did she get to Michigan? :waitasec:

I'd think she would've taken it if it was registered to her ~ unless he was using it at the time and she couldn't risk leaving at another time? But then again how did she get to Michigan? :waitasec:

It's getting late for me so my sarcasm may show, but I wish sheeba or sheena, I cant remember the name would call in and ask that question

Her mom may have picked her up .... my mom rescued me from an abusive relationship, drove for 3 hrs and swooped me up. I just left the car just about everything he was even holding my cat hostage ..... I went back months later when I knew he would be at work and took my cat and my vacuum......

It would be a good question for NG to ask

I would think she flew. A couple of things i am not up on.
Did the estranged husband fight her for custody of the kids?
Has Venus ever had emotional issues?
Why did she continue to return to him?
Are we sure this is a real abduction?

the mom didn't pick her up, she stated on NG she had never made the drive.

IDK, bus, plane ? One things for sure, she was desperate to get out of there.

It's getting late for me so my sarcasm may show, but I wish sheeba or sheena, I cant remember the name would call in and ask that question
It's Sheeba and I'm surprised she hasn't already! :)

How long does it take to compare the tire treads of a truck with tracks? Anyone??

I would think that is typical forensics. And that depends on the jurisdictional Lab

Usually that takes 4 to 6 weeks?

I do wonder though, since this has crossed state lines if the Feds are involved, they can get testing done much faster.

I would think she flew. A couple of things i am not up on.
Did the estranged husband fight her for custody of the kids?
Has Venus ever had emotional issues?
Why did she continue to return to him?Are we sure this is a real abduction?

the mom didn't pick her up, she stated on NG she had never made the drive.
BBM. I would say for the same reason that most abused women return to their abusers, low self esteem as a result of the abuse, financial reasons, the kids, (but most of all) they want to believe the abuser when he says it'll be different.

I'd like to know how Venus got back to Michigan. They say the truck was in her name, but Doug had possession of it...so, what gives ?

THAT is huge, in my opinion. 2005--it's possible that they were still paying notes on the truck and she didn't want to take the truck knowing that she was leaving and would not be able to get a job quickly to pay the notes.

Their other vehicle was a 1998 Mercury, more than likely long paid for.

I wonder if Doug had filed for bankruptcy in the past and the only way that they could buy the truck was in Venus' name.

I would think that is typical forensics. And that depends on the jurisdictional Lab

Usually that takes 4 to 6 weeks?

I do wonder though, since this has crossed state lines if the Feds are involved, they can get testing done much faster.
The perp may have crossed state lines to get his victim, but there's no proof he took her across state lines so it may be up to local LE, unless they ask the FBI to come in. MOO

Another thing to consider on the truck, is that driving that far with a five and three year old (by yourself) is no easy task. She may have just wanted to get home quickly and easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop