Michael Rafferty Appeal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cannot believe what I just read...so Micheal Rafferty is going to be granted $ for his appeal....?....did I get this right...dam upset beyond words...JMO...robynhood...

Sadly yes RH. He will be granted a lawyer paid by the taxpayers of Ontario to fight his appeal. This does not mean it will get him anywhere or a new trial though. I believe the evidence is too strong against him which shows premeditation and total involvement on all three counts of abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and first degree murder. Take TLM's testimony out of the equation and the circumstantial and direct evidence is still very strong. These are just a few things of the top of my head I have come up with and anyone please feel free to add to this list. Maybe ones from the deciding board read here and we can help to construct a list things they will bring forth in their decision making. I am certain they have ample information, but there just may be that one particular thing which may be very helpful. MOO.

* Laptop and computer hard drive evidence showing he was interested in child abduction and raping a child and a lot of that evidence was search, downloaded and viewed shortly before TS abduction. Sadly this was chosen by the judge to be kept from the jury and although the judge felt is went against his many character flaws, IMO it showed his state of mind, intent, motive and most definitely premeditation/planning

* the fact MR used many women for his gain; money, sex, drugs, abduction

* he had a very active, sexually perverse, dating lifestyle according to the many women who took the witness stand

* he abducted Tori with the aid of TLM, but driving past the school that morning again shows intent and premeditation

* he deliberately hid his vehicle in the nursing home parking lot figuring no one would see his vehicle and him at the time of abduction

* he went to an ATM machine to withdraw money for purchase of garbage bags and hammer

* parked away from other vehicles in the HD parking lot to avoid possible witnesses seeing him or Tori in his vehicle or hearing Tori if she was crying, putting up a fuss or in case she decided to try and flee

* drove to that area where her remains were found because if was a place he knew was secluded because more than likely he had been there before as he worked or drove within that area many times and was familiar to him

* wrote on his fb page "good things comming my way" that day

* deliberately sought out TLM that day. She came home to find him waiting in her driveway

* he purchased hair dye for his accomplice to disguise herself

* he disposed of evidence so it would never be found. If the evidence could have proven to be linked back to just TLM, he would have made it easier for LE to find the evidence, therefore removing himself from the murder

* the fact he never assisted LE in any way whatsoever shows involvement and guilt. IMHO if he was an innocent dupe with any conscience he would have cracked during the interrogation and placed the blame on TLM. Instead he decided to remain silent giving himself enough time to concoct his BS lie that he came back to find Tori deceased at the hands of TLM

* TS and his blood mixed and found on his gym bag

* the fact we still do not know who actually murdered Tori leaves a huge gaping hole that is very well could have been him via strangulation, blunt force trauma by hitting her with his fists or he may very well have weld the hammer and stomped on her. Just because TLM took the fall for the murder during MR trial, does not mean she was being truthful. She is known to be a liar also so again I do not think we should take all her testimony as truth

* the removal of his car's back seat and evidence of a small piece of seat material found during investigation shows he tried to remove evidence with his DNA and Tori's together. Luckily they were able to find that small piece of fabric which he missed with his numerous car cleaning jobs

* Tori found naked from the waist down strongly suggests sexual assault

* being heavily addicted and on narcotics could make someone already perverse numb enough to carry out such acts against Tori

These are MOO and some things I believe will come into play when the deciding board debates as to whether this monster is responsible in Tori's demise and his pathetic claim he was an accessory after the fact. He is NOT in any part an innocent dupe who went for a stroll that day and I hope it doesn't take long for the deciding board to make that very clear to him and shut him down for good. All JMHO.

I hear ya. I like the fact tho he may be riding high on hopes right now. Only to have them crushed. It is his right to Appeal. Whether we like it or not. I'm just bouncing off your post in my last remarks.

Agreed with the last few posters. No matter what way you slice it it's frustrating. Yes let him have his appeal and the deciding board can look at it and deny proving the evidence is overwhelming and slam the cell door on his hideous face for good. Denying him legal aid just keeps him fighting for what are his rights, although we know he doesn't have a leg to stand on because he is as guilty as they come. Funny thing is, he knows he's guilty but as I always say, "desperate people do desperate things" and that is exactly what he is...desperate to get out of a life of hell. He has nothing to lose. Fat chance in him gaining freedom. :floorlaugh:

This way our judicial system can exhaust his rights and put it all to rest for once and for all. Game over. Crawl back into your hole MR and continue to deny in your pathetic, sick mind you were an innocent dupe; nice try. MOO.

Read 'em and weep you sick MR.
Life imprisonment in Canada
Offences under the Criminal Code of Canada that carry a maximum penalty of life imprisonment in Canada (with a parole ineligibility period of between 7 years and 25 years) include treason, piracy, mutiny, hijacking, endangering the safety of an aircraft or an airport, endangering the safety of a ship or fixed platform, robbery, kidnapping, attempted murder, accessory after the fact to murder, causing death by street racing, impaired driving causing death, causing death by criminal negligence, killing an unborn child in the act of birth, and aggravated sexual assault.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment_in_Canada"]Life imprisonment in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

....JMHO...I saw Rodney on the news....( Tori's dad who may not know him)...and he remarked how the justice system had holes and how they keep being pulled into our courts...It is this which tears at me...they deserve to be done with dam MR. It has ruined their lives...taken there precious ANGEL...and I saw every inch of that trial...It was a FAIR trial..It pulled in so many Police and investigators....I resent my tax $ spent on this ....so many more important things need to be done in ONT.Judge Heeney went to great extents to make this trial FAIR...I remember tweeting the LONG LIST that took hours to make this trial FAIR & CLEAR....Jury came back asking question after question...and at the end Destine spoke at how the trial was fair.....

QUESTION:1. what could possibly he the outcome of this appeal?...

2.MR abductor Tori....on tape ...clear his intent as Swede posted above....

3.evidence showed rape....
4. if he caused her dealth.....( as swede mentioned) could it possibly be shown thru forensic...( strangle...hard for me to type this)////

I understand legally MR has the right to appeal ...too bad the surviving victims seem to have no rights....I am sorry Tara and Rodney must go thru this...IMO that is my heart felt thoughts.....again deeply upset ...must be honest here robynhood....JMHO again....:facepalm:

The appeal is only about Judge Heeney's decisions and rulings.

To facilitate that, the court may have to consider how much influence TLM's testimony had on the jurors, and therefore consider the bulk of the other evidence in the trial.

If the court finds there were errors........they would then have to decide if the errors were grievous enough to order a new trial.

I just heard. Can't believe this freak gets to see daylight if only long enough to attend these hearings.

I just heard. Can't believe this freak gets to see daylight if only long enough to attend these hearings.

He's attending by video. I don't know if that if from the prison, or if he gets taken to the courthouse? The sketches in the article I posted make it look like he is at the courthouse.

Salem

~Respectfully snipped~
Read 'em and weep you sick MR.
Life imprisonment in Canada
Offences under the Criminal Code of Canada that carry a maximum penalty of life imprisonment in Canada (with a parole ineligibility period of between 7 years and 25 years) include treason, piracy, mutiny, hijacking, endangering the safety of an aircraft or an airport, endangering the safety of a ship or fixed platform, robbery, kidnapping, attempted murder, accessory after the fact to murder, causing death by street racing, impaired driving causing death, causing death by criminal negligence, killing an unborn child in the act of birth, and aggravated sexual assault.

Life imprisonment in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Swedie - this is priceless. So even if he convinces a jury he was only an accessory - his punishment stays the same, life with no chance of parole for 25 years. LOL! Argue as he might, I cannot see him getting a different sentence given the horrendous nature of the crime.

What a waste of time he is. :puke:

Salem

~Respectfully snipped~

Swedie - this is priceless. So even if he convinces a jury he was only an accessory - his punishment stays the same, life with no chance of parole for 25 years. LOL! Argue as he might, I cannot see him getting a different sentence given the horrendous nature of the crime.

What a waste of time he is. :puke:

Salem

Hi Salem! Wow that's some timeline, thank you.

I am assuming here but I think what the is hoping for is that he will be granted a new trial and IF they find him guilty of being an accessory, he will then be able to apply for the Faint Hope clause just as the other murdering TLM can do after serving 14 years. Sadly the Faint Hope clause was abolished after Tori's death (wished it was before so there would be no hope in heck).

It's JMHO but I believe the system is just appeasing MR to say we gave it consideration so he will exhaust all avenues and not have a leg to stand on any longer kwim. But it's just too bad Tori's loved ones are not allowed to move on with their lives because on the 's antics. He needs to face the fact he will more than like never be released from prison even after his 25 years is up. JMO.

I've never hated anyone but I do these two monsters. And moreso him because I believe he was the instigator and just as judge Heeney said, and for what? So that you could gratify your twisted and devious desire to have sex with a child. Only a monster could commit an act of such pure evil. You, sir, are a monster.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-judge-on-rafferty-sentencing/article4178828/

Also from that article:
He has received a fair trial. Some believe it was too fair. His trial was fully respectful of the rights that are guaranteed to him under our Charter as a citizen of this great country. Mr. Rafferty was not convicted based on his character, he was convicted based on his conduct.[/I]

If anyone should be sentenced to death for their crimes, it's these 2 child murderers. They tortured Victoria, then they tortured a community and many more. They should die for their crimes, just like Russell Williams, Bernardo and Homolka. Pure evil. Jmo

Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General will be picking up the tab for an appeal attempt

Which means the taxpayer will foot all the tab, not just part of it, as with Legal Aid. The only way to get all the breaks is to be a criminal.

HMM any news on dam MR appeal ..I know he is getting funded on our " COIN"...disgusted But I thought his dead line was the end of 2013?....maybe we will hear something soon...I keep coming back here hoping to hear some NEWS...That this MR appeal is dead...go back to JAIL and ROT...sentence will not change stupid MR...IMO yhis is a waste of court time and our $....PLUS TORI"S family deserved for this to be ended...too bad Steve Harper did not listen to us....and change the law ....I am still sick about the letter received back from Mr.Harper.....robynhood

I too, come to this site daily for news and updates. I am continually grateful for this community of 'Sleuthers, with your well-spoken and thoughtful insights. I, like you, of course, would rather that this tragedy never took place. As I've mentioned, there a number of regulars here whose words I am continually thankful for and let's me know that WE stand together in the memory of Tori Stafford. That's one thing in all of this that makes my heart feel good.
I have also come to realize that anger and frustration cannot and will not change this tragedy or the laws, but let's not forget another very important aspect,.....and that aspect is that this absolutely, complete is, right now as we speak, rotting in a room no bigger than a closet where he will do so for the rest of his days. I can feel it!
I am here for Tori,...whether it be here on Websleuths, or in my thoughts or in my heart, where her memory will be honoured and live forever. Tori's suffering is over. MR's has only just begun.
Rest easy from wherever you are watching little Tori - WE love you and you will NEVER be forgotten! Tori's family - we are here for YOU! STAY STRONG!!! We are watching.

....Manny ...you are correct ..Tori will never ever be forgotten ..every time I hear Shania Twain sing I remember( Tori love the song UP....I think it was) , every purple flower I planted in my new home, butterflies , and April 9 , 2009....never forgot...RIP TOri ....I would have ran to Woodstock and grabbed you a million times if I knew....she has become Ont . Angel to so many who never knew her....NOW love her....I will continue to search until I hear word that dam appeal is dropped...and her family never has to see that " MONSTER in an ONT court"...amen robynhood.....

Thanks for posting the updates. It's nice to have them all in one place.

Thanks for keeping Tori's name and spirit alive.

thank you for updates...I have been searching everyday since I heard about his freakin appeal....Please help me understand????....so what is next?.....I want you to know GingyzGirl8...my stomach is SICK as I read this....Someone PLEASE TELL me there is NOT GOING TO BE another trial for this MORON!....how dare he...is dam right...my stomach is turning.....BUT I will be here for what ever happens....please stay STRONG to Tori's family...I am shocked !...and this must STOP!>>>>sorry to say but our CANDIAN laws suck..JMHO>>>and I liked to march to CITY HALL AND Protest if another trial happens....seriously....tweeting robynhood!

I guess MR is saying his penchant for child *advertiser censored* was just an unlucky coincidence? Of course, that was not considered. What a farce.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander
Back