Michelle Young. Murdered Pregnant Mom, NC Part 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
packerdog said:
Hi Barney. I was thinking that maybe they had made plans well before that night and that when the date got closer she turned JY down. I know she was in FL at the time.
There is a rumor that MM and her husband were going to be house guests at the Youngs that Friday night before the big game also. They cancelled because the little boy was sick (boy was to stay with Steve's parents in Kernersville). I have not been able to confirm 100% yet.

raisincharlie said:
Evening Happy !

Michelle was buried in Raleigh NC. Have seen nothing that would define who paid for her funeral services. Sorry - no answers.
Thank you, rc. I can't decide if I think that is strange or not. On one hand, if it was up to her mom, I would have thought she would have wanted her in NY, unless she was planning on moving to NC. Or maybe at the time, she was thinking she should be near where Cassidy was. I don't know why - this is just bugging me.

Barney Fife said:
There is a rumor that MM and her husband were going to be house guests at the Youngs that Friday night before the big game also. They cancelled because the little boy was sick (boy was to stay with Steve's parents in Kernersville). I have not been able to confirm 100% yet.
Well, I bet that would have made for a real cozy weekend...

I would love to KNOW if that's a fact.

Barney Fife said:

Thanks for the info Barney. Boy, thats too close for comfort, sleeping in the same house. I get the feeling that JY was more involved brain wise than MM. That he felt stronger feelings for MM than she had for him.

Barney Fife said:
If this rumor is true, is it a possibility that MM used the excuse that her son was sick? Perhaps, she was feeling uncomfortable. And, is it a possibility that JY was really looking forward to seeing her and that he was so disappointed and upset that he took it out on MY? In his warped mind, he could have been thinking, "If I hadn't been married to you, she would have come to visit." He could have been so angered that he took it out on MY.

OJ Simpson murdered his wife the night that his girlfriend, Paula Barbiera (sp?) broke up with him. She left him a voicemail breaking up with him and flew to Las Vegas to be with Michael Bolton, I believe. I think this event, coupled with Nicole snubbing him, caused him to viciously murder her.

happy2bn10ec said:
Thank you, rc. I can't decide if I think that is strange or not. On one hand, if it was up to her mom, I would have thought she would have wanted her in NY, unless she was planning on moving to NC. Or maybe at the time, she was thinking she should be near where Cassidy was. I don't know why - this is just bugging me.
Happy,

I don't know about these kind of plans. What we do know is the house that Meredith is living in is on record as belonging to Linda Fisher. That may or may not mean anything. There have been rumored conversations that Linda Fisher intended to retire to the Raleigh area and this is why she purchased this house. As I said, I do not know what is true in this situation. Unfortunately, I think with respect to this issue, that JY would be the deciding entity as the surviving spouse. I myself cannot imagine why LF or MF would want to be in the Raleigh area period right now or in the future except on the hope that some day they may be able to both see Cassidy and spend time with her.

Barney Fife said:

I wander what Michelle's plans were for Cassidy? She may have made arrangements for Cassidy to stay with someone that weekend.

nanandjim said:
If this rumor is true, is it a possibility that MM used the excuse that her son was sick? Perhaps, she was feeling uncomfortable. And, is it a possibility that JY was really looking forward to seeing her and that he was so disappointed and upset that he took it out on MY? In his warped mind, he could have been thinking, "If I hadn't been married to you, she would have come to visit." He could have been so angered that he took it out on MY.

OJ Simpson murdered his wife the night that his girlfriend, Paula Barbiera (sp?) broke up with him. She left him a voicemail breaking up with him and flew to Las Vegas to be with Michael Bolton, I believe. I think this event, coupled with Nicole snubbing him, caused him to viciously murder her.

I think that's an interesting observation!!!!! You may well be onto something.

Barney Fife said:
I wouldn't give that one too much credit Barney. Some things are best left at rumors.

less0305 said:
I think that's an interesting observation!!!!! You may well be onto something.
Further brainstorming: What if MY discovered JY's phone records and saw where he had called MM several times. Perhaps, MY questioned MM why JY was calling her so often? This in turn could have caused the cancelation and also could have caused MM to tell JY that MY called her and she just didn't feel comfortable staying at their home.

It could be this scenario or that MY told JY that she wanted out. Bottom line is I think that JY didn't love MY, but he wasn't about to divorce her because he wanted her money. Murdering her would certainly help him attain that goal.

5bigfish5 or any local Raleigh residents

A quick question based on your construction background and relating to the Raleigh area -are heat pump systems common environmental temperature control systems and if so, any idea when they may have become "popular" ?
Thanks in advance.:cool:

RC

happy2bn10ec said:
I'm sure LF wanted Michelle close, but she had no say in the burial place, imo. Don't know about the rumored move, possible of course, but I think the house was more of a favor to Meredith than an investment for the future. I don't know anything about Meredith's finances, but I doubt she made enough money to qualify for a house worth a quarter million dollars.

raisincharlie said:

A quick question based on your construction background and relating to the Raleigh area -are heat pump systems common environmental temperature control systems and if so, any idea when they may have become "popular" ?

RC
Hi RC. Not in contstruction, but grew up in the Raleigh area. Not sure when they became popular in homes, but they were being used a lot in apt homes in 80's. The newer ones are better, but the older ones were horrible. Believe it or not it does get cold enough and stay cold long enough that those things just could not heat to save their lives and the electric coils come on and your power meter starts spinning around so fast it'll make ya sick trying to look at it. Hee! I grew up with oil heat and could never get warm enough in either of the apts I lived in there with heat pumps. My parents never had a heat pump until they moved to the coast of NC to a home that was built in the 90's and even down there my Dad still hated it, he switched over to natural gas. Hopefully the construction guys can give ya better info.

ETA...I think whether you get a heat pump or not depends on where you live. Like in Charlotte, unless you specify, if you live where they can hook you up to a natural gas line you get natural gas. If you live a bit further out where they have not run the lines you get heat pump.

curious1 said:
Hi RC. Not in contstruction, but grew up in the Raleigh area. Not sure when they became popular in homes, but they were being used a lot in apt homes in 80's. The newer ones are better, but the older ones were horrible. Believe it or not it does get cold enough and stay cold long enough that those things just could not heat to save their lives and the electric coils come on and your power meter starts spinning around so fast it'll make ya sick trying to look at it. Hee! I grew up with oil heat and could never get warm enough in either of the apts I lived in there with heat pumps. My parents never had a heat pump until they moved to the coast of NC to a home that was built in the 90's and even down there my Dad still hated it, he switched over to natural gas. Hopefully the construction guys can give ya better info.

ETA...I think whether you get a heat pump or not depends on where you live. Like in Charlotte, unless you specify, if you live where they can hook you up to a natural gas line you get natural gas. If you live a bit further out where they have not run the lines you get heat pump.
Curious 1,

Your response has given me the information I was looking for. No need to hunt further. I suppose I should tell you why I have asked this question, so here goes:

I have been following a conversation elsewhere involving gojo. Being the stickler for detail, I noted in the conversation that gojo indicated there was a problem with the heat pump system at the Birchleaf residence, in particular relating to the upstairs sector. Being familiar with heat pumps from using them in the barns I know they aren't real good for "real comfort" with respect to people. So I was just checking on the possible use of heat pumps in the area. So if gojo is correct, this more than likely explains the attire in which Michelle was found, not that gojo was worried about that, he was worried about Cassidy having socks on...

Thanks luv - appreciate the input ! :)

raisincharlie said:

RC
Not sure where you are going with this one but I will oblige. The Young's house was built in the mid 80's and the most common form of heat at that time would be forced air. Don't know how much you know about heating systems but the hot water heater sends hot water through a heat exchanger and the air is heated as it blows across. The heat pump would probably have been more popular in new homes built in the early to mid 90's if I had to guess.

pack_fan said:
Not sure where you are going with this one but I will oblige. The Young's house was built in the mid 80's and the most common form of heat at that time would be forced air. Don't know how much you know about heating systems but the hot water heater sends hot water through a heat exchanger and the air is heated as it blows across. The heat pump would probably have been more popular in new homes built in the early to mid 90's if I had to guess.
pack_fan,

I did go back and look at the assessment records for the Birchleaf residence. Heating and cooling are both noted as central but no further details. So that kind of left me wondering - central heating and air here means either gas or electrical fired systems, heat pumps are noted very differently - i.e heat pump/forced. Sounds crazy but I look at these little details when trying to figure truthfulness. In my response to Curious 1 I noted the comment by gojo, just trying to figure if he has a clue or is clueless. :crazy: He may have a clue on this point, I'm thinking JY should have spent his vacation money fixing everything that was wrong with that house according to some !

Why doesn't someone start a "Theories" thread? We could all post our theories. When JY is arrested for the murder and this case goes to trial, we can see who actually comes the closest to what happened.

raisincharlie said:
pack_fan,

I did go back and look at the assessment records for the Birchleaf residence. Heating and cooling are both noted as central but no further details. So that kind of left me wondering - central heating and air here means either gas or electrical fired systems, heat pumps are noted very differently - i.e heat pump/forced. Sounds crazy but I look at these little details when trying to figure truthfulness. In my response to Curious 1 I noted the comment by gojo, just trying to figure if he has a clue or is clueless. :crazy: He may have a clue on this point, I'm thinking JY should have spent his vacation money fixing everything that was wrong with that house according to some !
Certainly can't verify the accuracy of this, but here you go...

http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=6496922

scroll down, and click on "show all home facts".

You got a link for the latter rain board?

nanandjim said:
Why doesn't someone start a "Theories" thread? We could all post our theories. When JY is arrested for the murder and this case goes to trial, we can see who actually comes the closest to what happened.
Seems with as little info as we have in this case the possibilities are endless. My opinions change daily on this case, could we take say the best three out of five guesses?

ETA: I may even throw a wild one out there to satisfy the gojos :D :D :D .

pack_fan said:
Certainly can't verify the accuracy of this, but here you go...

http://www.zillow.com/HomeDetails.htm?zprop=6496922

scroll down, and click on "show all home facts".

You got a link for the latter rain board?
Thanks - that goes pretty much along with the assessor records. I will pm that to you. Anyone that wants it - no problem, I just don't care to post it here.

RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members