Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi otto: OT: I know you didn't mean to be funny, but with respect, I couldn't help but hold back a grin at the underlined part of your post...

Surely they're taking complete DNA samples from everyone that was in that house over a +- 18 hour period from well before 9-10pm through to the arrival of emergency & LE the following day?

It's a real pity that a 15-yr old child should be regarded as 'scary' in his community, too :(

It does sound pretty funny, but that was part of the description of the 15 year old ... as well as the community and family being afraid of him. It reminds of the stories about old people, where children are afraid of them and their "haunted" houses. The 15 year old may just be experimenting with a hairless identity and people who don't know him are afraid of him.

From everything I've read/skimmed, the husband sounds like he's a good candidate to be the perp. If true, the huge gambling debt alone is enough to make a person sit up and take notice. What if the wife wasn't aware of his debt? A previous post said she was a financial advisor. I work for a financial advisor and I've learned that successful FAs are usually folks who believe in saving $, re-investing it and leaving it alone. They strongly advise against even regular debt (credit cards, loans for big-ticket items, etc).

Maybe his chickens were coming home to roost and he took the easy way out. I'm not trying to be funny is using that expression, but I knew of a situation where a husband managed to rack up major credit card debt before his wife found out. She is/was very frugal and this was a major "sin" to her. She is also very sharp, so he had quite a side scam going to collect all those cards and create all that debt before she figured it out. BTW, they're now divorced. What if the husband here reached a point where he couldn't hide the debt anymore and chose a lethal out instead of owning up to his problem?

OTOH, the unbalanced 15-year-old next door got the neighborhood's attention in a big way. Very disturbing no matter who it was. And no motive could ever be acceptable.

FFWifey said:
From everything I've read/skimmed, the husband sounds like he's a good candidate to be the perp. If true, the huge gambling debt alone is enough to make a person sit up and take notice. What if the wife wasn't aware of his debt? A previous post said she was a financial advisor. I work for a financial advisor and I've learned that successful FAs are usually folks who believe in saving $, re-investing it and leaving it alone. They strongly advise against even regular debt (credit cards, loans for big-ticket items, etc).

Maybe his chickens were coming home to roost and he took the easy way out. I'm not trying to be funny is using that expression, but I knew of a situation where a husband managed to rack up major credit card debt before his wife found out. She is/was very frugal and this was a major "sin" to her. She is also very sharp, so he had quite a side scam going to collect all those cards and create all that debt before she figured it out. BTW, they're now divorced. What if the husband here reached a point where he couldn't hide the debt anymore and chose a lethal out instead of owning up to his problem?

OTOH, the unbalanced 15-year-old next door got the neighborhood's attention in a big way. Very disturbing no matter who it was. And no motive could ever be acceptable.

Absolutely, if the rumours about debt are true, then this is looking very bad for the husband.

otto said:
Absolutely, if the rumours about debt are true, then this is looking very bad for the husband.
Especially if it is a gambling debt and some unsavory characters are involved ~ they'll come after him. And the insurance policy might be needed to pay them off.

englishleigh said:
Listening to the 911 call now...the little girl is breaking my heart saying in the background, "Mommy has boo-boos everywhere..." The sister is waaaaaaaaay too calm. Waaaaaaaaaaay too calm. I hope it's just the shock. That poor little girl, though. :(

If I read ahead someone might have already mentioned this so I apologize if I'm repeating, but I think the sisters demeanor probably relates very much to the fact that her niece was there and she was trying to look and sound as calm as possible for that reason.

panthera said:
Especially if it is a gambling debt and some unsavory characters are involved ~ they'll come after him. And the insurance policy might be needed to pay them off.

Good point ... the police can just follow the money, if the insurance is paid out.

Some of the very first reports indicated that the garage door was found partially open. Although the neighbor could have gotten into the house this way, I would imagine that an emotionally/behaviorally challenged fifteen year old would have created a pretty extensive crime scene with a trail of evidence leading right back to his house...especially at night. And if LE does think he is the perp, how could they possibly leave the kid in the neighborhood while claiming it is safe? Although the other neighbors may think he’s capable of something like this, I wonder if they’d agree that he would possess the wherewithal to cover his tracks enough to delay an immediate arrest?

gubblegum said:
Some of the very first reports indicated that the garage door was found partially open. Although the neighbor could have gotten into the house this way, I would imagine that an emotionally/behaviorally challenged fifteen year old would have created a pretty extensive crime scene with a trail of evidence leading right back to his house...especially at night. And if LE does think he is the perp, how could they possibly leave the kid in the neighborhood while claiming it is safe? Although the other neighbors may think he’s capable of something like this, I wonder if they’d agree that he would possess the wherewithal to cover his tracks enough to delay an immediate arrest?
This is absolutely what I was thinking. As you said, if this emotionally disturbed 15 year old was involved, he would have likely left a trail of evidence, neighbors would see LE scouring his home. Your statement about leaving the kid there and LE saying the neighborhood was safe is also dead-on. Surely, LE has interviewed neighbors extensively and if in fact the kid appeared to be a threat, his name would have come up and LE would have jumped all over it. And again, as you say, if the 15 yo did it, he'd have already been arrested and we'd know. It would not have taken a week to gather sufficient evidence against him.

gubblegum said:
Welcome to WS, I like your 'hat'.

Very good points. I think you may be right, the police either don't suspect him, or have other evidence to suspect someone else, or he would be locked up, questioned, something. Or, has he been questioned and because he is a minor we don't know about it?

From the forum listed above-

"The investigators and authorities have assured people who have inquired that the child mentioned, or anyone else in that household, is NOT a suspect. "

I wonder if LE worded it this way. If so, very telling IMO.

wufdude said:
From the forum listed above-

"The investigators and authorities have assured people who have inquired that the child mentioned, or anyone else in that household, is NOT a suspect. "

I wonder if LE worded it this way. If so, very telling IMO.

Hi and thanks for this, wufdude. Would be intersting to know if that's LE's wording. I.e.: no one else is a suspect - not the "child or anyone else in that household". ("that household" = the child's household ... or the victim's household...)

Perceptions and interpretations, thasall... :)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi and thanks for this, wufdude. Would be intersting to know if that's LE's wording. I.e.: no one else is a suspect - not the "child or anyone else in that household". ("that household" = the child's household ... or the victim's household...)

I took it to mean the 15 year old's household. I'm sure the police are not referring to a two year old little girl.

Shadow205 said:
hmm, the above post at the local forum has been removed. Here is what is there today http://forums.go.com/abclocal/WTVD/thread?threadID=137370

It will be interesting to see how long that post remains on the forum.

I think it's a good thing that someone has tried to clear the air on the 15 year old. The original post did jump from plucking eyebrows and eyelashes to saying that he was odd, next lept to the claim that everyone, including his family, were afraid of him and finally suggested that he might be a murderer. That's a pretty harsh comment for a 15 year old to live with. I'm guessing one of the neighbours is a little afraid of him because of his appearance and that resulted in these accusations.

otto said:
Good point ... the police can just follow the money, if the insurance is paid out.
If he's under suspicion, would the insurance co. pay?
:(

(eta - Catherine Crier talking about the case now on Ctv)

PolkSaladAnnie said:

I interpret it to be the household that the 15-year old lives in.
:)

Catherine Crier just played the 911 call. I'd heard it before from the news link, but it is just so eerie listening to the little girl in the background as Michelle's sister is trying to see if she is alive. :( :(

I just heard on CC that Jason waited to go back home to NC after he heard she was murdered. He waited for his mother, sister, etc... to be ready before he left. Is this new information?

panthera said:
If he's under suspicion, would the insurance co. pay?
I thought that they hold the money in escrow until the recipient is cleared. I don't know if the police or family has to request this, though.

Shadow205 said:
hmm, the above post at the local forum has been removed. Here is what is there today http://forums.go.com/abclocal/WTVD/thread?threadID=137370

It will be interesting to see how long that post remains on the forum.

I'm not surprised the originals are gone. Whoever posted those accusations was foolish and really opened a can of worms for themselves, particularly given the current legal climate of using the internet for harrassment and defamation. Kind of irrational to have done so when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member