Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jilly said:
Hi Fran. Yes the fax. Just like when I first heard about Scott Peterson going fishing on Christmas Eve leaving a pregnant woman at home - the fax here set off my hinkey meter.

Hi jilly:

With the Peterson case for me, it was seeing Scott on tv saying, 'no one knows our marriage but Laci and me.' You see, to an abuser, you are never to tell anyone what goes on in that home between the two of you. I have a friend who's in such a situation and that's one of his BIG rules.

The first night I saw this case on Greta, there was something that made me suspicious and I've wracked my brain all morning trying to remember what set me off, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

BUT, the getting a lawyer before he even goes home to pick up his little girl or talk to police...............sorry,..............very bad vibes, imho.

Then last night I hear this is the very first time the sister of the victim had ever been asked to go to the home when someone wasn't there, and low and behold, she discovers her sister dead! :eek:

The fax to his home, when he was out of town, was something he didn't want his wife to see? :confused: I'll be interested to see WHAT this mysterious fax is and WHO sent it and from WHERE.

Michelle quite often took Fridays off. When Jason left on Thursday for his ehhh...business trip, did he think Michelle was going to work on Friday? My guess is, he did think she was going to work. IMHO, if she wasn't going to work, she probably would have accompanied him on his business trip and visit with his mom and stepdad...........you know, the grandparents.

Because Michelle took Fridays off often, no one thought anything of her not showing up for work or daycare. So there was no one doing a 'well check' on her, no one missing her. IMHO, he needed her to be found, especially because their daughter was there and he couldn't leave her there until he returned on Saturday or Sunday............thus, the FAX.

Just a theory. Right or wrong, just a theory.

JMHO
fran

PolkSaladAnnie said:
I tend to dive in to W/S between projects, etc, lol :) I read regularly, as always. Chris Porco's forum and this thread has me glued all over again. It's nice to see you too: miss thoughtfox and newswolf's posts ... :confused:

Dying to know what the 'mixed testimony' was all about - and yes indeed: THE FAX!! Your Horowitz comparison is an excellent concept, especially as he's a defense lawyer himself. Just goes to show, eh!?

We're all coming up with the same unanswered questions in here, some include: who was the company; whate exact time did he leave; was there a real business appointment (as opposed to a trip) did he not try to call Michelle at work. If he did try to call, then why was no red flag alerted especially as a 2 year old baby happened to be a major part of Michelle's movements. If he knew Michelle wouldn't be at work - why get a fax sent? Meredith claims it was the first time ever he'd called and asked her to go and collect this 'surprise fax' from his house. (Oooh-er, remember Scott's 'fax' from the boathouse???)

Until the above are cleared, it's my opinion that Jase has no Case.

LOL, we were posting at the same time. I think WE think alike, LOL.

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten Scott's fax!

It didn't work for Scott, will it work for Jason? :loser:

I'm spending time here when I honestly do have other things I'm SUPPOSED to be doing. But this case has swept me in. I really have to go now. But I'll check back in from time to time.:innocent:

JMHO
fran

fran said:
IMHO, he needed her to be found, especially because their daughter was there and he couldn't leave her there until he returned on Saturday or Sunday............thus, the FAX.

JMHO
fran

EXACTLY!! I'm wondering with the rest of ya what it was and if there even was one. The best I can come up with at this point is that he had maybe ordered her a Christmas gift and asked the Company to confirm it by fax...just throwing something out there because like you say it's so suspicious.

PolkSaladAnnie What was the fax in the Peterson case? - I've forgotten.

jilly said:
EXACTLY!! I'm wondering with the rest of ya what it was and if there even was one. The best I can come up with at this point is that he had maybe ordered her a Christmas gift and asked the Company to confirm it by fax...just throwing something out there because like you say it's so suspicious.

PolkSaladAnnie What was the fax in the Peterson case? - I've forgotten.

I think the fax had something to do with Scott's timeline:

" Det. Al Brocchini tells Derrick Letsinger to stand in front of the door to Scott and Laci Peterson's home and to relay to Doug Lovell to collect three things he has noted of interest: a mop, a bucket and towels. Brocchini also tells Letsinger to ask Lovell to look for any other potential evidence in the home. According to Det. Jon Evers, at about 11:00 p.m., he gets information from Scott Peterson for the missing person report. At 11:08 p.m., the Modesto Police Department issues a "be on the lookout" report for Laci Peterson. At 11:13 p.m., Scott Peterson, Brocchini and Evers leave for the Tradecorp Warehouse. Scott Peterson rides with Brocchini in his unmarked car. The warehouse is dark because, according to what Scott Peterson tells Brocchini, there is no electricity—although Brocchini later states that he found out that the power was never off. Brocchini uses his Streamlight flashlight to examine a fax that was sent earlier in the day. Scott Peterson states that he had already read the fax. Brocchini notes the time on the fax as being "1428" or 2:28 p.m. Scott Peterson explains that it could have actually been received 3 hours earlier than the stated time because it was sent from New Jersey, on Eastern Standard Time. Brocchini notes that, even accounting for the time difference, 11:30 a.m. is late to be leaving for the Bay Area. Scott Peterson replies that he could have read the fax upon his return." (http://www.crimenews2000.com/lacipeterson/when/when0202.htm)

Dear mods,

how do you all come to the decision to make a new forum? i was wondering if this case would qualify?

regards,

Floh.

otto said:

" Det. Al Brocchini tells Derrick Letsinger to stand in front of the door to Scott and Laci Peterson's home and to relay to Doug Lovell to collect three things he has noted of interest: a mop, a bucket and towels. Brocchini also tells Letsinger to ask Lovell to look for any other potential evidence in the home. According to Det. Jon Evers, at about 11:00 p.m., he gets information from Scott Peterson for the missing person report. At 11:08 p.m., the Modesto Police Department issues a "be on the lookout" report for Laci Peterson. At 11:13 p.m., Scott Peterson, Brocchini and Evers leave for the Tradecorp Warehouse. Scott Peterson rides with Brocchini in his unmarked car. The warehouse is dark because, according to what Scott Peterson tells Brocchini, there is no electricity—although Brocchini later states that he found out that the power was never off. Brocchini uses his Streamlight flashlight to examine a fax that was sent earlier in the day. Scott Peterson states that he had already read the fax. Brocchini notes the time on the fax as being "1428" or 2:28 p.m. Scott Peterson explains that it could have actually been received 3 hours earlier than the stated time because it was sent from New Jersey, on Eastern Standard Time. Brocchini notes that, even accounting for the time difference, 11:30 a.m. is late to be leaving for the Bay Area. Scott Peterson replies that he could have read the fax upon his return." (http://www.crimenews2000.com/lacipeterson/when/when0202.htm)

Hi Otto!! Nice to see you again!! :blowkiss:

Thanks for this info. I didn't forget afterall - this is the first I've heard of this!
Thank you very much!

otto said:

" {edited} Scott Peterson rides with Brocchini in his unmarked car. The warehouse is dark because, according to what Scott Peterson tells Brocchini, there is no electricity—although Brocchini later states that he found out that the power was never off. Brocchini uses his Streamlight flashlight to examine a fax that was sent earlier in the day. Scott Peterson states that he had already read the fax. Brocchini notes the time on the fax as being "1428" or 2:28 p.m. Scott Peterson explains that it could have actually been received 3 hours earlier than the stated time because it was sent from New Jersey, on Eastern Standard Time. Brocchini notes that, even accounting for the time difference, 11:30 a.m. is late to be leaving for the Bay Area. Scott Peterson replies that he could have read the fax upon his return." (http://www.crimenews2000.com/lacipeterson/when/when0202.htm)

Thanks for the expert contribuition, Otto!!! :) The Fax. Precisely: As it turned out - there was a lot of hoo-ha re: whether or not the time-settings on the fax machine and receiving machine were correct .... in an effort to confirm/dispute Scott's given timeline.

fran said:
LOL, we were posting at the same time. I think WE think alike, LOL.

Oh my goodness, I had forgotten Scott's fax!

It didn't work for Scott, will it work for Jason? :loser:

JMHO
fran

Hey fran, yep, similar 'confusion' reigns. Re The Fax ... Otto provided the ultimate reference, above! (Thanks again Otto!)

So. Let's see how this thing plays out.... Remember with Scott there were all those initial lies and avoiding the media. The family spoke FOR Scott. We never saw/heard from him - and even Lee Peterson had admitted to the media, published Dec 27, 2002 "We didn't even know Scott had a boat..." Later they were spinning the Avid Fisherman story.

I'm curious: was Jason in sales with this medical distributor company? Just asking ... :innocent:

ADDITION: Should I dare take the big step and ..... wonder if there was another woman (of sorts) at this stage? Or ..... (ehem :silenced: )

jilly said:
Hi Fran. Yes the fax. Just like when I first heard about Scott Peterson going fishing on Christmas Eve leaving a pregnant woman at home - the fax here set off my hinkey meter.
I'll agree, that is quite "suspicious" ~ what could it have contained that would be so important for him to send his sister-in-law over there to intercept it? And if it needed "intercepting", why would it go to the house in the first place? Something is not right with that, IMO.

Another thing, has there been anything in the media that stated exactly what time he left the house Thursday? Maybe I've overlooked it, but I haven't seen any specific time given.

:confused:

nanandjim said:
I thought that they hold the money in escrow until the recipient is cleared. I don't know if the police or family has to request this, though.
That's what I understood to be normal procedure, and I believe it originates from the insurance company itself.

I do recall reading that Jason was in sales with this company, but I don't recall where I read it. I know, I know - fertilizer sales.....medical equipment sales....creepy similarities here.

It really is sad that the husbands have become the first to look at for suspects, but there have been too many of them so far who are involved ~ especially when the wife is pregnant.

:(

panthera said:
It really is sad that the husbands have become the first to look at for suspects, but there have been too many of them so far who are involved ~ especially when the wife is pregnant.

If it was the hubsand it is really sad. At home with your spouse you should feel safe. This is happening way too much
I feel so bad for the little girl what are people thinking who ever killed her is beyond words.

Floh said:
Dear mods,

how do you all come to the decision to make a new forum? i was wondering if this case would qualify?

regards,

Floh.
I agree Floh, shouldn't Dyleski forum and the one for that bast*rd who killed the Groene's go to archive soon since Dyleski was found guilty and the cowardly pig pled out to save his pathetic life? I think this case is going to shape up to be like Laci's and many of us will be following.

Please, pretty please mods, can we have a forum for Sweet Michelle and her baby boy?

Once again, another sad, sad case. Few points, (sorry if brought up before) The husband was apporx 300 miles away, depending on her time of death, it is possible he could have driven the distance, gotten his alibi... This just doesn't apprear good to me, he calls the sister re: fax.. Why? So she could find her, thinking it would take the focus off of him and place it on an unknown suspect? Then he hires a lawyer, same old story.... Why do they all think they are smarter than the average citizen, I just don't get it! They "can't" even ACT to good after the, they really must assume everyone but themselves are ignorant..

Hmm, don't see him or his family on here or elsewhere begging for any help which is what most innocent people would do.

IMO, the husband did it. Random murders are not going to leave a child behind, ie possible witness.. WHY does he need an attoney, he could have driven the 300 miles since her time of death is not known., why did her sister go to pick up the fax? That as well is odd to me, if my BIL had called asking that I would have asked why he needed it pcked up, the whole story makes no sense.

panthera said:

True, panthera... and I've literally (minutes ago) just watched 48hours on Tom Murray/Carmen Ross. He was found guilty of her brutal murder back in November 2003 (think is as '03). No DNA - a 'clean' crime scene. He had cuts on his hand when interviewed overnight on day of murder.

His hard-drive gave him away. Searching for: 'murder for hire'; 'how to murder and not get caught' ... in the weeks running up to the murder and these searches were going on during mediation regarding custody of their daughter (then 2, I think).

In the final analysis, too many spouses seem to believe death is the only option when love or a relationship alters. :banghead:

On Greta's show Friday night, it was mentioned that the husband had an alibi. He was at his parent's home at the time of the murder. Now didn't Neal Entwistle have an alibi for the night his precious wife and baby were killed?:doh:
And let's not forget Scott P. and his lame alibis. :bang:

I don't want to falsely accuse the husband, but something doesn't smell right about him imo. This murder was brutal-- it was by all accounts personal. And we have to remember that the child wasn't injured and there were no signs of a robbery. I don't think this was an intruder/stranger did it situation.

Straitfan said:
Hmm, don't see him or his family on here or elsewhere begging for any help which is what most innocent people would do.

Hi straitfan. Indeed! Instead of showing concern for HER life and wanting help, (rushing to the scene and/or demanding to see his wife, talking to authorities, demanding answers, etc), he lawyered up immediately to protect HIS rights. That's not a crime nor is it wrong - but with all the hazy facts and it's not looking good at this stage.

Those of us who believe he's involved are only going on what hsitory has told us. The pattern here is not unusual to that history; I wouldn't be surprised if the odd one-night stand (or more) comes up ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro