Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IndyLaw said:
Looks like Greta will be talking about this case tonight.

Wednesday, November 8:
• A small N. Carolina town is in shock over the homicide of a young, pregnant mother inside her own home! As authorities piece together evidence, Greta investigates the unsolved murder mystery of Michelle Marie Young!
Dang I missed it!

wufdude said:
Missed that. Thanks for posting!

btw supposedly new developments have occurred in the Abaroa case. Eerily similar circumstances around that death and only separated by about a 1/2 hour.....
OOOOOOO, I have to go read, thanks for the heads up. I don't subscribe to the many threads in that forum.

Shadow205 said:
Lots of interesting comments over there..which are you refering to?

It's not the woman who was at the house with Michelle Young watching "GREY's ANATOMY."
It's a 15-year-old kid that lives in the house right next door to the Young home. He's got (at a minimum) serious emotional / behavior problems.

His own parents are afraid of him, and the people who sold their house to the Youngs moved (in part) because of this kid. They even said they were just waiting for the day they'd come home to see police cars and crime-scene tape at their neighbor's home.

A while back, this kid pulle out all of his eye-brows and eye-lashes. Now, I understand that this doesn't make someone a murderer, but it doesn't make them a saint either.

At this point, a lot of things seem to point to the husband, but I'm still not convinced that it's at least a 50/50 chance that this kid did it.

Sooo, did we know who the guest was, so this poster says it's a girl and they were watching Greys.

Interesting about the 15 yr old neighbor....anyone watch Dateline last night?

Shadow205 said:
That is interesting regarding the kid next-door however, I just can't imagine a kid doing that with no evidence of sexual assault (at least from what's been said), no harm at all to the child, no sign of forced entry, etc. If it was a well-known fact that this kid had emotional problems, I can't imagine that Michelle would voluntarily let him in her house.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
No, SewingDeb, very little has been released about any phone calls he may have made to Michelle's work (or their home). He went away on *business*, very late on a Thursday evening. This would suggest the business was important enough that it couldn't wait. However (here's where the skeptic in me emereges...), he was at his parents *home* on Friday afternoon. So? When was he going to do business? And if he'd already completed his business - why was he not en route home? DID HE really have business to attend? Perhaps there is a clash of testimony here?

Just thinking aloud and in advance ... there are all sorts of equations we're not privvy to, yet.

Thanks PolkSaladAnnie. I thought maybe I missed some information that was released regarding phone calls he did or did not make during that time frame.

I was wondering about the business trip myself. Who was he going to meet and at what time and why didn't he just schedule it for later in the afternoon (if it's for real) and leave in the morning? We really don't have a lot of facts to work with but hopefully the investigators know much more than we do.

wufdude said:
That is interesting regarding the kid next-door however, I just can't imagine a kid doing that with no evidence of sexual assault (at least from what's been said), no harm at all to the child, no sign of forced entry, etc. If it was a well-known fact that this kid had emotional problems, I can't imagine that Michelle would voluntarily let him in her house.
I agree wufdude. It sounds like the whole neighborhood is aware of this kid. I don't think that she would let him into her house either. However, it is possible that she forgot to lock the door when her friend left. Personally though, I am leaning toward the husband but thought it was worth mentioning the thoughts of someone who lives so close.

I was wondering about the business trip myself. Who was he going to meet and at what time and why didn't he just schedule it for later in the afternoon (if it's for real) and leave in the morning? We really don't have a lot of facts to work with but hopefully the investigators know much more than we do.
It is a looooong drive from Raleigh to Brevard and one that I certainly wouldn't want to make through the night so you've got a good point. I can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure he was involved in medical equipment sales. Again, not knowing much, I can't imagine there is much in the line of medical equipment clients in that part of the state? Purely conjecture on my part though.

However, it is possible that she forgot to lock the door when her friend left.
That's a good point. Kid could have possibly seen the husband leave, seen the friend leave, etc. How terrifying to think about that scenario.

wufdude said:
It is a looooong drive from Raleigh to Brevard and one that I certainly wouldn't want to make through the night so you've got a good point. I can't remember where I read it but I'm pretty sure he was involved in medical equipment sales. Again, not knowing much, I can't imagine there is much in the line of medical equipment clients in that part of the state? Purely conjecture on my part though.

That's a good point. Kid could have possibly seen the husband leave, seen the friend leave, etc. How terrifying to think about that scenario.

If the 15 year old neighbour is responsible, that means he was out of the house at around 11 in the evening and got home a while later. His parents should know if he was out at that time, I hope. I'm not sure that plucking eyebrows and eye lashes makes someone capable of murder, but hopefully there is more to his history that makes him more of a likely suspect.

I am not defending this husband in this however it possible that that he did try to call his wife and wasn;t able to reach her ( obviously if she had been murdered the night before or in the early morning) ..and if he knew the sister was close by and was not working or worked close to the home , he may have thought she could simply run over and get the fax he needed. I agree that the timing surrounding his departure was odd.. it seems unlikely that anyone would leave on a 5 hours drive at that hour of the night.. more likely to leave earlier or push the meeting back to allow leaving in the morning.

As to the neighbor.. the opportunity is there for a perceived threat or slight, the opprotunity if Michelle was being watched to enter the home after the husband and friend left that night and the baby may not have thought it odd since she would have seen the neighbor frequently...on the other hand so many cases are the husband or significant other for both pregnant women or those who are not expecting..

Hopefully the killer left DNA evidence behind in some form.

Shadow205 said:

Wow, Shadow. That's some forum - some pretty feisty posters... Thanks for the link.

Ugh! Statistics, signs and circumstance keep dragging me (kicking and screaming, mind you) back to the husband. No-one wants to believe it's 'him'. Yet we're not exactly wrong to follow an ugly pattern before the cloth is cut, are we?

Sabal said:
Thanks so much Sabal for posting all these links. I'm trying to keep up with the latest developments in the case ~ and am not surprised that Michelle's husband is "under scrutiny". I still think there are other possibilities in this case though; keeping an open mind on this one so far!

:cool:

otto said:
If the 15 year old neighbour is responsible, that means he was out of the house at around 11 in the evening and got home a while later. His parents should know if he was out at that time, I hope. I'm not sure that plucking eyebrows and eye lashes makes someone capable of murder, but hopefully there is more to his history that makes him more of a likely suspect.

Hi otto: OT: I know you didn't mean to be funny, but with respect, I couldn't help but hold back a grin at the underlined part of your post...

Surely they're taking complete DNA samples from everyone that was in that house over a +- 18 hour period from well before 9-10pm through to the arrival of emergency & LE the following day?

It's a real pity that a 15-yr old child should be regarded as 'scary' in his community, too :(

SewingDeb said:
Hopefully the killer left DNA evidence behind in some form.

Hi Sewing Deb and wufdude; thanks for your responses. Nope, don't get Greta. Dying to know if anyone caught the program; Love her or leave her - this is so down Nancy G's street.

Hmmm. The business-trip, fax issue and if he called Michelle remain of interest. Wonder if (quote) 'testimony clashes' with the business trip side of things? Someone posted the 5-hour travel distance. What kind of an hour is that to travel? He'd arrive at what ... +- 5 am ish. That's OK to get a couple of hours sleep, but it must have been a critical meeting. If it was for a such a brief period of time (he was at his parents circa midday), seems more rational to arrange a later meeting and, if driving's your thing, just return the same afternoon. (Uh-oh. My hinky-meter is squeaking again.)

christine2448 said:
Lots of interesting comments over there..which are you refering to?

Sooo, did we know who the guest was, so this poster says it's a girl and they were watching Greys.

Interesting about the 15 yr old neighbor....anyone watch Dateline last night?

Hi christine... Nope, not heard who 'the company' was, yet.

Well: if the neighbors have been following the news and various forums and didn't know their 15-yr child spooks some in their local community - they sure know by now!

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi Sewing Deb and wufdude; thanks for your responses. Nope, don't get Greta. Dying to know if anyone caught the program; Love her or leave her - this is so down Nancy G's street.

I watched it but there wasn't really anything new. If you read all of the links to the news articles in the case, you're caught up. I do like watching these shows because there is video and such. I am desperate for more info to come out.

It seems as if there are more murders in NC, and shoddy police work! I am DISGUSTED Mike Nifong was re-elected!

I am also OUTRAGED that no charges were brought against the sheriff, and his racketeering deputies! :banghead: :furious:

I have begged and pleaded alll this time to find out exactly how my brother died, and still no answers!

I did get the GSR results, they came back NEGATIVE!:waitasec:
Why are they so uptight about re-opening the case?! Could it be because they KNOW they botched evidence, and testimony?! :silenced:

I will NEVER give up! There MUST be resolution, prosecution, and restitution!!!!:behindbar

I pray each day for justice, and not just for me, but ALL of the familes who have lost loved ones!!!

I don't know about living in Durham, but I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to be caught dead there!!!:razz:

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi christine... Nope, not heard who 'the company' was, yet.

Well: if the neighbors have been following the news and various forums and didn't know their 15-yr child spooks some in their local community - they sure know by now!
Hiya PSAnnie! What I meant was, we know now it was a girl, watching GA with her, if this poster's info is accurate.

I'm kind of confused, probably because I haven't been reading the posts/links closely enough. What does the husband do for a living? I know that my husband has left late at night or in the evening to travel to a place where he is having a business meeting the next morning. If this is the case with the husband, it can easily be checked out.

However, barring this checking out, it seems that the husband left that night (after killing his wife) to go to some business meeting, you know, sort of like Neil Entwistle leaving his murdered wife and child behind.

I wonder if the husband has a girlfriend and/or was leading some kind of secret life or had debts of some sort.

How much life insurance was on his wife?

I'm big for jumping to conclusions... So, at this point, the husband is my prime suspect.

I am surprised that his stepfather told him to clam up and get a lawyer. If the guy has nothing to hide, why not talk to police? Doesn't he want the real killer found??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup