Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wufdude said:
looks like Sean Astin to me.

LOL, thanks, we were posting at the same time..you were right...AND YOU WIN......ahhh, NOTHING, sorry! :blowkiss:

OK, here is something kinda OT. Does anyone know why Jason's stepdad would have been notified of Michelle's death BEFORE Jason was? It seems like LE would have told him first. Unless, someone else called Jason's stepdad's house to give the news (like a relative). What do you think?

Seems like I read that Jason was outside when the step-dad came out and told him. Maybe Jason was en route to his parent's home and the call had already come to the house. Step-dad goes out to tell Jason as he's getting out of his car to come in? Maybe step-dad didn't want to call him on a cell phone to let him know?

Since it has been brought up and sounds like notification by LE was made over the phone, I find that odd. Notification of this type is usually made by LE in person for several reasons. One of the reasons being, a LE officer being present to witness the initial reactions when receiving the news. Bad call by LE if they didn't make this notification in person. They missed a good opportunity to observe first hand the emotions or lack of.

Looks like Greta will be talking about this case tonight.

Wednesday, November 8:
• A small N. Carolina town is in shock over the homicide of a young, pregnant mother inside her own home! As authorities piece together evidence, Greta investigates the unsolved murder mystery of Michelle Marie Young!

IndyLaw said:

Wednesday, November 8:
• A small N. Carolina town is in shock over the homicide of a young, pregnant mother inside her own home! As authorities piece together evidence, Greta investigates the unsolved murder mystery of Michelle Marie Young!
Missed that. Thanks for posting!

btw supposedly new developments have occurred in the Abaroa case. Eerily similar circumstances around that death and only separated by about a 1/2 hour.....

IndyLaw said:

Wednesday, November 8:
Thanks for posting!!!!I will definately have to check it out!

wufdude said:
Missed that. Thanks for posting!

btw supposedly new developments have occurred in the Abaroa case. Eerily similar circumstances around that death and only separated by about a 1/2 hour.....
Wow that is interesting , wonder if they are connected? A serial killer stalking pregnant women. I guess it could happen in this crazy world.

cynpat2000 said:
Wow that is interesting , wonder if they are connected? A serial killer stalking pregnant women. I guess it could happen in this crazy world.
No, I'm not buying it. Wasn't Janet Aboroa (sp?) barely pregnant and this girl was only four months' pregnant?? Neither girl was probably showing. I am inclined to think that someone close to each committed the murders.

nanandjim said:
No, I'm not buying it. Wasn't Janet Aboroa (sp?) barely pregnant and this girl was only four months' pregnant?? Neither girl was probably showing. I am inclined to think that someone close to each committed the murders.
I definitely don't think they are connected at all. Just weird that news would pop up on the Abaroa case when circumstances are so similar.

IndyLaw said:

Wednesday, November 8:

Thanks for keeping us posted! I will be watching!

opme said:
The sister mentioned during the 911 call that the she was stiff and cold which indicates that she was in rigor mortis. From what i understand about rigor mortis it generally sets in between 12 to 72 hours after death.

I hope you don't mind that I snipped your post, but I double checked on the time that rigor sets in and it seems to be about 2 hours:

"Usually about two hours of the person dying, rigor mortis sets in. Which is a Latin term meaning "the stiffness of death". The internal chemistry of the body changes from its normal acid state to an alkaline one. This causes the muscles which were once relaxed at the time of death to tense and stiffen. Rigor mortis begins with the eyelids and then progresses to the muscles of the face, and then to the arms, torso and finally the legs. Within twelve hours rigor mortis has been fully established and the body is stiff and as unbending as a block of unbending wood. The body can remain in this condition for any time between twelve and forty-eight hours, until the body returns to a natural acid state. This reverse process affects the muscles in the same order in which rigor mortis stiffened them from the eyelids to the legs" (http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1501608)

"2. rigor mortis - muscular stiffening that begins 2 to 4 hours after death and last for about 4 days" (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rigor+mortis)

That means that if she was found at 1:30, she could have died any time between midnight and 11:00 in the morning.

Michelle was a financial advisor, which tells me that she was probably a fairly level headed person. If her sister held it together during the 911 phone call, it is probably because she too is level headed and was able to override her emotions to help Michelle's daughter. I don't find it terribly suspicious that she wasn't falling apart during the 911 call.

Also, the stepfather telling the husband to lawyer up is not that unusual. The police, and probably many other people, are going to look at the husband first so the husband wants to be careful that he is not railroaded into a conviction because he says something stupid. It's not like innocent people have never been found guilty. All this aside, I think the husband looks like a likely suspect and the fax still bothers me.

What could be in the fax that is so important that it couldn't wait until the weekend. What needed to be looked after at 1:30 on a Friday afternoon that couldn't wait until Monday? Why wasn't it faxed to his office or his wife's office? Some people have suggested a surprise vacation itinerary, but that could have waited or have been faxed to his office. If she was supposed to pick it up, what was she supposed to do with it? I have a feeling that the contents in the fax is what triggered suspicions onto the husband ... that is, that there was no real reason for the sister in law to collect the fax.

I hope that the Wake County LE are better than the Durham LE when it comes to murder investigations. There is a case so similiar to this one STILL NOT SOLVED in Durham from April 2005 involving Janet Abaroa who was also pregnant, had a young child in the home at the time of her murder and LE continues to say that famous line "Not a random crime".

christine2448 said:
Why not? What do you think the probable cause would have to be? I'm trying to understand this probable cause stuff.

Please see my earlier posts. Maybe you can clear up for us?

ETA...I rearead AGAIN my posts about probable cause:

When there are grounds for suspicion that a person has committed a crime or misdemeanor, and public justice and the good of the community require that the matter should be examined, there is said to be a probable cause for, making a charge against the accused, however malicious the intention of the accuser may have been. And probable cause will be presumed till the contrary appears.

So, all they need to prove probable cause is grounds for suspicion, HE IS THE HUSBAND, there is most definitly grounds for suspicion.....I agree with Deb.
Warrants are not easy to get. LE can't go to a judge with "Hey we like this guy for the crime, give us a warrant to search his ____." No judge is going to do that. There are constitutional rights. Furthermore, erroneously obtained warrants will NOT hold up at trial, and thus any evidence obtained would be excluded. No prosecutor or LE official is going to risk letting an SOB get off on a technicality like that. Our neighbor is a detective and you have to have all your ducks in a row before a judge will sign off on a search warrant.

Even if the HUSBAND refused to have LE search his vehicle, they could not obtain a warrant without being able to show the judge some proof that he could have been involved in his wife's murder.

We don't know at this point what LE has ascertained simply from questioning. Think about Peterson; his story didn't jive, he was using the wrong tackle, inconsistencies in his story, and there was more, circumstantial, yes, but reasonably suspect. This was grounds for probable cause. You can't start violating an individual's constitutional rights just because he is the most likely (statistically) perpetrator of the crime.

I also agree the sister was tempering her reaction for the benefit of the baby. I have a child that age. If, God forbid, I would walk in and find my husband in such a way and my kids were there, I would hope I would do my best to stay calm and not start screaming and go into hysterics because it would only cause my children to do the same. She was trying to keep the baby out of the room the mama was in, I would have done the same. Remember that poor tiny girl didn't have her primary support system, and Meredith didn't know whether the girl saw anything, how long her sister was dead etc. When I first listened to the 911 tape I was disturbed and suspicious, but as I carefully weighed everything, I find Meredith's actions reasonable.

LE is no doubt going to keep this one close to it's vest in order to NAIL everyone who had any role in this.

ETA they did talk about the vehicle seizure, probable cause versus order of testimony in the above article (Sabal's post)

Thanks for the Greta alert, Shamrock!
As I live o/seas, looking forward to snippets!

Otto, I agree with you about the fax: did I read somewhere his wife wasn't supposed to know about it? if so, why have a fax sent to the family home... and yeah: what was Meredith supposed to do with it?

Meredith says Michelle was supposed to be at work; I still wonder why Jason didn't put a call through to advise he'd arrived OK and check how things are at home. Seems he made no calls - but sent his sil to the house to collect a fax? If he could call Meredith - why couldn't he call Michelle?

Phone records will tell more. Just sounds very odd!

Presumed time of crime/death and apparent time of Jason's journey seem to ring the alarm bells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup