Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Wake Co. Sheriff Donnie Harrison was just days from an election when this murder occurred. Is it possible, rather than admitting he had a homicidal maniac running around on his hands and that he hadn't kept people in this affluent neighborhood safe, it was much easier to tell the public this wasn't random and there was no cause for alarm? #comments[/url][/QUOTE]

Sorry if this has been addressed before, I am behind in my reading of posts, but the Donnie Harrison election was not predicted to be a close race AT ALL! He was the incumbent with a fairly unknown challenger.

I am wondering why this case has garnered so much national attention, similarities to Laci? Willingness of Michelle's mom to speak to the press? I just keep contrasting media coverage with that for Janet Albaroa. Pregnant mom with a young child at home when she was discovered murdered by her husband who in my opinion is the murderer. Both of these occurred in the area known locally as the triangle. But unfortunately for Janet, her murder occurred in Durham where murders are a daily occurence!

MrsMush99 said:
Close, at first I thought that's what is was, but with several playbacks, and knowing baby speak as my son is the same age, I'm getting gotta, not daddy. I'm on my fourth time right now listening to it. Just trying to make out what she said. Also, I'm not hearing washcloth. The 911 call I'm listening to cuts off after they contact LE. I'm going to go and listen AGAIN, after I make my bed and straighten up my house a bit. LOL

I've listened to the 911 call repeatedly. I do hear the part where Cassidy asks her aunt about getting a washcloth and Meredith replies, "Yes, sweetie."

I don't hear the word "Daddy" anywhere in there. This is what I hear:

Meredith: Sweetie, did you see what happened to Mommy?

Cassidy: Uh-uh

Meredith: Did she fall?

Cassidy: Um...um...she gotta boo...She got boo-boos everywhere and...and...she got (Dispatcher cuts in to ask: Alright, do you think she's beyond any help?)

SewingDeb said:
My fiance is just now starting to talk about what I want for Christmas and asking for a list. This is early for him but he vowed not to wait until the last minute this year. We each have four children so I'm glad he is getting their lists now, too.

I don't think men usually think about Christmas presents until after Thanksgiving.

IMHO Sewing Deb you're fiance' must be a real gem! My husband thinks about and panics over buying me a gift on Christmas EVE! He did however give me a wonderful birthday present last year, Miss Gracie!!

Scout said:
I've listened to the 911 call repeatedly. I do hear the part where Cassidy asks her aunt about getting a washcloth and Meredith replies, "Yes, sweetie."

I don't hear the word "Daddy" anywhere in there. This is what I hear:
Oh Thank You Scout!!! I thought I was hearing things. At least I'm not the only one. I just listened to again, but didn't hear washcloth, but now that I know what Meredith says I'm going to go back and listen AGAIN.

pack_fan said:
Take this for what it is worth, friends of Michelle's have said that this is case. No contact between them and the family is convinced he did it. Same friends who went to school with Michelle and were close with Jason AND Michelle are convinced he did not. Lots of strong opinions on both sides, based strictly on speculation. I don't know the reasoning behind such strong feelings by Michelle's family, could possibly have something to do with just what you mentioned, (911 call, what Cassidy told Meredith). I'm not trying to spread rumors, I have heard more info than I am willing to share simply because of the strong feelings and speculation but I am convinced that this info is very reliable.

thanks pack...i understand where you're 'coming from'.....i got up to clean up a bit before my great niece gets here, & forgot i was still logged in, lol....she should be here anytime now....got another cup of coffee & am waiting....

any info/rumor, whatever you might hear, that you WANT to share would be appreciated, IMO

thanks again:)

nanandjim said:
Is this the guy who also had several affairs and who either left a function early or didn't attend some function?? If so, I just couldn't believe that this guy was found not guilty.
Same guy - affairs with his high school students even - and I couldn't believe the verdict either, I don't know of anyone who thought he was innocent as the case and trial unfolded. Lots of things pointing to him but I will say he had a very sharp lawyer (Askinosie). The case remains unresolved.

fran said:
HI PSA! :D

I think the poster at CTV is taking the info that LE had taken fingerprints etc from others as they MAY have another suspect.

IMO, it's probably for a process of elimination. They also MUST look at other avenues as well. They can't have the defense come back with a 'rush to judgment' and 'tunnel vision on Jason.'

I have faith this case will be solved and I don't think most of us will be surprised at who will be eventually arrested for this crime. IMO, LE is just making sure they have EVIDENCE and ELIMINATE reasonable doubt. The fact they've searched the house for ten days and the DA's office was in the home the other day speaks volumes, IMO.

JMHO
fran

Thanks fran ....and helloooo :blowkiss: Yup, s'pose I read that post so quickly ... and charged back here: did seem the CTV poster was breaking news, so to speak; however, I knew some of the folk here would either have watched Greta or know the buzz.... With you on this case being solved, too.

This time, there are certainly no leaks, eh? It's happening so fast and the cards as you said (way back) are so close to LE's vest that maybe Nat Enquirer haven't even got time to get an issue out on this, lol :D :D

A few posts back, someone may have thought they heard "gotta"- I am wondering if Cassidy could have said "gotta" and it came out as "dotta"- (I am not sure that all children can pronounce a "hard g sound" at that age? I haven't heard the call myself, this is just a speculation. Also, I am not sure how words are pronounced in NC- as I am from the north- but for a while one of my own children would say things like, "do we dotta doe" instead of "do we gotta go"...) Just ignore me if it sounds stupid...

JLJames said:
[font=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Photograph Date: 2/9/1996[/font]
0261F600.JPG

I worry about my daughter in NC all the time. It bugs the hell out of me that they don't have fences there. Wouldn't help if it was the hubby, though.

Sorry that you worrry. Wake Co, where Michelle lived is actually a very safe place to live. What kind of fences do you have out there?

close_enough said:
lol...the first thing i did when i woke up this morning, was fix my big glass of Ovaltine while coffee was brewing...i got on my computer & asked my husband to sit w/me & listen to the call....i told him to listen really 'hard'....he heard the word washcloth, (which i had actually missed first time hearing it) & raised his eyebrows & looked at me as soon as he heard Cassie's response to "do you know what happened to Mommy?"....he also heard her say "Daddy B"...then the "beeding everywhere" afterward....

We played it in the office really loud and every single person in here says they believe she says "Daddy," and then the bee of something and "beeding everywhere." We also all heard her ask about a washcloth. We all heard the word washcloth.

Boyz_Mum said:
A few posts back, someone may have thought they heard "gotta"- I am wondering if Cassidy could have said "gotta" and it came out as "dotta"- (I am not sure that all children can pronounce a "hard g sound" at that age? I haven't heard the call myself, this is just a speculation. Also, I am not sure how words are pronounced in NC- as I am from the north- but for a while one of my own children would say things like, "do we dotta doe" instead of "do we gotta go"...) Just ignore me if it sounds stupid...

That baby talk is so cute! I love to hear my grandchildren talk.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi close and MrsM: some of Cassidy's words I feel to be very clear are :mummy, boo-boos, Daddy, beed/bead/beat; beeding, everywhere, can we get a washcloth, OK ..

i'm with ya PS...i hear all of those words ....

less0305 said:
We played it in the office really loud and every single person in here says they believe she says "Daddy," and then the bee of something and "beeding everywhere." We also all heard her ask about a washcloth. We all heard the word washcloth.

yep, i had my speakers turned up almost full blast, & then w/my headset on, it's even more clear to me....

pack_fan said:
Take this for what it is worth, friends of Michelle's have said that this is case. No contact between them and the family is convinced he did it. Same friends who went to school with Michelle and were close with Jason AND Michelle are convinced he did not. Lots of strong opinions on both sides, based strictly on speculation. I don't know the reasoning behind such strong feelings by Michelle's family, could possibly have something to do with just what you mentioned, (911 call, what Cassidy told Meredith). I'm not trying to spread rumors, I have heard more info than I am willing to share simply because of the strong feelings and speculation but I am convinced that this info is very reliable.
Deja vu - no one thought Scott P had anything to do with Laci's death either, including Laci's mother, but as time went on things began to clear. The perfect couple, the perfect marrage was an elaborate play and the perfect son/son-in-law was indeed a murderer. Here's hoping this man did not murder his wife - but time will tell and opinions may change.

booradley said:

"Wake Co. Sheriff Donnie Harrison was just days from an election when this murder occurred.
I am wondering why this case has garnered so much national attention, similarities to Laci? Willingness of Michelle's mom to speak to the press? I just keep contrasting media coverage with that for Janet Albaroa. Pregnant mom with a young child at home when she was discovered murdered by her husband who in my opinion is the murderer. Both of these occurred in the area known locally as the triangle. But unfortunately for Janet, her murder occurred in Durham where murders are a daily occurence!

Oh gosh, booradley: NO life is more important than another - and no homidice, abduction, attack (etc) is more 'valuable' than another either. Life pans out in the most mysterious ways ... and with statistics they way they are, maybe a forum that's entitled Pregnancy Homicides may allow us to group together and focus on the overall subject matter - as heinous an option that may be to consider.

Maybe that way, when LE or the media 'come browsing' the pain of other victims' families may be felt - if not serve as reminder? I don't know ... but I most definitely will never stoop to the level that the "dumb-poster" made when articulating Michelle's homicide happened on the eve of some election.

That's a truly vile thought - and I agree with a rcent post elsewhere I saw in BlogWorld ... for a 'known' relative of Jason to even think that way in a time of sadness beggars belief.

It's quite different to use a SUBJECT (slaying of pregnant women/wives/spouses) ... for whatever purposes: but to zone in on a REAL LIFE that's been snatched? For political gain? Ugh! I can't get my head around that thought...

I may be wrong b/c I wasn't following very closely. But in one part of Nancy Grace last night they said the dad is not a suspect and gave blood and DNA and has cooperated. But I thought I heard somewhere else that the court ordered the blood samples. Can someone clear this up for me?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Someone earlier mentioned if a toddler would understand the word 'beat' - I tend to wonder, too. Guess all we can do is speculate, but sorry if my earlier post was confusing - I was trying to get the 'beeding' across. Maybe she said Daddy's beeding?

When she said earlier in the tape: mommy's 'boo-boos' - could that be Cassidy-speak for a 'sore'? Or sleeping? Michelle was on her tummy?
Bless her: did anyone else think Cassidy did not sound distressed? She must have been confused regarding the long silence and (one suspects) she thought her mommy was sleeping... but she seemed to understand there was blood.

Gosh - look at us: could be a zillion combinations in her brief language conception....

Boo-boo is very commonly used in this area to mean cuts or sores. All of my children said boo-boo when showing me where they were hurt when they were Cassidy's age, so she's talking about her mother's injuries.

MrsMush99 said:
Oh Thank You Scout!!! I thought I was hearing things. At least I'm not the only one. I just listened to again, but didn't hear washcloth, but now that I know what Meredith says I'm going to go back and listen AGAIN.

You're welcome, MrsMush. I typed up some more of what I hear in the call:

Meredith: Cassidy, come here, sweetie. I'm here with her daughter.

Dispatcher: 'kay.

Meredith: There's...there's like blood footprints all over the house from her daugther...like her daughter's little footprints.

Dispatcher: 'kay, listen to me. What's your first name?

Meredith: Meredith

Dispatcher: Alright, Meredith...

Meredith: Yes sir.

Dispatcher: Did you see what happened?

Meredith: I..I..I just came here on a fluke. I usually...you know...don't come here during the day.

Dispatcher: Okay.

Meredith: She shouldn't be home. She should be at work. Like...

Dispatcher: Okay, listen to me.

Meredith: Yes sir.

Meredith: (inaudible) right now.

Dispatcher: Did you say...Can you tell me why she looks de...looks like she's dead?

Meredith: I don't know. I have no idea. There's blood all over the place.

Dispatcher: 'kay, did you say she's cold?

Meredith: Sh..uh yes.

Dispatcher: m'kay.

Meredith: Yes. (crying)

Dispatcher: Alright, stay on the phone.

Meredith: Okay

Cassidy: (inaudible) there's blood. Can you see my...(inaudible)...get a washcloth into my...(inaudible)...?

Meredith: Yes, sweetie.

(Cassidy still talking but inaudible.)

Meredith: Sweetie, did you see what happened to Mommy?

Cassidy: Uh-uh

Meredith: Did she fall?

Cassidy: Um...um...she gotta boo...She got boo-boos everywhere and...and...she got (Dispatcher cuts in to ask: Alright, do you think she's beyond any help?)

Hope that helps. I do think the husband is the most likely suspect, but I don't think Cassidy saw the violence inflicted on her mother.

2sisters said:
I may be wrong b/c I wasn't following very closely. But in one part of Nancy Grace last night they said the dad is not a suspect and gave blood and DNA and has cooperated. But I thought I heard somewhere else that the court ordered the blood samples. Can someone clear this up for me?
I think that he did willingly give blood but LE also had gotten a warrant. Anyway, I don't think that his DNA will work to incriminate him; and he probably knows it. I believe that he returned to the home and hit his wife with a blunt object first while she was sleeping. I don't think that she had a chance to defend herself or scratch her killer.

At this point, I believe that the husband is the perp. I will apologize if I am wrong...which I often am... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77