Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

MrsMush99 said:
I was here during Laci also and the two crashes. That case really got to me. I feel myself going in that direction again with this one. That means my house won't be cleaned for awhile!! I keep running back and forth to the computer, clean something, come back, clean something, come back, LOL.

OMG!!! You should see my desk! Bleck.... OK. I'm coming out of the closet with: Confessions of a W/S Addict in Relapse Mode:

Last night hubby brought take-out home - first time in months. Shhhhhh! :silenced:

:D

To all

I went back in search of articles to see about fingerprint colection in this case and found the following:

http://www.wral.com/news/10330306/detail.html

"Over the course of the investigation, they have taken fingerprints from any person who had access to the house, including Young's husband, Jason Young, who gave his fingerprints under a court order.

"Just because someone is being fingerprinted does not mean they're a suspect.," said Sam Pennica, director for the City County Bureau of Identification, which is analyzing physical evidence in the case. "They must identify every single fingerprint found in the home."

So it appears many have voluntarily given fingerprints, Jason being the exception. Again, he has a lawyer and was probably advised to not give anything. I also spoke with a friend of mine who is an investigator for the Missouri Highway Patrol - laughingly he told me if he went to a judge requesting a court order for personal samples on the sole excuse the person was a spouse to a murder victim - the judge most likely would slap him stupid, at best send him away to find something real.

I'm going to mention this again because the posts are coming so fast that I'm afraid it was missed and I think it's important.

I think they should swab the dogs teeth to see if there is any HUMAN DNA. What if the dog bit the perp?? I think that's something that should be looked into.

kahskye said:
I've been mainly reading, but haven't been able to keep up w/ all of this. Maybe this was mentioned, but could this "person" claiming to be a friend actually be Jason trying to make himself look innocent?

Kahskye ... you know ... when I saw the same post posted over and over the web, I really wondered ... Jason or a sibling? We've seen this in families before, too. There was just tooo much detail; tooo many quick and valid 'rationale' replies. Too many answers and a sure-fire overkill on a very cluttered alibi.

If this person is that intense about 'facts' then I'd say he/she ought to phone Greta and get on that show real-quick and set the record straight. Remaining anonymous is just that: anonymous...

MrsMush99 said:
I'm going to mention this again because the posts are coming so fast that I'm afraid it was missed and I think it's important.

I think they should swab the dogs teeth to see if there is any HUMAN DNA. What if the dog bit the perp?? I think that's something that should be looked into.

Good point!! I'm sure they will test the dog. I know it's been mentioned before but I haven't seen the breed of dog mentioned. Anyone know what it is? It's so hard to keep up with the 80+ pages of posts. I wish we could have a forum for this one....

Shamrock said:
Good point!! I'm sure they will test the dog. I know it's been mentioned before but I haven't seen the breed of dog mentioned. Anyone know what it is? It's so hard to keep up with the 80+ pages of posts. I wish we could have a forum for this one....
The mods like to wait to see where the case is going before they assign a forum. If this thread was locked that would help. I would also like to see a forum for this because there is so much information about different topics that it would be nice to have it all seperated.

raisincharlie said:
So it appears many have voluntarily given fingerprints, Jason being the exception. Again, he has a lawyer and was probably advised to not give anything. I also spoke with a friend of mine who is an investigator for the Missouri Highway Patrol - laughingly he told me if he went to a judge requesting a court order for personal samples on the sole excuse the person was a spouse to a murder victim - the judge most likely would slap him stupid, at best send him away to find something real.

Hi again, charlie :) that's been tugging at me all along: the probable cause and being the *only* person to be ordered to.

So as the husband - he has to know what 'being ordered to submit' would look like in the eye of the public. If he genuinely didn't know - then what made him go for a lawyer to begin with. You either have something to hide or nothing to hide. (And he went legal instantly. We are the result of our actions, I s'pose...)

Thanks for the feed-back from your LE friends re granting an order for being the husband of a murder victim.

"A Friend of Jasons" just posted that Authorities have NOT questioned Jason..:confused: . Who is this person?

MrsMush99 said:

I read your post and meant to respond then! I agree with you. I don't think an additional swab in the dog's mouth would be a bad idea at all. (I also wonder if they check doctors/hospitals in case a person were to come in with a dog bite on or about that particular day?) Also, earlier in the thread someone may have thought the dog was a "rotweiller" type breed- don't know of confirmation on that. But if that's the right breed of dog, I thought their jaws LOCK when biting down on something (meaning they have to bite clear through something before they can release it)? That would lead me to believe if the dog got hold of something it wouldn't be easy to squirm free? So if the dog really is a rotweiller, I would guess it would be very aggressive if an intruder was in the home- and perhaps not so aggressive if Jason or anyone who knew the dog was involved. Sorry for the dog tangent here!

Shamrock said:

Yes that was a good point brought up by MRS.Mush.

I think the mods are waiting until this thread reaches 40,000 hits.

Shadow205 said:
No, Michelle's was a MeM(making everlasting memories) web page. These are a 90 day web page honoring your loved one. You can read more about how the web site works at this link : http://www.mem.com/products/announcement/prod_Announcement.asp

Okay, I misunderstood when the news article stated the obituary and tribute were on the fh's website to mean that was the only place it was posted.

Shamrock said:

Hi Shamrock - not sure if this will help, but I just went to my profile and increased number of posts per page! Now I've only go 36 pages of posts, lol.

Not sure if it'll suit you - but if a forum does come along, it's easier reading in the interim...

Just a thought :)

Masissy said:
"A Friend of Jasons" just posted that Authorities have NOT questioned Jason..:confused: . Who is this person?

Hi Masissy! w/c back ... WOW: Where was this posted?

packerdog said:
Yes that was a good point brought up by MRS.Mush.

I think the mods are waiting until this thread reaches 40,000 hits.
:laugh: Are we there yet?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi Shamrock - not sure if this will help, but I just went to my profile and increased number of posts per page! Now I've only go 36 pages of posts, lol.

Not sure if it'll suit you - but if a forum does come along, it's easier reading in the interim...

Just a thought :)

Oh good idea!! I shall do that! Thanks!

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi again, charlie :) that's been tugging at me all along: the probable cause and being the *only* person to be ordered to.

So as the husband - he has to know what 'being ordered to submit' would look like in the eye of the public. If he genuinely didn't know - then what made him go for a lawyer to begin with. You either have something to hide or nothing to hide. (And he went legal instantly. We are the result of our actions, I s'pose...)

Thanks for the feed-back from your LE friends re granting an order for being the husband of a murder victim.
PSA,

I knew I had read an answer to your question somewhere so I searched articles again.

Apparently, the decision for Jason to have a lawyer is being claimed by his step-father who adamently expressed no desire for Jason to speak with any authorities. This is an interesting article.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/507222.html

"When Jason Young arrived back in the Raleigh area, the sheriff's office impounded his sport utility vehicle with all of the luggage belonging to him, his mother, sister and brother-in-law, he said.

McIntyre said he told Jason Young to get a lawyer. He said he was afraid that police would pin the death on his stepson, regardless of evidence. "I do not want my son to be talking to any type of investigators," he said. "They're not going to be trustworthy when they talk to him."

Here is a bit more about the order and information indicating that it did not require him to speak with or be questioned by authorities:

http://www.newsobserver.com/928/story/508250.html

A Wake County Superior Court judge ordered Jason Young this week to provide sheriff's office investigators with fingerprints, blood samples or other forms of material evidence, said Colon Willoughby, Wake County's district attorney.

On Wednesday morning, Young went with his attorney to the sheriff's office in Raleigh to follow through with what is called a nontestimonial identification order, Willoughby said. The standard form used in nontestimonial identification orders refers to the targeted person -- Young in this case -- as a suspect but does not require that the person make a statement, nor can he or she be interrogated by detectives, Willoughby said.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Read the following on Courttv Boards.[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]"LE is telling people who are being questioned, that Jason is no cooperating with LE. And that he is not the "nice" guy his friends think he is."[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela