Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there Boyz_Mum :)

Yes, they did (do) have a dog as Meredith claimed the dog was 'freaking out'. I wondered who was looking after him/her earlier. .

What a great thought about Michelle's bedroom. It' clear from the 911 call she was face down, on the floor, next to her bed with blood in the bed. How right you are - that a random killer made a 'bee-line' straight to her room - and nothing else was stolen/missing. No forced entry. Not a random murder. The picture gets clearer and clearer.

I agree with you and taxi-mom about the "logic" of swinging by his parents from a business trip.

1 + 1 is not equalling 2...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Taximom said:
I'll just fall off my seat if there's a mistress out there taping phone calls with him at this moment!:cool:

Ya'know ... I burst out laughing, Taximom! Wow, felt good to hear myself laugh haha :D and maybe he was going to spend Saturday with his step dad and ...... go fishin

:D

In the early stages of this case from what little info we were given I too saw the obvious signs pointing to Jason but I'm definitely off in other directions now because of the many possibilities that are imo a reality and no arrest in what was originally tagged not a random crime is glaringly obvious to me. If Jason is behind this then I'm of the opinion that LE cannot directly place him there in that timeframe and is considering a hired hit which would explain the digging for dirt comment made if true. Many rumors such as the gambling debts one have been looked at and discounted (Greta?)

For those that missed an earlier post of mine in these vast pages I say again look at the pic of that house and the overall setup there and tell me how hard it would be to climb up into a second floor window from that roof or one of the gutters? She was killed in the bedroom and depending on the weather may have had a window cracked while she slept for fresh air as I myself often do, yes in November. A stranger or hitman if that's what you're inclined to believe would bypass the dog and go undetected by neighbors since it's been verified it's very dark there at night. We also now know of trailers right behind this house which in itself means nothing simply food for thought and the woods all of which indicate that anyone at anytime can be lurking looking for that opportunity.

I can clearly see where a drug addicted criminal or sexual predator didn't get to accomplish the intended offense seeing what a violent altercation and what probably got loud. The weapon if known hasn't been disclosed either or blood tracked outside, into the garage or on the roof or the drains in the house from the shower. Scott Dyleski took a shower or cleaned up at least. Aren't the meth heads and Dandrige/Grey types usually there looking for cash and jewlery rather than a big screen tv? The Harvey's house entered at random in broad daylight with the husband home and they had guns but the victims weren't shot and even a neighbor had been by. LE didn't admit anything to the public till the arrest was made.

Just trying to keep an open mind since we do live in a world in which senseless crimes are committed everyday and I hope this crime is solved and soon.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4765467

"I would like to see justice," Buckey (coach) said. "I think it's just a horrible cruel thing, especially leaving her daughter right there."

Everyone who knew Michelle Fisher Young and has spoken publicly since her death always notes her ability to light up a room with her smile. "She was just always smiling," she said. "Even when she probably shouldn't have been smiling, she was smiling."

(more at link)

wufdude said:
I've been busy and haven't had a chance to chime in lately. I've really not heard much of anything new lately. The Sheriff's Office is really keeping everything under the vest and have allowed very little to leak.

I'm very curious about the supposed trip that evening to Virginia, meeting that morning and then down to Brevard by midday. As most of you have probably seen on maps, Brevard is along the southern border of NC almost in GA thus it is not that close to many points in VA. In all honesty, it is probably closer to get back to Raleigh from most any points in VA than it is to get to Brevard. It's just not a logical "let me stop by my parent's house while I'm out this way" kinda trip.
Thanks for this information - I had wondered several pages ago about what time his meeting was set for , how long it lasted - it had to have been very early and very short in order to get all the way to his folks house by noon if indeed the meeting was in Virginia. As you say, probably easier to get to Raleigh, and easier to get to Brevard from Raleigh.

Seems either the reports of a business meeting in Virginia are wrong, or possibly a fabrication at this point. Simple math doesn't support it. I'm quessing there was no business meeting in Virginia and if there was a business meeting at all, it was actually in N.C. somewhere south of Raleigh.

Just mumbling...

Hey Strach304! You have indeed brought up some valid points. A person could open a window for a little fresh air and an upstairs window wouldn't perhaps seem like a threat to security- it looks pretty high up in the pics. I would think though if an open window was the believed point of entry by LE there would have been signs indicating so- considering so much blood? Or wouldn't the screen have to be displaced to gain entry? (Not arguing the reasoning- just asking- please take no offense!) And anyone coming in through the window would risk that Michelle could have had a phone with her right in arms length, would risk that Michelle would hear someone on the roof/gutter before they could get in?

I don't know about the gambling debts (other than what I read here) but by Michelle's occupation as an accountant (I believe) I doubt there would have been a bunch of money alotted for gambling or Jason to have a lot of free reign with money. I am not saying it impossible for him to have incurred unmanageable debt but if my spouse were an accountant- he would be handling the money. (Assumption on my part- I know!) The home was very expensive and while we don't know the ammount owed, I do wonder if in the case of Michelle's death if it would have been paid off, I wonder if an insurance policy on Michelle existed and if it did, was the benefit alone enough to allow Jason to live rather freely with his daughter without much financial strain?

If the altercation got loud (as we would be inclined to think because of the circumstances) I can't imagine the dog not intervening or Cassidy sleeping through it. I can't grasp Cassidy being left alive if this were a stranger in the house. I apologize for not being able to think outside the box here! And you are right, there are a lot of senseless crimes committed today, I can't find a crime yet that isn't senseless.

I am trying to keep an open mind too, I just don't feel like a non random crime status points to a trailer park or intruder. I hope LE does come up with something concrete to arrest whomever committed this crime. As usual all the above is just my opinion...

Hi strach. If authorities hadn't confirmed, repeated and then confirmed once again that this was 'no random crime' - the basket of alternatives would be wide open and your post is, imo, a clear indication of logical alternative theories and possibilities. There has to be strong reason to make that call, surely? Forget gambling: good there's none (hearsay) ... but genuine insurance policies are behind thousands of murders.

The liklihood of the spouse remains, imo. It's become a heinous cop-out for some spouses. Strike 'some'. MOST spouses; when it comes to pregnant women deaths. Whether this is another spousal murder remains to be seen (as an aside, I feel it's a d-murder).

MAYBE it seems folk have jumped on Jason. However, he wasn't exactly forthcoming and has remained out of sight. Imagine how hard it was for Michelle's own mother to talk to the world. Jason did not even go and stand by her side. Michelle's work have not mentioned his name - eerily omitted elsewhere, too.

Until either he, or authorities are able to dispell all that's happened to date - then my hunch remains with Jason; otherwise I'm willing to give this another look. Seems the courts issued Jason notification to submit DNA samples, luggage, car, etc - while other people complied willingly and handed over what they had to.

JMHO ... and of course, let's hope this disgusting, growing 'trend' of men killing their pregnant partners/lovers/wives STOPS. I certainly don't want this perp to be Jason.
They had Porco on tape immediately after he bludgeoned his parents to death (his mom survived). It took over a year to arrest him. Some men are still 'free' while their preg-wife's murder is being investigated. Law is so politically corect these days, I feel LE prefer a stronger-than-strong case and waiting before arresting anyone. (Can't even use the word SUSPECT. Good grief.)

Notwithstanding the above - seems this case truly shows LE are looking at everyone and everything associated to Michelle in the weeks, days and hours leading up to her murder.

Taximom said:
Hi PSA! You can judge for yourself about the weather that day. I don't know any facts about that accident, so far be it from me to guess! :p

Weather report for Brevard, NC (Transylvania Cnty) for May 29, 2005:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KAVL/2005/5/29/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA (archives revert to city of Asheville info)

Psssss.....Otto, thanks for the info. My memory is lame.
WEll, let's see. There wasn't any snow on the ground, no ice, only a trace of percipitation, the mean temp was 57 degrees, no wind problems, the sky was clear all day until 4:54 pm which it begins with "partly cloudy" and from there goes into "mostly cloudy", "scattered clouds" at 6:54p to "light rain" at 9:54p which continued for several hours but was over by 12:54a on 5/30, the moon on the 29th was at 61% illumination but don't know how much that helped with the cloudy skies.

What time did the accident occur?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Good thought, otto! OK... So, we'll keep a growing list so (IN CASE) this thread turns into a forum? A mod/poster might open a thread "What we know" or "Details as emerged at time of crime" (or something) and then compare notes as info is revealed! If not, at the rate this thread is growing - every 10 pages we might drop in the list to update others (JerseyGirl had a time of it reading, lol)

Just a thought...

It's a good thought. This case may be solved quickly with a guilty plea, but it may stretch into a long denial and prosecution. I find the circumstances very suspicious and filled with odd coincidences. Accumulating a list of facts that we can refer back to when needed is an excellent idea.

I was thinking, PSA (as someone mentioned earlier), that you have a way of bringing everyone together and making everyone feel welcome and included. Has it ever been suggested that you have great leadership qualities? I'm guessing it has. :clap:

Taximom said:
Hi PSA! You can judge for yourself about the weather that day. I don't know any facts about that accident, so far be it from me to guess! :p

Weather report for Brevard, NC (Transylvania Cnty) for May 29, 2005:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KAVL/2005/5/29/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA (archives revert to city of Asheville info)

Psssss.....Otto, thanks for the info. My memory is lame.

I'm amazed at the information people know how to find! It looks like it was a beautiful day when they accidentally drove down an embankment into the river. Regarding Cassidy being in the car, I am assuming that because she was not mentioned, that she was not in the car. It only mentions that the two parents were not seriously injured. I'm also assuming that if Cassidy was in the car, the report would have said that she was also injured or uninjured. It's not conclusive, but it's a good hunch that she was somewhere else.

Sabal said:
Those of you who have been following/posting on this thread from the beginning will remember the slide show of pictures of Michelle that were at the link with the obit. Included in those pictures were pictures of her and Jason at their wedding and other pictures of them together. It seems that everything has been removed from the site, the obit and the picture memorial are no longer there.
At first I thought that the link was just not working but I searched the site for her memorial and it is no longer there. IMO, this could say a lot as to what her familt think happened. I'm sure if they suspect Jason now, they would not have wanted that memorial to remain the way it was with him in almost all of the pictures.

close_enough said:
ok, about Michelle being pregnant at the time of the car accident....it was said on Greta tonight that she was pregnant at that time.....

ALSOOOOO, it was posted at another board (from the same person that said the business trip was in VA) that Michelle had 'lost a baby' prior to getting pregnant with this child she was carrying, & that was due to the fact that the fetus/baby had stopped growing, therefore Michelle had to undergo an induced abortion.....

it was said that neither Michelle or Jason were seriously injured in the accident & that both went immediately to the hospital to get checked out....

ok, this is getting ridiculous....the length of pages on this thread is throwing the centering off..... :banghead:

Thanks for the update about Michelle indeed being pregnant at the time of the accident.

fran said:
FWIW, there was much speculation during pretrial and trial, Laci becoming faint were attempts by SP, via drugs, to cause a miscarriage. Remember? Laci called her doctor. Sharon even talked about Laci not walking in the last molnths because of the fainting spells.

IMO, it was an attempt to abort the baby. When it didn't work,.............well, we know what happened.

JMHO
fran

Thanks. You're right and that's what led us to wonder if Laci hadn't been drugged before she was murdered.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Hi strach. If authorities hadn't confirmed, repeated and then confirmed once again that this was 'no random crime' - the basket of alternatives would be wide open and your post is, imo, a clear indication of logical alternative theories and possibilities. There has to be strong reason to make that call, surely? Forget gambling: good there's none (hearsay) ... but genuine insurance policies are behind thousands of murders.
Not random could mean that it's someone she knows, not only Jason, ANYONE. Or maybe she was a target. I'm not saying I think she was a target for someone, just saying what not random could mean.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
The liklihood of the spouse remains, imo. It's become a heinous cop-out for some spouses. Strike 'some'. MOST spouses; when it comes to pregnant women deaths. Whether this is another spousal murder remains to be seen (as an aside, I feel it's a d-murder).
I'm wondering why with their second child he would murder her. What would be the motive for that? Surely it couldn't be because he didn't want to be a daddy, he already is. That's really bugging me. Maybe it has nothing to do with her being pregnant at all. Maybe he didn't murder her (if he did, of course) because of the baby. I automatically assume that if a pregnant woman is murdered it's because of the baby, but maybe that's not the case at all.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
MAYBE it seems folk have jumped on Jason. However, he wasn't exactly forthcoming and has remained out of sight. Imagine how hard it was for Michelle's own mother to talk to the world. Jason did not even go and stand by her side. Michelle's work have not mentioned his name - eerily omitted elsewhere, too.
I think it's too early to tell. Her family only gave one PC. They are not on the TV everyday giving PC's. Neither is LE for that matter. I don't even think LE gave one PC. And speaking out doesn't necessarily mean anything either. Remember Mark Hacking?? Killed Lori in their home, then dumped her in a dumpster and she was found in a landfill several months later. He spoke out begging for information. His father even stated this isn't like "the Laci Peterson case". Shows how much he knew.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Until either he, or authorities are able to dispell all that's happened to date - then my hunch remains with Jason; otherwise I'm willing to give this another look. Seems the courts issued Jason notification to submit DNA samples, luggage, car, etc - while other people complied willingly and handed over what they had to.
Maybe the court ordered it because he has an attorney. Remember we only know what the media is telling us. Maybe they didn't even ask Jason to submit it but right to the court to get a notification to submit because he has an attorney. You never know.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
JMHO ... and of course, let's hope this disgusting, growing 'trend' of men killing their pregnant partners/lovers/wives STOPS. I certainly don't want this perp to be Jason.
I agree.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
They had Porco on tape immediately after he bludgeoned his parents to death (his mom survived). It took over a year to arrest him. Some men are still 'free' while their preg-wife's murder is being investigated. Law is so politically corect these days, I feel LE prefer a stronger-than-strong case and waiting before arresting anyone. (Can't even use the word SUSPECT. Good grief.)
I think we are in for the long haul with this one. We keep hearing the same information over and over on the all the news station. I wish LE would come out and say something.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Notwithstanding the above - seems this case truly shows LE are looking at everyone and everything associated to Michelle in the weeks, days and hours leading up to her murder.
It seems like the are. I just really hope it doesn't turn our to be Jason that did this. But he is going to be looked at closely because he is the spouse. I just hope if it's not him they rule him out quickly so they can move on to find who really did this.

Boyz_Mum said:
I have a question, while I have been reading regularly, I *missed* how it was determined or related that the "business trip" was actually to Va. I am repeating someone else but I was too wondering how this trip to Va would "warrant" Jason swinging by the folks house after (if it appears that the folks are rather far from Va.)

While watching Greta on Tuesday night I think they read a "statement" from Jason's employer- Chart One confirmed he is/was an employee and they send their condolences to the family. That really made me think of SP because I would almost swear his employer kind of echoed these same sentiments? I am not implying anything but it felt like a deja vu moment.

The car accident in 05 does seem suspicious now, but probably wouldn't seem suspicious then. Until it was "coupled" with this murder, it kind of shines a new light towards it. Another thing that leaves me puzzled is that if Jason didn't want anymore children, what would have saved Cassidy? (IF Jason is the killer?)

Sometime back in the thread I believe a poster worked for the same Energy company as Michelle (not with her) but could possible know if the employer also has an insurance policy in place on all employees (that used to be a rather customary practice among large employers)- usually though it seems that payout on those policies can vary from 10,000 on up. BUT if Michelle was the main breadwinner in the family, it would make a lot of sense to have her life insured at a rather high benefit ammount. Has there been any confirmation on an existing insurance policy? (Also to any NC people out there, mortgage insurance will pay off the mortgage in the event of one spouses death, is it the same in NC?) Any of these things taken into consideration could suggest that there could be a financial motive IF Jason is the killer.

In another post, a person mentioned that Jason could have left a window open for a hired person to go through, the only problem I see with that scenerio is that if Michelle was security conscious, I would bet she checked every window/door in that house before she went to bed. I do a cursory check every night since the Lunsford case. But in the same vein I wonder if Jason left a hidden key and an "intruder" used that? (And did Meredith use that key as well to get in to collect the fax?)...

Okay, my last out loud thought here pertains to where Michelle was found. I am under the assumption she was in the couple's bedroom and it seems to be in the "upstairs" in the house. It seems as though the bedroom is a personal place and even in my house (very small) a person would have to check into each room to see which was my bedroom- meaning an intruder would have to almost travel the house to find me- wouldn't that send off a lot of noise to alert Michelle to someone sneaking around her house? Or could a person have been in hiding in the bedroom? I don't know, I think I just keep coming back to Jason because he would be able to get in the house rather quietly and have an excuse handy if Michelle were still awake. (There was a case of a lawyer who killed his wife from behind under the guise of making love to her- it wouldn't be hard for a man to stand behind his wife and hug her because I don't think we are suspicious of our mate thinking he might whack us in the head with something?)

And my other "last" thought... has it been confirmed that they have a dog?

Thanks all for being patient with my rambling thought process!

The info about the business trip to VA comes from a poster on another board that claims to know Jason.

As for the murder in the bedroom, that to me also seems like a very personal place for a murder. With 2800 square feet of house, it would take quite a bit of looking to know which room was the bedroom without having been in the home before. A stranger intruder could have accidentally gone into Cassidy's room, woken her and ... then what.

otto said:
It's a good thought. This case may be solved quickly with a guilty plea, but it may stretch into a long denial and prosecution. I find the circumstances very suspicious and filled with odd coincidences. Accumulating a list of facts that we can refer back to when needed is an excellent idea.

:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Thank you!

otto, that's really encouraging statement, I was speechless (or... typeless, lol) for a moment. There have been so many great thoughts here; I imagine warm souls and genuine concern behind each nic.

Folk here, esp in Michelle's forum are great: very respectful; and if we can't appreciate views as anonymous people, then imagine what we might be like in real life - wow! But I actually feel embarrassed cos some of my posts are one-after-the-other. (Sorry,all!)

The cat-fights on other blogs/forums actually make me laugh. Lord, some people can literally see a poster's nic and instantly 'detest them', lol. Crazy, no need.

That was such a cheery note to read that I'm ..... gonna leave the pc, pick up my drowsy cat, grab my diet coke, play I've Had The Time of My Life on full volume and :dance: :dance: :dance: ..... dance!

Still think Jason's not playin ball...

....I haven't had a chance to read the last 100 responses or so (but I was keeping up until recently!)...

I did some sleuthing on a local county website and found out some interesting things...

#1 - This was news to *me* - the Youngs still own their former, smaller house. It's a 1600 sqft townhome-style house, also in Raleigh. I think this adds to the *presumed* financial security of this young couple, considering the large house they were currently living in.... I have a pic but don't know how to post it. The deed records state that Jason owned it with another male starting in Dec 2002, but "bought" it again in Dec 2003 with Michelle as the co-owner, presumably to "buy out" the friend after the Youngs got married. If the wedding was indeed a "shotgun" wedding, then that would fit perfectly with the timing of the house deed change.

#2 - I read somewhere that someone was suggesting that the Youngs had problems with a trailer park their property backs up to....According to country records, the Youngs' property backs up to a street called Silvers Dr. I looked up the properties on that street and found pics of at least 4 trailers. It's a short street, with only about 10-12 lots (which are much smaller than the Youngs' neighborhood). Most of these lots/properties are owned by the same few couples, who I would presume "rent" them out.... I have pics of 4 trailers from that road but I don't know how to post them.

Shadow205 said:
Those of you who have been following/posting on this thread from the beginning will remember the slide show of pictures of Michelle that were at the link with the obit. Included in those pictures were pictures of her and Jason at their wedding and other pictures of them together. It seems that everything has been removed from the site, the obit and the picture memorial are no longer there.
At first I thought that the link was just not working but I searched the site for her memorial and it is no longer there. IMO, this could say a lot as to what her familt think happened. I'm sure if they suspect Jason now, they would not have wanted that memorial to remain the way it was with him in almost all of the pictures.

The movie of the pictures was still there a couple of days ago. If you like, I can find the link again this afternoon ... just say the word. Yes, I too wondered why the rest of the memorial was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela