Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
otto said:
Edited...
"He said he was out of town on a business trip and a visit to his parents' house in western North Carolina when his wife was killed."
http://www.wral.com/news/10309124/detail.html?rss=ral&psp=news

I'm guessing this means that the meeting and parents are in the same area and not hours apart. Here's another link implying that the meeting and parents are in the same place:

"Stephens said Jason Young was out of town on business and then visiting his mother in Brevard, in southwestern North Carolina, when his wife's body was found." http://www.newsobserver.com/167/story/506919.html

hey otto: I'm about to open those links, but judging from your comments - seems this is another post-crime 'skew' on initial reports, eh? Do you feel the Jason clan are 'out there' to convince a growing, curious public that 'the real truth' makes Jason innocent?

Hmmmm. Wonder if we'll soon witness same c/pasted posts from (example) FamOfJay ... or??

otto said:
The first thing I did when I read that the accident happened in May 2005 was calculate if Michelle was pregnant. I read somewhere that Cassidy was born around April, 2004. That would work with being about 2 and a half and consistent with how articulate she is. If Michelle was pregnant a year later (still want to read more confirmation) but she miscarried and if it happened after the accident, then that would lead me to believe that Jason is very guilty. LE are clearly looking into the possibility that the accident was an unsuccessful attempt on Michelle's life - there's no other reason to revisit the accident looking for irregularities.
I agree, I can not think of any reason to inquire about this accident. Seems to me the driver was as much as risk as the passenger so I'm not sure there was any intent.

Unfortunately I have not found transcripts for Greta's show so I can't give you a link on that. As for postings from the "friends" - I'm with PSA on that one - it is not an opinion but a campaign. Like you, I'll have to wait and see if some actual links develop for this information.

concernedperson said:
We must be long lost twins or something. My opinion fully.

:woohoo:

Guess W/S is one very large family, as I've found a few twinned spirits myself, lol!

My Hinky-Minky (er, yes, it's draped in mink: bought it on Rodeo Drive, lol) goes right up when such a tremendous effort expands to re-set everything we've read: and when those responses include:

1. media is wrong
2. you're all judging
3. media not reporting full story
4. LE focused on one person
'5. X' is grieving in private
6. .... and every other available excuse under the sun to qualify current opinion...

... then it seems to me to be a campaign. Their fist post that stated this was for some election boost-of-support made me want to puke. That writer came back with a second, even longer post and left that statement out after being lamb-basted by another lurker. (Quite right too!)

Also: are they also not being judgemental? To call someone 'not involved' is also making a judgement. IMO, anyways...

PolkSaladAnnie said:
hey otto: I'm about to open those links, but judging from your comments - seems this is another post-crime 'skew' on initial reports, eh? Do you feel the Jason clan are 'out there' to convince a growing, curious public that 'the real truth' makes Jason innocent?

Hmmmm. Wonder if we'll soon witness same c/pasted posts from (example) FamOfJay ... or??

I tried searching all sorts of things to verify that Jason's meeting was in VA but came up empty. There are Chart One offices in VA, but that didn't seem conclusive. He may have gone to a Chart One meeting in VA, but if he was seeing a customer chances are his territory does not extend to VA. All the reports that I read state that his parents and the meeting were in the same place and that the reason he was visiting his parents was because he was in the area anyway. I think some posts on some other boards are trying to throw suspicion off Jason but since they don't contain links, it's hard to verify the comments.

raisincharlie said:
I agree, I can not think of any reason to inquire about this accident. Seems to me the driver was as much as risk as the passenger so I'm not sure there was any intent.

Unfortunately I have not found transcripts for Greta's show so I can't give you a link on that. As for postings from the "friends" - I'm with PSA on that one - it is not an opinion but a campaign. Like you, I'll have to wait and see if some actual links develop for this information.

If they were driving an older vehicle that only had driver side airbags, then Jason could have been confident that the air bag would protect him. Also, he could have turned the wheels of the car to leave the passenger side in the river. If Michelle was unconscious, would he have taken her out of the vehicle? I'm sure that this is what the police are looking into ... the angle of the car, how it was found in the water, what injuries they experienced, whether Cassidy was in the car (probably not) and so on. It's well worth exploring because if it could be viewed as a deliberate accident, then it adds to the circumstantial evidence in this case.

There was a case I watched on TV sometime ago ... don't remember any names. Anyway, the husband was parking the car in the garage when the wife was standing in front of the car and he "accidentally" hit the gas instead of the brake. He drove right into her but since she hit the drywall instead of the 2x4 studs, she was pushed right through the wall into the kitchen. Some time later, the husband took the children and the dog on an unexpected vacation and the wife was murdered while they were away. I believe he was convicted. After driving his wife through the wall, the family questioned whether the husband was trying to kill her but the wife wouldn't believe it.

otto said:
If they were driving an older vehicle that only had driver side airbags, then Jason could have been confident that the air bag would protect him. Also, he could have turned the wheels of the car to leave the passenger side in the river. If Michelle was unconscious, would he have taken her out of the vehicle? I'm sure that this is what the police are looking into ... the angle of the car, how it was found in the water, what injuries they experienced, whether Cassidy was in the car (probably not) and so on. It's well worth exploring because if it could be viewed as a deliberate accident, then it adds to the circumstantial evidence in this case.

There was a case I watched on TV sometime ago ... don't remember any names. Anyway, the husband was parking the car in the garage when the wife was standing in front of the car and he "accidentally" hit the gas instead of the brake. He drove right into her but since she hit the drywall instead of the 2x4 studs, she was pushed right through the wall into the kitchen. Some time later, the husband took the children and the dog on an unexpected vacation and the wife was murdered while they were away. I believe he was convicted. After driving his wife through the wall, the family questioned whether the husband was trying to kill her but the wife wouldn't believe it.
Quess that didn't come out right - if the police have no suspicion of Jason, there is no reason to review this accident. The fact that they are IMO indicates they have not ruled him out as a "person of interest". Which also tells me in a way, that something about his actions, lack of action, and/or location on that Thrusday evening into Friday morning hasn't been added up as yet.

Since he lawyered up, I doubt the police are even talking to him or he to them. I seriously doubt he is actually being cooperative - something about cooperative and lawyer in the same sentence doesn't fit. :)

raisincharlie said:
..... but apparently the current pregnancy was a bit of a surprise as Michelle had previously had a miscarrage. I think I read this as a post from someone supposedly in the know so do not know if that is true. But if it is - amazing coincidence I'd say.

Geez, charlie: yes, this case is getting like the Twilight Zone, eh? :)

raisincharlie said:
Quess that didn't come out right - if the police have no suspicion of Jason, there is no reason to review this accident. The fact that they are IMO indicates they have not ruled him out as a "person of interest". Which also tells me in a way, that something about his actions, lack of action, and/or location on that Thrusday evening into Friday morning hasn't been added up as yet.

Since he lawyered up, I doubt the police are even talking to him or he to them. I seriously doubt he is actually being cooperative - something about cooperative and lawyer in the same sentence doesn't fit. :)

Yup. We completely agree. This case is becoming stranger all the time. I almost wonder if Scott didn't try to harm Laci on previous occassions. It looking to me like men that murder their pregnant wives sometimes have prior unsuccessful attempts.

otto said:
Thanks for posting the list of facts. I think it's worth adding that Jason drove the car down an embankment into the river in May 2005 and that neither Jason nor Michelle were seriously injured. That's just plain suspicious.
The fact that Cassidy was not mentioned leads me to believe that again, Cassidy was not in harms way.

Good thought, otto! OK... So, we'll keep a growing list so (IN CASE) this thread turns into a forum? A mod/poster might open a thread "What we know" or "Details as emerged at time of crime" (or something) and then compare notes as info is revealed! If not, at the rate this thread is growing - every 10 pages we might drop in the list to update others (JerseyGirl had a time of it reading, lol)

Just a thought...

close_enough said:
IMO, i think that's probably one of the first things LE did....find out exactly what Cassidy said during that call, along w/questioning Meredith....

someone mentioned early on that this MIGHT be a reason why the two families haven't spoken with one another...a rift betw them, so to speak...maybe this is all rumored though, BUT if it's true, then it could be because of something Cassidy told Meredith during, or after the 911 call...

it's a longshot of course, but i believe it's possible....i may end up 'eating crow', but that's ok; i've done it before, but i think there's lots of info in that 911 call....i think they zero'd in on Jason for that reason, & are getting fingerprints & everything they can possibly do, to rule out others, before they arrest & charge him.....
I agree with you close_enough. Those sunglasses just screamed out at me...reminded me of Patsy Ramsey as she exited the church at her daughter's funeral.
Sunglasses can hide a myriad of sins.

Taximom said:
Was Cassidy in the car when this accident happened?

Hi there, Taximom. otto mentioned in an earlier post that Cassidy was "not there and was out of harms way..." .

Were there heavy rains/floods in the area of the accident? Gosh - and the possibility Michelle was PG again???

philamena said:
I agree with you close_enough. Those sunglasses just screamed out at me...reminded me of Patsy Ramsey as she exited the church at her daughter's funeral.
Sunglasses can hide a myriad of sins.

:eek:

Wonder how many others wore s/glasses? In the *very brief* clip I've seen, I noticed when Michelle's mom was speaking, neither Meredith or mom had s/g's on - but that may have been due to addressing the crowd?

I must track back (ugh) and find a clip of the funeral vid again. The clip most folk are referring to wouldn't open for whatever reason... :banghead:

Please don't yell at me to read the whole thread to catch up (I tried to skim
from just yesterday's posts and was only on page 17), but what is the latest?

Sounds like:

There may be issues between the families already.
There is a suggestion that the 911 call has background info from their daughter.
There are "friends" of the couple, particularly the husband, who are posting on CTV that the real story is not coming out.
The Raleigh police are still investigating the house as a crime scene.
There are unanswered questions about the earlier car crash.
The mystery fax/printout is a supposed Christmas gift.

Unfortunately, doesn't sound like anything concrete is coming from LE. Did I miss anything? Thank you in advance.

P.S. Can I add my vote/request for a separate forum for this thread?

:cool: Another thought, what if the sunglasses are to hide his identity? Meaning what if --the night of the murder--he stayed in a hotel and wasn't really at his parents place? What's the chance that Jason is using the sunglasses to hide behind like SP used his baseball hats to hide behind?:waitasec:

Taximom said:
Hi PSA! You can judge for yourself about the weather that day. I don't know any facts about that accident, so far be it from me to guess! :p

Weather report for Brevard, NC (Transylvania Cnty) for May 29, 2005:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KAVL/2005/5/29/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA (archives revert to city of Asheville info)

Psssss.....Otto, thanks for the info. My memory is lame.

Heh, thanks for the weather report, Taximom! Other than what's been posted here, the accident is vague. I was *stunned* by the post of the guy that drove his wife through a wall, though. Egads.

FFWifey said:
Please don't yell at me to read the whole thread to catch up (I tried to skim
from just yesterday's posts and was only on page 17), but what is the latest?

Sounds like:

There may be issues between the families already.
There is a suggestion that the 911 call has background info from their daughter.
There are "friends" of the couple, particularly the husband, who are posting on CTV that the real story is not coming out.
The Raleigh police are still investigating the house as a crime scene.
There are unanswered questions about the earlier car crash.
The mystery fax/printout is a supposed Christmas gift.

Unfortunately, doesn't sound like anything concrete is coming from LE. Did I miss anything? Thank you in advance.

P.S. Can I add my vote/request for a separate forum for this thread?

LOL!!! It's quite a read, too, FFWifey :D

Yep, there's not much new - your list about sums up what's going on: OK, let's see: there was lengthy poster-discussion regarding the 911-call and we had an energetic time translating "Cassidy-Speak"...

We're looking into whether or not Michelle was preggie when the accident occurred...

Jason seems to remain high on the W/S POI list...

There are questions surrounding confirmation of his timeline (from 10:30 pm Thurs eve) to arrival at his parents (estimated) to be just after lunch-time-ish Friday. Did he make an 11 pm call home? Did he return home after 'leaving'? Did he call in the morning? Was there in fact a bus meeting OUR OF STATE as opposed to in Brevard ... here are other Q's and ponderings going on, too...

philamena said:
:cool: Another thought, what if the sunglasses are to hid his identity? Meaning what if --the night of the murder--he stayed in a hotel and wasn't really at his parents place? What's the chance that Jason is using the sunglasses to hide behind like SP used his baseball hats to hide behind?:waitasec:

Gosh, philamena. Maybe?? Or maybe he checked in/out and those timings don't make sense. LE would have this information as another 'close-to-their-vest' card. We're hearing these added details from Jason's "insiders" on other forums.

Isn't it amazing that in every media-hot case (and others) the police 'zero' in on the wrong person and are inept? And, except for maybe OJ and the older chap who chopped up his neighbour (Durth??? ag!) juries tend to conclude the same as most f"net crime sleuths.

philamena said:
:cool: Another thought, what if the sunglasses are to hid his identity? Meaning what if --the night of the murder--he stayed in a hotel and wasn't really at his parents place? What's the chance that Jason is using the sunglasses to hide behind like SP used his baseball hats to hide behind?:waitasec:
That's a good point, philamena. Not wanting to be identified by someone could explain his sunglasses AND why he hasn't been on TV asking for help finding the "real killer". Ala Scott Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member