Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
otto said:
I'm still pages behind in catching up here, but this I don't understand. He left in the evening (which for me means after 6 pm), he arrived at 11pm and the trip takes 5 hours. Something is not true.

ok otto....if we want to believe one of the posters over at CTV, the person states that Jason slept overnite at a hotel/motel & called Michelle from there at 11 pm, before heading to his 'meeting' the next morning.....IF this were true, i'd think that he left the house around maybe 9-ish??...maybe drove a little over 2 hours & then stopped???.....all of this sounds strange to me though...why stop to sleep at all for a 5 hour trip???....UNLESS this was part of his alibi/plan.....go to a hotel, get checked in, call Meredith, then go back to the house, kill her, THEN drive back to the hotel & get up the next morning, check out & go do whatever 'business' he had to do.........good grieeeeeef!!!!!!!

i'm really trying not to put a lot of 'faith' into the posts over there, although it certainly COULD be someone close to the family that really knows about this...i have to remind myself that these statements are not coming from LE, ya know???.....

anyway, IF this were the case, i'm positive LE has already checked all of this out.....

ok....i must edit this.....the poster over at CTV claims that Jason's meeting was in VA...that's where he stayed at a hotel & says he called Michelle at 11 pm.....wonder how many hours it took to get from Raleigh to wherever this place was in VA????....the 5 hour thing..isn't that distance from Raleigh to his parents home, in Brevard???....gosh, i need a map

Taximom said:
http://www.wral.com/news/10330306/detail.html
Investigators Covering All Possible Angles Of Young Homicide

POSTED: 6:36 pm EST November 15, 2006
RALEIGH, N.C. -- From a car accident in the mountains to forensic evidence found in the home, Wake County investigators are looking at all possible angles when it comes to finding out who killed a young pregnant mother nearly two weeks ago.

Michelle Young, 29, was found Nov. 3 dead in her home in the Enchanted Oaks subdivision of southern Wake County with her 2-year-old daughter at her side, unharmed, according to investigators. She was four-months pregnant.

Twelve days after the discovery, the house at 5108 Birchleaf Drive is still an active crime scene. Investigators say they are preserving the scene in case they need to gather more evidence. (more...)

Excellent find! I read about a week ago that Jason and Michelle were in a car wreck not that long ago and there was immediate speculation that it was another attempt to harm Michelle. This is finally confirmation that it really did happen. Thank you.

"Still, they are examining every aspect of the couple's life together, including a May 29, 2005, car accident in Transylvania County when Jason Young drove off a road down a 100-foot embankment into the French Broad River. Neither he nor Michelle Young were seriously injured.

"They just wanted to know the circumstances and if I saw anything unusual with the wreck, which I did not," said sate Highway Patrol trooper David Hicks, who investigated the crash."

close_enough said:
ok otto....if we want to believe one of the posters over at CTV, the person states that Jason slept overnite at a hotel/motel & called Michelle from there at 11 pm, before heading to his 'meeting' the next morning.....IF this were true, i'd think that he left the house around maybe 9-ish??...maybe drove a little over 2 hours & then stopped???.....all of this sounds strange to me though...why stop to sleep at all for a 5 hour trip???....UNLESS this was part of his alibi/plan.....go to a hotel, get checked in, call Meredith, then go back to the house, kill her, THEN drive back to the hotel & get up the next morning, check out & go do whatever 'business' he had to do.........good grieeeeeef!!!!!!!

i'm really trying not to put a lot of 'faith' into the posts over there, although it certainly COULD be someone close to the family that really knows about this...i have to remind myself that these statements are not coming from LE, ya know???.....

anyway, IF this were the case, i'm positive LE has already checked all of this out.....

Thanks ... hadn't thought of that possibility. I assumed that he got a hotel at his destination 5 hours away, but you're quite right that he could have gotten a hotel anywhere along the way. It still seems more normal to me for him to sleep until 4 in the morning and then head out to the meeting.

otto said:
Thanks ... hadn't thought of that possibility. I assumed that he got a hotel at his destination 5 hours away, but you're quite right that he could have gotten a hotel anywhere along the way. It still seems more normal to me for him to sleep until 4 in the morning and then head out to the meeting.

please read my post again, otto...& please help me out here:)...i had to edit it
....how far is it from where his parents live to Raleigh?...do you know?

PolkSaladAnnie said:
OK... this was added by same poster, later: confirmed they're an 'insider' again.

Re: Mgt's questions. Jason left home Thur. Pm to go to Va. I do not know the exact time he left but know it was in the evening. He had a meeting there Fri. AM. He checked into a hotel there and called Michelle at around 11 PM that night when he had arrived. He spoke to her and all was fine. He had his meeting Fri. Am and then as had been previously planned, drove to western NC to his mom's house where he'd planned to have a short visit and spend the night before returning to Raleigh the next day. People are very confused over the sequence there because the press has published so many different things. He went to VA, spent the night, had a meeting in the AM, then as planned drove to Brevard. It was while he was enroute to Brevard that his mother received the phone call about Michelle's death. Jason was told when he arrived at her home. The family elected not to give someone that kind of news while they were driving and alone.

If true, he may have driven back - having asserted his 'alibi'. This poster is very clear about the time of the Thursday evening telephone calls - but doesn't give us arrival at hotel or at business, or at Brevard.

This makes sense as to WHY LE were asking if *any vehicles were seen from midnight to 6 am*

Snapshot into my suspicious mind: he did have gambling problems; he was unfaithful; he set up an alibi, drove a little way there - checked in and snuk out - did what he did - went back to hotel and continued his journey.

Sorry.... My hinky meter has simply not left the Jason-Zone at this stage! :snooty:

OK Polk....i wish i hadn't overlooked this post to start with... :banghead:
.....this is what i'm starting to think also, IF this info is correct with this poster over at CTV....you're right, the person seems 'sure' of the 11 pm phone call .....

close_enough said:
please read my post again, otto...& please help me out here:)...i had to edit it
....how far is it from where his parents live to Raleigh?...do you know?

I see what you're saying. I've been avoiding looking at maps but I'm going to go back to the early posts about this murder and try to piece together what I can find about locations and times. Maybe someone else was paying attention and knows? I'll post as soon as I come up with something that seems reasonable.

"He said he was out of town on a business trip and a visit to his parents' house in western North Carolina when his wife was killed."
http://www.wral.com/news/10309124/detail.html?rss=ral&psp=news

I'm guessing this means that the meeting and parents are in the same area and not hours apart.

Here's another link implying that the meeting and parents are in the same place: "Stephens said Jason Young was out of town on business and then visiting his mother in Brevard, in southwestern North Carolina, when his wife's body was found." http://www.newsobserver.com/167/story/506919.html

otto said:
I see what you're saying. I've been avoiding looking at maps but I'm going to go back to the early posts about this murder and try to piece together what I can find about locations and times. Maybe someone else was paying attention and knows? I'll post as soon as I come up with something that seems reasonable.

"He said he was out of town on a business trip and a visit to his parents' house in western North Carolina when his wife was killed."
http://www.wral.com/news/10309124/detail.html?rss=ral&psp=news

I'm guessing this means that the meeting and parents are in the same area and not hours apart.

ok...it's 5 hours from Raleigh to Brevard (Brevard is where his parents live)....ok, if his 'business meeting' took him up to VA first, heck...if it was in a place called Boydton, VA, that's only 1 hour & 42 minutes from Raleigh......wish we knew exactly where in VA this business meeting was suppose to take place....

yeah...i've got to take a breather here, lol.....maybe go back & check some earlier posts on this thread....thanks otto:)

oh my....i believe this is the longest thread i've ever seen here at WS, ugh...

so much to go back through...i've gone through a lot of it, trying to catch up somewhat, prior to yesterday, but my gosh!!!!

i'm going out on a limb here & say that if Jason's meeting was actually in VA & that's where he headed first & slept overnite, i won't be a bit surprised if it's a place in VA that's less than 2 hours away from Raleigh.....

editing this also....(i'm all into editing it seems :crazy: )

close_enough said:
oh my....i believe this is the longest thread i've ever seen here at WS, ugh...

so much to go back through...i've gone through a lot of it, trying to catch up somewhat, prior to yesterday, but my gosh!!!!

i'm going out on a limb here & say that if Jason's meeting was actually in VA & that's where he headed first & slept overnite, i won't be a bit surprised if it's a place in VA that's less than 2 hours away from Raleigh.....

editing this also....(i'm all into editing it seems :crazy: )
I try to check in here every hour or so--- yesterday I missed a few hours and had 4 pages to go thru!! all very informative, but definitly got to keep up!

otto said:
Excellent find! I read about a week ago that Jason and Michelle were in a car wreck not that long ago and there was immediate speculation that it was another attempt to harm Michelle. This is finally confirmation that it really did happen. Thank you.

"Still, they are examining every aspect of the couple's life together, including a May 29, 2005, car accident in Transylvania County when Jason Young drove off a road down a 100-foot embankment into the French Broad River. Neither he nor Michelle Young were seriously injured.

"They just wanted to know the circumstances and if I saw anything unusual with the wreck, which I did not," said sate Highway Patrol trooper David Hicks, who investigated the crash."
What's interesting about that is, according to Greta tonight - Michelle was supposedly pregnant at the time of this wreck. It could not have been with Cassidy as she is supposedly 2 or 2 1/2. I read somewhere, and maybe it was one of the "friends", so don't believe this but apparently the current pregnancy was a bit of a surprise as Michelle had previously had a miscarrage. I think I read this as a post from someone supposedly in the know so do not know if that is true. But if it is - amazing coincidence I'd say.

raisincharlie said:
PSA-

I checked with a couple of friends who are MHWP officers - in cases of foul play it is apparently routine, at least here in Missouri, for police to observe funeral proceedings and to record a picture of vehicles with the plate numbers visible for future reference and further investigation. It is also done in the event that a witness has partial plate information or partial vehicle id - not saying or implying that is the case here, but apparently it is not uncommon.

OK! Thanks, that's interesting, charlie... we know funerals are a common observation point; this adds a new dimension to their observations. Means its almost routine. Well, we'll have to see what gives here.

fran said:
PSA, thanks for the rundown.

edited

Then, on page 14, this same person goes down the entire list of Jason's 'alibi,' etc.

Actually, the page 14 post would be believeable had that same poster not already posted the possible scenario that Michelle may have been having an affair.

Oh,...........Jason's business appointment, if this poster is to be believed, was in Virginia and afterwards is when Jason was to go visit his parents.

This should be interesting. He claims Jason called Michelle at 11:00 PM and everything was ok. He then tried to call her twice during the morning and day and got her voice mail. He thought she was at a doctor's appointment in the morning and possibly a meeting in the afternoon.

She wanted a special leather purse, which was the reason for the fax. OhMy!!

I'm not definitely saying Jason is the perp, but,........things aren't looking too good for him right now.

JMHO
fran

YW, fran - thanks! The leather purse adds to The Ghost of Christmas Past! Haven't continued to read latest posts - but my $$$ still on Jason's involvement. Those phone records will clear up alot of this, eh?

Nothing new in the press?

Hmmmm: Back to the trenches to catch up!

MrsMush99 said:
If we go back to the 911 call, there is no way we can believe that Meredith put a sweatshirt on her. Rember she was saying she was face down and twisted in such a way that she couldn't move her??? Also she said she was too heavy to turn over. I doubt very much that she put a sweatshirt on her. I have a feeling she wasn't even found nude either. Do you think she would mention that in the 911 call? I don't know, but possibly. But I think I did hear her say something like she was going to try to grab her shirt to turn her over, but we know how my hearing has been since I'm hearing "gotta" instead of "daddy" from Cassidy.

Hi MrsM. That's right! And after stating she couldn't move Michelle and confirming she was 'too heavy' as well as cold, the 911-op told her 'not to touch anything, leave everything alone...'.

Bless little Cassidy's babble. Thank God there was no sign of tauma in her little mind that day (from what know).

raisincharlie said:
Thought I would post this link since we have no media thread for this case:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4741248

There are several articles and some videos at this local tv station link. Some information there. I found it interesting in one of the articles that it referenced that there was indeed a court requirement for the collection of blood and dna samples from the husband. I'm sure this is not all that is out there about this tragedy but it is a good collection to start with.

That's right, charlie - and the subtle difference here (clashing with those looooong posts by Jason's Clan) is that it appears no one else has been 'required via the courts' to submit to various testing and sampling. They've gone on in at request and have cooperated fully. Still going through the posts since last I was here but agree with frannie: "not looking good for Jason.."

close_enough said:
i think you're right Mushy...i would guess that if Michelle was nude, it would have been something that Meredith would have mentioned in the 911 call...but, maybe not???...just seems that would have come out in the conversation with the 911 operator at some point....

at some point, wasn't it thought she was sexually assaulted, then it was 'said' she wasn't????...course i have no idea where i got this from...maybe somewhere here in this thread...

Exactly, and I agree close!!! Surely Meredith would have mentioned : she's naked? That would seem an alarming aspect - especially when prompted by 911 'if anything else looks out of place' (or words to that effect). Yes, I also read at first it was a consideration there'd been a sexual assault.

That's why this ONE point on that list remains unclear.

packerdog said:
She could have slept in the nude and attacked in bedor Jason took her clothes off to make it look like a sexual crime.

If staged ... if planned .... then maybe, packerdog. I'm still inclined to believe Michelle was attacked in her bed due to Meredith's initial comments: "there's blood in the bed...". Now, whether of not Michelle slept in the nude is a personal aspect that may cause confusion to LE .. IF ... she was naked. And if this was normal, then Meredith may not have found this strange (and therefore not mention it to LE).

Is it possible, d'you think, that Meredith COVERED Michelle with a sweatshirt. Maybe out of care, respect or .... (Probably not: just a thought...)

MrsMush99 said:
Hopefully we won't be on page 50 and you will remember what I said about the shirt, LOL.

Bwahahaaa. :D

That's what I was thinking when searching for the 'mixed testimony' comments when we were still on about page 15! I *swear* I read that...

Ag!

close_enough said:
oh, great PS!!!....putting things in a lil bundle here is good thinking!

ok...since we're hearing "blood was everywhere"...is everyone thinking that Michelle put up a fight??...i know i read somewhere in this thread that she put up a hard fight against her killer....wish i could find a real link/article stating this......anyway, if she did struggle with her attacker, maybe she was initially hit while in the bed, then began the struggle....

Pleasure, close!! Michelle possibly fought back back - then we'd have to check out Jason for defense wounds. There's been nothing on a weapon, has there? Perhaps Michelle has the attacker's DNA on her? Blood?

Ya know? "We men cut ourselves and we bleed..."

:clap: :clap: Wow - Thanks for typing out the 911 transcript!!

raisincharlie said:
What's interesting about that is, according to Greta tonight - Michelle was supposedly pregnant at the time of this wreck. It could not have been with Cassidy as she is supposedly 2 or 2 1/2. I read somewhere, and maybe it was one of the "friends", so don't believe this but apparently the current pregnancy was a bit of a surprise as Michelle had previously had a miscarrage. I think I read this as a post from someone supposedly in the know so do not know if that is true. But if it is - amazing coincidence I'd say.

The first thing I did when I read that the accident happened in May 2005 was calculate if Michelle was pregnant. I read somewhere that Cassidy was born around April, 2004. That would work with being about 2 and a half and consistent with how articulate she is. If Michelle was pregnant a year later (still want to read more confirmation) but she miscarried and if it happened after the accident, then that would lead me to believe that Jason is very guilty. LE are clearly looking into the possibility that the accident was an unsuccessful attempt on Michelle's life - there's no other reason to revisit the accident looking for irregularities.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Pleasure, close!! Michelle possibly fought back back - then we'd have to check out Jason for defense wounds. There's been nothing on a weapon, has there? Perhaps Michelle has the attacker's DNA on her? Blood?

Ya know? "We men cut ourselves and we bleed..."

:clap: :clap: Wow - Thanks for typing out the 911 transcript!!

Thanks for posting the list of facts. I think it's worth adding that Jason drove the car down an embankment into the river in May 2005 and that neither Jason nor Michelle were seriously injured. That's just plain suspicious.
The fact that Cassidy was not mentioned leads me to believe that again, Cassidy was not in harms way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member