Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just off
http://www.wral.com/news/10330306/detail.html (as at 15th Nov):

Family and friends of Young remembered her as a devoted mother and loving wife. A consultant in the tax department at Progress Energy, coworkers said Wednesday in a statement that she had a promising future:

We want to echo the positive sentiments shared by her family and friends. Michelle always had a ready smile and a great sense of humor. She shared and laughed with everyone. Her sense of humor extended to her work. No matter how difficult a task, she would gladly accept the challenge and smile -- and maybe make a humorous comment. She was a talented communicator and leader who was able to bring diverse groups together to find and solve complex issues. Michelle’s kindness, positive attitude and her willingness always to help and listen made her a friend and confidante to so many people. In addition, Michelle made work fun by always taking the initiative to organize social events and to recognize her co-workers' personal and professional achievements. Michelle was an outstanding professional who had a very promising future. She inspired all of us in so many ways, and her presence was a true blessing.

Reporter: Amanda Lamb

:(

Taximom said:
That's a good point, philamena. Not wanting to be identified by someone could explain his sunglasses AND why he hasn't been on TV asking for help finding the "real killer". Ala Scott Peterson.
Taximom,
This guy just reminds me too much of SP. :banghead:
I can't imagine a loving husband not coming before the media and begging for the murderer to come forward. Actually he could come forward and simply say thanks for all the support etc, he's recieved. Something smells about this case alright....

PolkSaladAnnie said:
LOL!!! It's quite a read, too, FFWifey :D

Yep, there's not much new - your list about sums up what's going on: OK, let's see: there was lengthy poster-discussion regarding the 911-call and we had an energetic time translating "Cassidy-Speak"...

We're looking into whether or not Michelle was preggie when the accident occurred...

Jason seems to remain high on the W/S POI list...

There are questions surrounding confirmation of his timeline (from 10:30 pm Thurs eve) to arrival at his parents (estimated) to be just after lunch-time-ish Friday. Did he make an 11 pm call home? Did he return home after 'leaving'? Did he call in the morning? Was there in fact a bus meeting OUR OF STATE as opposed to in Brevard ... here are other Q's and ponderings going on, too...

ok...i've been going over lots & lots of news articles & i can't find a single one that states that the business trip was in Brevard....they're worded like ...he was out of town on business & was going to visit his parents before heading home...or he was on a business trip & was notified of Michelle's death, while at his parents.....i really think this business trip WAS out of town, in VA......another reason i think it might be true, is Greta pointed out that for some reason LE isn't concerned about the time betw 10:30 pm & midnight on that Thursday, which leads her to believe that they know she was alive, probably due to a phone call or something.....11 pm ???

this would make sense to me....he leaves sometime before 10:30 pm, before the friends leave...(they actually see him leave with luggage, & kissing Michelle goodbye, etc...)...there's all kinds of places right there on the state line at VA that would have only taken him a couple of hours (some less) to arrive at, & make the call at around 11 pm....he'd have proof of a hotel receipt & the phone calls would jive.........

LE is being SO tight lipped over his timeline/business trip, & i feel quite certain they already have a 'handle' on it, but MAYBE they need proof of him returning back to the house after 11 pm......he could have gotten back at around 1 am or so......

OR ....IF he had someone else do this, he could have simply unlocked a window, before he left for his trip...maybe?

this info/rumor of his business trip actually being in VA has really got me thinking ...... & it could be that's why LE is keeping a lid on it, as to not get folks trying this in the 'court of public opinion', & having it said that they released too much info that made things only focus on him....(is this making sense?)

philamena said:
Taximom,
This guy just reminds me too much of SP. :banghead:
I can't imagine a loving husband not coming before the media and begging for the murderer to come forward. Actually he could come forward and simply say thanks for all the support etc, he's recieved. Something smells about this case alright....

i agree, philamena.....something sure does

PolkSaladAnnie said:
This just off
http://www.wral.com/news/10330306/detail.html (as at 15th Nov):

Family and friends of Young remembered her as a devoted mother and loving wife. A consultant in the tax department at Progress Energy, coworkers said Wednesday in a statement that she had a promising future:

We want to echo the positive sentiments shared by her family and friends. Michelle always had a ready smile and a great sense of humor. She shared and laughed with everyone. Her sense of humor extended to her work. No matter how difficult a task, she would gladly accept the challenge and smile -- and maybe make a humorous comment. She was a talented communicator and leader who was able to bring diverse groups together to find and solve complex issues. Michelle’s kindness, positive attitude and her willingness always to help and listen made her a friend and confidante to so many people. In addition, Michelle made work fun by always taking the initiative to organize social events and to recognize her co-workers' personal and professional achievements. Michelle was an outstanding professional who had a very promising future. She inspired all of us in so many ways, and her presence was a true blessing.

Reporter: Amanda Lamb

:(

(sighs) :(

philamena said:
I agree with you close_enough. Those sunglasses just screamed out at me...reminded me of Patsy Ramsey as she exited the church at her daughter's funeral.
Sunglasses can hide a myriad of sins.

hmmm, they sure can.....

PolkSaladAnnie said:
:eek:

Wonder how many others wore s/glasses? In the *very brief* clip I've seen, I noticed when Michelle's mom was speaking, neither Meredith or mom had s/g's on - but that may have been due to addressing the crowd?

I must track back (ugh) and find a clip of the funeral vid again. The clip most folk are referring to wouldn't open for whatever reason... :banghead:

i don't have the clip but i know there was one other guy that was walking beside him...a rather nice looking guy, that had sunglasses on also....

close_enough said:
ok...i've been going over lots & lots of news articles & i can't find a single one that states that the business trip was in Brevard....they're worded like ...he was out of town on business & was going to visit his parents before heading home...or he was on a business trip & was notified of Michelle's death, while at his parents.....i really think this business trip WAS out of town, in VA......another reason i think it might be true, is Greta pointed out that for some reason LE isn't concerned about the time betw 10:30 pm & midnight on that Thursday, which leads her to believe that they know she was alive, probably due to a phone call or something.....11 pm ???

this would make sense to me....he leaves sometime before 10:30 pm, before the friends leave...(they actually see him leave with luggage, & kissing Michelle goodbye, etc...)...there's all kinds of places right there on the state line at VA that would have only taken him a couple of hours (some less) to arrive at, & make the call at around 11 pm....he'd have proof of a hotel receipt & the phone calls would jive.........

LE is being SO tight lipped over his timeline/business trip, & i feel quite certain they already have a 'handle' on it, but MAYBE they need proof of him returning back to the house after 11 pm......he could have gotten back at around 1 am or so......

OR ....IF he had someone else do this, he could have simply unlocked a window, before he left for his trip...maybe?

this info/rumor of his business trip actually being in VA has really got me thinking ...... & it could be that's why LE is keeping a lid on it, as to not get folks trying this in the 'court of public opinion', & having it said that they released too much info that made things only focus on him....(is this making sense?)

Great post, close! You're spot on.... and that's why, as you say, LE are very interested in vehicles being seen between midnight and 6:00 am. Jason's managed to bush out their tails regarding his time-line!

Also, by NO ONE coming forward to state they saw vehicles tween those times - then that in and of itself ELIMINATES anyone else. By LE stating:

"Even if you saw nothing - tell us - hey: I saw nothing"

Well, that would indicate the tipster WAS THERE!

So ... methinks you're on the money.

ok, about Michelle being pregnant at the time of the car accident....it was said on Greta tonight that she was pregnant at that time.....

ALSOOOOO, it was posted at another board (from the same person that said the business trip was in VA) that Michelle had 'lost a baby' prior to getting pregnant with this child she was carrying, & that was due to the fact that the fetus/baby had stopped growing, therefore Michelle had to undergo an induced abortion.....

it was said that neither Michelle or Jason were seriously injured in the accident & that both went immediately to the hospital to get checked out....

ok, this is getting ridiculous....the length of pages on this thread is throwing the centering off..... :banghead:

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Great post, close! You're spot on.... and that's why, as you say, LE are very interested in vehicles being seen between midnight and 6:00 am. Jason's managed to bush out their tails regarding his time-line!

Also, by NO ONE coming forward to state they saw vehicles tween those times - then that in and of itself ELIMINATES anyone else. By LE stating:

"Even if you saw nothing - tell us - hey: I saw nothing"

Well, that would indicate the tipster WAS THERE!

So ... methinks you're on the money.

whew, i'm glad someone understands what i'm trying to 'say'...LOL, i tend to add so many extra/unnecessary words, that my posts drag on & on when i'm "brainstorming"....when i have thoughts in my head i'm trying so hard to not forget things, i tend to over-do....(like i'm doing right now, lol)

oh & yep, yep!!..."Even if you saw nothing - tell us - hey: I saw nothing" ;)

raisincharlie said:
Quess that didn't come out right - if the police have no suspicion of Jason, there is no reason to review this accident. The fact that they are IMO indicates they have not ruled him out as a "person of interest". Which also tells me in a way, that something about his actions, lack of action, and/or location on that Thrusday evening into Friday morning hasn't been added up as yet.
Since he lawyered up, I doubt the police are even talking to him or he to them. I seriously doubt he is actually being cooperative - something about cooperative and lawyer in the same sentence doesn't fit. :)

i agree completely, raisincharlie......Jim Hammer said tonight on Greta's show, that as of yesterday, his "source close to the case" said NO ONE has been elimated yet, including the husband....

i have to agree with you also...i doubt he's actually being, what you'd call cooperative, either..

whew, i'm off to bed....nite!

close_enough said:
whew, i'm glad someone understands what i'm trying to 'say'...LOL, i tend to add so many extra/unnecessary words, that my posts drag on & on when i'm "brainstorming"....when i have thoughts in my head i'm trying so hard to not forget things, i tend to over-do....(like i'm doing right now, lol)

oh & yep, yep!!..."Even if you saw nothing - tell us - hey: I saw nothing" ;)

Er, I think I'm the proverbial Drag-Queen or Post-It-Note around here, lol :D :silenced:

Close, I lap up every word in this case from every poster - my head spins like a fruit machine. This thread is long - but there's so much in here. Wish wufdude would also return!

OK: on CTV someone stated Jason was seen leaving, luggage and all. So that's prolly why LE took *everyone's* luggage. To check clothes, business papers, and any marks that might have transferred into the case lining (example).

The reason I was there is that "r-u-r-t-dumb" seems to have posted the exact same exonerating posts all over the main blogs and forums: so .... I just posted a comment over at CTV. :crazy:

It's been so long since I was last there I almost forgot my caps/nic, lol. W/S is my fave place.

Aren't u sposed to be asleep?

otto said:
Yup. We completely agree. This case is becoming stranger all the time. I almost wonder if Scott didn't try to harm Laci on previous occassions. It looking to me like men that murder their pregnant wives sometimes have prior unsuccessful attempts.

FWIW, there was much speculation during pretrial and trial, Laci becoming faint were attempts by SP, via drugs, to cause a miscarriage. Remember? Laci called her doctor. Sharon even talked about Laci not walking in the last months because of the fainting spells.

IMO, it was an attempt to abort the baby. When it didn't work,.............well, we know what happened.

JMHO
fran

close_enough said:
ok, about Michelle being pregnant at the time of the car accident....it was said on Greta tonight that she was pregnant at that time.....

ALSOOOOO, it was posted at another board (from the same person that said the business trip was in VA) that Michelle had 'lost a baby' prior to getting pregnant with this child she was carrying, & that was due to the fact that the fetus/baby had stopped growing, therefore Michelle had to undergo an induced abortion.....

it was said that neither Michelle or Jason were seriously injured in the accident & that both went immediately to the hospital to get checked out....

ok, this is getting ridiculous....the length of pages on this thread is throwing the centering off..... :banghead:

This "person" claiming to be a 'friend' of Jasons claims the couple lost a child ealier in the 'spring.' Well, May is spring. It was November when Michelle was murdered and the first reports were she was four months pregnant. This means she was pregnant from July. IF Greta was correct in stating she was pregnant at the time of the accident in May,......then she lost the baby after the accident.

JMHO
fran

close_enough said:
i agree completely, raisincharlie......Jim Hammer said tonight on Greta's show, that as of yesterday, his "source close to the case" said NO ONE has been elimated yet, including the husband....

i have to agree with you also...i doubt he's actually being, what you'd call cooperative, either..

whew, i'm off to bed....nite!

Sorry for so many posts in a row, but this is the only time I have to lurk for now. I have to work the next few days and won't be able to catch up at this rate! :doh:

Anyway, not only has the husband not been eliminated, he hasn't been taken in for 'official questioning,' yet they're still searching the home for clues, 10 days or so later. Why? Why haven't they talked to the husband officially? .........yet, they have the DA's office in the home.

Questions. More questions.............

JMHO
fran

PS.......about this person,...........persons.........visiting the blogs defending Jason???????? Yet they found it within themselves to 'imply' that perhaps Michelle had been cheating on Jason..............CAMPAIGN is what I think I read in previous posts. Campaign by Jason's family?????????????..........fran

I've been busy and haven't had a chance to chime in lately. I've really not heard much of anything new lately. The Sheriff's Office is really keeping everything under the vest and have allowed very little to leak.

I'm very curious about the supposed trip that evening to Virginia, meeting that morning and then down to Brevard by midday. As most of you have probably seen on maps, Brevard is along the southern border of NC almost in GA thus it is not that close to many points in VA. In all honesty, it is probably closer to get back to Raleigh from most any points in VA than it is to get to Brevard. It's just not a logical "let me stop by my parent's house while I'm out this way" kinda trip.

I have a question, while I have been reading regularly, I *missed* how it was determined or related that the "business trip" was actually to Va. I am repeating someone else but I was too wondering how this trip to Va would "warrant" Jason swinging by the folks house after (if it appears that the folks are rather far from Va.)

While watching Greta on Tuesday night I think they read a "statement" from Jason's employer- Chart One confirmed he is/was an employee and they send their condolences to the family. That really made me think of SP because I would almost swear his employer kind of echoed these same sentiments? I am not implying anything but it felt like a deja vu moment.

The car accident in 05 does seem suspicious now, but probably wouldn't seem suspicious then. Until it was "coupled" with this murder, it kind of shines a new light towards it. Another thing that leaves me puzzled is that if Jason didn't want anymore children, what would have saved Cassidy? (IF Jason is the killer?)

Sometime back in the thread I believe a poster worked for the same Energy company as Michelle (not with her) but could possible know if the employer also has an insurance policy in place on all employees (that used to be a rather customary practice among large employers)- usually though it seems that payout on those policies can vary from 10,000 on up. BUT if Michelle was the main breadwinner in the family, it would make a lot of sense to have her life insured at a rather high benefit ammount. Has there been any confirmation on an existing insurance policy? (Also to any NC people out there, mortgage insurance will pay off the mortgage in the event of one spouses death, is it the same in NC?) Any of these things taken into consideration could suggest that there could be a financial motive IF Jason is the killer.

In another post, a person mentioned that Jason could have left a window open for a hired person to go through, the only problem I see with that scenerio is that if Michelle was security conscious, I would bet she checked every window/door in that house before she went to bed. I do a cursory check every night since the Lunsford case. But in the same vein I wonder if Jason left a hidden key and an "intruder" used that? (And did Meredith use that key as well to get in to collect the fax?)...

Okay, my last out loud thought here pertains to where Michelle was found. I am under the assumption she was in the couple's bedroom and it seems to be in the "upstairs" in the house. It seems as though the bedroom is a personal place and even in my house (very small) a person would have to check into each room to see which was my bedroom- meaning an intruder would have to almost travel the house to find me- wouldn't that send off a lot of noise to alert Michelle to someone sneaking around her house? Or could a person have been in hiding in the bedroom? I don't know, I think I just keep coming back to Jason because he would be able to get in the house rather quietly and have an excuse handy if Michelle were still awake. (There was a case of a lawyer who killed his wife from behind under the guise of making love to her- it wouldn't be hard for a man to stand behind his wife and hug her because I don't think we are suspicious of our mate thinking he might whack us in the head with something?)

And my other "last" thought... has it been confirmed that they have a dog?

Thanks all for being patient with my rambling thought process!

I have been assuming that Cassidy slept in her own crib or bed every night/through the night. I know when my husband left for overnight trips when my kids were younger, I didn't mind them crawling in bed with me. Just a thought, please don't jump me for it.

I sure hope Jason's phones are tapped. Again, assuming he did this, he could be getting his side of the story out there via friends etc. to forums like we've seen.

I'll just fall off my seat if there's a mistress out there taping phone calls with him at this moment!:cool:

Boyz Mum: I believe Michelle's sister says on the 911 tape that "their dog was going crazy" when she entered the house.

I didn't hear that dog in the background on the 911 tape. Where was the dog then?

I wonder if anyone heard the dog after she was murdered-sort of like the dog that wailed loudly when Nicole Brown Simpson was killed.

If that's the case, that might have been enough to awaken Cassidy earlier than normal.

Taximom said:
Boyz Mum: I believe Michelle's sister says on the 911 tape that "their dog was going crazy" when she entered the house.

I didn't hear that dog in the background on the 911 tape. Where was the dog then?

I wonder if anyone heard the dog after she was murdered-sort of like the dog that wailed loudly when Nicole Brown Simpson was killed.

If that's the case, that might have been enough to awaken Cassidy earlier than normal.
Thanks Taximom! I guess now that only leaves me to wonder how an intruder could have gained silent entry in the house because surely a dog would bark A LOT if a stranger was coming in? Alerting Michelle before someone could creep up to the bedroom? My dogs create quite an elaborate alarm system- they sniff out mouses and go insane when a car pulls in the drive after "shut down" time. (And once again it seems like Jason is back on my radar?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela