Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth said:
#2 - I read somewhere that someone was suggesting that the Youngs had problems with a trailer park their property backs up to....According to country records, the Youngs' property backs up to a street called Silvers Dr. I looked up the properties on that street and found pics of at least 4 trailers. It's a short street, with only about 10-12 lots (which are much smaller than the Youngs' neighborhood). Most of these lots/properties are owned by the same few couples, who I would presume "rent" them out.... I have pics of 4 trailers from that road but I don't know how to post them.
Elizabeth-
Thanks for the new information. Do you know anything about the nature of the dispute with the neighboring trailer park?

IdahoMom said:
Elizabeth-
Thanks for the new information. Do you know anything about the nature of the dispute with the neighboring trailer park?
Sorry, IdahoMom, I only know that someone (I think someone saying they knew Jason) said that the Youngs had some trouble with the trailer park behind them. Apparently, one night they had to call the police b/c there was fighting in the woods and one night they heard noises (scratching) at their back door, but didn't find anyone there.

MrsMush99 said:
Not random could mean that it's someone she knows, not only Jason, ANYONE. Or maybe she was a target. I'm not saying I think she was a target for someone, just saying what not random could mean.

<snip>

Maybe the court ordered it because he has an attorney. Remember we only know what the media is telling us. Maybe they didn't even ask Jason to submit it but right to the court to get a notification to submit because he has an attorney. You never know.

<snip>

It seems like the are. I just really hope it doesn't turn our to be Jason that did this. But he is going to be looked at closely because he is the spouse. I just hope if it's not him they rule him out quickly so they can move on to find who really did this.
Mrs. Mush,

I'm sure the fact that Jason has a lawyer was why he did not willing give samples - he is probably being advised on this matter - rightfully so. However, in order to get the court order there is also the item relating to "probable cause"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4741248

"Sources tell Eyewitness News that a court issued a "nontestimonial identification order" for Jason Young. According to state law, that order would allow investigators to collect several kinds of evidence, including finger prints and DNA samples. The law says investigators must show that there "are reasonable grounds to suspect that the person named . . . committed the offense."

I was thinking that it sure is taking them a long time to go over the crime scene at the house but then I was thinking that if Jason killed her there was alot of blood that would have been on him. I would think maybe he took a shower before getting into his car. They are probably checking the drain in the shower. Also it sounds like blood was tracked by the baby all over the house, they would have to check every spot of blood.

It was reported last night on Greta van Susteren's On the Record that Michelle was pregnant at the time of the car accident in May 2005. While driving on a local highway, Jason apparently lost control of the vehicle, veering off the highway and traveling down a 100 foot embankment into a river. The water was only a few feet deep, and both he and Michelle were able to escape the car unharmed. Michelle was taken to the hospital out of concern for her pregnancy. The highway patrolman who investigated the accident at the time has recently been interviewed by homicide investigators.

Here is a link to an article with information similar to that reported on GVS: WRAL

Still, they are examining every aspect of the couple's life together, including a May 29, 2005, Transylvania County car accident in which Jason Young drove off a road and down a 100-foot embankment into the French Broad River. Neither he nor Michelle Young were seriously injured.

"They just wanted to know the circumstances and if I saw anything unusual with the wreck, which I did not," said sate Highway Patrol Trooper David Hicks, who investigated the crash.

The media originally reported that this car accident happened in May of this year and people who claim to know the couple seemed to confirm that. However, Michelle could not possibly have been pregnant in May of 2006 and only be at 20 weeks gestation at the time of her death. The 2005 date makes more sense. An anonymous poster wrote the following in the comment section of my blog:

Jason was ecstatic over the upcoming birth of his baby boy, as was Michelle. She had lost a child earlier in the spring when the fetus stopped developing in utero and she had to have a medical abortion. They were elated when she was able to get pregnant again.

I see now why investigators are interested in that mysterious accident.

raisincharlie said:
Mrs. Mush,

I'm sure the fact that Jason has a lawyer was why he did not willing give samples - he is probably being advised on this matter - rightfully so. However, in order to get the court order there is also the item relating to "probable cause"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=local&id=4741248

"Sources tell Eyewitness News that a court issued a "nontestimonial identification order" for Jason Young. According to state law, that order would allow investigators to collect several kinds of evidence, including finger prints and DNA samples. The law says investigators must show that there "are reasonable grounds to suspect that the person named . . . committed the offense."
Thanks Rasin!! But couldn't a "resonable grounds to suspect the person being named" just be because he's the husband?? I would think they would want fingerprints/dna so they can identify any foreign fingerprints/DNA. He lives in the house, his prints are going to be there so will his DNA. I wonder if they got Meredith's fingerprints too.

Shadow205 said:
I found an article which mentions the link for the memorial/obit

http://rdu.news14.com/content/your_news/triangle/default.asp?ArID=94112

Go to the above link and then click on this link
To read Michelle Young's obituary, view a picture slideshow of her or write a tribute, click here.

I think that it is very interesting that everything has been removed.

Shadow205, the obituary and tribute were posted on the funeral home's website so maybe they don't leave them there very long.

WhiteWolf said:
Shadow205, the obituary and tribute were posted on the funeral home's website so maybe they don't leave them there very long.
No, Michelle's was a MeM(making everlasting memories) web page. These are a 90 day web page honoring your loved one. You can read more about how the web site works at this link : http://www.mem.com/products/announcement/prod_Announcement.asp

MrsMush99 said:
Thanks Rasin!! But couldn't a "resonable grounds to suspect the person being named" just be because he's the husband?? I would think they would want fingerprints/dna so they can identify any foreign fingerprints/DNA. He lives in the house, his prints are going to be there so will his DNA. I wonder if they got Meredith's fingerprints too.
MrsMush99, that sounds like a very reasonable explanation- that way LE can rule out many existing prints that belong in the house and perhaps isolate any that don't. It can be used to exclude people as well as include them. In that light, we would expect Michelle's prints, Cassidy's, Meredith's, the friend or friend's who were watching tv with her and Jason's prints in the home- and there could be unidentifiable prints- you are so smart! (This could be the explaination of "other people being fingerprinted" that I think they mentioned on Greta...)

MrsMush99 said:
I would assume (and we know what happens when we do that) - that yes, they would have requested Meredith's fingerprints, as well as prints from all the friends that were there that evening and other family members having had entry to that house. Seems to me there would be resonable grounds to suspect each and everyone of them initially until they are either ruled in or out by process of elimination. I don't recall reading any articles relating to collection of these prints from family and friends, but I do believe had there been court orders issued to do so - the press would have done their usual job of stirring the pot.

Not sure LE can allude that being a husband alone to a murdered spouse is actually reasonable grounds to assume he is the person who commited the offense. The difference of course being the involvement of a lawyer thereby forcing LE to take this route. I'll not get on my soap box about lawyers, this thread is long enough...:)

packerdog said:
I was thinking that it sure is taking them a long time to go over the crime scene at the house but then I was thinking that if Jason killed her there was alot of blood that would have been on him. I would think maybe he took a shower before getting into his car. They are probably checking the drain in the shower. Also it sounds like blood was tracked by the baby all over the house, they would have to check every spot of blood.
(If it was Jason, he also could have taken his clothes off and tossed them in the wash machine before he exited the house- would they check for laundered clothing?)

Boyz_Mum said:
MrsMush99, that sounds like a very reasonable explanation- that way LE can rule out many existing prints that belong in the house and perhaps isolate any that don't. It can be used to exclude people as well as include them. In that light, we would expect Michelle's prints, Cassidy's, Meredith's, the friend or friend's who were watching tv with her and Jason's prints in the home- and there could be unidentifiable prints- you are so smart! (This could be the explaination of "other people being fingerprinted" that I think they mentioned on Greta...)
Right Boyz. I think others will be fingerprinted. How else would they know what's what and who's who.

Here's a question about the dog. I would like to know if the dog is aggressive, a watch dog OR a little tiny dog that couldn't hurt a fly. They should check the dogs teeth to see if it bit anyone, they might find some DNA there. Even if the dog was barking, it is possible no one heard it. They houses are pretty far apart from what I saw on Greta last night.

Boyz_Mum said:
(If it was Jason, he also could have taken his clothes off and tossed them in the wash machine before he exited the house- would they check for laundered clothing?)
Oh I'm sure they'll check the laundry. He can't be that dumb though, can he?

Great response, MrsM!

Not random could mean that it's someone she knows, not only Jason, ANYONE. Or maybe she was a target. I'm not saying I think she was a target for someone, just saying what not random could mean.

Yes, of course: I've used the "not-random = not stranger" myself. My feel is that the "something" that convinced LE has to be pretty strong. We would be correct to assume most of the people that had been with/near Michelle in the days up to her murder have been interviewed by LE as well as ex-b/f, clients, neighbours. However, the caveat here is tapestry that makes up a ghastly fabric: the stats and number of young, pregnant women that have been murdered by their spouses. That said, Jason was focus either which way. His actions and timeline automatically become almost the first to eliminate - and from there, LE ripple outwards. From what little we know, certain things do seem odd.

I'm wondering why with their second child he would murder her. What would be the motive for that? Surely it couldn't be because he didn't want to be a daddy, he already is. That's really bugging me. Maybe it has nothing to do with her being pregnant at all. Maybe he didn't murder her (if he did, of course) because of the baby. I automatically assume that if a pregnant woman is murdered it's because of the baby, but maybe that's not the case at all.

That was my very first thought, too: "but he's already got a baby girl - so???". However, IF those dastard rumour mills are true and Michelle had to get married, maybe that had an impact on him. I hope those facts are not true - but wedding/birth certs will prove one way or another. It might be possible that Jason simply wanted 'out' ... a new baby may have made him look like a jerk (whatever) if he walked during or immed after the baby was born. Again, rumour mills are churning the 'talk of problems'. We have to wait this one out!

I think it's too early to tell. Her family only gave one PC. They are not on the TV everyday giving PC's. Neither is LE for that matter. I don't even think LE gave one PC. And speaking out doesn't necessarily mean anything either. Remember Mark Hacking?? Killed Lori in their home, then dumped her in a dumpster and she was found in a landfill several months later. He spoke out begging for information. His father even stated this isn't like "the Laci Peterson case". Shows how much he knew.

You're abso right: too early to tell. However, Jason has not come out - and as Shadow's post above supports - there's clearly a rift emerging between the families. Jason made that obvious by his body language at the funeral. Not speaking does not indicate guilt/innocence, I agree. However his absence from that Thursday evening through today is getting more "visual" as the days pass - he seems to be distancing himself from everything; I just find that odd. Yep, Hacking and Peterson both showed different traits; no crime offers a 'right' or 'wrong' way to act.

Maybe the court ordered it because he has an attorney. Remember we only know what the media is telling us. Maybe they didn't even ask Jason to submit it but right to the court to get a notification to submit because he has an attorney. You never know.

Yes I think that's why the court ordered it, too - and the roll of dice simply meant it didn't bode well in the public eye. In addition, MrsM, the instant lawyering-up made many wonder what he has to protect? What about Michelle? Michelle's family? Rushing to LE and not giving a toasted butter-bean what anyone else thought! His wife was just bludgeoned to death - killing his baby boy, too. Sadly, it's not what they say - it's perhaps what they don't say....

I agree.
Lol, me too - and I now have to read back to see what we agree about, heh! :p

I think we are in for the long haul with this one. We keep hearing the same information over and over on the all the news station. I wish LE would come out and say something.

Yep: this might be a long drive home! And you took the words right out of my mouth: we're hearing the exact same thing all the time.

It seems like the are. I just really hope it doesn't turn our to be Jason that did this. But he is going to be looked at closely because he is the spouse. I just hope if it's not him they rule him out quickly so they can move on to find who really did this.

Lordie - I so wish upon wish that this does not turn out to be Jason, too. The alarming stats appear this is becoming a *&%$#@! TREND - and it's disgusting. Gosh - we know of the high profile cases - there are hundreds of them. It's sick. I've dived into this case just as I did Laci's case back first week Jan, 2003 (I was here with 2 crashes, different nic and rejoined few mos after W/S got going again!). Perhaps it's because I couldn't have kids - and have had to plough my energies into other things - that when I read about these cases and 'typical' scenarios, I implode
inside, MrsM...

That was great - record stopped, dropped my cat, spilt the d-coke and dashed here to reply. I don't mean to come over as a 'lunch-mob-artist', but until we DO hear more ... hmmm-mmmm - I'm still skeptical :)

Shadow205 said:
I found an article which mentions the link for the memorial/obit

http://rdu.news14.com/content/your_news/triangle/default.asp?ArID=94112

Go to the above link and then click on this link
To read Michelle Young's obituary, view a picture slideshow of her or write a tribute, click here.

I think that it is very interesting that everything has been removed.

Eeegads! I saw this post just as I was responding to MrsM's. This will be an interesting situation. Thanks for the update, Shadow...

MrsMush99 said:
Oh I'm sure they'll check the laundry. He can't be that dumb though, can he?
I just wonder if that would seem like an easier solution than climbing in the car full of blood spatter- and easier than disposing the evidence in the trash somewhere... Again, just my opinion- as off the wall as it is...

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Lordie - I so wish upon wish that this does not turn out to be Jason, too. The alarming stats appear this is becoming a *&%$#@! TREND - and it's disgusting. Gosh - we know of the high profile cases - there are hundreds of them. It's sick. I've dived into this case just as I did Laci's case back first week Jan, 2003 (I was here with 2 crashes, different nic and rejoined few mos after W/S got going again!). Perhaps it's because I couldn't have kids - and have had to plough my energies into other things - that when I read about these cases and 'typical' scenarios, I implode
inside, MrsM...

That was great - record stopped, dropped my cat, spilt the d-coke and dashed here to reply. I don't mean to come over as a 'lunch-mob-artist', but until we DO hear more ... hmmm-mmmm - I'm still skeptical :)

I was here during Laci also and the two crashes. That case really got to me. I feel myself going in that direction again with this one. That means my house won't be cleaned for awhile!! I keep running back and forth to the computer, clean something, come back, clean something, come back, LOL.

packerdog said:

Hi packerdog! We learnt from SP and other cases that running bleach through the drains may interfere with positive blood ID. If Jason did commit this crime, I agree with you, he likely cleaned any marks off of himself. I keep thinking of the baby - LE would be able to tell just where she went and what she was up to, sweet lil innocent thing.

We have no idea what the murder weapon may have been, do we? Lord, LE are certainly holding everything back this time round....

fran said:
This "person" claiming to be a 'friend' of Jasons claims the couple lost a child ealier in the 'spring.' Well, May is spring. It was November when Michelle was murdered and the first reports were she was four months pregnant. This means she was pregnant from July. IF Greta was correct in stating she was pregnant at the time of the accident in May,......then she lost the baby after the accident.

JMHO
fran
I've been mainly reading, but haven't been able to keep up w/ all of this. Maybe this was mentioned, but could this "person" claiming to be a friend actually be Jason trying to make himself look innocent?

kahskye said:
I've been mainly reading, but haven't been able to keep up w/ all of this. Maybe this was mentioned, but could this "person" claiming to be a friend actually be Jason trying to make himself look innocent?
Anything is possible. LE would be able to tell if they take his computer. But it could be someone who doesn't even know them. You never know with forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela