Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth said:
Yeah, but if you're going to murder your pregnant wife, you're probably cold enough to do anything....

True.

I thought the sister's voice sounded shaky/upset but waaaaaaay more calm than I would have been. Maybe she went into autopilot like people have been known to do in an emergency situation?

I know I can hold it together until the emergency is over...maybe she's that way. Afterwards I shake so bad my legs won't even hold me up. That's when the crying starts. It's almost like being in shock while dealing with the emergency and you don't let yourself really feel it until it's over.

Elizabeth said:
New article just released:

Slain Woman's Husband at County Crime Office
The husband of a young Wake County woman found dead in her home last Friday was seen Wednesday morning at the fingerprinting area of a county crime office.

http://www.wral.com/news/10273399/detail.html

Thank you for that link, Elizabeth. This case is moving along at a rapid pace.

If her husband did it, i wonder what kind of life insurance policy his wife had?

I think the sister sounded very upset at the first of the 911 tape. The dispatcher talked to her in a calm voice. Some people handle things better than others. I have had to call 911 for a very serious medical problem and you have to remain calm to handle it. The sister was also dealing with a little 2 year old child that had been walking through the blood. She would not have been any help to the little girl if she lost it. I am sure she will not be able to close her eyes without seeing her sister.

I indicated early in this thread that a rumor mill around here, and I am very local to the crime, was that the husband had some large gambling debts AND the wife had a large insurance policy. Purely speculation and could be way off base so take it FWIW.

Scout said:
I can't believe that some of you are looking at her sister with suspicion. Why some of you want to twist things around to absolve the husband and create insinuations and innuendo to direct suspicion at the sister is beyond me.
This is a crime forum, we discuss cases, we talk about everyone involved, and until the police say they have compelling evidence and suspect in custody, everyone is looked at, everyone is a suspect...isn't that the smart way to be....or nooooo, let's just say the husband did it and convict him, cause you say so, becasue this is usually the case, the stats say he did it, so he did it?

The hubby is prolly guilty, your theory is prolly exactly right, but.....at this time we don't KNOW that....the sister found the body, she is automatically a suspect, until she is cleared, IMO.

Warm welcome to all the Newbies that have jumped in on this one!!!!!

HIYA StampnWendy, FFWifey, wufdude and Elizabeth!

Welcome to WS!

This is a crime forum, we discuss cases, we talk about everyone involved, and until the police say they have compelling evidence and suspect in custody, everyone is looked at, everyone is a suspect...isn't that the smart way to be....or nooooo, let's just say the husband did it and convict him, cause you say so, becasue this is usually the case, the stats say he did it, so he did it?
I agree whole heartedly. There's no reason not to throw out the possibility of the sister being involved. Everything is speculation on our part anyways.

I wonder if her poor little daughter saw anything?? And if she did, how reliable is her word since he's only two? So sad. I can't get this image out of my mind of her walking around her mommy, trying to wake her up. :(

Was the husband actually still there while the visitor was there? I haven't seen it spelled out that way in any of the articles.

I can understand why you feel the way you do about the discussion of the sister possibly being involved, but that's part of looking at all possibilites which is what we do on these forums. I am sure investigators look at all possibilities because they just don't know the people involved or what they are or are not capable of.

My personal feeling is that she is not involved and she was just used so the husband did not have to call the police himself after returning home.

christine2448 said:

Welcome to WS!

I'll second that!

SewingDeb said:
Was the husband actually still there while the visitor was there? I haven't seen it spelled out that way in any of the articles.

I can understand why you feel the way you do about the discussion of the sister possibly being involved, but that's part of looking at all possibilites which is what we do on these forums. I am sure investigators look at all possibilities because they just don't know the people involved or what they are or are not capable of.

My personal feeling is that she is not involved and she was just used so the husband did not have to call the police himself after returning home.
I'm wondering the same thing. The articles just say that she had visitors until around 10:30 (obviously these visitors are known) but that the husband also left that night, not that he was there with the visitors. Since LE would know who these visitors are and am certain have conducted interviews, it should be known whether the husband was there or not.

christine2448 said:

Welcome to WS!
Thank you! I've been a long-time lurker but with a crime hitting so close to home, I felt the need to join in on the discussions.

christine2448 said:

The hubby is prolly guilty, your theory is prolly exactly right, but.....at this time we don't KNOW that....the sister found the body, she is automatically a suspect, until she is cleared, IMO.

I didn't say a word about stats or husband on wife murders usually being the case. I formed my opinion based on the facts reported.

It's the husband's vehicle that police impounded, not the sister's.

It's the husband being finger-printed by police, not the sister.

It's the husband that police have expressed an interest in talking to, not the sister.

It's the husband that ran off on a supposed business trip in the middle of the night and sent his sister-in-law over to pick up a fax so that she would find the body.

And it's the husband who lawyered up as soon as he got back to town rather than assisting the police in finding his wife's killer.

There has been nothing reported that implicates Meredith in any way. Some people here just want to read something into her 911 call so that they can point and gossip rather than lay blame where it belongs. I find that truly despicable.

wufdude,

I agree that the investigators know whether the husband was still there when the visitor(s) was there. Just trying to find out if we really know that information yet (if it has been reported, etc.).

I'm curious about life insurance and debts too.

knicksgal1 said:
I feel so sorry for the sister in terms of the suspicion here. I believe she was in shock on that 911 call. Sometimes I wish we would wait for more info from LE before jumping to conclusions.

I agree with you, knicksgal.... listening to that heartbreaking 911 tape, I sense that the sister appeared breathless at times - tried to be composed at times and ... she also had the wherewithall to realise she was on the phone to the authorities and - more than anything - had to have her wits about her for the baby's sake. I feel she made a conscious effort to gather her inner strength in an attempt to REMAIN CALM and deal with this - and also because her 2-yr old niece was clearly very confused. If the sister had "cracked", the baby would have gone hysterical, too.

As for the husband? He seems to follow tell-tale signs seen all too often: conveniently absent; instantly lawyering up; fingerprinted; vehicle impounded; avoiding the media; personal finance issues; no comment... and trying not to be the person to 'discover' the scene. Just as with TOOOOO many other cases such as Barber, Peterson, Hacking, Capano, Porco, Longo: the omission of *ANY OTHER* DNA - may be telling in and of itself. My comments are purely personal - just based on previous cases.

The disarray may have been from a dual struggle - not necessarily by an intruder. All the same, we have to accept that 'those closest to' are always approached first to be eliminated first. Nevertheless .... very tragic.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
I agree with you, knicksgal.... listening to that heartbreaking 911 tape, I sense that the sister appeared breathless at times - tried to be composed at times and ... she also had the wherewithall to realise she was on the phone to the authorities and - more than anything - had to have her wits about her for the baby's sake. I feel she made a conscious effort to gather her inner strength in an attempt to REMAIN CALM and deal with this - and also because her 2-yr old niece was clearly very confused. If the sister had "cracked", the baby would have gone hysterical, too.

As for the husband? He seems to follow tell-tale signs seen all too often: conveniently absent; instantly lawyering up; fingerprinted; vehicle impounded; avoiding the media; personal finance issues; no comment... and trying not to be the person to 'discover' the scene. Just as with TOOOOO many other cases such as Barber, Peterson, Hacking, Capano, Porco, Longo: the omission of *ANY OTHER* DNA - may be telling in and of itself. My comments are purely personal - just based on previous cases.

The disarray may have been from a dual struggle - not necessarily by an intruder. All the same, we have to accept that 'those closest to' are always approached first to be eliminated first. Nevertheless .... very tragic.

Very well said, Annie. I couldn't agree more. I'm not certain how much disarray there was though. The sister only specified the blood in the bed, the toddler's bloody footprints, and the freaked-out dog. Police have said there was no sign of a break-in, and wasted little time in declaring it to be not a random crime.

Consider the fact that Michelle's guest left at about 10:30, but police have publicly expressed no interest in the time span from 10:30 to midnight. There's certainly a reason for that.

Scout said:
I didn't say a word about stats or husband on wife murders usually being the case. I formed my opinion based on the facts reported.

It's the husband's vehicle that police impounded, not the sister's.

It's the husband being finger-printed by police, not the sister.

It's the husband that police have expressed an interest in talking to, not the sister.

It's the husband that ran off on a supposed business trip in the middle of the night and sent his sister-in-law over to pick up a fax so that she would find the body.

And it's the husband who lawyered up as soon as he got back to town rather than assisting the police in finding his wife's killer.

There has been nothing reported that implicates Meredith in any way. Some people here just want to read something into her 911 call so that they can point and gossip rather than lay blame where it belongs. I find that truly despicable.
I truly am sorry you feel those of us sleuthing out all the people involved in a case is despicable, I disagree.

Of course the husbands car is being looked at, If I were LE he'd be my prime suspect right now and I'd be looking at EVERYTHING of his. We don't know that the sisters car hasn't been checked, or won't be...not everything is reported/released to media, and that is where we get most of our info.

Of course the husband is being finger printed, as I'm sure the sister was and I'm sure others and more to come.

Of course the police are talking to the husband, I am SURE they are also talking to the sister and every other Jane, Dick and Harry that the deceased knew, especially the sister, who was the 1st on the scene.

As far as the husband running of in the middle of the night, I am understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, there was company at the house until 10:30....I don't remember, what time did the husband say he left? Was it in the middle of the night?

Of course the husband lawyered up, I woulda.

Now.....we have NO idea what evidence at this time the police have, correct? Tell, what evidence at this time can be gathered that has been released? What do we know for sure at this point? Concrete and circumstancial? (<--did I word that right?)

Meredith is a suspect b/c she found the body, and I have to repeat that I think she sounded too calm during the 911 call, but that is only my opinion. If the husband did this murder alone, he is a total non-human to have done it, but to have the sister go in to find her is unspeakable. I think if they are fingerprinting him, they are looking at him really, really close. I think he is toast. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle