Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SewingDeb, thank you for the warm welcome! I am so excited to actually post and I am anxiously awaiting more news on this case so we have more to discuss!

And I think I remember you from the Peterson board!!!!

Found an interesting comment on a local forum from a neighbor of Michelle Young.

<snip>

"Neighborhood residents have a collective suspect of their own. The Sheriff's Department has said that he is a "person of interest." This is NOT the husband, although he may also be a "person of interest" separately."
you can read the full comment posted by Author: BirchleafResident here : http://forums.go.com/abclocal/WTVD/thread?threadID=136961

2luvmy said:
Just playing devil's adovcate here...

Why pay for a fax service when you have a fax machine at home, know your wife is at work, and someone who could have been helping you plan the surprise has access to your house could just run over and grab it?

I wouldn't pay for one.
I wouldn't have it faxed while I was out of town if it was that important nor would I be planning a trip or a surprise gift while on business and visiting family. It would wait until I was home.

The funeral arrangement article said she had company until about 10:30 pm Thursday night but not who it was. Hm.

I really hope it's NOT the husband because then at least the little girl has a parent.

Malapoo said:
The funeral arrangement article said she had company until about 10:30 pm Thursday night but not who it was. Hm.

I really hope it's NOT the husband because then at least the little girl has a parent.

I read that in another article yesterday ... that there was company until 10:30 and that her husband left the same night. That means that the husband knows who was visiting when he left. I'm guessing the guest left before midnight because the time in question seems to be between midnight and 5 or 6 am.

Elizabeth said:
SewingDeb, thank you for the warm welcome! I am so excited to actually post and I am anxiously awaiting more news on this case so we have more to discuss!

And I think I remember you from the Peterson board!!!!

You're welcome. : ) I hope the killer left some clues...DNA would be nice.

My heart goes out to the poor little girl. She was alone with her mother for about 12 hours.

I agree that the "pick up a fax at my house" thing sounds weird, but the neighborhood collective suspect from the local forum quote (if I'm repeating that correctly) sounds even weirder. Who would lots of neighbors know well enough for them all to consider this person a suspect? I can only think of another neighbor or a frequent visitor who the neighbors recognize.

Whoever it is (husband, neighbor, frequent visitor, random stranger even), how can anyone beat a pregnant woman to death in her own home with her child there? I know there's no rational answer to my question, but what is WRONG with people?

This is my first post (been a lurker for a few years), so hope I'm doing this right...I also followed the Peterson case...something doesn't sound right here.

Looks like the 911 call has now been posted at WRAL. The sister Meredith sounds a little too calm for me after finding her sister...does anyone else notice that? If this was my sister and I found her, I don't think I would be that calm or even able to talk!!!!

SewingDeb - I totally agree. I thought the photo looked like Laci, mentioned that to my daughter today. I hope it isn't a repeat of a husband killing a beautiful wife, who is already a Mother, and pregnant - that just makes me sick. Why can't they ask for a divorce?

Sabal said:
SewingDeb - I totally agree. I thought the photo looked like Laci, mentioned that to my daughter today. I hope it isn't a repeat of a husband killing a beautiful wife, who is already a Mother, and pregnant - that just makes me sick. Why can't they ask for a divorce?

I have a feeling it's because they think they are taking the easy way out. Peterson found out it's not so. I wonder if he has any regrets now.

I really hope this little girl's father did not kill her mother or have the killing done while he was conveniently out of town. All too many times it is the spouse or boyfriend when it is not a random killing.

teonspaleprincess said:
Maybe hubby and sister had something going on and planned this?

You never know.

Maybe hubby and sister had something going on and planned this?
I thought this to. Something just seemed really odd about that 911 call.

wufdude said:
I thought this to. Something just seemed really odd about that 911 call.
I thought she was really calm too, but maybe she was just trying to stay calm so not to upset Cassie, the little girl. As I listened though, I kept waiting for her to scream or something when she realized her sister was stiff. I am pretty sure I would have but more upset than she was, but I don't know if her reaction was so unsual either considering the daughter was there.

I just think that, child being there or not, a typical reaction would be to just absolutely freak it if you found your sister dead and blood everywhere. It sounds like we may be hearing something soon in terms of what LE knows.

I am not bothered by the way the sister sounded on the 911 call. I have answered many 911 calls for every type of an emergency and her call did not sound unusual to me. IMO, you could hear in her voice that she was upset. No, she was not hysterical but she could have been minutes before she placed the call. We don't know that she wasn't screaming when she first found her. I think that she was trying to be as composed as possible for her niece. Some people can "keep it together" at the time of a crisis, then totaly loose it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75