Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
otto said:
I just went back to the obituary page, with photos, but it's gone except for the movie: http://brownwynne.mem.com/movie/MovingMemories.asp?ID=1581967&mm=0 which, if I recall, is most of the photos in a movie format. There was a big black dog, like a rottweiler, in the photos. Maybe someone else remembers the breed of dog. It looks pretty serious as a watchdog. There's a picture of a little girl with the big dog and I just assumed it was Cassidy. That dog should have deterred a thief or been injured in the scuffle.

At the very least, the dog should have warned Michelle to get the phone and be ready to call the police.
You can see how much she loved her family and how much Cassidy loves her mommy. I get so mad and angry over these senseless crimes.

raisincharlie said:
Deja vu - no one thought Scott P had anything to do with Laci's death either, including Laci's mother, but as time went on things began to clear. The perfect couple, the perfect marrage was an elaborate play and the perfect son/son-in-law was indeed a murderer. Here's hoping this man did not murder his wife - but time will tell and opinions may change.

Raising a toast to this post, charlie: Deja vu alright! In so many eerily similar aspects. I do jump to conclusions (& kinda stubbornly stay there) and regularly admit to the "I'm Judging Banner" because 9 times o/o 10 .... the spouse ends up involved .... and the concept of such an act decries the very nature and fabric of humanity: life, nurturing, love, heritage.

Just as I mentioned in the early posts: all homicides are senseless and irrational: but there's something totally hideous about murdering/molesting a baby/toddler/child and a pregnant woman.

It makes me so sick to know our world regularly produces creatures that perform these barbaric acts...

booradley said:
"Or he knew she was at home, because she had the day off, and sent her sister over there? I can't imagine my surprise if my sis showed up and said "I need to get a fax from your machine.""

Excellent point! Great sleuthing.

I am also wondering about the "friend" who stated that the sister was the nanny for the child at times and babysat the dog and had a key. I heard on a local news report that she said it was totally unexpected that he would call her to do something at the home. Which one true?

Sewing Deb: Gracie says "I Love and miss you"

Boo

the thing about that is .... Meredith says on the 911 call that "Michelle wasn't suppose to be there...she was suppose to be at work", sooooo for some reason Meredith thought she was simply getting a fax for Jason, while Michelle wasn't there....i'm betting Jason told her Michelle was at work....

2sisters said:
I may be wrong b/c I wasn't following very closely. But in one part of Nancy Grace last night they said the dad is not a suspect and gave blood and DNA and has cooperated. But I thought I heard somewhere else that the court ordered the blood samples. Can someone clear this up for me?
The husband got a lawyer early on - he is IMO following the advice of his lawyer. I heard also there was a court order for the collection of dna and blood samples. "Cooperation" is a very strange word most of the time.

I just listened to the 911 tape again, several times. There's a lot of disturbance so it is hard to make everything out. Actually, I'm wondering if LE didn't delete a part here and there, as when Meredith was giving the phone #

Cassidy, "Can we get a wash cloth?" There was a little more, but I couldn't make it out.

Meredith asks Cassidy, "Sweety did you see what happened to mommy? Did she fall?"

Cassidy says something like "Daddy beat" {{some type of cut out or noise}}, ...."she started bleeding everywhere," {{then there's more interruptions or noise and you can't quite make out what she said.}}

But you do know that LE has a way to separate the voices and noises on recordings. There is also further recording when Meredith was talking to the Sheriff's office.

I'm sure LE also talked to Cassidy upon their arrival at the house. They have a way of extracting information from little ones without any harm to the child. They probably took her outside or downstairs, gave her a stuffed animal and kept her busy, AND tried to find out just what she knew.

JMHO
fran

PS...I just saw another interpretation in an earlier post. Interesting the difference in what we hear. I listened several times and I could swear what I posted is what I heard.....I must be losing it. :D fran

Scout said:
You're welcome, MrsMush. I typed up some more of what I hear in the call:

Hope that helps. I do think the husband is the most likely suspect, but I don't think Cassidy saw the violence inflicted on her mother.

Great stuff, Scout. Thank you so much for this. If we were in a forum, I'd vote for a sticky - to ensure your works didn't get lost: and - great subject to talk about (as per last dozen pages here).

Thank you! :clap:

nanandjim said:
I think that he did willingly give blood but LE also had gotten a warrant. Anyway, I don't think that his DNA will work to incriminate him; and he probably knows it. I believe that he returned to the home and hit his wife with a blunt object first while she was sleeping. I don't think that she had a chance to defend herself or scratch her killer.

At this point, I believe that the husband is the perp. I will apologize if I am wrong...which I often am... :(

Hi Nan, I think that she was most likely sleeping too because of the blood in the bed. She probably was close to death when she made it to the floor.

close_enough said:
the thing about that is .... Meredith says on the 911 call that "Michelle wasn't suppose to be there...she was suppose to be at work", sooooo for some reason Meredith thought she was simply getting a fax for Jason, while Michelle wasn't there....i'm betting Jason told her Michelle was at work....

yes, close - I think she took Jason's request in absolute untainted good faith: and that included he may have informed Meredith that Michelle was at work and he (eg) "didn't want the fax there when Michelle got home....".

Still wonder *when* he called Meredith??

Still wonder *why* he didn't call Michelle to catch up on the day?

Still wonder *why* his parents were contacted before contacting Jason on his mobile?

Hmmmm...

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Oh gosh, booradley: NO life is more important than another - and no homidice, abduction, attack (etc) is more 'valuable' than another either. Life pans out in the most mysterious ways ... and with statistics they way they are, maybe a forum that's entitled Pregnancy Homicides may allow us to group together and focus on the overall subject matter - as heinous an option that may be to consider.

Maybe that way, when LE or the media 'come browsing' the pain of other victims' families may be felt - if not serve as reminder? I don't know ... but I most definitely will never stoop to the level that the "dumb-poster" made when articulating Michelle's homicide happened on the eve of some election.

That's a truly vile thought - and I agree with a rcent post elsewhere I saw in BlogWorld ... for a 'known' relative of Jason to even think that way in a time of sadness beggars belief.

It's quite different to use a SUBJECT (slaying of pregnant women/wives/spouses) ... for whatever purposes: but to zone in on a REAL LIFE that's been snatched? For political gain? Ugh! I can't get my head around that thought...

Hope you realize that I agree with you. I think for anyone to suggest that Sheriff pounced on hubby for political purposes is absurd. As for Janet, I think about her everyday and wish the police would make a move to arrest her husband. My comments about her where just rhetorical questions really. What is it with our society today that these cases are becoming so commonplace?

booradley said:
"Or he knew she was at home, because she had the day off, and sent her sister over there? I can't imagine my surprise if my sis showed up and said "I need to get a fax from your machine.""

Excellent point! Great sleuthing.

I am also wondering about the "friend" who stated that the sister was the nanny for the child at times and babysat the dog and had a key. I heard on a local news report that she said it was totally unexpected that he would call her to do something at the home. Which one true?

Sewing Deb: Gracie says "I Love and miss you"

Boo

Awwww.....thank you, Boo. Give her a kiss from me and tell her I miss her. Crystal and Buster send their love.

That is a good point about him knowing Michelle would be home from work on that Friday. It is doubtful that he would send her over to get the fax if he thought she would run into a live sister who would question her being there.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Raising a toast to this post, charlie: Deja vu alright! In so many eerily similar aspects. I do jump to conclusions (& kinda stubbornly stay there) and regularly admit to the "I'm Judging Banner" because 9 times o/o 10 .... the spouse ends up involved .... and the concept of such an act decries the very nature and fabric of humanity: life, nurturing, love, heritage.

Just as I mentioned in the early posts: all homicides are senseless and irrational: but there's something totally hideous about murdering/molesting a baby/toddler/child and a pregnant woman.

It makes me so sick to know our world regularly produces creatures that perform these barbaric acts...
I get stubborn too - keeps things interesting !

I'm with you, this kind of act is beyond belief, I just can never figure out how people could become so cold and brutal. The very thought of harming a child or pregnant woman is inhuman, it would IMO take some very deep depravity to do so. Hoping the police find this monster and he/she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and quickly.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
yes, close - I think she took Jason's request in absolute untainted good faith: and that included he may have informed Meredith that Michelle was at work and he (eg) "didn't want the fax there when Michelle got home....".

Still wonder *why* his parents were contacted before contacting Jason on his mobile?

Hmmmm...
The only answer I could have for this one is that maybe Michelle's family somehow knew that Jason was going to arriving there so they called his folks. I'm not sure how rural the area is he was in but maybe there was no service to reach his cell......

PolkSaladAnnie said:

Hmmmm...

Him calling doesn't bother me. My husband goes all day with out calling me. I don't speak to him until him comes home. Although, when I was pregnant he did call more often, but not everyday. I know some people speak to their spouses several times a day. The question is, did he normally call her or not? That's the question I would like to know. If he spoke to her everyday several times and day and then DIDN'T call her on the day she was murdered, then I would be suspicious. I'm sure the phone records will let us know that information.

booradley said:
Hope you realize that I agree with you. I think for anyone to suggest that Sheriff pounced on hubby for political purposes is absurd. As for Janet, I think about her everyday and wish the police would make a move to arrest her husband. My comments about her where just rhetorical questions really. What is it with our society today that these cases are becoming so commonplace?

Hi booradley: yes, I did pick up on your feelings and rhetoric - and I was referring to some ridiculous poster over at another blog (called himself are-you-really-that-dumb??? - and shortened here to "dumb"). He claimed to be 'close' and alluded to this homicide management being a political move by the Sheriff's office, etc. Well - my heels went in hard and sharp when I read that.

I cannot for the life of me fathom what gives in society to believe this sort of action is an option. God in Heaven! From a very little kid, I remember my father stepping aside in a small country store (till queue) for a lady in a big blue double-breasted coat that had 'barrells' for buttons. I asked him why he let her go... he told me she was pregnant and shouldn't be standing too long(which 'bump' I couldn't even see - I was maybe 4 or 5 - but never forgotten that).

It's truly the most heinous thing: I feel the same way about brutality to kids and animals. It wreaks havoc in my head.

Bless you, booradly and your perpetual thoughts for Janet... God, maybe this case will jolt Janet's story into the harsh reality that it is?

Best: PSA

pack_fan said:
Not to mention the car they impounded from him along with all the contents. Looking for minute splatters of blood or whatever. Doesn't sit right with me, law or not, that they would let him leave with the child if they are going after him.

Just makes me think the investigation is taking a different direction if the da was at the house yesterday and they were bringing different people in today to finger print.
Are we sure that the child is with him? I continue to hear conflicting stories on that.

Thanks MrsM.

I suppose I felt that knowing Michelle would have been alone, he'd have called up - even briefly - to confirm he'd arrived OK, if nothing else. Even an sms msg??? Suppose cos hubby and I chat regularly - he *always* calls me as he gets in the car on his way home. If the traffic is hectic, or he's stopping to pick up (??) I'm g/teed an sms or call. Not all cloth is cut to the same pattern. I concede that much, lol!

You, too, maissey:

Sure. Just seemed odd that his parents were called; maybe his cell was out of zone? Switched off? But that's some news to break to parents... guess we have to wait this one out...

Good thoughts, tho.

Maybe he didn't want to take the call because he knew what it was and he thought it better if they called his parents.

That "dumb" poster also said that Josh and Cassidy were staying with her parents right now. I thought that was hard to believe, now we hear that he is with his parents. I think that that poster just wants attention, who knows what she/he really knows.

packerdog said:
Maybe he didn't want to take the call because he knew what it was and he thought it better if they called his parents.

That "dumb" poster also said that Josh and Cassidy were staying with her parents right now. I thought that was hard to believe, now we hear that he is with his parents. I think that that poster just wants attention, who knows what she/he really knows.

He can always say his cells were low or non-existant when asked. I think he needed the time to prepare his response for his parents. I would love to be wrong but this is leading to a very familiar path.

The "dumb" poster is doing major damage control in everything he/she says. Deflection/confusion etc. JMO.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Sure. Just seemed odd that his parents were called; maybe his cell was out of zone? Switched off? But that's some news to break to parents... guess we have to wait this one out...

Good thoughts, tho.

As a sales rep, a cell phone is a very important part of your necessary equipment. Why would a sales rep have his cell off during business hours?

It will be interesting to hear just how much of the time he was ehhh......on the road he had his cell phone off. Did he learn from previous cases that if he has his cell phone on they can track your whereabouts?

JMHO
fran

packerdog said:

And, packerdog, "dumb" contradicted him/herself a couple of times. I just didn't like the (forgive me) Lee&Jackie Peterisms attached to the entirety of that post: Jason was a perfect, regular guy: just too good to do this .... and it was as though Michelle, her family, the Sheriff, media etc all had probelms and skeletons of their own.

Who's Josh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members