Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oceanblueeyes said:
Charlie,

When the case was unfolding if I were a police officer I would require any person that I knew frequented that home or lived there to be fingerprinted. Even though I may have no solid suspect I would as a matter of SOP impounded all vehicles and contents that belonged to the ones that lived in that home. I am sure the police has done likewise.

Oh I have no doubt that they believe it was a known person to Michelle, usually they base that on the way the victim is killed. As I stated in the Walker case I believe they based it as not a random act due to the overkill method of the murder. I think that weighs heavily in the equation.

I am not even sure the dogs were used but it doesnt rule out someone from the trailer park. They easily could have traveled in a vehicle instead of on foot through the woods. I dont know how reliable any of these posters that say they know the Youngs are but one said that at this time of year the trees are losing their leaves and one can see through the woods and see the back of the home from the trailer park.

So if they cant see anything then why are they now widening out the area and asking these other people anything? Surely the police think if they are asking them these things that one can see the home from their place, I would think. I am still trying to understand why they would be asking these people if they had ever been inside the home especially if they are sure they know who the killer is?

IMO

Ocean
Ocean,

Scott Dyleski didn't personally know Pam Vitale and he definitely over did things. There was no declaration in that case that it was a non-random case so I disagree that the method of killing carries significant weight as to the determination of random versus non-random. Truth is, every murder is rather personal and overkill doesn't mean the killer and the victim actually knew each other.

As for the trees, the aerial clearly shows a large portion of those trees are evergreens and the ones that aren't probably had lost their leaves. But what really does that have to do with being able to see the home and anything that might have gone on there between midnight and 6 am ? Darkness is darkness, leaves in the woods or not. If one lives across the street, one might be able to see a car. If one lives 250 yards away and seperated by a woods, logic dictates, they could not have seen anything. I agree, someone could have driven over from the trailer park, but I could have driven there from Missouri as well.

Why asking now - well maybe now the police have identified a majority of the fingerprints in the house, but there may be some they haven't identified. This might be why they are asking not what people saw but rather if they had ever been in the house. Maybe they are asking in the trailer park area because the immediate neighbors fingerprints have been identified. At least they are being diligent. This is typical, start close, evaluate the evidence, and expand out if unknowns remain.

Impounding vehicles, like searching a crime scene still requires a warrant. Any judge in the world will sign a warrant for a vehicle located at the scene, but there must be a reason for impounding a vehicle that was not at the scene, especially one that was supposedly located in another state at the time, family relationships or not, husband or not.

Why are you so worried really - I know you study - you are stewing on something - spit it out.

fran said:
If I recall correctly, the other evening when Greta asked the Sheriff if there was a fax machine at the home, he said he couldn't verify one way or the other as he hadn't been inside the home.

Sorry, just sounded a curious comment to me as the reason the sister went to the home in the first place was to catch an incoming fax.

This is why I say, since we keep hearing 'something' is missing, it could possibly be a computer (and printer).

Just food for thought.
fran

It is possible to receive a fax through the computer. It is called an efax.

fran said:
If I recall correctly, the other evening when Greta asked the Sheriff if there was a fax machine at the home, he said he couldn't verify one way or the other as he hadn't been inside the home.

Sorry, just sounded a curious comment to me as the reason the sister went to the home in the first place was to catch an incoming fax.

This is why I say, since we keep hearing 'something' is missing, it could possibly be a computer (and printer).

Just food for thought.
fran

Oh I see what you are saying.

I do think the fax was there JMO of course lol. I am sure Merideth never checked to see once finding her poor sister's body.

It is customary these days for the Sheriff to stay out of the crime scene and he relies on his investigating officers to update him. They really are trying to preserve crime scenes much better than letting all the police force traipse in and out. Now they may have one or two investigators inside, officers outside to maintain scene and then the forensic techs come in.

But......I sure would like to know what is missing wouldn't you? Did they remove her weddings rings perhaps?

IMO

Ocean

With regard to the something missing that poster has clarified that they did in fact mean stolen. Can't reveal what that something is though. I personally have a hunch that it's Michele's purse but also think some piece of jewelry she was known to never take off is a possibility to me.

Ocean, I'm with Rainscharlie ;) I know you suspect someone but aren't saying who, pm me would ya?

oceanblueeyes said:
Who is saying he lost his job? I am sure at this time the company is very well aware of what is happening in his life now and that he has his little child to give special care to due to this tragedy. Many employers will give their employees ample time to be off in emergency situation.

Has it been verified that he doesn't have a job? Who is saying that? I must have missed it.

I am sure he is not back working yet, it has only been 2 weeks since Michelle and the baby died.

IMO

Ocean

Wasn't me that said it was just answering the poster that like me must of read it here or ctv earlier. I think it was a supposed friend of Jason's on the ctv board that said it but with my memory I could be wrong, I know I read it just can't remember where it originated.

fran said:

Just food for thought.
fran
Good food Fran !!!

It doesn't surprise me that the sheriff didn't know for sure if there was a fax machine or not-I suspect he has not reviewed the inventory of items collected or examined and I doubt his focus would be on a machine when there is a body and a baby to worry about.

Let me ask however, would anyone in the family other than Jason, really be able to tell LE what, if anything was missing ? Would someone not living in that home know every item that was in it at 11:59 on November the 2nd ? Is it reasonable to assume that in the reported and acknowledged one brief meeting the police had with Jason on the day his wife's body was found he told them there was something missing ?

This leads me to the following - if something is missing - in my mind it would have to be something very obvious that someone living outside the home would be able to say it is gone, or there was some obvious physical indication of removal of an item.

wedding ring is obvious, but I'm not convinced that other jewlery would be obvious even to her sister. jewlery can be loaned or sent in for cleaning, repair and so on.

money, well it could be obvious if MY's purse was ransacked, same with credit cards.

a computer could be very obvious to a family member or friend possibly, so a computer is a good idea I think. other electronic equipment could be obvious as well.

what if only a hard drive is missing from a computer - that would catch anyone's eye and certainly raise a few eyebrows when discovered...whatever is missing, if indeed something is missing, and there is no confirmed official report of that, I would suspect it is something that would betray the killer. JMO.

Could also be the murder weapon

raisincharlie said:
Ocean,

Why are you so worried really - I know you study - you are stewing on something - spit it out.

:) I am not quite sure what you are asking me Charlie. I am trying to remain neutral because we have no supporting facts in this case against Jason to show he did this. YET! LOL Some things just dont make logical police sense to me. Such as, if they have had the vehicle for two weeks they have had ample time to find evidence in it. In SPs case they had completed the forensic testing of his first truck in about four days according to trial testimony. So in this case if there was any evidence linking him to Michelle's murder in this vehicle there would already be an arrest warrant issued. Imo if they found one drop of blood or a bloody print in that vehicle Jason Young would be down at the jailhouse right now being held without bond.

I am not stewing about anything at all Charlie but I guess I am trying to be more cautious and not stereotype ever male into being another Scott Peterson until I know for sure they are.

Now you know me very well, if and when that information comes forth, I will give Jason Young no slack.

IMO

Ocean

Daniel Horowitz is a criminal defense lawyer himself, and when his wife was murdered he talked to police immediately, gave his fingerprints and blood samples, co-operated fully with LE and then some. Per Michael Cardoza (I think it was him), in the early days after his wife's murder some of Daniel's lawyer friends warned him that perhaps he should not be so open with the police, that they would likely be looking at him as a suspect. Horowitz knew he was innocent and he cooperated fully with LE.

Now, I ask you - if your own dear husband or wife was found murdered in your home, you mean to tell me you would instantly hire a criminal defense attorney and would NOT meet with police, would make them get an order to obtain your fingerprints and blood sample?

Something is NOT right here, that's for sure. The police will get his cell phone records, the bank records, etc. If he was in debt, they'll find it. If he turned his cell phone off for a period of time, they'll know it.

Cypros said:
It is possible to receive a fax through the computer. It is called an efax.

That's probably why the friend said it was a computer print out and not a fax. That makes sense. Thanks Cypros :)

raisincharlie said:
Good food Fran !!!

It doesn't surprise me that the sheriff didn't know for sure if there was a fax machine or not-I suspect he has not reviewed the inventory of items collected or examined and I doubt his focus would be on a machine when there is a body and a baby to worry about.

Let me ask however, would anyone in the family other than Jason, really be able to tell LE what, if anything was missing ? Would someone not living in that home know every item that was in it at 11:59 on November the 2nd ? Is it reasonable to assume that in the reported and acknowledged one brief meeting the police had with Jason on the day his wife's body was found he told them there was something missing ?

This leads me to the following - if something is missing - in my mind it would have to be something very obvious that someone living outside the home would be able to say it is gone, or there was some obvious physical indication of removal of an item.

wedding ring is obvious, but I'm not convinced that other jewelry would be obvious even to her sister. jewelry can be loaned or sent in for cleaning, repair and so on.

money, well it could be obvious if MY's purse was ransacked, same with credit cards.

a computer could be very obvious to a family member or friend possibly, so a computer is a good idea I think. other electronic equipment could be obvious as well.

what if only a hard drive is missing from a computer - that would catch anyone's eye and certainly raise a few eyebrows when discovered...whatever is missing, if indeed something is missing, and there is no confirmed official report of that, I would suspect it is something that would betray the killer. JMO.

The Sheriff gave me the impression they may have the murder weapon.

I have wondered if it was a Mag-lite. If it was one of the larger ones those are very sturdy and heavy. They would do tremendous damage.

IMO

Ocean

raisincharlie said:
Good food Fran !!!

wedding ring is obvious, but I'm not convinced that other jewlery would be obvious even to her sister. jewlery can be loaned or sent in for cleaning, repair and so on.

I've said numerous times that there's no way LE could know if anything was missing without psychic abilities. The most obvious glaring thing is her purse and since that poster on ctv knows something was stolen but can't reveal it and mentioned Meredith I'll say they knew right away because Jason's family's phone number was the only one she could find. They would've looked for that right away imo. No forced entry but possibility of a robbery may make LE think Michele let the person in also and that's why they said not random. I think LE would be wise to check out who the neighbors friend is that was alluded to by someone from that neighborhood. He clearly could have seen Michele while at his friends house and was targeting her for a sexual attack or the house for a robbery. Just saying :innocent:

oceanblueeyes said:

I have wondered if it was a Mag-lite. If it was one of the larger ones those are very sturdy and heavy. They would do tremendous damage.

IMO

Ocean

What's a mag-lite? Why do you think that was used as opposed to a hundred other things? :waitasec:

AlwaysShocked said:
Daniel Horowitz is a criminal defense lawyer himself, and when his wife was murdered he talked to police immediately, gave his fingerprints and blood samples, co-operated fully with LE and then some. Per Michael Cardoza (I think it was him), in the early days after his wife's murder some of Daniel's lawyer friends warned him that perhaps he should not be so open with the police, that they would likely be looking at him as a suspect. Horowitz knew he was innocent and he cooperated fully with LE.

Now, I ask you - if your own dear husband or wife was found murdered in your home, you mean to tell me you would instantly hire a criminal defense attorney and would NOT meet with police, would make them get an order to obtain your fingerprints and blood sample?

Something is NOT right here, that's for sure. The police will get his cell phone records, the bank records, etc. If he was in debt, they'll find it. If he turned his cell phone off for a period of time, they'll know it.

All of my adult life I have been adamant I would talk with the police but in the past couple of years I must admit I really dont know what I would do. To be faced with being a suspect in someone's murder, especially someone I love dearly, would terrify me to death. It has become a sign of the times when the airwaves just light up and even though innocent you are made to look very guilty anyway.

Do I think John Mason was a bad man when he obtained a lawyer when the police were breathing right down his neck trying to imply that he was guilty of harming Jennifer "dingbat" Wilbanks? No, I do not. Do I fault Sara Walker's ex for obtaining a lawyer when he was in the cross-hairs of LE even though innocent? No, I do not.

Imo, it is an individual choice afforded to all that do not want to be accused without evidence.

I do not know if Jason lawyered up because he is guilty or if he knows the police has him in the bullseye whether he is innocent or guilty.

Dan Horowitz is an amazing individual and yes he did everything right and what did he get in return for his openness........ on various message boards? He was demeaned and criticized daily and was accused of murdering his lovely wife. I think anyway a spouse goes they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:

IMO

Ocean

I have a feeling it's something more like a hammer. I'm not saying that's what it was, but Dr. Baden said on I believe Greta, the other night, that it had to be something that would cause punctures to the skin, because of the reports of so much blood.

Dr. Baden also said that although LE hasn't said if there was a sexual assault or not, he believes more there was no sexual assault as USUALLY when there's a sexual assault and then murder, the victim is strangled rather than beaten. Of course there's exceptions, but Dr. Baden has seen many of these cases. I'll go by his opinion until we hear differently.

JMHO
fran

strach304 said:
What's a mag-lite? Why do you think that was used as opposed to a hundred other things? :waitasec:

It is a very heavy metal flashlight that holds 5 D batteries. It is about 14 inches long with distinct ridges in it. I was thinking whomever came in may have had the flashlight and kept the lights off.

Flashlights have been used as bludgeoning objects before in other cases.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
:) I am not quite sure what you are asking me Charlie. I am trying to remain neutral because we have no supporting facts in this case against Jason to show he did this. YET! LOL Some things just dont make logical police sense to me. Such as, if they have had the vehicle for two weeks they have had ample time to find evidence in it. In SPs case they had completed the forensic testing of his first truck in about four days according to trial testimony. So in this case if there was any evidence linking him to Michelle's murder in this vehicle there would already be an arrest warrant issued. Imo if they found one drop of blood or a bloody print in that vehicle Jason Young would be down at the jailhouse right now being held without bond.

I am not stewing about anything at all Charlie but I guess I am trying to be more cautious and not stereotype ever male into being another Scott Peterson until I know for sure they are.

Now you know me very well, if and when that information comes forth, I will give Jason Young no slack.

IMO

Ocean
Ocean,

I do know you well with respect to these kinds of cases - I was thinking you had some suspicions about who did this - you are one smart cookie and often see something others don't. Honestly, I hope JY is not involved, if he is, we all will be suspecting every spouse everytime. I freely admit I can't stop some of the thoughts about Peterson from sinking in - but I have not, nor will I say JY is guilty at this point in time. I do know you will cut whoever killed MY no slack, no matter who it is! I'm in truth waiting too, but I am jaded, I admit it, but I'm still looking.

As for the vehicle - you know that might have been returned - we don't know. I think it is reasonable to assume that there will be DNA in that suv that belongs to MY, there may even be blood but given she would have had opportunity to be in that vehicle - it would be hard to find a reason to arrest JY unless the thing was covered which is highly unlikely even if JY is involved. I don't think the vehicle will be instramental in terms of dna to the outcome of this case-JMO.

fran said:
I have a feeling it's something more like a hammer. I'm not saying that's what it was, but Dr. Baden said on I believe Greta, the other night, that it had to be something that would cause punctures to the skin, because of the reports of so much blood.

Dr. Baden also said that although LE hasn't said if there was a sexual assault or not, he believes more there was no sexual assault as USUALLY when there's a sexual assault and then murder, the victim is strangled rather than beaten. Of course there's exceptions, but Dr. Baden has seen many of these cases. I'll go by his opinion until we hear differently.

JMHO
fran

OMG fran, a mag-lite flashlight would beat someone to a bloody pulp. This is the type of flashlight police carry and people have been known to die when beaten in the head by a police officer. It is like being hit in the head with a metal pipe.

Believe me, I have one of these flashlight and the force would open up the head wounds in a heartbeat. The head bleeds profusely anyway when the skin is broken.

I am not saying it is a flashlight but it is a very formidable weapon if used as such. It could be a hammer. Didn't Tom Braggs wife out of NC use a hammer to murder her husband?

IMO

Ocean

otto said:
Wasn't her father missing from the funeral? Maybe, in my speed reading backwards through the thread, I confused it. It wasn't Jason's wedding ring for sure.
I'm answering before totally catching up so hopefully this doesn't duplicate things.

This is from Meredith's Myspace questionnaire:
Do you get along with your Parents:my mom, definitely; my dad is whole other story

raisincharlie said:
Ocean,

I do know you well with respect to these kinds of cases - I was thinking you had some suspicions about who did this - you are one smart cookie and often see something others don't. Honestly, I hope JY is not involved, if he is, we all will be suspecting every spouse everytime. I freely admit I can't stop some of the thoughts about Peterson from sinking in - but I have not, nor will I say JY is guilty at this point in time. I do know you will cut whoever killed MY no slack, no matter who it is! I'm in truth waiting too, but I am jaded, I admit it, but I'm still looking.

As for the vehicle - you know that might have been returned - we don't know. I think it is reasonable to assume that there will be DNA in that suv that belongs to MY, there may even be blood but given she would have had opportunity to be in that vehicle - it would be hard to find a reason to arrest JY unless the thing was covered which is highly unlikely even if JY is involved. I don't think the vehicle will be instrumental in terms of dna to the outcome of this case-JMO.

Thanks for the very nice compliment Charlie. I will admit that sometimes I want to jump on the "Jason is guilty" wagon. I do find somethings suspicious but then I try to step back and realize as in other cases anything can be made to look suspicious even when it turns out not to be.

So maybe I am battling with myself. :D A part of me says "yes he probably did this" and then a part of me says "hey, you dont know that" :p

I do hope that whomever did this left their dna or something tying themselves to the murder. I want the guilty party to pay dearly. I think this case will be a death penalty case.

IF IF lol Jason did this and left the home only to return and murdered her and the baby this way then the thought that he could premeditate her death this way shows imo we are looking at another sociopath, imo. I so hope for Cassidy's sake this is not true.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
Thanks for the very nice compliment Charlie. I will admit that sometimes I want to jump on the "Jason is guilty" wagon. I do find somethings suspicious but then I try to step back and realize as in other cases anything can be made to look suspicious even when it turns out not to be.

So maybe I am battling with myself. :D A part of me says "yes he probably did this" and then a part of me says "hey, you dont know that" :p

I do hope that whomever did this left their dna or something tying themselves to the murder. I want the guilty party to pay dearly. I think this case will be a death penalty case.

IF IF lol Jason did this and left the home only to return and murder her and the baby this way then the thought that he could premeditate her death this way shows imo we are looking at another sociopath, imo. I so hope for Cassidy's sake this is not true.

IMO

Ocean
I think that little baby Cassidy is the reason I don't want JY to be involved. Poor baby has already lost so much and the sad part, in a way, is she doesn't even realize it. God love her.

There are lots of things about this case, in terms of Jason, I can reason away, there is only one thing I cannot reason away but that is mainly because I have no truthful definite answers. I'm just going to have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap