Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Laci Peterson case may have a strong influence on many of us but maybe it's just that it taught us to look at the husband more carefully in the future. You can bet plenty in the past have gotten away with murder. Isn't there a doctor who was recently charged for killing his wife 30 years ago byinjecting her with polio I think?

I blame the initial media reports for pointing us in the direction of Jason because they very clearly reported on the stranger aspects like the fax and family trip, etc. My first impression was a hit as well that the husband was behind. Can't blame anyone for speculation or otherwise based on what little is actually known.

strach304 said:
Sorry I went off for awhile and left you in the dark, I'll explain my thoughts on the ladder. I have no idea if the ladder belonged to the Young's or the csi team or police but in the pick it's the step ladder type I believe is what they call it. It isn't the big silver type used for painting the outside of a house. In the pic it's set up in the middle doorway part of the garage so it's in use while the house was still being processed. I think they are checking the roof area to see if entry was gained that way and it also shows to me by the size of the ladder that it's a very easy area to be able to climb up onto.

One poster awhile back had brought up the political angle as a reason for why LE would quickly assure the community that they were safe. I'm not saying that's proof of anything since that wasn't the case with Richmond LE with the Harvey masacre. I think all police depts. react that way and it's allowable when they are no forced signs of entry and obvious ransacking of the house. Clearly the Harvey's were home and alive and able to hand over valuables. We don't know if Michele had cash in her purse or any of that so in my mind there's just no way police could know that either unless they're claiming psychic abilities.

The search in the trailer area where one person was asked if he had ever been in the house makes me wonder if he is the friend of the 15 year old neighbor as well. There's a good possibility LE has located fingerprints in the house that led them to someone in the area with a criminal record. I think robbery and sexual assault motives are still possible as well as Jason until we know otherwise.
Thanks Strach,

I understand what you are indicating now - makes sense to me.

I have heard mention about the 15 year old boy down the street but don't have any idea what there is to think about him. what was the reason he has been brought up - if you know ?

strach304 said:
That was already cleared up but so many pages back you probably didn't see it. The taxes are due Nov, 1st but not delinquent till Jan. a few posters have said and all of the escrow accounts don't pay till end of December.

Oh, oikay...gotcha.

This has probably been discussed before, in fact I know it has, but was there ever a resolution regarding the fax? I know he wanted his sister (in-law) to go to the home and pick up a fax. We don't know why or what the fax contained, right? Did he specifically say he didn't want Michelle to see the fax? It's odd to me that you would call someone over to pick up a fax when you know your spouse is already there in the house to do it for you. If he didn't say specifically that he didn't want Michelle to see the fax, why would he think she wouldn't be around to retrieve it herself?

Also, as a salesman, it surprises me that he didn't have email faxing capabilities. I have a fax number and not only do faxes automatically trasmit and print out on the actual machine, but I always receive a copy of it via email. I know it hasn't been established if he used a laptop or not, but I would guess he did, simply with the nature of his business. People who are required to take business trips out of town for meetings are most likely carrying laptops, too.

I too see how the possibilities of someone other than Jason could being the killer, just wonder why LE has tried to give the idea it is probably not some stranger who came in to her house.

Scandi

Scandi I watched the video of that last night after I saw your post about it but my impression of the sheriff was his reaction was more because of Greta. Like he was saying with a smile, "I know what you're trying to get and it's not gonna work" type of thing. One thing of very important value that I got from it is that the sheriff is pleased with the evidence collected. Now I think that indicates dna, fingerprints, etc things of that nature. So they may not have someone to match it too yet because I did notice his use of the plural person or people involved he said. If they feel Jason is responsible but can't place him there they are thinking he had it done.

scandi said:
I too see how the possibilities of someone other than Jason could being the killer, just wonder why LE has tried to give the idea it is probably not some stranger who came in to her house.

Scandi

Because people will freak out. Then police will have a lot of pressure to solve it and fast plus the sheriff was up for re-election when this happened.

Ohhhhhhh! Thanks Strach, as I didn't catch that use of the plural. It does make sense doesn't it if it were a hit job, and that also would explain why they could calm the fears of the neighborhood as to no Jack the Ripper. LOL

Wow, what a difference that makes to me in the whole case. Do you wonder why he is so suddenly unemployed? If his company thought he was of good character, wouldn't they stand behind him?

sCandi

raisincharlie said:
Thanks Strach,

I understand what you are indicating now - makes sense to me.

I have heard mention about the 15 year old boy down the street but don't have any idea what there is to think about him. what was the reason he has been brought up - if you know ?

All the info on him started at the beginning by someone from the area who said he was the communities first thought. He had emotional and behavior problems and pulled out his eyebrows and eyelashes. The previous owners of the house moved because of him stuff like that and then the mention of him and a friend of his from the trailer park having a fort in the woods they told LE about. Anyway someone must have gotten a lawyer to put a stop to it because they were posting on ctv and a bunch of threads got deleted and coldwater posted a warning not to even discuss him or you would be banned.

strach304 said:
All the info on him started at the beginning by someone from the area who said he was the communities first thought. He had emotional and behavior problems and pulled out his eyebrows and eyelashes. The previous owners of the house moved because of him stuff like that and then the mention of him and a friend of his from the trailer park having a fort in the woods they told LE about. Anyway someone must have gotten a lawyer to put a stop to it because they were posting on ctv and a bunch of threads got deleted and coldwater posted a warning not to even discuss him or you would be banned.
Thanks for the info - sounds like a subject we should drop as well.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
OKAYYYY, thanks: clearly that's why he has not been home, silly me! Indeed, that's the 64 thousand $ Q. WILL HE go back?

Gosh, I tried to catch up at CTV - didn't have the energy to read all those pages :eek: especially after catching up here first, SewingDeb ... on the last page or two, someone's posted Jason's got 'no job' - therefore doesn't need his vehicle that's been impounded ... as he's using Michelle's.

Wonder if these rumours are true or if things (imagination-things) are spinning out of control?

With LE investigating the trailer park; wonder if there's anything significant *behind* the Young's home?

Also, one poster referred to, and quoted, a previous post by another insider(not read) as 'something missing' at the funeral. That's got me thinking! What might have been missing?

My waters are running under the Jason Bridge, still. But ya never know, my river might reach a fork, despite it flowing pretty fast, lol.

Thanks Sewing..

PSA :)

You're welcome. I'm glad LE is checking in all directions. They don't want to have tunnel vision even though it may end up to be Jason. It would be terrible if they zeroed in on him and he's completely innocent and heartbroken.

About the job....wonder if he took a family leave or something.

Something missing at the funeral? Now you have me very curious. I can't imagine what that could be. It's hard to know what to believe since some pretend to be friends with families for the attention.

Julianne, that fax issue is still in question although it did morph into a computer printout but nobody knows at this point.
Scandi, I had read somewhere today (probably here) that he doesn't have a job which to me worded that way isn't the same as saying he isn't working. If it were the latter he'd obviously be taking time off. Can't see an employer firing him at this time unless they know something we don't. Another option is that he quit of course. He was said to have only been with chart one for 3 months.

Another thought about his job is since he was reported to travel several times a week on this job maybe he had to quit because he can't possibly do that with Cassidy. If so I guess he's planning to raise her himself and use daycare.

Talkin' about Josh going off the road reminded me of this road on a mountain in
Bolivia! :eek:

bolovia04.jpg

strach304 said:
The Laci Peterson case may have a strong influence on many of us but maybe it's just that it taught us to look at the husband more carefully in the future. You can bet plenty in the past have gotten away with murder. Isn't there a doctor who was recently charged for killing his wife 30 years ago byinjecting her with polio I think?

I blame the initial media reports for pointing us in the direction of Jason because they very clearly reported on the stranger aspects like the fax and family trip, etc. My first impression was a hit as well that the husband was behind. Can't blame anyone for speculation or otherwise based on what little is actually known.
I'm just catching up after being away a few days ~ and know that nothing much has happened in the case.:(

There have been so many other cases where the husband has been the perpetrator, including the current ones, Darren Mack and Neil Entwistle, pending trial; and another one that stands out in my memory of Frederick Tokars, in Georgia a few years ago, who had enlisted his "business partner" Eddie Lawrence to find someone to "take care of his wife", who subsequently shot her to death in front of their small children. So it has unfortunately become a natural assumption to think of the husband first.

raisincharlie said:
Ocean,

I suspect the neighbors on Birchleaf Dr were canvassed the day the body was found or no later than the day after. The folks living over in the area identified as the trailer park, I would not classify as neighbors, would have no visual contact at all with what goes on on Birchleaf Drive or of the houses even. There are no roads or visible pathways that connect the trailer park area to Birchleaf. If you look at the aerial, the location would be similar to two and a half football fields away roughly. In quick order, I don't see how one would expect them to have seen or even heard anything given the distance and the woods in between. In the course of two weeks, I would also think the people in the area would have reported anything, especially if they had concerns.

This is also why I think dogs would have been brought in - to see if the dogs detected any scents headed in that direction. If not, I don't see any reason to head that direction until there is something found to indicate it might be worth going in that direction or unless it is to finalize all loose ends. JMO of course. Honestly, it does not concern me nor does it seem odd to me given the lay of the land so to speak.

What seems more odd to me is all the "friends" on the boards posting all kinds of things also claim the police have not spoken to them. That appears very odd to me - either the "friends" are full of bull or they aren't really close enough to know the things they are saying, at least as first hand knowledge. Instead of being on the boards, they should be doing their civic duty by reporting their information to the police - they might know something important without realizing it.

I will agree the police can be wrong, they can read a scene wrong - it happens. Scenes can be interpreted as random or non - but I doubt seriously that any investigative team is going to feed this line to a scared neighborhood without some sincere feeling it is true. They are obligated to protect just as strongly as they are obligated to investigate. It happens, perhaps a 2 week police presence in the neighborhood was as much a precaution as an investigative tool - that also happens.

What if it turns out the police contacted the company at which Jason (told a friend or Meredith when he called about the fax) was suppose to have had his meeting at in an effort to get a hold of him - only to find out there he definitely was not and had not been there ? Would you think the crime was random or would you immediately confiscate his vehicle when he turned up? Not saying this happened at all, but surely it is possible. Something makes them believe it was not random - and it was something that made them think it very quickly, it also encouraged them to confiscate vehicles, luggage and other items. Sometimes things are gut feelings - sometimes they are not.

Charlie,

When the case was unfolding if I were a police officer I would require any person that I knew frequented that home or lived there to be fingerprinted. Even though I may have no solid suspect I would as a matter of SOP impounded all vehicles and contents that belonged to the ones that lived in that home. I am sure the police has done likewise.

Oh I have no doubt that they believe it was a known person to Michelle, usually they base that on the way the victim is killed. As I stated in the Walker case I believe they based it as not a random act due to the overkill method of the murder. I think that weighs heavily in the equation.

I am not even sure the dogs were used but it doesnt rule out someone from the trailer park. They easily could have traveled in a vehicle instead of on foot through the woods. I dont know how reliable any of these posters that say they know the Youngs are but one said that at this time of year the trees are losing their leaves and one can see through the woods and see the back of the home from the trailer park.

So if they cant see anything then why are they now widening out the area and asking these other people anything? Surely the police think if they are asking them these things that one can see the home from their place, I would think. I am still trying to understand why they would be asking these people if they had ever been inside the home especially if they are sure they know who the killer is?

IMO

Ocean

strach304 said:
Another thought about his job is since he was reported to travel several times a week on this job maybe he had to quit because he can't possibly do that with Cassidy. If so I guess he's planning to raise her himself and use daycare.

Who is saying he lost his job? I am sure at this time the company is very well aware of what is happening in his life now and that he has his little child to give special care to due to this tragedy. Many employers will give their employees ample time to be off in emergency situation.

Has it been verified that he doesn't have a job? Who is saying that? I must have missed it.

I am sure he is not back working yet, it has only been 2 weeks since Michelle and the baby died.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
Well they came back to clarify that a little more today. I am not sure anything was missing at the funeral but it was at the funeral that they learned something was missing as i.e. from the home.

IMO

Ocean

I've been contemplating what 'important' item could be missing, as I've heard it said it was not a robbery.

Well, the only thing I could think of missing from the home that would make me go 'hmmmmmmmmmm! :eek: ' would be the home computer and or a laptop.

Just a thought.

fran

fran said:
I've been contemplating what 'important' item could be missing, as I've heard it said it was not a robbery.

Well, the only thing I could think of missing from the home that would make me go 'hmmmmmmmmmm! :eek: ' would be the home computer and or a laptop.

Just a thought.

fran

I really dont know. Has the police actually come out and said if there was or wasn't anything taken from the home? There has been so much speculation on this case due to the "mums the word" attitude of the police. We actually have no verification at all except they think this was not a random act, other than that not much has been disclosed either way.

For all we know they may mean that whomever did this targeted this home for a particular reason. At the time they said it was not a random act but this was when they first arrived on the scene.......since then they have said nothing much at all. I think it is highly likely that something is missing from the home. Laptop, computer, jewelry or cash which I thought I heard they kept in their home, could be some of the things.

IMO

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:
I really dont know. Has the police actually come out and said if there was or wasn't anything taken from the home? There has been so much speculation on this case due to the "mums the word" attitude of the police. We actually have no verification at all except they think this was not a random act, other than that not much has been disclosed either way.

For all we know they may mean that whomever did this targeted this home for a particular reason. At the time they said it was not a random act but this was when they first arrived on the scene.......since then they have said nothing much at all. I think it is highly likely that something is missing from the home. Laptop, computer, jewelry or cash which I thought I heard they kept in their home, could be some of the things.

IMO

Ocean

If I recall correctly, the other evening when Greta asked the Sheriff if there was a fax machine at the home, he said he couldn't verify one way or the other as he hadn't been inside the home.

Sorry, just sounded a curious comment to me as the reason the sister went to the home in the first place was to catch an incoming fax.

This is why I say, since we keep hearing 'something' is missing, it could possibly be a computer (and printer).

Just food for thought.
fran

j2mirish said:
ok--- going out on a BIG limb here---but- I wonder if we haven't all been so quick to point a finger because of scott p.--

the only thing we REALLY know right now, for a fact...is....not much--

Jason did lawyer up, which in alot of peoples mind, means guilt---- but he has a right to do so-- so is that guilt?

Some folks are waiting to see if he will move back into the house or sell it----
I think he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't--- I truly can say--- I could not move back into a house that my husband was killed in---even if for some reason I was suspect- so if he doesn't "I" can understand that--If he does move back in--- some will say---- how could he-

Some have said they were in debt, so if there is an insurance policy, he did because of the debt---- damn--- hope my husband doesn't end up murdered, cause if they looked at our bills, everyone would decide i did it because of our debt-- !

I just keep thanking this is sooooooooooo much being compared to that stupid scott p--- that when we really stop and look and think about it--- we haven't been given near the info to say he is guilty---we haven't been given SQUAT !!
I think that might be good from le's point- they are not letting this turn into a media mess-- anddddddddddddddd i am not saying he is not guilty--- i just hate to say, that i am usually very quick to form an opinion, right or wrong--- but i am so on top of the fence right now-- because we have NO facts to go on from le- any one really on top of the fence with me here? :truce:

This is the way I feel at this time. Until there is something of substance showing that Jason is the cause of this horrible event I will not lump him into the likes of Scott Peterson et al. Just because these widowers lost their wives due to homicide does not automatically make them the guilty party.

It is a fact that murderers like Scott Peterson exist but it is also a fact that many husbands are not like SP at all.

They are about 450 female spouses yearly that murder their husbands but that does not mean if one loses their husband to murder tomorrow that they are automatically guilty of being the one who did it.

Should evidence come forth against Jason, I will at the time change my opinion and no longer remain neutral or ride the fence. I would have thought by now if he lead a seedy secret life the media would have picked up on it. I am sure they are looking for that sensational case again like Laci's case brought.

I dont think a position like this is going out on a limb. I think it means you are waiting for solid evidence and imo there is nothing wrong with that. I want the same.

IMO

Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members