Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
j2mirish said:
the accident doesn't strike me as an attempt on her life, since he was in the car too- it would take a very stupid/brave person to think they could pull of a car accident, and only injure/kill the passenger in the car- now, perhaps he was going to take both of their lives together? then when that didn't happen, the fear of death struck him, and he decided on another "plan" ?

Right, and neither one of them were hurt were they? How many other accidents have taken place in that area? In NC I see where several people have run of the road and down the embankment. That is why when we drive up there we are very careful to not sway to the edge of the roadway as many times there is no shoulder at all just a drop off. Yikes, it makes me tense just thinking about it lol

What I want to know is.... Why after two weeks are the police now venturing out into the neighborhood? Why did they ask one neighbor had they ever been inside the Young's home before? And was this neighbor the only one asked or is he the only one that mentioned it to the media?

Do they have some of the forensics back now? Sure is very possible they do..... it has been 15 days.

IMO

Ocean

I just had to throw this pic into the mix called 'Bolivian Turnpike'. I wonder if people ever run off of the road here? :eek: Pretty freaking scary, huh?

image006.jpg

Sorry that didn't work. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If anyone can put it through photobucket I know it will pop up. One incredible sight to see!

Scandi

PolkSaladAnnie said:
OKAYYYY, thanks: clearly that's why he has not been home, silly me! Indeed, that's the 64 thousand $ Q. WILL HE go back?

Gosh, I tried to catch up at CTV - didn't have the energy to read all those pages :eek: especially after catching up here first, SewingDeb ... on the last page or two, someone's posted Jason's got 'no job' - therefore doesn't need his vehicle that's been impounded ... as he's using Michelle's.

Wonder if these rumours are true or if things (imagination-things) are spinning out of control?

With LE investigating the trailer park; wonder if there's anything significant *behind* the Young's home?

Also, one poster referred to, and quoted, a previous post by another insider(not read) as 'something missing' at the funeral. That's got me thinking! What might have been missing?

My waters are running under the Jason Bridge, still. But ya never know, my river might reach a fork, despite it flowing pretty fast, lol.

Thanks Sewing..

PSA :)

Well they came back to clarify that a little more today. I am not sure anything was missing at the funeral but it was at the funeral that they learned something was missing as i.e. from the home.

IMO

Ocean

Hi Ocean, I've gone back and can't find what it was they learned was missing. What was it?

Scandi

Bee Charmer said:
I agree with you. I would like to know why Jason hasn't returned to the house, with the police and looked to see if anything was taken by the person who murdered his wife?

Now this is an excellent question! "..why Jason hasn't returned to the house, with the police and looked to see if anything was taken by the person who murdered his wife?"

The only time Jason talked to LE was when they were taking his car and it's contents. He gave a brief explanation of his whereabouts, and that was it.

How would LE know if it wasn't a robbery gone bad IF the other adult occupant of the home didn't go through the house to see if anything was missing?

I wonder if Jason didn't follow the Peterson case. Normally in a missing adult case, LE doesn't call in detectives for two or three days. IN Laci's case they called in detectives within two HOURS because they were 'suspicious' of the husband's statements. We all later heard that on the very FIRST INTERVIEW, LE knew the husband was their man, they just had to find out the motive, they already knew the means and opportunity.

I've tried to stay off the 'husband did it!' bandwagon, but things just keep pointing his way, :eek: IMHO.

JMHO
fran

j2mirish said:
the accident doesnt strike me as an attempt on her life, since he was in the car too- it would take a very stupid/brave person to think they could pull of a car accident, and only injure/kill the passenger in the car- now, perhaps he was going to take both of their lives together? then when that didnt happen, the fear of death struck him, and he decided on another "plan" ?

I was thinking he may have been trying to cause her to have a miscarriage.

A few months ago I became a police witness. A car driving excessive speed raced passed me and I saw him hit a car. He hit with the right front side of his car. He went on to ram several other cars. Turns out he had his girlfriend in the car who had just told him she wanted their relationship to end. He took her on a ride of terror because "he wanted to hurt her".

Boyz_Mum said:
Hey PSA- didn't want to take up a bunch more space, so I'm not quoting all your posts here but I want to say I am inclined to agree with much (if not all) of what you typed.

When is it in a crime exactly that LE can call someone a "suspect"? I don't understand the fine line between being a person of interest and a suspect?

FWIW, once a person is considered a suspect, there are lines drawn in the sand. When they generically say they have a POI (unidentified) there's more room to investigate. Just my opinion.

Once a person is arrested, the clock starts ticking. Think speedy trial, ala OJ. LE wants all their ducks in a row before they name and arrest their suspect. IMO, that's why OJ's lawyer opted for the speedy trial. LAPD had not completed their investigation. And we all know how that turned out.

JMHO
fran

oceanblueeyes said:
Right, and neither one of them were hurt were they? How many other accidents have taken place in that area? In NC I see where several people have run of the road and down the embankment. That is why when we drive up there we are very careful to not sway to the edge of the roadway as many times there is no shoulder at all just a drop off. Yikes, it makes me tense just thinking about it lol

What I want to know is.... Why after two weeks are the police now venturing out into the neighborhood? Why did they ask one neighbor had they ever been inside the Young's home before? And was this neighbor the only one asked or is he the only one that mentioned it to the media?

Do they have some of the forensics back now? Sure is very possible they do..... it has been 15 days.

IMO

Ocean
Ocean,

The police were very quick to indicate this was not random - that tells me a couple of things, they know more than they are letting on, and they have a reason to know which direction to take. As for the neighbors in the area of the trailer homes - I'm thinking more than likely there were dogs involved sometime early during the processing of the scene. While a lot of time dog evidence is not used in court - the police do rely on them for information and even direction. I'm of the mind that dogs were brought in and there was no indication from the dogs that anyone entered the house or the property for that matter from the west where the trailer park area is. This would prolong canvassing of that area until after the more positive directions have been followed. This does not seem unusual to me - follow the strongest evidence first, then come back and work routes of possibility but likely lower probability.

The reason for the question about being in the house, maybe, this neighbor's name came up as someone who may have been there at some time in the recent past. It could be something as simple as this person making several passes by to look at the home after the murder. The police may also have narrowed the fingerprints down and have a few that perhaps they cannot identify. After two weeks in that home - I strongly suspect the majority of prints and persons they belong to are clearly known, as well as their whereabouts, at this point.

jilly said:
I was thinking he may have been trying to cause her to have a miscarriage.

They say the most dangerous time for a pregnant woman in a abusive relationship is the first and third trimester. Often times we don't hear about the first term baby's death (caused by the bf or husband hitting, kicking, or whatever the stomach of the woman) thus causing a 'miscarriage.'

Maybe this wasn't necessarily an 'abusive' relationship, but perhaps Jason didn't want a second child, or the financial change this was going to mean for the family.

Thus, the first accident! Then, when she gets pregnant shortly thereafter, .........well.............maybe he decided more drastic measures were in order.

Just a thought for speculation.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
They say the most dangerous time for a pregnant woman in a abusive relationship is the first and third trimester. Often times we don't hear about the first term baby's death (caused by the bf or husband hitting, kicking, or whatever the stomach of the woman) thus causing a 'miscarriage.'

Maybe this wasn't necessarily an 'abusive' relationship, but perhaps Jason didn't want a second child, or the financial change this was going to mean for the family.

Thus, the first accident! Then, when she gets pregnant shortly thereafter, .........well.............maybe he decided more drastic measures were in order.

Just a thought for speculation.

JMHO
fran
See, this is what is crazy to me, it seems that some of the male population cannot get it through their thick boneheaded skulls that it kind of takes 2 to have a baby. Any man using this excuse or blaming a woman for getting pregnant IMO needs to be shot. This coming from a fellow...go ahead guys blast away but it will never alter my opinion about this issue.

Any man who can't be smart enough, or caring enough, to avoid having an unwanted child is an idiot beyond all help in my book. Women in general would be wise to steer very clear of any man who can't contribute to the concept of birth control. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it !

FWIW, I just found these facts on the website monster. Keep in mind Michelle had a Masters in Accounting and was a senior financial analyst. Jason, IIRC, was a salesman for a medical software firm. The most recent article said that Jason's new job was a step upwards for the couple financially.

The few ads I looked at on monster for a senior financial analyst ranged from $75K to a little over $100K.

The medical software salesman position I looked at had an income range of $150K to $250K. I'm assuming this means 'commission.'

So, Michelle was planning on cutting back on work to spend time with the children. That would eliminate a large percentage of their income.

IMO, to obtain even the lower income portion of Jason's job as a software salesman, you have to be very personable and gregarious. From what we've been told on Michelle and Jason's first meeting, he's more of the introverted type. Michelle may have brought out his lighter side, but was he like that when he wasn't with her?

IMO, he wasn't the successful salesman type. I don't mean to sound harsh, but knowing and being around salesman, you can see why some are successful and some aren't. I honestly don't think Jason had the 'salesman mentality or personality.'

We've also heard that Jason was a late bloomer. I can't recall the exact words, but this also was referring to the 'marriage' as well. Perhaps he was ok with it when there was just one child and they were doing great with Michelle working and all. But..........could he see the handwriting on the wall? He wasn't doing well in his new job? Was he going to lose his job, or knew he wasn't going to make the cut?

I seem to recall SP was in danger of losing his job, or it wasn't going well, just when Laci was going to start staying home to take care of baby Conner upon his arrival.

More food for thought. I can't help myself. All roads keep leading back to Jason, IMO.

JMHO
fran

Scout said:
I disagree. Stupid/brave or conniving/desperate -- it's a matter of opinion.

As I understand it, Michelle was reaching into the backseat of the car when Jason lost control of the car and ran off the road, traveling down a 100 foot embankment into a river. How convenient is that?!

I'd lay money on the probability that Michelle was reaching into the backseat for something at Jason's request. It gets her in a position where she cannot see the road or the driver. And it gets her unbuckled from her seatbelt.

Now whether Jason wanted to rid himself of Michelle or just the unborn child is uncertain. My guess is that he either would have been an acceptable outcome for him.

So I had to read this for myself and after reading from page 35 to 22 backwards, I found the post. You make a good point. The road was known to be dangerous in that spot as many accidents have happened there. It's also possible that many of them aren't fatal - gotta wonder. If Jason asked Michelle to get something out of the backseat, she would have been in a position that the seatbelt would not have worked properly. Then they go over the embankment and into the water. If anyone was going to be hurt, it was Michelle and her unborn baby. It all seems so suspicious now. There was not only the possibility that Michelle would be injured in the accident, but that she might drown in the river.

scandi said:
Hi Ocean, I've gone back and can't find what it was they learned was missing. What was it?

Scandi

Wasn't her father missing from the funeral? Maybe, in my speed reading backwards through the thread, I confused it. It wasn't Jason's wedding ring for sure.

raisincharlie said:
I'll side with you on this j2mirish ! Seems :crazy: to me.
dont get me wrong- I am not sticking up for him-- I just think this accident is not what we all might think it is- that all

j2mirish said:
dont get me wrong- I am not sticking up for him-- I just think this accident is not what we all might think it is- that all
I'm understanding you - I think the accident was just that - an accident.

fran said:
FWIW, I just found these facts on the website monster. Keep in mind Michelle had a Masters in Accounting and was a senior financial analyst. Jason, IIRC, was a salesman for a medical software firm. The most recent article said that Jason's new job was a step upwards for the couple financially.

The few ads I looked at on monster for a senior financial analyst ranged from $75K to a little over $100K.

The medical software salesman position I looked at had an income range of $150K to $250K. I'm assuming this means 'commission.'

So, Michelle was planning on cutting back on work to spend time with the children. That would eliminate a large percentage of their income.

IMO, to obtain even the lower income portion of Jason's job as a software salesman, you have to be very personable and gregarious. From what we've been told on Michelle and Jason's first meeting, he's more of the introverted type. Michelle may have brought out his lighter side, but was he like that when he wasn't with her?

IMO, he wasn't the successful salesman type. I don't mean to sound harsh, but knowing and being around salesman, you can see why some are successful and some aren't. I honestly don't think Jason had the 'salesman mentality or personality.'

We've also heard that Jason was a late bloomer. I can't recall the exact words, but this also was referring to the 'marriage' as well. Perhaps he was ok with it when there was just one child and they were doing great with Michelle working and all. But..........could he see the handwriting on the wall? He wasn't doing well in his new job? Was he going to lose his job, or knew he wasn't going to make the cut?

I seem to recall SP was in danger of losing his job, or it wasn't going well, just when Laci was going to start staying home to take care of baby Conner upon his arrival.

More food for thought. I can't help myself. All roads keep leading back to Jason, IMO.

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran, I knew this case would draw you in, same with me, like we need another one to follow LOL. Thanks for the info on their jobs. You are so right about Jason not having the personality. We recently bought a new vehicle and the sales guy we had was very meek and mild. We had to do most of the paperwork and we had to add on extras ourself, he never tried to sell us anything. We called a week later to bring it back for the alarm to be put on and he was gone.No wonder. You have to be very outgoing to be in sales.

otto said:
Wasn't her father missing from the funeral? Maybe, in my speed reading backwards through the thread, I confused it. It wasn't Jason's wedding ring for sure.

Hey there Otto :blowkiss:
I glance now and then at the ctv boards where a lot of that info is coming from so I can tell you the most recent info on that and it seems the concerned citizen poster made a mistake by saying Michele's father was not there. Serpico2 corrected that because he was there with him and it seems CC just didn't know what he looked like. Like you I'm still trying to find out what the "missing" that was posted alludes to. Very wrong imo that they spat that out and never came back to clarify. If indeed something was missing that's very important information. In the beginning of the Harvey case it was thought that nothing was missing and of course no forced entry. If you look at this one even if it was supposed to be a staged robbery type scene then something likely was taken but how is LE gonna know that if Jason doesn't tell them. I wonder if it was meant to be cryptic like there's no fax machine or something odd like that.

They very well could have had financial problems. On the assessors website that someone posted a few pages back, all of the property information is there to view. Their property taxes were due on 9/01/06 and they have not been paid yet. The bill is in excess of $2000.00

Could be indicative of financial difficulty, or it could be that their taxes are paid through their mortgage company via an escrow account and that the mortgage company is being slow on paying up. However, I don't see a mortgage company being 2 1/2 months delinquent in paying.

packerdog said:
Hi Fran, I knew this case would draw you in, same with me, like we need another one to follow LOL. Thanks for the info on their jobs. You are so right about Jason not having the personality. We recently bought a new vehicle and the sales guy we had was very meek and mild. We had to do most of the paperwork and we had to add on extras ourself, he never tried to sell us anything. We called a week later to bring it back for the alarm to be put on and he was gone.No wonder. You have to be very outgoing to be in sales.

Hi! packerdog! :)

Yes, this case is just up our alley, right?! :angel:

I honestly hate going on the Jason train on this. After all, he did loose his wife. IF he's innocent, all of our 'he's the one!' comments could be deeply hurtful to him as well as his family.

I'm honestly trying to see another angle here, but right now, there's just a few things that have my 'gut reaction' going towards Jason. After a few days of watching one case I finally said I thought the bf did it (willbanks), but at the same time I said I could be wrong and would be the first to apologize. And I did on this forum, the minute I learned she was located.

It took me a month or so to figure out SP did it. I didn't even think he did it after I heard about the fishing, the 'new' life insurance, or even the gf. It took SP himself to convince me. Of course, I also didn't know the full details of the first night and his interactions with LE. Had I known those details, I probably would have zeroed in on him much sooner.

There are things I see here that draw me to the husband. The out of town trip etc., that truly could be explained......the late night phone call, the two additional phone attempts and why he felt she didn't answer, the visit to his parents, even his reaction when he learned of her death is all what could be considered normal behavior. Even him getting an attorney is what is considered normal in this day and age.

For me, it's his actions since the murder of his wife and unborn son that have made me suspicious of him. IF he really wanted to help catch who did this, why hasn't he voluntarily, along with his 'high profile' attorney, gone into police headquarters, and told them everything he knows. He may know something that he isn't even aware of, that could lead investigators to his wife's murderer. He'd have his attorney there to protect him from making any self-incriminating statements. Honestly, IF he's innocent, why isn't he yelling from the highest roof-top?

When the husband doesn't voluntarily step forward, it leaves many sleuthers to zero in on him as perp. Why? Because it makes it look like he's hiding something. As we've seen, once we sleuthers start digging, there is ALOT that points towards the husband. All circumstantial, of course, but point it does, directly at Jason.

Why hasn't LE had Jason go through the house with them to see if anything is missing? He's the only one who would know, after all. LE sure spent an awful long time in that house, IMO. AND, they don't even know (first hand from the husband), if it was a burglary gone bad.

Having his friends running around the internet professing his innocence isn't going to cut it. Especially after they've already thrown out that the 'victim' could have been cheating on him and it may not have even been his baby. It looks like a plain old smear campaign against the victim and that the poster has an agenda of putting out what a swell guy the husband is. They were a wonderful and loving couple. Deeply in love. He was thrilled about the new baby,..........yadda, yadda, yadda,..........

I think we've heard these words before. :(

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics