Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PolkSaladAnnie said:
Gosh, I can't answer that - maybe this 'rush to judgement' thing has stopped LE, DAs, media, family, etc from naming a suspect - as undue attention focuses on that person and they may be wrong?

Perhaps mistrials have been called when evidence comes in exonerating the suspect?

Maybe it's not law - maybe it's being (careful) Politically Correct?

Good call, though! Heck, I spent 6 hours reading every post on every blog! Some posts deleted, some posters zoomed in and out with couple 'telling' statements ... one said "HE LAWYERED UP IMMEDIATELY BUT NOT EVEN HIS HOT SHOT LAWYER IS GOING TO GET HIM OUT OF THIS ONE"

That poster appeared twice & I agreed with subsequent posters ... "THIS ONE" ... ie: he got off the LAST one? The last "what"? Fraud? Lie? Indiscretion? And yes!!! I admit I took that post at face value just as those on the fence are taking a concerned resident's post face-value.

This is just me, goose ... calling the gander good, lol!
I guess I am not politically correct then because I think anyone this suspicious is suspect? I do tend to think that LE has a really hard job in any case. Geeze, they can't say anything without being chastised, so this sherriff who has been able to keep his mouth totally shut may be the best person for the case!

With the post you were speaking of here, I would have thought along the same lines as you on the "lawyer won't get him out of this ONE"... I would be wondering if the ONE was significant to something else or just my overzealous mind at work.

Boyz_Mum said:
I guess I am not politically correct then because I think anyone this suspicious is suspect? I do tend to think that LE has a really hard job in any case. Geeze, they can't say anything without being chastised, so this sherriff who has been able to keep his mouth totally shut may be the best person for the case!

With the post you were speaking of here, I would have thought along the same lines as you on the "lawyer won't get him out of this ONE"... I would be wondering if the ONE was significant to something else or just my overzealous mind at work.
I cannot remember the mans name - but do you remember the 1996 olympic bombings in Atlanta ? I think the use of the word suspect became a no no following this incident as this guy's life was absolutely ruined because the authorities named him a suspect and it turned out he had zero to do with it.

raisincharlie said:
I cannot remember the mans name - but do you remember the 1996 olympic bombings in Atlanta ? I think the use of the word suspect became a no no following this incident as this guy's life was absolutely ruined because the authorities named him a suspect and it turned out he had zero to do with it.
(Is this the bombing that Eric Rudolph (?) ended up being charged with?) I don't remember the original suspects name (and not sure if I am right about the actual bomber's name...)

When I think of a suspect or suspects, I don't immediately identify being suspect as being guilty- but I guess that could happen and change a person's life?

gubblegum said:
"Within nano-seconds, this poster was there and described the accident in (too) close detail (imo), even talking about as they approached the bend, Michelle leaning over getting something in the back seat, the "split-second" that Jason took his eyes of the wheel, in that the curve in the road ... and a that exact curve Jason lost control ... Basically there was intimate and intricate detail that I would not have expected a 3rd party to be so articulate over: especially as 'that poster' could not possibly have known what the next poster was going to ask/post? I thought the detail was almost a mirror image as in "huh??? you sound as though YOU WERE IN THE CAR WITH THEM!" ... or over polished on specific stories."

Sounds to me that the husband rehearsed the 'accident' over and over again, in his head and probably while on the road itself, knowing the exact point at which to ask Michelle to reach into the back seat for something. He had so thoroughly rehearsed the story he was going to tell LE after her 'death', that it must have been powerfully convincing to his friends considering the fact that she lived to tell about it. He must have shared every little detail of the 'accident' with them, details that were already set in stone weeks before that fateful trip.

Very good thoughts here. I wonder if she took her seatbelt off for a moment to get something in the back seat and Jason thought that was a good time to go off the road. Or they could have been in the middle of an arguement. Maybe I watch to much lifetime.

concernedperson said:
Richard Jewel was the suspect until Eric Rudolph was further investigated.
Richard Jewel - yes that's him. I have to say I felt very sorry for that guy, he lost his job, was unable to get other jobs, ostricized by everyone, it was pitiful what the guy went through for an extended period of time. I do believe this is at least in part what sparked the person of interest approach, which actually I have no problem with. Thanks Concernedperson !

raisincharlie said:

Lord, you've jogged my memory... (even tho I've intercepted your response to Boyz_Mum...) With all the global events and crime stories I've thought this statment was more recent! Just goes to show - it's ten years in the making...

j2mirish said:
the accident doesnt strike me as an attempt on her life, since he was in the car too- it would take a very stupid/brave person to think they could pull of a car accident, and only injure/kill the passenger in the car- now, perhaps he was going to take both of their lives together? then when that didnt happen, the fear of death struck him, and he decided on another "plan" ?

I disagree. Stupid/brave or conniving/desperate -- it's a matter of opinion.

As I understand it, Michelle was reaching into the backseat of the car when Jason lost control of the car and ran off the road, traveling down a 100 foot embankment into a river. How convenient is that?!

I'd lay money on the probability that Michelle was reaching into the backseat for something at Jason's request. It gets her in a position where she cannot see the road or the driver. And it gets her unbuckled from her seatbelt.

Now whether Jason wanted to rid himself of Michelle or just the unborn child is uncertain. My guess is that he either would have been an acceptable outcome for him.

raisincharlie said:
Richard Jewel - yes that's him. I have to say I felt very sorry for that guy, he lost his job, was unable to get other jobs, ostricized by everyone, it was pitiful what the guy went through for an extended period of time. I do believe this is at least in part what sparked the person of interest approach, which actually I have no problem with. Thanks Concernedperson !

Thanks raisincharlie and concernedperson- I get twirled up in the dumbest details sometimes but at least that clears up the suspect vs POI.

packerdog said:
...Maybe I watch to much lifetime.
To the contrary, it sounds like Jason is watching too much lifetime. ;) Call me suspicious, but I think that the accident was also planned. It just didn't have the end result that Jason had hoped for.

j2mirish said:
the accident doesnt strike me as an attempt on her life, since he was in the car too- it would take a very stupid/brave person to think they could pull of a car accident, and only injure/kill the passenger in the car- now, perhaps he was going to take both of their lives together? then when that didnt happen, the fear of death struck him, and he decided on another "plan" ?
I agree, I think that the "accident" had the desired effect, to severely jostle Michelle and therefore the baby. Maybe that's why she didn't accompany him on the business trip that included a trip to Brevard. I wouldn't ride with him either.

MOO

5bigfish5 said:
I agree, I think that the "accident" had the desired effect, to severely jostle Michelle and therefore the baby. Maybe that's why she didn't accompany him on the business trip that included a trip to Brevard. I wouldn't ride with him either.

MOO
I think it could be that the accident had a purpose. (After reading all these crime stories not a lot would surprise me!) And I too would be reluctant to ride with him as well. (Just my opinion)

5bigfish5 said:

MOO

Boyz_Mum said:
I think it could be that the accident had a purpose. (After reading all these crime stories not a lot would surprise me!) And I too would be reluctant to ride with him as well. (Just my opinion)

But she wasn't reluctant to continue sharing a home and have another baby with him apparently.

nanandjim said:
To the contrary, it sounds like Jason is watching too much lifetime. ;) Call me suspicious, but I think that the accident was also planned. It just didn't have the end result that Jason had hoped for.

Hi Nan. Maybe we will find out that Jason was into those detective shows. OH, I hope he doen't watch Martha Stew wort. Maybe LE will ask him what was the last thing he saw on tv before he walked out the door. LOL

packerdog said:
Hi Nan. Maybe we will find out that Jason was into those detective shows. OH, I hope he doen't watch Martha Stew wort. Maybe LE will ask him what was the last thing he saw on tv before he walked out the door. LOL

LOL!!! Martha was cooking up a storm-sized sturgeon!

er ... he may respond: I saw nothing, because before I left, I cleaned up so good and proper, you won't even know I was there...

More interesting comments this morning!

IF he has been watching Lifetime, then there might be other "smaller" attempts on her life that didn't work. I wonder how she's been feeling lately? Any other little accidents?

You can be sure that her side of the family is looking at things in the past, if they happened, in a new light.

I had forgotten about Richard Jewel. I always thought police withheld naming anyone as the suspect because that would let the real suspect continue thinking they might be getting away with something...and then slip up. But the other reasons posted here make sense too!

I think Raleigh police know anyway, and I'm satisfied with how they are working it.

Topsail, how fun for your daughter to be in that parade! I hope the weather is beautiful!

And....GOooooo BUCKS! hee hee:innocent:

Boyz_Mum said:
In regards to the fax/computer printout, I saw a commercial on tv for a company called gotomypc and by the sounds of it, you can access your home/office computer via a location like a library(not that Jason would swing by a library) but also from a hotel or anywhere. Anyway, I guess to me it seems that even if he was on the road and needed Meredith to pick up whatever it was, it seems senselss because he could have easily accessed his own pc or had whomever "hold" the reciept or even had it faxed to a local office supply store- no matter where he was geographically located- he didn't even have to have Meredith go to the house. (Does Jason carry a laptop? I have seen a lot of sales people and most of them seem equipped with laptops and cell phones etc...)

As a medical chart software salesman, it makes sense that he would have a laptop and cell phone. That's a very good point. How could he demo the software without a laptop. It really makes no sense that he had something forwarded to the house.

otto said:
I'm thinking the unidentified family member asked not to be named or the media was polite enough to give them their privacy and still report the news. Cassidy obviously needed things from the house and that would be enough to maintain anonymity in the family member that retrieved some them.

I doubt it would be possible to clean a murder out of a house ... the carpets can be bleached and the rooms freshened, but it almost seems like a good idea to never return to the home, for Cassidy's sake.

Hi Otto.

But no matter what this home has to be professionally cleaned. The carpet will have to be pulled up and probably replaced and the sub floor treated and dried. Biological material of any kind can contaminate the home and make it a health risk for anyone that lives there. I do know that LE usually has a list of these companies who do this and I am sure they have passed it on to the family members.

I remember when the murder of Matthew Winkler happened the lady that owned the hazardous material cleanup company talked about her job and how things must be done a certain painstaking way and how much sadness is there by even them knowing that someone was murdered in their home.

All of this is so sad. I see the home sitting there and it looks so peaceful and tranquil there.

Thankfully, I think Cassidy will not remember much of this and her youth is a plus for her in this case. It wouldnt surprise me though if the home is not lived in for awhile but imo it will not be sold now as the value just went down because of the murder itself. They bought this home in 2005, I doubt the sell would even equal the payoff right now.

IMO

Ocean

Scout said:
I disagree. Stupid/brave or conniving/desperate -- it's a matter of opinion.

As I understand it, Michelle was reaching into the backseat of the car when Jason lost control of the car and ran off the road, traveling down a 100 foot embankment into a river. How convenient is that?!

I'd lay money on the probability that Michelle was reaching into the backseat for something at Jason's request. It gets her in a position where she cannot see the road or the driver. And it gets her unbuckled from her seatbelt.

Now whether Jason wanted to rid himself of Michelle or just the unborn child is uncertain. My guess is that he either would have been an acceptable outcome for him.
but even conniving/desperate- I wonder who in their right mind, would think they would just kill or injure the passenger, when they are in the car- that is my point- I think someone who is going to "off" their spouse wouldnt try it with THEMSELF" int he car ! if they are thinking of killing someone, they would be toooooo selfish to place their own "being" in jeopardy

j2mirish said:
but even conniving/desperate- I wonder who in their right mind, would think they would just kill or injure the passenger, when they are in the car- that is my point- I think someone who is going to "off" their spouse wouldnt try it with THEMSELF" int he car ! if they are thinking of killing someone, they would be toooooo selfish to place their own "being" in jeopardy
I'll side with you on this j2mirish ! Seems :crazy: to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member