Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
julianne said:
They very well could have had financial problems. On the assessors website that someone posted a few pages back, all of the property information is there to view. Their property taxes were due on 9/01/06 and they have not been paid yet. The bill is in excess of $2000.00

Could be indicative of financial difficulty, or it could be that their taxes are paid through their mortgage company via an escrow account and that the mortgage company is being slow on paying up. However, I don't see a mortgage company being 2 1/2 months delinquent in paying.

julianne: I too saw this but then I saw where some people say they don't pay their's until just before they become delinquent and that's probably what the Youngs were doing. Doesn't sound right to me, but hey, to each his own.

JMHO
fran

I was just doing some googling and happened upon a blog. One poster asks:

Quote:

"Has anyone else wondered about the fact that she worked at Progress Energy and there was another woman kidnapped and murdered earlier this year that worked there? That is a big coincidence."

So I googled some more and found:

http://www.newsobserver.com/1330/story/507273.html

"RALEIGH - Cynthia Moreland, the Progress Energy employee kidnapped from a downtown Raleigh parking deck, may have been strangled to death, according to her recently released autopsy."

julianne said:
They very well could have had financial problems. On the assessors website that someone posted a few pages back, all of the property information is there to view. Their property taxes were due on 9/01/06 and they have not been paid yet. The bill is in excess of $2000.00

Could be indicative of financial difficulty, or it could be that their taxes are paid through their mortgage company via an escrow account and that the mortgage company is being slow on paying up. However, I don't see a mortgage company being 2 1/2 months delinquent in paying.

That was already cleared up but so many pages back you probably didn't see it. The taxes are due Nov, 1st but not delinquent till Jan. a few posters have said and all of the escrow accounts don't pay till end of December.

I know many here including myself are wondering about Jason not talking to LE most specifically about anything missing and that is a major troubling point for me but not just because it makes him look bad. I wanna know how LE was able to classify this as non-random so quickly without that knowledge and now after an appropriate amount of time for forensics to be back they are canvassing the trailer area. I've said it before, the only way they could be sure it wasn't random was to know who the perp actually is and I don't think they do.

For those who missed another post aways back from me I want to mention again about the slideshow pics that were up from Greta of the house while LE was still investigating the property. There is one with the garage door up and there's a ladder right in the middle.

jilly said:
I was just doing some googling and happened upon a blog. One poster asks:

Quote:

"Has anyone else wondered about the fact that she worked at Progress Energy and there was another woman kidnapped and murdered earlier this year that worked there? That is a big coincidence."

So I googled some more and found:

http://www.newsobserver.com/1330/story/507273.html

"RALEIGH - Cynthia Moreland, the Progress Energy employee kidnapped from a downtown Raleigh parking deck, may have been strangled to death, according to her recently released autopsy."

Some here have noticed this and it has been discounted as a connection. apparently the perpetrator of the murder has been aprehended and wasn't in he public sphere at the time of Michelle's murder.

strach304 said:
<snip>

For those who missed another post aways back from me I want to mention again about the slideshow pics that were up from Greta of the house while LE was still investigating the property. There is one with the garage door up and there's a ladder right in the middle.
So what is your thinking about the fact that there is a ladder in the middle of the garage ? My imagination is drawing a blank.

raisincharlie said:
So what is your thinking about the fact that there is a ladder in the middle of the garage ? My imagination is drawing a blank.
I am not sure what the significance of the ladder is? I have one sitting by the workshop. I would think if the ladder were used in the commission of the murder, it would have been left propped up against the house (throughout the course of the investigation). Or were you thinking something else? I think a lot of people have ladders in their garages. (This isn't a sarcastic post if I come across that way-sorry!)

scandi said:
Hi Ocean, I've gone back and can't find what it was they learned was missing. What was it?

Scandi

The poster never said specifically "what" is missing but only replied that "yes, something was missing" and implied that it was something in the home. When this case first unfolded I heard something about cash in the home..now I have no idea what is missing actually.

We really dont know anything about the home contents or even how Michelle was found inside of the home. Or if it was a robbery.....if it wasn't or made to look like something taken. :banghead: We dont know nuttin for sure! (sigh)

I sure wish we would hear something with substance though.

IMO

Ocean

I have wondered why LE said from the get go that this is not a random murder. I wonder if Jason (if he did it) left some food, snacks out and a sippy cup with fresh cold milk out for the baby. He knew it would be awhile before someone would be at the house. A stranger wouln'd do something like that. Jason had to know she would be thirsty and hungry.

Floh said:
Some here have noticed this and it has been discounted as a connection. apparently the perpetrator of the murder has been aprehended and wasn't in he public sphere at the time of Michelle's murder.

Thanks Fran! I must have missed the discussion here - and here I was thinking that I'd been so good about reading all 1500+ posts!:D

Boyz_Mum said:
I am not sure what the significance of the ladder is? I have one sitting by the workshop. I would think if the ladder were used in the commission of the murder, it would have been left propped up against the house (throughout the course of the investigation). Or were you thinking something else? I think a lot of people have ladders in their garages. (This isn't a sarcastic post if I come across that way-sorry!)
I too have ladders about and one in the garage as well so I'm not sure what Strach is on about. Hopefully, he/she will check back in and give us an idea.

packerdog said:
I have wondered why LE said from the get go that this is not a random murder. I wonder if Jason (if he did it) left some food, snacks out and a sippy cup with fresh cold milk out for the baby. He knew it would be awhile before someone would be at the house. A stranger wouln'd do something like that. Jason had to know she would be thirsty and hungry.
I really never thought about that! Hmmmm....

raisincharlie said:
Ocean,

The police were very quick to indicate this was not random - that tells me a couple of things, they know more than they are letting on, and they have a reason to know which direction to take. As for the neighbors in the area of the trailer homes - I'm thinking more than likely there were dogs involved sometime early during the processing of the scene. While a lot of time dog evidence is not used in court - the police do rely on them for information and even direction. I'm of the mind that dogs were brought in and there was no indication from the dogs that anyone entered the house or the property for that matter from the west where the trailer park area is. This would prolong canvassing of that area until after the more positive directions have been followed. This does not seem unusual to me - follow the strongest evidence first, then come back and work routes of possibility but likely lower probability.

The reason for the question about being in the house, maybe, this neighbor's name came up as someone who may have been there at some time in the recent past. It could be something as simple as this person making several passes by to look at the home after the murder. The police may also have narrowed the fingerprints down and have a few that perhaps they cannot identify. After two weeks in that home - I strongly suspect the majority of prints and persons they belong to are clearly known, as well as their whereabouts, at this point.

Could be Charlie but I just think it is rather odd that after two weeks they are asking neighbors "have you ever been in the Young's home before?"

And the police can be wrong sometimes. They told the neighborhood when Sara Walker was killed that it was not a random act and the community didn't have to worry about it but that is exactly what it was......a drifter that caught her there alone and stabbed her 27 times and bludgeoned her to death. I am not saying these police are wrong but they aren't prefect on calling it right everytime.

I think sometimes they think the manner of death leads them to think it is someone known to them. Bludgeoning seems to be one filled with personal rage but we have seen that too is not proof positive either as strangers are being brutally overkilled.

So I really don't know. Maybe they already do have a suspect in mind and its Jason. I truly just dont know either way. Sure wish I did.

Usually in most other cases I have seen though, LE starts canvassing the neighborhoods immediately when memories are fresh.... wanting to know if they saw or heard anything.

IMO

Ocean

I was thinking if Jason Killed her she would have known. How horrible would that be? I thought the same thing when Scott killed Laci. The person you loved and trusted beating you to death.

ok--- going out on a BIG limb here---but- I wonder if we havent all been so quick to point a finger becauses of scott p.--

the only thing we REALLY know right now, for a fact...is....not much--

Jason did lawyer up, which in alot of peoples mind, means guilt---- but he has a right to do so-- so is that guilt?

Some folks are waiting to see if he will move back into the house or sell it----
I think he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt--- I truly can say--- I could not move back into a house that my husband was killed in---even if for some reason I was suspect- so if he doesnt "I" can understand that--If he does move back in--- some will say---- how could he-

Some have said they were in debt, so if there is an insurance policy, he did because of the debt---- damn--- hope my husband doesnt end up murdered, cause if they looked at our bills, everyone would decide i did it because of our debt-- !

I just keep thnking this is sooooooooooo much being compared to that stupid scott p--- that when we really stop and look and think about it--- we havent been given near the info to say he is guilty---we havent been given SQUAT !!
I think that might be good from le's point- they are not letting this turn into a media mess-- anddddddddddddddd i am not saying he is not guilty--- i just hate to say, that i am usually very quick to form an opinion, right or wrong--- but i am so on top of the fence right now-- because we have NO facts to go on from le- any one really on top of the fence with me here? :truce:

Just adding 2 little thoughts, but your discussion is most interesting.

Jason no longer has a job - I read that here, and if true, they sure let him go fast!

WHOOPS! LOL

Second thought is that yes it is true he only spoke once to police briefly, but do we know if they tried to speak to him again? Maybe they didn't or he lawyered up- too soon.

Scandi

oceanblueeyes said:
Could be Charlie but I just think it is rather odd that after two weeks they are asking neighbors "have you ever been in the Young's home before?"

And the police can be wrong sometimes. They told the neighborhood when Sara Walker was killed that it was not a random act and the community didn't have to worry about it but that is exactly what it was......a drifter that caught her there alone and stabbed her 27 times and bludgeoned her to death. I am not saying these police are wrong but they aren't prefect on calling it right everytime.

I think sometimes they think the manner of death leads them to think it is someone known to them. Bludgeoning seems to be one filled with personal rage but we have seen that too is not proof positive either as strangers are being brutally overkilled.

So I really don't know. Maybe they already do have a suspect in mind and its Jason. I truly just dont know either way. Sure wish I did.

Usually in most other cases I have seen though, LE starts canvassing the neighborhoods immediately when memories are fresh.... wanting to know if they saw or heard anything.

IMO

Ocean
Ocean,

I suspect the neighbors on Birchleaf Dr were canvassed the day the body was found or no later than the day after. The folks living over in the area identified as the trailer park, I would not classify as neighbors, would have no visual contact at all with what goes on on Birchleaf Drive or of the houses even. There are no roads or visible pathways that connect the trailer park area to Birchleaf. If you look at the aerial, the location would be similar to two and a half football fields away roughly. In quick order, I don't see how one would expect them to have seen or even heard anything given the distance and the woods in between. In the course of two weeks, I would also think the people in the area would have reported anything, especially if they had concerns.

This is also why I think dogs would have been brought in - to see if the dogs detected any scents headed in that direction. If not, I don't see any reason to head that direction until there is something found to indicate it might be worth going in that direction or unless it is to finalize all loose ends. JMO of course. Honestly, it does not concern me nor does it seem odd to me given the lay of the land so to speak.

What seems more odd to me is all the "friends" on the boards posting all kinds of things also claim the police have not spoken to them. That appears very odd to me - either the "friends" are full of bull or they aren't really close enough to know the things they are saying, at least as first hand knowledge. Instead of being on the boards, they should be doing their civic duty by reporting their information to the police - they might know something important without realizing it.

I will agree the police can be wrong, they can read a scene wrong - it happens. Scenes can be interpreted as random or non - but I doubt seriously that any investigative team is going to feed this line to a scared neighborhood without some sincere feeling it is true. They are obligated to protect just as strongly as they are obligated to investigate. It happens, perhaps a 2 week police presence in the neighborhood was as much a precaution as an investigative tool - that also happens.

What if it turns out the police contacted the company at which Jason (told a friend or Meredith when he called about the fax) was suppose to have had his meeting at in an effort to get a hold of him - only to find out there he definitely was not and had not been there ? Would you think the crime was random or would you immediately confiscate his vehicle when he turned up? Not saying this happened at all, but surely it is possible. Something makes them believe it was not random - and it was something that made them think it very quickly, it also encouraged them to confiscate vehicles, luggage and other items. Sometimes things are gut feelings - sometimes they are not.

j2mirish said:
ok--- going out on a BIG limb here---but- I wonder if we havent all been so quick to point a finger becauses of scott p.--

the only thing we REALLY know right now, for a fact...is....not much--

Jason did lawyer up, which in alot of peoples mind, means guilt---- but he has a right to do so-- so is that guilt?

Some folks are waiting to see if he will move back into the house or sell it----
I think he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesnt--- I truly can say--- I could not move back into a house that my husband was killed in---even if for some reason I was suspect- so if he doesnt "I" can understand that--If he does move back in--- some will say---- how could he-

Some have said they were in debt, so if there is an insurance policy, he did because of the debt---- damn--- hope my husband doesnt end up murdered, cause if they looked at our bills, everyone would decide i did it because of our debt-- !

I just keep thnking this is sooooooooooo much being compared to that stupid scott p--- that when we really stop and look and think about it--- we havent been given near the info to say he is guilty---we havent been given SQUAT !!
I think that might be good from le's point- they are not letting this turn into a media mess-- anddddddddddddddd i am not saying he is not guilty--- i just hate to say, that i am usually very quick to form an opinion, right or wrong--- but i am so on top of the fence right now-- because we have NO facts to go on from le- any one really on top of the fence with me here? :truce:
Truthfully - I have not assumed Jason is guilty and several posts ago I admitted my thoughts were most likely jaded by the Peterson case. I still think my thinking is influenced by it. I could be seeing boogie men where there are none, it is very possible because I keep getting these feelings of deja vu...yeah, my thoughts are tainted no doubt. And we surely do not have any facts other than Michelle Young was murdered.

raisincharlie said:
Truthfully - I have not assumed Jason is guilty and several posts ago I admitted my thoughts were most likely jaded by the Peterson case. I still think my thinking is influenced by it. I could be seeing boogie men where there are none, it is very possible because I keep getting these feelings of deja vu...yeah, my thoughts are tainted no doubt. And we surely do not have any facts other than Michelle Young was murdered.
:blowkiss: thanks r/c---there are so many similarities, it does make ya kinda sick--- but we have no fact or even statements to debate yet! I SOOOOOOOO hope it wasnt Jason-I am so tired of it being the husband-:mad: but we just have no facts to go on at this point--- surley le will let us have something soon to really debate !! I was so happy when it wasnt Dan who killed Pam-- I just hope it is the same outcome here, because I am still haunted by the picture in my mind of scott coming up behind Laci and killing her in her bedroom , and she knew it was her husband killing her and their soon to be born little boy :(

raisincharlie said:
I too have ladders about and one in the garage as well so I'm not sure what Strach is on about. Hopefully, he/she will check back in and give us an idea.

Sorry I went off for awhile and left you in the dark, I'll explain my thoughts on the ladder. I have no idea if the ladder belonged to the Young's or the csi team or police but in the pick it's the step ladder type I believe is what they call it. It isn't the big silver type used for painting the outside of a house. In the pic it's set up in the middle doorway part of the garage so it's in use while the house was still being processed. I think they are checking the roof area to see if entry was gained that way and it also shows to me by the size of the ladder that it's a very easy area to be able to climb up onto.

One poster awhile back had brought up the political angle as a reason for why LE would quickly assure the community that they were safe. I'm not saying that's proof of anything since that wasn't the case with Richmond LE with the Harvey masacre. I think all police depts. react that way and it's allowable when they are no forced signs of entry and obvious ransacking of the house. Clearly the Harvey's were home and alive and able to hand over valuables. We don't know if Michele had cash in her purse or any of that so in my mind there's just no way police could know that either unless they're claiming psychic abilities.

The search in the trailer area where one person was asked if he had ever been in the house makes me wonder if he is the friend of the 15 year old neighbor as well. There's a good possibility LE has located fingerprints in the house that led them to someone in the area with a criminal record. I think robbery and sexual assault motives are still possible as well as Jason until we know otherwise.

Hi Strach! :blowkiss:

I would believe that if I hadn't listened to the Sheriff talk about the case on Greta. Of course he didn't come out and say this, but through his sentences I gathered they still have a while to go before they rule Jason out.

He made a point saying they had talked to the husband once and only briefly. He made a point to say that the car they confiscated was being thoroughly investigated as was everything inside of it.

Usually you can get a feeling for the direction the police are moving. Let's just say he didn't mention any other possibilities, in fact made it clear they don't think this was done by a stranger. He even quoted the lawyer living down the street who saw what was going on in their processing of the crime scene, who said something like "We don't have any Jack The Ripper running around the neighborhood".

Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member