Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
close_enough said:
i would think so also, except from what i can tell, the houses sit fairly off the road, am i right????
I would say they are a ways back but this doesn't make them invisible. Look again at some of Greta's tapes - they are near the edge of the road but the house and lights in the background are quite visible even with the studio lights at work. In the middle of the night driving on an un-lit street - a light on in any house would stick out like a sore thumb I think.

I would like to add my thanks to
the Super Sleuthies, Close Enough, RaisinCharlie,
Polksalad, Scandi and Sal. You have all done a
great job.

I was wondering if JY and family have allowed
Meredith to see little Cassidy. I would think
this little one would need to see people who
love her. Especially Meredith, who acted in
the capacity as her Nanny, didn't she?

If JY has not, then I think this is another
very suspicious act on his part.

Thank you fran, for a new thread!

it's all getting so unweildly.

please mods, can we have specific foum for Michelle?

raisincharlie said:
I would say they are a ways back but this doesn't make them invisible. Look again at some of Greta's tapes - they are near the edge of the road but the house and lights in the background are quite visible even with the studio lights at work. In the middle of the night driving on an un-lit street - a light on in any house would stick out like a sore thumb I think.

heck i can't even find the link to that interview that night...the one she had there in Raleigh, live....doesn't matter....

i just remember something about Hammer looking back at the house, & mentioning how it sets back off the road, but we could still see the porch lights from a distance.....doesn't matter, lol...i'm just 'picking' i guess....

Bee Charmer said:
I would like to add my thanks to
the Super Sleuthies, Close Enough, RaisinCharlie,
Polksalad, Scandi and Sal. You have all done a
great job.

I was wondering if JY and family have allowed
Meredith to see little Cassidy. I would think
this little one would need to see people who
love her. Especially Meredith, who acted in
the capacity as her Nanny, didn't she?

If JY has not, then I think this is another
very suspicious act on his part.

lol ...well, thanks Bee...let's not forget Otto, ...oh gosh there's so many, now that i think of it:)
great group of folks i must :clap:

haven't heard a peep about Michelle's family being able to see Cassidy...i know they Young's are in Brevard, & Meredith lives in Raleigh, so it's hard to say.....MY guess is no, they havnen't, but i could be wrong....

Even if JY went back to the house and deleted the caller ID, the phone company may be able to provide a record of calls coming into the house....I called Verizion about a call that came to my house, and I also returned the call--then my children erased the number on caller ID. Verizion told me to give them some time and they could get me the number. (The computers keep track of all that we do.)

Also I work part-time at a Best Western Hotel, and when someone comes in for a room, I always ask for a drivers license. But, when we print out their computerized check in sheet aka folio, the time is printed on it. If the customer comes back later asking for a copy of it and I reprint it, the time that shows on the copy is the time that they had originally checked in.

I am having a very difficult time understanding why anyone would drive 30 minutes from home and check into a motel/hotel. If you were that tired, you should never have left home. I would also be interested in knowing if the hotel had security cameras, and if the rooms had interior or exterior doors. If the hotel had exterior doors the staff cannot keep track of the customers movement.

Can someone please tell me where the idea that JY rented a hotel just a half hour from the house came from? It seems to be a big focus of discussion today but I cannot tack its origin. Did it come from someone involved in the case or is it a poster's speculation? I'm sure if I were to read all 1000 posts in the Part III thread I would be able to find it, but that will take hours!

Thanks!

Cypros said:
Can someone please tell me where the idea that JY rented a hotel just a half hour from the house came from? It seems to be a big focus of discussion today but I cannot tack its origin. Did it come from someone involved in the case or is it a poster's speculation? I'm sure if I were to read all 1000 posts in the Part III thread I would be able to find it, but that will take hours!

Thanks!
Cypros,

This is speculation most likely mixed with rumor. I am not certain of the origin of this but here it is. It was not something reported in any news source and I do believe it has its origins on another website. Sorry can't help you any better than that.

raisincharlie said:
Cypros,

This is speculation most likely mixed with rumor. I am not certain of the origin of this but here it is. It was not something reported in any news source and I do believe it has its origins on another website. Sorry can't help you any better than that.

Thanks raisincharlie. I won't take it very seriously then until I hear it is official.

scandi said:
Here's a link to Misfits Fran: http://www.mermaidsinging.com/2006/11/the_secret.htm#comments

If she ends that section of the blog she leaves a link, and on the page that takes you to you click on comments.

Scandi

At the other forums they are assuming it was Raleigh LE that had the enhanced snipet removed from the web which is not the case. It was a LE officer in another country I believe that the poster knows who gave her this advice.

Thanks for the link scandi! :blowkiss:

Now I just have to catch up here. Been involved in the NH case for the past couple of hours with that show being aired in Holland. Still have to wait until tomorrow to see 'for real' what was said. :(

fran

PS...Thanks to you too Close Enough, for the link! :) You all are the BEST! fran

Hi Txmom, I think if he did rent a motel 1/2 hour away from home, all speculation, it would be a close place to lie in wait. He knew she was going to bed he could double back and sneak up on her in the bed,which sounds plausible to me.

The check in time at the motel where the business meeting was would be an interesting thing to find out. We won't hear that till trial I'm sure.

Scandi

Let's say that Michelle's friend or friends came to watch GA an hour or so early so they could yak awhile. JY decides to leave between 7:30 and 8:00 P.M. for say a three hour drive. That would seem reasonable to me.

He checks in, calls Michelle around 11 P.M. and?????????????????????

IIRC, Michelle's TOD was at the latest, 3:30 A.M., according to how rigamortis sets in according to Dr. Baden and she was found at 1:30 P.M.

Sooooooooooo, if JY's meeting was say 9 A.M., at a city three hours drive from his home, IF it were JY, he would have had to leave home by 6 A.M.

Just something to chew on.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Let's say that Michelle's friend or friends came to watch GA an hour or so early so they could yak awhile. JY decides to leave between 7:30 and 8:00 P.M. for say a three hour drive. That would seem reasonable to me.

He checks in, calls Michelle around 11 P.M. and?????????????????????

IIRC, Michelle's TOD was at the latest, 3:30 A.M., according to how rigamortis sets in according to Dr. Baden and she was found at 1:30 P.M.

Sooooooooooo, if JY's meeting was say 9 A.M., at a city three hours drive from his home, IF it were JY, he would have had to leave home by 6 A.M.

Just something to chew on.

JMHO
fran
I am sure hoping JY did not have time or the presence of mind to unload luggage and what not from his vehicle when he got to his parents. I'm hoping there was a briefcase full of receipts and a lap top in that SUV when he returned to Raleigh - if so, the police know a lot more than we may think without ever talking to JY. Since the police have admitted only to talking to him briefly - I'm thinking they had a different method of figuring not only his whereavbouts but also the times associated. JMO

Hi Fran!

Counting back for rigor the latest she could have died would be 3:30 acc to Dr Baden. And the earliest? Rigor can begin at any time up to 2 hours I believe to actually start processing, so that would make it 12:30 at the earliest for TOD.

That would jive with LE wanting to know what cars were there between midnight and 6am.

So I bet after the 11pm call he waited an hour before he doubled back to the house. She could have been gone by 12:30, I bet that LE has him cold on the checkin at the fancy motel by his appt, and what they're polishing up is where he was after he left the house up until he came back and murdered her.

Hope they have a masterful Chief investigator on the case. Wonder if it is the same prosecutor as on the Duke case?

Scandi

PS: Interesting fact I learned on the LA Coroner show I watched this week. Rigor begins in the eye muscles. And it leaves the same way, so the last little bit of rigor in a dead body is in the eyes.

I don't have anything useful to add - you guys are way too smart for me - just wanted to say I thought about this little girl this Thanksgiving - without her mommy. Christmas will be hard too. Maybe she's too young to realize now but the holidays will probably always be hard for her because of her moms death right before the holidays. I hope her father was not involved (doesn't look good from what I can see but I've been wrong many times on matters such as this). I wonder if the dad is arrested, will the LE wait until after the holidays to arrest just to allow this little girl some semblance of a merry Christmas?

So, from their ehhhh supposed friend in the know, we are to believe that:

1. Michelle, who was very security conscious, didn't think it necessary to lock the door or forgot, when her husband is out of town, thus the no forced entry?

2. The fax, which Meredith specifically said was a fax, was not a fax but a computer print out. This genius IT salesman, wants us to believe that he would send something to his home computer to be printed out regarding something Michelle wanted for a gift, while he was gone, so he needed his SIL to go and retrieve it before his wife saw it. What, he didn't have access to a computer and printer? If no printer, he couldn't just have emailed himself and printed it out when he got home?

3. I'll go along with him waiting to leave for home to wait for his family, so they could drive. After all, he'd just found out his wife had been murdered and was in no condition to drive five hours home. BUT,.............to not go through the house and see if anything is missing? To NOT talk to LE all this time to help find the REAL killer?

4 The poster supposedly in the know first said it was a Xmas gift then said an anniversary gift, ehh........leather (purse)......(louis vittan by chance?)

5. IF Michelle lost the baby she was carrying in the Spring two weeks after the accident, I would venture to say the accident was the cause of the miscarriage. I don't believe a doctor would rule that out. The car was in four feet of water, she must have had to force her way out of the car and swim to shore, plus she apparently didn't have on her seat belt.

6. To spout over and over what a happy couple they were and her friends are sticking by the husband mean absolutely nothing. Laci's family and friends stuck by Scott at first too,........that is until they found out they didn't know Scott at all. Apparently, Laci didn't really know him either, it would appear.

Like I said, it does the friends and family of the victim a disservice to read and post on blogs about this crime. It would be better if they spent time taking care of their friends. PLUS, imho, they're letting out information that probably should be kept under-wraps for now. IF LE isn't talking, neither should they, imho.

I will stop suspecting the husband IF and WHEN the husband goes in and talks to LE AND a reward is issued for information resulting in the capture and conviction of the killer. ONLY THEN will I look elsewhere...............until then................previous records speak for themselves on who the most likely perp is.

JMHO
fran

lol...we've moved house......thread 4.

Ok, so I didn't go to bed when I said I was going to because something caught me.

:confused: while looking into something....

When are new updated phone books released in the USA?

Samiya said:
lol...we've moved house......thread 4.

Ok, so I didn't go to bed when I said I was going to because something caught me.

:confused: while looking into something....

When are new updated phone books released in the USA?
Just checked dates on ours here - June to June is the calendar time covered. It may be something different in the Raleigh area though.

raisincharlie said:
I am sure hoping JY did not have time or the presence of mind to unload luggage and what not from his vehicle when he got to his parents. I'm hoping there was a briefcase full of receipts and a lap top in that SUV when he returned to Raleigh - if so, the police know a lot more than we may think without ever talking to JY. Since the police have admitted only to talking to him briefly - I'm thinking they had a different method of figuring not only his whereavbouts but also the times associated. JMO

I don't think he had time to unload. He was just waiting for his family to load their stuff.

I'm hoping LE has presence of mind to check his various credit cards, money cards, and cash receipts (if he has any) to compare when he last bought gas and how much was in the tank etc......

I'm also hoping that he was stupid enough to leave his cell phone on that night or morning, IF it was him. LE would definitely know his route then. That would prove one way or the other, IMO.

JMHO
fran

Hi Sami,

How funny you should ask that today. I found my new phone book for Portland on my front door step about 2 hours ago! :rolleyes:

Does your new project have to do with this case?

Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member