Miley Cyrus - what the heck happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to see the sheer scope of negative reaction to that performance accross the internet though it isnt surprising.
Im sure the 'Hannah Montana' image was confining but im not sure her new one is going to wear any better.
Fair or not she didnt mind the millions and millions she made from representing that character for Disney and while she certainly doesnt owe eternal fealty to all of her 'Hannah' fans going far out of your way to essentially p*ss on them probably wasnt the brightest move.

Once again you have to wonder at the quality of advice or career guidance she is getting.
Its fine to be a two day celebrity freak sensation attention wise but from the reactions of her generational peers both on the net and the ones I know she made an over night transition to object of ridicule.
Which will be solidified once the Late Nite Monologues,SNL and Family Guy and South Park are done with her and her tongue.
Minus whatever happens in her personal life from a career standpoint it seems very wrong headed.
Perhaps recieving Money and Fame all out of proportion to ones talent would mess with anyones perspective.

I still can't figure out the bears...

What was that all about?

So many "Disney kids" end up train wrecks.. there's quite a list now of those who've had drug/alcohol issues/mental breakdowns/abuse issues...

I think they're exposed to a lot of stuff kids ought not be, from a very early age.. and then people seem surprised when they melt down in their 20's.

Disney and companies like it, which make untold millions off the work of child stars. NEED to start taking good care of the children concerned, protecting them from industry predators, drugs, inappropriate parties, all the bad fast lane stuff. Because as the kids-grown-up continue fall like flies, it's really not good for the company image. :no:

eta : (I was using my sarcasm font, for that last bit.. jfyi)

I'm not sure what the stoned bears were about.

First I thought it was her way of saying I'm not a little girl with teddy bears anymore. Then I saw their stoned eyes. I wondered if she was trying to say she is coming out as a Grateful Dead fan. :floorlaugh: Well, she has been taped doing trippy drugs, so that one isn't entirely baseless.

Someone earlier posted it was more to do with Japanese Anime *advertiser censored*, which actually makes more sense.

I'm not sure what the stoned bears were about.

First I thought it was her way of saying I'm not a little girl with teddy bears anymore. Then I saw their stoned eyes. I wondered if she was trying to say she is coming out as a Grateful Dead fan. :floorlaugh: Well, she has been taped doing trippy drugs, so that one isn't entirely baseless.

Someone earlier posted it was more to do with Japanese Anime *advertiser censored*, which actually makes more sense.

:lol: They DO look like stoned Grateful Dead bears! :lol:

Sort of a combo of those and "Pedo Bear", which is/was a sort of dark humored meme, the origins of which are described here at the Know Your Meme site:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pedobear

So far her only reaction has been to quote the exactly TWO reviews that were remotely favorable then rave about the number of Tweets during her performance(most of which were of the WTF? EEwwww!!! variety)
She seems to be completly oblivious.
Time to step away from the 'Molly' Miley.

My (only?) favorite Pedo-bear moment was when he jumped from Internet to real life at the Sandusky trial. Someone showed up in costume outside the court house where his trial was going on. Fitting!

I have been to the strippers before several times (in Canada) and have NOTHING against women flaunting their sexuality or being proud of their body.....but IMHO Mylie's display, was inappropriate for the event. Repeated onstage masturbation, with an angry look on her face throughout, was actually disturbing to me. I found it raunchy and inappropriate. When she used the foamy finger as a phallic symbol and was thrusting it at the crowd, it smacked of the kind of harassing behavior I would expect to see from thugs lurking in an alley, it all came across as angry and assaultive to me, not as a proud display of sexuality. I felt sad for her.

I still can't figure out the source of the outrage. I've seen many reasons:

Because she's not talented enough (yet people still buy her music)

Because she's only 20 (Since when is the entertainment industry censored post-18?)

Because she used to be a Disney kid (since when are disney kids innocent - see Brittney Spears)

Because it was raunchy and not the right 'forum' to be doing that on. (MTV VMA's have a long history of stuff like this btw)

I'm telling you nobody is going to care in a couple of days. She's still going to make music (no matter how bad it is) and teenagers/adults are going to buy it. And yes there is a double standard if it was a male performer. The public doesn't care what you do as long as you got talent. Chris Brown can beat the hell out of Rhianna but yet his brand still sells. Lady Gaga can wear Lord know what and appear naked on youtube videos, it doesn't matter.

Perhaps kids need to stop looking at celebrities as role models, that would be a good start.

It is interesting to see the sheer scope of negative reaction to that performance accross the internet though it isnt surprising.
Im sure the 'Hannah Montana' image was confining but im not sure her new one is going to wear any better.
Fair or not she didnt mind the millions and millions she made from representing that character for Disney and while she certainly doesnt owe eternal fealty to all of her 'Hannah' fans going far out of your way to essentially p*ss on them probably wasnt the brightest move.

Once again you have to wonder at the quality of advice or career guidance she is getting.
Its fine to be a two day celebrity freak sensation attention wise but from the reactions of her generational peers both on the net and the ones I know she made an over night transition to object of ridicule.
Which will be solidified once the Late Nite Monologues,SNL and Family Guy and South Park are done with her and her tongue.
Minus whatever happens in her personal life from a career standpoint it seems very wrong headed.
Perhaps recieving Money and Fame all out of proportion to ones talent would mess with anyones perspective.

She's a bit like a tacky circus attraction. I suppose this young woman thought that she was breaking some sort of social barriers by doing her best burlesque imitation on stage. She really needs to study history if she believes that what she did was new and innovative. Women have been doing what she did to get attention for centuries ... and they always get attention ... just not the kind of attention that they want. Thankfully, she didn't insert a "costume malfunction" into her *advertiser censored* act - I suppose she's saving that for Act ll.

I'm looking forward to the South Park version of her ignorant perception of what it is to break social barriers.

Are we all forgetting that Miley already utilized a pole at a VMA performance just 2 or 3 years ago?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377695330.028600.jpg

(I love that girls face in the background on the left - for the record)

WHAT'S NEXT? And how did MTV get away w airing this past performance of MC - allowing a minor to act in such a sexualized fashion on network TV?

:scared:

But...she's made it clear that she doesn't want little kids as her fan-base. She's not even signed to her Disney record label anymore. Her song "We Can't Stop" is much different than her HM songs. So I don't see how the opinion of 8-year-olds on Miley's performance really matters?

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on her career in the long-term. I know Miley wants adults to like her, but it seems like this performance definitely set her back. I feel like there's a lot of people who don't like her, but like her music, though. It will probably just depend on how often the media reminds the public of this performance. Then again, how long do most pop stars last in the music industry?

Are Miley's stage decor and dancer costumes a reference to "Furries" (as in fetish)?

What next?.... Bestiality?

:bud:

Furries? Maybe I don't want/need to know...
Heading back to watching an episode of Mayberry now...

I still can't figure out why people are worried about her Hannah Montana fan base. The VMAs are definitely not (and have never been) aimed at that age group.

It smacks of manufactured outrage. This performance was not on Disney, it was not on Hannah Montana, it was not on a show aimed at kids. So what, pray tell, is all the hullabaloo over some possible damage done to little kid fans?

No, my objection is her sticking her butt in the guy's face and simulating mastubation. She can enjoy sex all she wants, I don't need to see it and neither does my 12-year-old! It wasn't appropriate either IMO when Michael Jackson would grab his crotch, vulgar and disgusting!!!

The VMAs have NEVER been aimed at the 12 year old set, though. There is always some sort of "incident", some instance of pushing the envelope at this show. It's not like this was aired during "family hour" on Nickelodeon or Disney channel, and unsuspecting 12-and-unders were exposed to it.

Furries? Maybe I don't want/need to know...
Heading back to watching an episode of Mayberry now...

Lol, not Mayberry.

Furries is a sexual fetish. Some people like to dress up in stuffed animal costumes to get their kink on... :floorlaugh: More to that, but I'll just say that much to spare you.

Lol, not Mayberry.

Furries is a sexual fetish. Some people like to dress up in stuffed animal costumes to get their kink on... :floorlaugh: More to that, but I'll just say that much to spare you.

You aren't far off... At all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377697361.179105.jpg

Lol, not Mayberry.

There was recently a story about one of those "furries" accused of raping an actual cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro