Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodland IIRC MB had POA for DM. Would have been a simple signature. I find it amazing that the real estate agent wouldn't have procured the offer and then submitted it to DP. Sounds like they wanted the full price that DM paid for it and 5K for DP's trouble. I can well imagine the environmental clauses that were in that offer! MOO

I thought the farm was the only property that DM didn't sign over the POA for. It doesn't seem odd to me anyway that they would contact the lawyers if they wanted to purchase it. Was the farm even listed for sale yet?

I thought the farm was the only property that DM didn't sign over the POA for. It doesn't seem odd to me anyway that they would contact the lawyers if they wanted to purchase it. Was the farm even listed for sale yet?
Alethea, MSM has reported that the buyers contacted the previous realtor and he referred them to DP. Perhaps the realtor just didn't want to get involved, or perhaps he had contacted DP and was told that they weren't willing to deal with him. There could be many reasons for that. As far as the POA, also, IIRC, back when DM signed the properties over DP is on record as saying that DM had given MB POA. Why some properties were transferred for $1 and why others remained in DM's name is hard to say-but there must have been a good reason that we're just not aware of, because a POA should have been able to handle everything. I find the actual transfer puzzling. MOO

Yes I have always believed that the MRO was such a fiasco that it sucked up all available cash, and by late 2012, there wasn't much left over. I wouldn't have been surprised if the incinerator had been purchased for use with the MRO consultants! The consultants blew through WM's cash and I believe took WM and DM to the point of having to liquidate properties anyway. At that point DM may not have been as poor as poor little me, but I think he felt pretty sorry for himself, enough so that he felt he could take a truck from somebody. After all, the consultants took his father's fortune from him.

That's why he feels "taken advantage of".

Obviously DM and WM would have discussed which way is out of the MRO morass, and likely WM wanted to push forward and make money with the thing, and DM wanted to shut it down and recoup what cash they could.

So DM got his gun and had it his way.

Gee I don't know, didn't his attorney regale us with how rich his client is at the beginning of all this assuring us that if he wanted a truck he would just buy a truck?

Apparently his attorney was unaware at that time that his client seemed to prefer taking things that didn't belong to him rather than actually purchasing them and perhaps incinerating people who dared to get in the way of that hobby?

And I have no doubt that WM was still excited about and believed in the new business venture. You'll notice he wasn't invited to the showdown between DM and AS less than two weeks prior to his death when AS called out DM for his lack of business savvy and told him to clean up the hangar before he'd see any actual contracts. I think it was after that meeting that DM made the decision about what he wanted to do with regards to his father and the business.

MOO

Alethea, MSM has reported that the buyers contacted the previous realtor and he referred them to DP. Perhaps the realtor just didn't want to get involved, or perhaps he had contacted DP and was told that they weren't willing to deal with him. There could be many reasons for that. As far as the POA, also, IIRC, back when DM signed the properties over DP is on record as saying that DM had given MB POA. Why some properties were transferred for $1 and why others remained in DM's name is hard to say-but there must have been a good reason that we're just not aware of, because a POA should have been able to handle everything. I find the actual transfer puzzling. MOO

Thanks, MsSherlock. I guess it would depend which kind of POA (the first one, separate from the properties) that he gave her.

Is there a different MSM article? The one posted above only says:

A real estate agent close to the deal says representatives of the company contacted Millard’s lawyers to express their interest, and a private sale was arranged from there.

It says lawyers, plural, and doesn't specify DP. I would think the corporate lawyers would be more likely. Maybe they just didn't want to pay commissions on a transaction that the agent didn't really have to do anything for.

JMO

Why some properties were transferred for $1 and why others remained in DM's name is hard to say-but there must have been a good reason that we're just not aware of, because a POA should have been able to handle everything. I find the actual transfer puzzling. MOO
<rs&bbm>

Only if it was a general POA ... could have been a specific POA, but I would have no idea why the Roseville farm would have been excluded.

This just keeps getting better and better!!!!!

I'm just sitting here wondering how many people are going to get themselves a slap on the hand for sticking their hands into DM's cookie jar. :giggle: Money certainly can be the root of all evils.

This just keeps getting better and better!!!!!

Or worse and worse if you are the Bosma's, Babcock's, parents of CN, mother of DM, Family of MS and anyone that knew and cared for WM.

Why some properties were transferred for $1 and why others remained in DM's name is hard to say-but there must have been a good reason that we're just not aware of, because a POA should have been able to handle everything. I find the actual transfer puzzling. MOO

<rsbm>

One of the properties that was transferred to MB was the Riverside property and the bank put a $3.8M charge on it before MB was able to liquidate it. I assume that is related to the hangar? It's 90% bank owned now.

The other two were the distillery condo bought after the murder and WM/DM's Etobicoke home.

Gee I don't know, didn't his attorney regale us with how rich his client is at the beginning of all this assuring us that if he wanted a truck he would just buy a truck?

Apparently his attorney was unaware at that time that his client seemed to prefer taking things that didn't belong to him rather than actually purchasing them and perhaps incinerating people who dared to get in the way of that hobby?

And I have no doubt that WM was still excited about and believed in the new business venture. You'll notice he wasn't invited to the showdown between DM and AS less than two weeks prior to his death when AS called out DM for his lack of business savvy and told him to clean up the hangar before he'd see any actual contracts. I think it was after that meeting that DM made the decision about what he wanted to do with regards to his father and the business.

MOO

Yes, DP did say that DM was Richie Rich. Wasn't that Wynona Ryder's excuse, I can afford that handbag? After all, I have $20k available for bail...

DM's references to an interest in accounting on his facebook page, and his mention that he was going over the MRO accounts when LE came to question him the first time (star jailhouse interview) suggest to me that he was really really trying to figure out his/WM's financial picture and he saw the MRO consultants as the enemies that were siphoning WM's fortunes away.

I am sure DM feels hard done by.

I have to wonder if MB has cut some ties with sonny and has now placed signing/legal rights over to DP. The landscaping business went directly to DP in swinging the deal purchasing the farmland. Has MB washed her hands of her son? One has to wonder. Seems from this angle the properties were purchased with money made from the proceeds of crime, drug money. I also have to wonder now also, if LE are able to prove the property was purchase with crime proceeds, is the landscaping company at risk of losing it? You would think they would have cleared all the red tape by now or did DP take it upon himself to dump it before these things were settled?

Now I have to wonder what DM told dear dad as to how he came about earning this money to purchase the farmland. Did WM find out how his son was making money and threatened to turn DM in and ended up paying with his life? WM being a very frugal man, I doubt he would fork out that kind of money for the purchase of the farmland, but that's JMHO.

I predict DM is liquidating all his properties because he knows he won't be needing any of them for the rest of his life. He will have a new home soon alongside RW, PB, MR and some of the other in Canada. Mr. Smich will be joining them there also. Sorry I fail to see a wrongful conviction on these two . But that's JMHO and especially since the two new charges have come to light. They've got some darn good evidence, to come to the conclusion both MS and DM were involved in LB's murder. I won't be surprised if MS is throwing DM under the bus as we sleuth.

I feel sorry for his Mother if she had no part in his criminal activities. Was she present in court when he made appearances ? Does she visit him ? If not, maybe she is distancing herself, and planning to move far away. Does she have other children ?

A real estate agent close to the deal says representatives of the company contacted Millard’s lawyers to express their interest, and a private sale was arranged from there.

Read more: http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/dellen-...o-landscaping-company-1.1772352#ixzz2yjGWo3Vq

And I would imagine DP acted as a real estate lawyer with that sale taking a piece of the pie... would you think?!

Yep money motivates people. Sometimes in the wrong direction. :floorlaugh:

MOO of course.

attachment.php

"There is nothing nefarious about these real estate deals," responded Deepak Paradkar, Millard's criminal lawyer. "He's not afraid of civil action and he's not trying to liquidate or hide his assets."

He's only liquidating half of them.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/3902490-dellen-millard-s-mother-sells-family-home/

More liquidating, $427,250 worth

1975 Piper Navajo $125k
http://www.ww.w.aerocontroller.com/...win-aircraft-for-sale/7230-1975-piper-navajo#
1975 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale Convertible $12k
1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible $18k
1997 Tigershark Monte Carlo $1k
1997 SeaDoo GTI $2.5k
JLG SP-15 Stock Picker $7k
GoGo Elite Scooter $700
Snap On tool box, Extreme Green $5k
Mason & Risch Upright Piano $750
http://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/519-751-6186/k0l9004?minNumberOfImages=1
2004 Jeep TJ, Heavily Modified $90k
http://www.racingjunk.com/Dirt-Off-Road-Trucks/182022477/2004-Jeep-TJ-Heavily-Modified.html
2007 Jeep Wrangler Hemi Conversion $25k
http://www.racingjunk.com/Jeep/182022499/2007-Jeep-Wrangler.html
1967 Piper Navajo $90k
http://www.ww.w.aerocontroller.com/...twin-aircraft-for-sale/7231-1967-piper-navajo
FFR (Factory Five Racing) 7191 $50k
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fact...-3-1-sale.html
Spiral duct $200
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-business-indu...ationFlag=true
Amp $50
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-amp-pedal/cam...ationFlag=true

It seems like someone other than DM is very much into motorcycles. Hmmm and unfortunately someone had their very expensive motorcycle stolen from their place in Toronto and parts were found at the hangar! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member