Million Dollar Dream Team. Discuss the Players Here and UPDATE INFO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lol I wonder if the state can use this against the defense? Any lawyer out there know?

If Dr. Lee or any of the other experts testify for the defense at trial, then they can be fully cross-examined by the prosecutors. For every witness, credibility, possible bias, conflicts of interest, etc. are always at issue, along with the substance of their testimony. Experts are often asked, for example, how much they are being paid (and it sometimes is exorbitant in criminal cases), in order to try to show bias, that they are "hired guns." Surely it is relevant to credibility if, in a recent case, an expert was found by the court to have hidden or tampered with evidence from a crime scene. Lee never actually testified at the actual trial in Spector, and many speculated that it was because of the awful cross-examination he would have faced from A. Jackson, the prosecutor.

http://www.kathyreichs.com/

Kathy Reichs is the woman who inspired and contributed to the TV Series "Bones." She is now on the defense team.

She is a noted authority of forensic Anthropology. She is also a best selling author.

Sure she doesn't need the recognition or face time....so how does KC's team pay for this expert??:waitasec:

I don't have time to read all this thread (work calls!) but this really p'd me off. I said as much on a few other threads. Why is she hooking up with these fools. Shameful. Maybe I will let her know on her website.

I don't think George and Cindy have assembled this team for Casey. It seems like a benefactor is funding this for some odd reason and sending in the glorified crime regulars. It almost has the feel of organized TV for ratings.

There are people who think Geraldo had something to do with this team coming together and I am one of them. He is shameless not to mention two-faced, IMO. He maintains his skepticism about her innocence yet, IMO, could very well have whispered in Baez's ear about all the opportunity for a case/circus better than Peterson and helped him reach all these "experts/clowns" for that circus.

This is all my opinion, purely speculation, but it sure makes sense to me.

Dr. Lee was on NG tonight and he said he is working Pro Bono. Everyone entitled to a defense blah blah blah.

They have hired a team of experts reserved generally for the uber-affluent. These people don't work for free and they don't work based on potential profits from a book etc. Someone is paying for this and it's quite possible it's the good citizens of the State of Florida. In CA an indigent criminal defendant is entitled to have the attorney and team of his/her choice at taxpayer's expense. I don't know what the situation is in Florida but it's possible it's the same.

I finally have a chance to read this whole thread, I'm pretty sure this has been answered. I don't think any defendant should have the right to THESE experts paid by the state. They have the right to a COMPETENT defense. Not million $$ fame w****s! JMHO as I haven't lived in FL in a few years and I can't remember the "rules".

If I had been a caller, I'd have asked, why in the world wouldn't the state want Henry Lee at the scene where the remains were found because he's surely could have gotten a deal worked out with great pricing on Post It Notes. Wouldn't they need a ton at that scene for collecting evidences? Why would the state even want to turn that down?

As an aside, everyone (talking heads) is so afraid of saying anything negative about this supposed, "dream team." Guess what? The general public isn't awe struck with them anymore. They are nothing but a disgrace and when they're called upon, with few exceptions, most help get someone convicted nowadays. They are HAS BEENS and Baez is a WANNABE.

Ironic isn't it that KC didn't work and stole from her family and friends
yet she has a defense team that none of us could ever afford

I also find it to be distasteful that all these so called high powered people would jump in to defend a woman who
didn't report her child missing, lied to LE at every turn, made up imaginary people including the kidnapping nanny, partied, shopped, rented videos, got a tat, while supposedly searching for her missing daughter. Has shown no remorse or concern for her daugther etc etc.

Sad that publicity is more imprtant to these people than justice for Caylee.

I also find it to be distasteful that all these so called high powered people would jump in to defend a woman who
didn't report her child missing, lied to LE at every turn, made up imaginary people including the kidnapping nanny, partied, shopped, rented videos, got a tat, while supposedly searching for her missing daughter. Has shown no remorse or concern for her daugther etc etc.

It is distasteful. If they want to help, there are plenty of innocent people locked away in prison for crimes they didn't commit. Perhaps volunteering with the Innocence Project would fulfill their need to be a humanitarian. (Going to go throw up now. Blech.).

OTOH, didn't Dr. B do the new autopsy for Drew P's second wife? The one that "proved" homicide over accidental death??

The experts all have SAG cards and are getting paid for each and every appearance on TV. Being a Talking Head is just as much a job as their real job. Supplements their income and keeps their name in the press. Pro Bono for people not making headlines doesn't pay at all.
IMO

The xxxxx team makes me sick. It has nothing to do with justice for Caylee or justice for KC, in fact it has nothing to do with justice. It has everything to do with FAME & MONEY!!:furious:

There are people who think Geraldo had something to do with this team coming together and I am one of them. He is shameless not to mention two-faced, IMO. He maintains his skepticism about her innocence yet, IMO, could very well have whispered in Baez's ear about all the opportunity for a case/circus better than Peterson and helped him reach all these "experts/clowns" for that circus.

This is all my opinion, purely speculation, but it sure makes sense to me.

I think there is also a good possibilty that GR has helped JB out in exchange for exclusive interviews with KC after the trial, whether convicted or not.
Oh, to be a cockroach in JB's office and be able to get to all the media agreements he may have made!

Didn't see your post, but I just said the same thing. It makes me sick.

2u96c6u.jpg

It is distasteful. If they want to help, there are plenty of innocent people locked away in prison for crimes they didn't commit. Perhaps volunteering with the Innocence Project would fulfill their need to be a humanitarian. (Going to go throw up now. Blech.).

OTOH, didn't Dr. B do the new autopsy for Drew P's second wife? The one that "proved" homicide over accidental death??

Dr. B. did the autopsy for Drew P's 3rd wife, K. Savio, who was exhumed. Second wife is still living, as is the 1st wife.:)

I keep thinking about the text that Jesse had sent Amy about him contacting the millionaire that owns all the property in Orlando to help Casey out, could it be him that is paying for this "Dream Team"? I don't have his name at the tip of tongue, but I found it odd when his name was even mentioned and why he would want to get involved in the case to begin with.

I thought about that guy too. But last night on NG she asked H. Lee directly about who and how much and he said pro bono.

didn't report her child missing, lied to LE at every turn, made up imaginary people including the kidnapping nanny, partied, shopped, rented videos, got a tat, while supposedly searching for her missing daughter. Has shown no remorse or concern for her daughter etc etc.

Sad that publicity is more important to these people than justice for Caylee.

I could not agree with you more..why did they chose Casey over Caylee is my question? The "Victim" should be the one with a "Dream Team" behind her. It just is not fair, and I pray the same way the Lord guided the man who found the remains, he will guide the Jury and the Judge and "Justice" be served for Caylee. I am just so disgusted right now with this family.

I have lost all respect for Dr. Lee, the only time I see him is when it is a high profile case and he is working for the defense. I don't think he has called the evidence "like it is" since he sold out to be a high paid witness for the defense. I agree everybody deserves representation but that is a far cry from paying someone to throw up smoke and mirrors in an effort to confuse a jury, a real "expert" tells the truth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasongeo2
Back