Miscellaneous - off the beaten path idea's.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TY Sherlock!

Congrats to the other winners as well!

From what I have seen searching some WS posts and threads come up on google search using the 'tag' feature here. I am trying to think of various combinations of two words, or single words Anna might recognize if she were searching. I would love it if we could ALL utilize the tag feature and add different words, memories as we members can only add two per thread.

I would like Annasmom and family, Joeford and others to suggest here what we might add, Lolo letters, Joepoke, vague memories, come to mind.... Everyone be creative and help think of more! This is pretty simple to do and just add to the threads which already exist.

I think the more we add, if Anna uses the internet, the greater the possibility she might find us.

thanks! :blowkiss:
Cubby

From what I have seen searching some WS posts and threads come up on google search using the 'tag' feature here. I am trying to think of various combinations of two words, or single words Anna might recognize if she were searching. I would love it if we could ALL utilize the tag feature and add different words, memories as we members can only add two per thread.

I would like Annasmom and family, Joeford and others to suggest here what we might add, Lolo letters, Joepoke, vague memories, come to mind.... Everyone be creative and help think of more! This is pretty simple to do and just add to the threads which already exist.

I think the more we add, if Anna uses the internet, the greater the possibility she might find us.

thanks! :blowkiss:
Cubby
Great idea, Cubby. Here are some suggestions (not Joepoke, since she'd never look for that, but rather JOKA--family names, Saturn (the dog), Suzy, Hatch School, Patches, Melon, Chickens, Captain Crunch, Ogre the Hill, Kaview (the Half Moon Bay Review)...:clap:

Great idea, Cubby. Here are some suggestions (not Joepoke, since she'd never look for that, but rather JOKA--family names, Saturn (the dog), Suzy, Hatch School, Patches, Melon, Chickens, Captain Crunch, Ogre the Hill, Kaview (the Half Moon Bay Review)...:clap:

Cubby,

This is a great idea. I always try to think of words to google while searching for Anna. Here is a few more:
Outhouse
School Bus
Pumpkins
Record Player
Horses
Farm
Here Comes The Sun

Thanks guys! I should probably add how to add tags to threads here at WS if anyone is not familiar. When viewing a thread if you scroll to the bottom, two sections beneath the area listing pages you will see 'edit tags' on the far right, click on that to open the tag area and add your keywords. Single words of course come up with thousands if not millions of hits at times, so if we have a few key words in combination Anna, or someone who knows Anna might have better success at finding us here.

Thanks guys! I should probably add how to add tags to threads here at WS if anyone is not familiar. When viewing a thread if you scroll to the bottom, two sections beneath the area listing pages you will see 'edit tags' on the far right, click on that to open the tag area and add your keywords. Single words of course come up with thousands if not millions of hits at times, so if we have a few key words in combination Anna, or someone who knows Anna might have better success at finding us here.

I should have been able to figure it out after this good explanation, but itjust didn't work for me. Maybe someone will put "bus trip" on their tags, since part of the reason I'm reprinting the 1971 bus trip on my blog (http://writeritewrightright.blogspot.com) is that I think Anna might remember parts of it, the pictures, her writing, etc. So far, however, as far as I can tell, only one person is reading it! Not exactly a best-seller.

I should have been able to figure it out after this good explanation, but itjust didn't work for me. Maybe someone will put "bus trip" on their tags, since part of the reason I'm reprinting the 1971 bus trip on my blog (http://writeritewrightright.blogspot.com) is that I think Anna might remember parts of it, the pictures, her writing, etc. So far, however, as far as I can tell, only one person is reading it! Not exactly a best-seller.

It's there in the tags, I see it 'bus trip', it worked. :blowkiss:

I added one too.

Cubby,

This is a great idea. I always try to think of words to google while searching for Anna. Here is a few more:
Outhouse
School Bus
Pumpkins
Record Player
Horses
Farm
Here Comes The Sun

What comes to mind for me is Looking Glass's Brandy too. When Annasmom said she wanted to be called Brandy. Although a bit older than Anna was, I can remember three of us girls fighting over which Charlies Angel we were going to play and there were many times we played with made up names from songs or TV shows.

It's there in the tags, I see it 'bus trip', it worked. :blowkiss:

I added one too.

joepoke said... Mikie, Thanks for publishing The Bus Log. I am certain that if Anna were to see it there would be no doubt she would remember that magical mystery tour. Nor the one-and-a-half gainer she so scarily performed from out one of the bus windows.

jf

ps. I'm sending your blog site far and wide.
November 9, 2008 7:02 AM

joepoke said... Mikie, Thanks for publishing The Bus Log. I am certain that if Anna were to see it there would be no doubt she would remember that magical mystery tour. Nor the one-and-a-half gainer she so scarily performed from out one of the bus windows.

jf

ps. I'm sending your blog site far and wide.
November 9, 2008 7:02 AM

Wow, this sounds interesting! Tell us the story! This memory could still be with Anna.

Wow, this sounds interesting! Tell us the story! This memory could still be with Anna.

It's rather a long story, which is why it is on the blog instead of the forum, but it is a journal the whole family--including Anna--made from May to November 1971, and can be read at http://writeritewrightright.blogspot.com. There are other entries as well, and the log reads backward in time, so look for topics which say Bus Log. Lots of drawings and pictures. I'm trying to enter a few pages every day.

It's rather a long story, which is why it is on the blog instead of the forum, but it is a journal the whole family--including Anna--made from May to November 1971, and can be read at http://writeritewrightright.blogspot.com. There are other entries as well, and the log reads backward in time, so look for topics which say Bus Log. Lots of drawings and pictures. I'm trying to enter a few pages every day.

I would think if there is one thing Anna would recall it would be the bus and the tour. As a child, a trip is something that really sticks. I was talking to my daughter on the weekend about various trips we took to the States from Canada, tho some details were vague, she recalled going on those trips and told me incidences I almost forgot, I reminded her of my memories of the trips and THEN she remembered those I recalled. She was 7 years old but she said she remembered alot of other children in the campground, a dark colored cabin we rented, the JBean store and slippers she wanted to buy but didn't get. LOL. This bus was pretty special and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Anna had memories of it plus the motorcycle riding with Joka.

I can't find the doohickey to 'edit tags' so will list a few here that come to mind, maybe someone can add them in the proper spot for memory triggers...

King Worm (he was so big we gave him his own box)
Vanilla the Cat
Iggy the iguana
Rocky Road Raccoon Flower (my goat that Anna named)
chicken plucking day and bees
de-headed roosters running in circles
Patchouli the cat
Saturn the dog
big white barn owl
Captain Crunch and Hugh Hefner (the roosters in the coop)
huge water tank
liver and onions and bacon (Anna loved this supper on Thursdays at my cottage)
ground bees chased the kids when they put the hose in the hole
kittens

~suzapalooza

The tags are working. I have found links back here to Anna's forum at WS without using WS or Anna's name in my search.

Happy Birthday dear Annasmom!
happy_birthday_10-728921.gif

raf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member