Miscellaneous - off the beaten path idea's.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have spent countless hours looking for Anna. I'm saddened by the fact that my previous post has gone completely ignored. I wish that, at the very least, I would have gotten a response that all leads in THAT direction didn't lead to any discussion or speculation but, I didn't even get that.

I mean no harm, no disrepect and certaintly don't want to create hardship or pain...My only motivation in spending as many hours as I've spent here have been to try to assist with an answer.

With closure of some sort.

I'm no longer sure that that is possible if those concerned are not willing to confront and adddress the "tough" questions....

I still hope and believe that there is a possibility that Anna is alive and I will continue to check in here to see what is going on to search for her...

Hi Pink Panther,

I understand your frustration at not getting a response to your post however, you must understand that the main people on this forum working on Anna's case have been doing this for, not countless hours but countless YEARS, and a lot of them work or are involed in other cases and organisations.

Also, in light of the Jaycee Dugard case, the main focus at the moment is on getting media attention for Anna and other missing children.

Please also bare in mind how difficult this must be for Annasmom, she may not want to answer or re-answer some of the very personal questions that are asked and we should all respect that.

If you read through all of the main threads on here (as I'm sure all of us did before we started posting) you will find answers to some of the questions you have asked.

This is a very passive forum, unlike other forums on WS and I personally would like to see it stay that way.

I'm sure everyone on here appreciates your input even if they don't respond directly and it would be sad if you choose not to continue to be involed.

I am not speaking for everyone, this is just MHO.

Hi Pink Panther,

I understand your frustration at not getting a response to your post however, you must understand that the main people on this forum working on Anna's case have been doing this for, not countless hours but countless YEARS, and a lot of them work or are involed in other cases and organisations.

Also, in light of the Jaycee Dugard case, the main focus at the moment is on getting media attention for Anna and other missing children.

Please also bare in mind how difficult this must be for Annasmom, she may not want to answer or re-answer some of the very personal questions that are asked and we should all respect that.

If you read through all of the main threads on here (as I'm sure all of us did before we started posting) you will find answers to some of the questions you have asked.

This is a very passive forum, unlike other forums on WS and I personally would like to see it stay that way.

I'm sure everyone on here appreciates your input even if they don't respond directly and it would be sad if you choose not to continue to be involed.

Thank you for sticking up for me. I have to admit that being accused of being unwilling to confront and address the "tough questions" (which I have done about a thousand times) was very hurtful to me, especially since I have had to stay in the house all week because my ugly picture was on the front page of the local newspaper and I didn't want people coming up to me and going through the whole story again. Boo hoo. Sorry to sound like a baby.

Thank you for sticking up for me. I have to admit that being accused of being unwilling to confront and address the "tough questions" (which I have done about a thousand times) was very hurtful to me, especially since I have had to stay in the house all week because my ugly picture was on the front page of the local newspaper and I didn't want people coming up to me and going through the whole story again. Boo hoo. Sorry to sound like a baby.

Oh Annasmom, you just made me cry. I have 3 girls and can not even start to imagine what you have been through and you are entitled to boo hoo all you want.

From all I have read on here you have answered all the tough questions that you have ever been asked and if all the threads were read you would not have to answer them again.

And by the way, you are NOT ugly, you are a beautiful woman both outside and in.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as always.

Hugs

Hi Pink Panther,

Wow OzzieMom! You took the words right out of my mouth. Most importantly, Anna's forum is not like any other forum, anywhere on the internet!

You guys are so nice. I have to admit, it has taken me a couple of hours to formulate a comment that would not get me booted from WS.

We ALL put much time to these cases here; however, we are all volunteers, so whatever time we put in this is ours to do so. None of us get paid---if it is too much for anyone, it is our perogative to take a break. Noone is here for glory, or recognition, or kudos. We are here to help those who truly need help in finding their family and answers. The people here "in the know" (Annasmom, Doogie, Sherlock, Cubbie, etc) are not on our time clock--they have responsibilities and lives just like the rest of us. PP,

There are people here (above names and more) who have invested more time than you could imagine in finding Anna. (I do not help as much as others because I am a very emotional person, and Michelles situation hurts my heart, so I have to take breaks, but I always check to see what is going on.) Please remember that Annasmom has had to live with this for over 30 yrs; this is not a trivial thing to her, or to those closest to her. This is real life, this is HER daughter. We are here to help her, not the other way around. We are here to offer whatever help we can in finding answers, but I would also like to think that we also offer her love and strength, because I am sure that as strong as she is, sometimes she may need it to keep the hope. As a volunteer, I am happy to offer whatever I can to those who need it, without thanks or expectations of gratitude in return. I offer it because I feel gratified to know I am doing something good in this world to help others, and if I needed help, would be honored if the same were offered back to me, and I am guessing 99.9% of others here feel the same way.

You guys are so nice. I have to admit, it has taken me a couple of hours to formulate a comment that would not get me booted from WS.

Trust me Julessleuther, I had to back space a lot before I posted my comment.

Annasmom –
While my initial questions were posted to you, my second post – prompting for a reply was not. Thank you for answering. I realize that many of the issues I was asking about appear to have been covered in your book but unfortunately, my current circumstances don’t provide me with an address where this could be sent to – I will definitely order the book when I can.

I’m so sorry to have caused you pain. It wasn’t my intention to do so and I cannot fathom the strength you have to continue to endure the probing that goes on here (and elsewhere) after all of this time.

I have read every post available on this forum as well as everything else I have been able to find on the internet about Anna. I will continue to do so and I will continue to search.

Annasmom – Your beauty comes through not only through your pictures but also in your writing and the in the manner that you express yourself. Under the circumstances, this is something that I cannot claim for myself. I sincerely apologize for the aggressiveness of my post and I hope you will forgive me. My apology extends to the other posters who I may have offended.

I realize that many of the issues I was asking about appear to have been covered in your book but unfortunately, my current circumstances don’t provide me with an address where this could be sent to – I will definitely order the book when I can.

I sincerely apologize for the aggressiveness of my post and I hope you will forgive me. My apology extends to the other posters who I may have offended.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Pink Panther, I probably shouldn't be so thin-skinned, but I do go up and down emotionally on everything regarding Anna and sometimes I think it's my WS friends who give me the will to keep me going on this. Anyway, no need to apologize. One thing I might emphasize is that GW broke off with everyone who would not become a disciple of GB as he was (which meant allowing GB to make all their decisions for them, a diabolic kind of thing.) My refusing to "let GB into my life", as they put it, was the reason GW probably thought I was an unfit mother. I don't want to flog the book, but it is available from Lulu as a download, and I believe there are some earlier versions of it archived on line, since Doogie and I offered it as a free download before it was published.

I have thought of trying to do an index of Forum posts (as well as of the book, which really needs it), but it's a pretty daunting task. Instead we have been relying on WS people with phenomenal memories, since they always seem to be able to find things from older posts.

Thank you.

Annasmom, FWIW, I think your picture was incredibly beautiful. Your home is beautiful and you have a very handsome husband.

I know, I have asked many questions here in Annasforum that went unanswered. I asked, before I did my research....... It takes a great many many hours to 'catch up' on a case that has been researched for as many years as Anna's has here at WS. I think, we here at Anna's forum do our best NOT to 'slam' posters for asking ( as sometimes happens in other forums at WS), and I do not think in ANY way Ozziemums reply was a slam.

This forum, started before many others..... and some of the newer forums are a little more fine tuned as far as the newer ones.

I think I came to the realization that if a question goes unanswered, it is likely it has been researched and eliminated. It was up to ME to go digging for that information, and why it was eliminated. IT took me a long time to read all of the threads and posts here, and I think I have read at least 98%. I did notice a few 'theories' and things which kind of fell by the wayside when other more promising theories arose - which I reposted and asked about again.

Pink' I hope you do not take offense to this post. Just being completly honest in trying to answer your questions and comments. You, and others are ALWAYS welcome to send me a pm, asking me... and I too will try to answer best I can. I too sometimes don't reply to questions which have been answered previously here or in the book.

:blowkiss:

ETA: We are blessed to have not only Annasmom here, but other members of her family and former neighbors who drop in from time to time. I know of no other forum here at WS, (outside of Kelly from Project Jason) who are so active in participating here at WS regarding their missing family member. I feel honored and blessed to even have the opportunity to 'talk' to and investigate along side of this wonderful family.

ETA: We are blessed to have not only Annasmom here, but other members of her family and former neighbors who drop in from time to time. I know of no other forum here at WS, (outside of Kelly from Project Jason) who are so active in participating here at WS regarding their missing family member. I feel honored and blessed to even have the opportunity to 'talk' to and investigate along side of this wonderful family.

Cubby, you're such a sweetheart.

Annasmom –
While my initial questions were posted to you, my second post – prompting for a reply was not. Thank you for answering. I realize that many of the issues I was asking about appear to have been covered in your book but unfortunately, my current circumstances don’t provide me with an address where this could be sent to – I will definitely order the book when I can.

I’m so sorry to have caused you pain. It wasn’t my intention to do so and I cannot fathom the strength you have to continue to endure the probing that goes on here (and elsewhere) after all of this time.

I have read every post available on this forum as well as everything else I have been able to find on the internet about Anna. I will continue to do so and I will continue to search.

Annasmom – Your beauty comes through not only through your pictures but also in your writing and the in the manner that you express yourself. Under the circumstances, this is something that I cannot claim for myself. I sincerely apologize for the aggressiveness of my post and I hope you will forgive me. My apology extends to the other posters who I may have offended.

Hi Pink Panther,

Thank you for coming back and posting your above response. A lot of people would have just gone away and not come back. I think this shows that you really are interested in being involved in helping to find Anna and I for one would like to say, welcome back.

Hopefully we can all put this behind us now and get on with the job at hand, finding Anna.

Hi Pink Panther,

Thank you for coming back and posting your above response. A lot of people would have just gone away and not come back. I think this shows that you really are interested in being involved in helping to find Anna and I for one would like to say, welcome back.

Hopefully we can all put this behind us now and get on with the job at hand, finding Anna.
I won't go away. Anna is in my heart now and I will continue to search with all of you! Temperaments and personalities and reactions are all different for people. I am a passionate person who sometimes f's up. Here, it's quite clear that I f'd up. I am trully sorry and I want to be a part of this family and so, I ask you all to forgive me. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you have welcomed me back! Thank you Ozzie!
Your post means a great deal to me!

This is my second time trying to post. I wrote for about 15 minutes before and tried to post only to realize that I was no longer logged in and that my post had gone off into to stratosphere!

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the fact that Anna might not know who she is...How would someone who does not know that she is missing, look for herself? What if she is out there with an inkling that she was "adopted" (perhaps by a good and well-intentioned family)? How would she ever go about trying to find her roots? I don't know why exactly, but I don't believe that Anna drowned or that she had an accident. I think that she was either abducted by the George's or by a stranger. Given her age at abduction, I do believe that there is a good chance that she is alive. So if this is the case, could it be possible that she is alive and well and not necessarily feeling troubled about looking for herself?

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the fact that Anna might not know who she is...How would someone who does not know that she is missing, look for herself? What if she is out there with an inkling that she was "adopted" (perhaps by a good and well-intentioned family)? How would she ever go about trying to find her roots? I don't know why exactly, but I don't believe that Anna drowned or that she had an accident. I think that she was either abducted by the George's or by a stranger. Given her age at abduction, I do believe that there is a good chance that she is alive. So if this is the case, could it be possible that she is alive and well and not necessarily feeling troubled about looking for herself?[/QUOTE]

Hi PinkPanther,

There are various scenerios we hope Anna maybe living in, one of them is yes, hopefully Anna realizes something is amiss, perhaps she found out as an older adult she was adopted. Where to begin searching for a family probably filled with lies, we discuss memories on a thread hoping Anna recalls Saturn her dog, or the school bus extravaganza trip! Searching blogs, typing in Google something Anna may have written..anything! Hopefully Anna is at least recognized out there too by that one person who says....Hey, I know her.

It is a possibility, I hope she was in fact adopted by a marvelous family, but something tells me if she was non legally adopted..then who would be involved in this abduction? :waitasec:

Great question!

SKick.

I know what you both are saying, she would have to recognize herself in these photo's or someone else sees the resemblances and tells her. Or someone finally has a guilty conscious.

She may not have been legally adopted but could GW have unknowingly signed some form of Guardianship? (like passed off as a legal document)

It just really bothers me that GB wanted anything to do with Anna's name.. it's weird. Wonder if he had GW purchase insurance on her, then planned the abduction (in which he probably made some money as well) and then had GW make a claim. At this point I really don't think GW was aware of all this and just did as he was told by the man.

anyhow, I'm just brainstorming some thoughts and maybe something clicks or brings up some ideas. It sure is unfortunate that GB and GW weren't check more thoroughly back then by LE.. as to where they were going, attendants, servers that may have seen them and more so anyone/couple that may have been seen with GB. GB really cut himself off from a past so it keeps me coming back to that period of time for answers. hmmm

I know what you both are saying, she would have to recognize herself in these photo's or someone else sees the resemblances and tells her. Or someone finally has a guilty conscious.

She may not have been legally adopted but could GW have unknowingly signed some form of Guardianship? (like passed off as a legal document)

It just really bothers me that GB wanted anything to do with Anna's name.. it's weird. Wonder if he had GW purchase insurance on her, then planned the abduction (in which he probably made some money as well) and then had GW make a claim. At this point I really don't think GW was aware of all this and just did as he was told by the man.

anyhow, I'm just brainstorming some thoughts and maybe something clicks or brings up some ideas. It sure is unfortunate that GB and GW weren't check more thoroughly back then by LE.. as to where they were going, attendants, servers that may have seen them and more so anyone/couple that may have been seen with GB. GB really cut himself off from a past so it keeps me coming back to that period of time for answers. hmmm

I suggest reading the box from hell thread. Whatever was left of the insurance documents was a lot of accidental death (AD&D) insurance. The kind of insurance that was offered with either your gas card or major bank (Visa, MC, Discover... AmEx) back then... or free airline insurance one might have been offered when flying... or something really inexpensive through auto insurance.

There was one attempt to purchase insurance from Lloyds, but the info they required was not 'acceptable' for GB. GW wanted Brody as a beneficiary without ID so to speak- just a signed photograph GB provided. (of course that didn't fly,) There was no whole life, no term life, nothing indicating insurance provided by an employer... If anyone had a credit card back then, the info soliciting the insurance came as part of the credit card statements and numerous telemarketing calls.

IMO, I am not sure what to make of those insurance policies, which would only pay out if one died in an accident or was dismembered. They would not only need to have proof of an accident, they would have had to provide somekind of proof for Anna, no?

IRL, I do not know of anyone who ever collected on an AD&D policy, it's usually hospital, car, home owners....

Maybe it was easy to collect on those? IF it was, I wouldn't think every credit card in the world would be soliciting them.....

Imo, with all my telemarketing experience, I think they would have done better with that 'suplimental hospital insurance' which paid up to 200 a day if you were out of work and hospitialized- cash directly to you to cover the 20 percent of the usual 80/20 back in the day. It would have been MUCH easier for GB/GW to scam hospital insurance than it would accident insurance. ( now that is if all insurance was 80/20 back in the early 80's. That was before HMO's and PPO's iirc. )

In other words, outside of 'paranoia' of dying from an accident, I just don't see much with the policies those two G's took out.

JMO of course.

I suggest reading the box from hell thread. Whatever was left of the insurance documents was a lot of accidental death (AD&D) insurance. The kind of insurance that was offered with either your gas card or major bank (Visa, MC, Discover... AmEx) back then... or free airline insurance one might have been offered when flying... or something really inexpensive through auto insurance.

There was one attempt to purchase insurance from Lloyds, but the info they required was not 'acceptable' for GB. GW wanted Brody as a beneficiary without ID so to speak- just a signed photograph GB provided. (of course that didn't fly,) There was no whole life, no term life, nothing indicating insurance provided by an employer... If anyone had a credit card back then, the info soliciting the insurance came as part of the credit card statements and numerous telemarketing calls.

IMO, I am not sure what to make of those insurance policies, which would only pay out if one died in an accident or was dismembered. They would not only need to have proof of an accident, they would have had to provide somekind of proof for Anna, no?

IRL, I do not know of anyone who ever collected on an AD&D policy, it's usually hospital, car, home owners....

Maybe it was easy to collect on those? IF it was, I wouldn't think every credit card in the world would be soliciting them.....

Imo, with all my telemarketing experience, I think they would have done better with that 'suplimental hospital insurance' which paid up to 200 a day if you were out of work and hospitialized- cash directly to you to cover the 20 percent of the usual 80/20 back in the day. It would have been MUCH easier for GB/GW to scam hospital insurance than it would accident insurance. ( now that is if all insurance was 80/20 back in the early 80's. That was before HMO's and PPO's iirc. )

In other words, outside of 'paranoia' of dying from an accident, I just don't see much with the policies those two G's took out.

JMO of course.

Hi Cubby,

Just to add to this, I doubt that they would have abducted Anna to collect on an insurance policy. I know I live in another country but I would think some laws would be similar.

Would you not have to have proof that the person had died or after a statutory period (I think it's 7 years here) have that person declared legally dead before being able to claim on the policy? If this is the case, I would imagine that Annasmom would have to be consulted to have Anna declared legally dead.

I still think that GW and GB either new that Anna was still alive, or maybe they were just covering all bases, and that is why GW left a nominal amount to Anna in the insurance policies.

I know many here recall more information then I've been able to absorb yet. I can't seem to find an answer to whether annasbro did try hypnosis to see if he could recall the couple, car and possible license plate? If so were any sketches done of the woman who tried to get Anna into the vehicle?

thanks

I know many here recall more information then I've been able to absorb yet. I can't seem to find an answer to whether annasbro did try hypnosis to see if he could recall the couple, car and possible license plate? If so were any sketches done of the woman who tried to get Anna into the vehicle?

thanks
He was able to recall quite a few things about the couple, the car and the license plate, but we were not able to get anything definitive with the colors of the license plate. (This may be under the first locked thread called Searching for Anna.) No sketches were done.

I don't even know how exactly I ended up with this link....I think maybe thinking through if the George's kidnapped Anna, certainly they realized that they weren't in a position to raise her...And so, I went from there to trying to think of where (if they believed that they had her interests at heart) would they place her? Either with a family or with an orphanage...From there, I thought of the only other individual who they seemed to have interacted with and Poughkeepsie...And somehow, I found this:

http://www.childrenshome.us/

Has this possibility been discussed already? Am I beating a "dead horse"???

I realize that much of what I've been posting are stabs in the dark but I don't know where else to look!

I don't even know how exactly I ended up with this link....I think maybe thinking through if the George's kidnapped Anna, certainly they realized that they weren't in a position to raise her...And so, I went from there to trying to think of where (if they believed that they had her interests at heart) would they place her? Either with a family or with an orphanage...From there, I thought of the only other individual who they seemed to have interacted with and Poughkeepsie...And somehow, I found this:

http://www.childrenshome.us/

Has this possibility been discussed already? Am I beating a "dead horse"???

I realize that much of what I've been posting are stabs in the dark but I don't know where else to look!

I don't think we've come upon the Poughkeepsie home before, but for a while we were examining Synanon, a Bay Area organization which had a loosely-guarded children's group (there's a separate thread for that discussion). Thanks for posting this; it is always good to look at every possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back