Miss California - Same Sex Marriage-Perez Hilton

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
mysterygirl, dueling scholars aside, I think it's quite possible the ancient Hebrews DID condemn homosexuality. They condemned male (not female) masturbation and seemed very concerned that "male seed" not go to waste.

This makes sense when one considers they were a minority tribe in Canaan, surround by hostile neighbors. Of course they were concerned about keeping up their birth rate.

They also banned the eating of pigs and shellfish, which may have had a sound basis, heathwise, in 1200 B.C.

And if people want to follow those prohibitions today, they certainly have that right.

But just as refrigeration has changed health hazards, overpopulation and modern medicine have changed birth realities. Gay marriage is no more a threat today than lobsters.

mysterygirl, dueling scholars aside, I think it's quite possible the ancient Hebrews DID condemn homosexuality. They condemned male (not female) masturbation and seemed very concerned that "male seed" not go to waste.

This makes sense when one considers they were a minority tribe in Canaan, surround by hostile neighbors. Of course they were concerned about keeping up their birth rate.

They also banned the eating of pigs and shellfish, which may have had a sound basis, heathwise, in 1200 B.C.

And if people want to follow those prohibitions today, they certainly have that right.

But just as refrigeration has changed health hazards, overpopulation and modern medicine have changed birth realities. Gay marriage is no more a threat today than lobsters.
:laugh: Okay Nova, I'm sorry, but that's just funny!

Southcity.........I went to your link and read through the arguments with an open mind. I have read some of these before but am not well versed enough regarding the Bible to have answers. So I looked around to read other articles and found many which pick some of these explanations apart. "Refuting Homosexuals Who Use the Bible to Defend Homosexuality" was one of them. So it basically often boiled down to translations of words and in some cases, timelines. I must say that I have not changed my mind about homosexuality but continue to listen...

As far as people staying out of other's bedrooms....I agree. But this is about changing the definition of marriage in the United States (not Canada).

I can see I am outnumbered on this thread but I am not outnumbered in this country. So I will leave it at that........

Thanks for your open mind, mysterygirl. I think we have both seen and agreed that the Bible can be interpreted differntly.

I need to be completely honest here. If the 11th Commandment were "Thou Shalt Not Engage in Homosexual Sex," my opinion on the issue would remain the same. I'd assume it was a manmade error in the text. I'm not capable of or interested serving a God who does not completely, irrevocably and unconditionally love all Her children. My God does not make lesser-than categories of the humans He created in His image.

Yes. This is about changing the definition of marriage a bit, and it is hard for us to change. But if slightly changing the definition of marriage gives a minority group of citizens equal rights that they are currently denied AND in no way shape or form changes the rights I enjoy, I can find not one reasonable ground upon which to object.

Fair enough....I think that the rights could be gone after in other ways, such as within civil unions but I am not a lawyer.

And I do think God loves all of his children, sinners and saints(the very few). Because really, we all sin.

So I know you and I disagree but I still hope we can be websleuthing buddies!

(Don't get jealous Nova):)

Fair enough....I think that the rights could be gone after in other ways, such as within civil unions but I am not a lawyer.

And I do think God loves all of his children, sinners and saints(the very few). Because really, we all sin.

Absolutely! :blowkiss: With special respect to you, who are more open-minded than I am about the issue! I suspect that, Biblically, you and I would agree much more than we disagree.

Let's hope Nova does get jealous - that keeps him on his toes!

LOL I thought the same thing and I'm listening to her right now on Showbiz Tonight.
Shanna's just trying to make drama and get attention. She is the WORST role model I can think of and besides, she's a two bit...reality TV talentless non star. Now she's doing tons of shows because she is trying to steal the "admire me because I stick up for what I believe in" limelight.

This Shanna chick is upset because she thinks Carrie is lying? I don't think she has any moral ground to accuse anyone of anything. I saw that stupid reality TV show.

OK, I need helpto understand some details here. I have not followed any of these people until this whole guffaw. Yesterday, on HLN, the anchor who hosts the show right before the Jane Velez-Mitchell show "Issues" had Shanna Moakler on for a televised interview. And, maybe I do not hear what I think I heard, but I swear that at one point in the interview Shanna made a reference to "my partner" and gave a female name. In the context of the sentence in which she was speaking, her "partner" came across to me as her female partner. Does Shanna Moakler live with a female in a gay relationship? Not that I care at all - but if that were the case it would place a whole new spin on so many things. Again, maybe I heard wrong, or she was speaking of a business partner. As I stated above,I never knew of any of these people before; I also simply may have heard wrong. Rodney King many years ago made a comment about why can't we all get along. What words of wisdom.

OK, I need helpto understand some details here. I have not followed any of these people until this whole guffaw. Yesterday, on HLN, the anchor who hosts the show right before the Jane Velez-Mitchell show "Issues" had Shanna Moakler on for a televised interview. And, maybe I do not hear what I think I heard, but I swear that at one point in the interview Shanna made a reference to "my partner" and gave a female name. In the context of the sentence in which she was speaking, her "partner" came across to me as her female partner. Does Shanna Moakler live with a female in a gay relationship? Not that I care at all - but if that were the case it would place a whole new spin on so many things. Again, maybe I heard wrong, or she was speaking of a business partner. As I stated above,I never knew of any of these people before; I also simply may have heard wrong. Rodney King many years ago made a comment about why can't we all get along. What words of wisdom.

Shanna doesn't have a lesbian partner that I know of. She does have an off/on again relationship with her ex-husband Travis Barker.

LOL I thought the same thing and I'm listening to her right now on Showbiz Tonight.
Shanna's just trying to make drama and get attention. She is the WORST role model I can think of and besides, she's a two bit...reality TV talentless non star. Now she's doing tons of shows because she is trying to steal the "admire me because I stick up for what I believe in" limelight.

This Shanna chick is upset because she thinks Carrie is lying? I don't think she has any moral ground to accuse anyone of anything. I saw that stupid reality TV show.

Not to mention,she is a former Playboy Playmate and parties it up at the PB mansion,i have seen pics of her and i agree. I think she wants attention!

What can I do? The lady I love doesn't seem to be a one-poster kind of gal!

:(

"Liberal onslaught"? :rolleyes:

When did conservatives get so wimpy and whiny?

(I am most certainly NOT talking about posters in this thread. It's been a spirited discussion, but nobody's been crying in her beer.)

Now, Nova...the Repubs are noticeably battered and bruised right now - I think they deserve about 6-12 months of crying in their collective beers. Then they need to cowboy up and get back in the game!

"Liberal onslaught"? :rolleyes:

When did conservatives get so wimpy and whiny?

(I am most certainly NOT talking about posters in this thread. It's been a spirited discussion, but nobody's been crying in her beer.)

We learned from the pros! ("Vast right wing conspiracy" anyone?)

So many posters, so little time! :crazy:

Tramp!:blowkiss:

OK, I'll admit it, I was just about to start crying in my beer but then I saw that Nancy Pelosi press conference and it made me feel good again....ahhh politics!

Not to mention,she is a former Playboy Playmate and parties it up at the PB mansion,i have seen pics of her and i agree. I think she wants attention!

Seems many a beauty queen likes to show off the goods!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back